Georgetown GEMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everybody. Has anyone heard back for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

@dr.305 havent heard back yet. Also on your status, does it say under review or just complete. Mine just says complete and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to say more.

Members don't see this ad :)
@dr.305 havent heard back yet. Also on your status, does it say under review or just complete. Mine just says complete and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to say more.
Mine is the same. It only says completed

So are April interviews on the 19th and 20th still happening since they decided to push the application deadline to April 12th?

@SBarbie18 They haven't mentioned anything about pushing the interview dates back so I think so.

Reactions: 1 user
1617723505097.png
My application is complete and this is what my status page looks like. I haven't heard anything about interviews yet. Good luck and stay hopeful everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Mine looks the same. And haven't heard back about interviews yet either. Good luck to us! Staying hopeful.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The nerves are definitely kicking in at this point but good luck to all of us! hope we get good news in the next weeks

also wanna wish everyone good luck! Hope we all get some good news soon! :)

Is anyone doing any interview prep while waiting, or just gonna wait to get the call first. Cause now my worry is not having enough time to prep before interviewing.

Is anyone doing any interview prep while waiting, or just gonna wait to get the call first. Cause now my worry is not having enough time to prep before interviewing.
Yes because at this point it’s best to be prepared regardless of the outcome since it can literally be next week.

Reactions: 2 users
I would def suggest to start prepping for interviews. There was quick turnaround time for me last year. Trust me the interview is very relaxed. Take it seriously but still show some personality. Good luck y'all! Hope you hear good news!

Also sorry I've been ghost. Been taking a lot exams recently lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I would def suggest to start prepping for interviews. There was quick turnaround time for me last year. Trust me the interview is very relaxed. Take it seriously but still show some personality. Good luck y'all! Hope you hear good news!

Also sorry I've been ghost. Been taking a lot exams lol recently.
So even though they pushed the deadline back, they still had the interviews for the original date that they listed on the website or did they push the interviews back while you were applying last cycle?

So even though they pushed the deadline back, they still had the interviews for the original date that they listed on the website or did they push the interviews back while you were applying last cycle?
They're very good at giving timelines. I don't think interviews were pushed back because they would've probably changed it on the website.

Last edited:
They're very good at giving timelines. I don't think interviews were be pushed back because they would've probably changed it on the website.
Do you think that there is an advantage to getting the earlier interview dates in April in comparison to the later May dates?

Do you think that there is an advantage to getting the earlier interview dates in April in comparison to the later May dates?
Not at all. Just do your part of killing your interview. Majority of the hard work has been done once you get an interview. They clearly see something they like about you, it's now just putting a face to the app.

Last edited:
Not at all. Just do your part of killing your interview. Majority of the hard work is done once you get an interview. They clearly see something they like about you, it's now just putting a face to the app.
Got it. Thank you!

They're very good at giving timelines. I don't think interviews were pushed back because they would've probably changed it on the website.
Do you know if they let you request a different interview date if you absolutely can’t make the one they gave you?

Not sure, but I would just suggest trying to make the one they give you.
Do you also know around what time they contact people or it could be at any time. Not sure when to expect to hear back.

Any tips for the interview? How long should i expect to be interviewed each day? Is it just faculty or are there other students interviewing as well? What sort of questions do they ask apart from regular medical school interviews?

Thanks in advance

Any tips for the interview? How long should i expect to be interviewed each day? Is it just faculty or are there other students interviewing as well? What sort of questions do they ask apart from regular medical school interviews?

Thanks in advance
In my cohort, we were given an interview day itinerary, which showed the times of our interviews. Day one consisted of an hour-long orientation with Dean Taylor, then based on your itinerary, you knew when to log into for your interview. I believe both of my interviews lasted less than an hour a piece. We were interviewed by past GEMS, so practicing physicians and current medical students. I was interviewed by a neurosurgeon and an M4, who had recently matched into pediatrics. Please please please review the mission of Georgetown, you should know some stuff about the school you're applying to. Day two was a group exercise, not sure how they'll do it this year but be ready to work with your potential classmates. It was definitely more relaxed than I expected.

As far as questions (just a few examples)
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why medicine, GEMS, Georgetown?
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. Resume (work history, volunteering history, shadowing, etc)
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses? (also how would your friends describe you?)
6. Also know about the DC population demographic
7. It would not hurt to know about some current events (possibly a question about COVID)

Reactions: 7 users
In my cohort, we were given an interview day itinerary, which showed the times of our interviews. Day one consisted of an hour-long orientation with Dean Taylor, then based on your itinerary, you knew when to log into for your interview. I believe both of my interviews lasted less than an hour a piece. We were interviewed by past GEMS, so practicing physicians and current medical students. I was interviewed by a neurosurgeon and an M4, who had recently matched into pediatrics. Please please please review the mission of Georgetown, you should know some stuff about the school you're applying to. Day two was a group exercise, not sure how they'll do it this year but be ready to work with your potential classmates. It was definitely more relaxed than I expected.

As far as questions (just a few examples)
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why medicine, GEMS, Georgetown?
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. Resume (work history, volunteering history, shadowing, etc)
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses? (also how would your friends describe you?)
6. Also know about the DC population demographic
7. It would not hurt to know about some current events (possibly a question about COVID)
This is super helpful. Thanks so much for all of your help in this thread!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone recieved an interview invite? First interview dates are next week and I am curious to see if people have received invitations

Haven’t heard back yet. Curious to know if anyone has heard back as well.

Thanks in advance
Did they get back to you? If so when were you complete? Thank you in advance

Haven’t heard anything yet either

Did they get back to you? If so when were you complete? Thank you in advance

I haven't gotten an invite either, I just wanted to know how to prepare. Idk if i should feel nervous about it being so close to interview day, but at least we're all in the same boat!