You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Georgetown GEMS 2021-2022
Started by dr.success
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Both are checked off on mineQuestion did anybody get their application approval checked off yet or the AMCAS checked off yet?
@dr.305 havent heard back yet. Also on your status, does it say under review or just complete. Mine just says complete and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to say more.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine is the same. It only says completed@dr.305 havent heard back yet. Also on your status, does it say under review or just complete. Mine just says complete and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to say more.
Does it have a date listed where it says complete?Mine is the same. It only says completed
Yes it does have the date it was marked complete.Does it have a date listed where it says complete?
D
deleted1084408
So are April interviews on the 19th and 20th still happening since they decided to push the application deadline to April 12th?
@SBarbie18 They haven't mentioned anything about pushing the interview dates back so I think so.
I meant for the application completed portion would it have a date on that protion?Yes it does have the date it was marked complete.
Oh yeah. Mine doesn't have a date next to that.I meant for the application completed portion would it have a date on that protion?
Same here ,yes good luck to you too!View attachment 334206My application is complete and this is what my status page looks like. I haven't heard anything about interviews yet. Good luck and stay hopeful everyone!
Mine looks the same. And haven't heard back about interviews yet either. Good luck to us! Staying hopeful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1084408
also wanna wish everyone good luck! Hope we all get some good news soon! 🙂
Anyone heard anything today
Nope !Anyone heard anything today
Is anyone doing any interview prep while waiting, or just gonna wait to get the call first. Cause now my worry is not having enough time to prep before interviewing.
Yes because at this point it’s best to be prepared regardless of the outcome since it can literally be next week.Is anyone doing any interview prep while waiting, or just gonna wait to get the call first. Cause now my worry is not having enough time to prep before interviewing.
My thoughts exactlyYes because at this point it’s best to be prepared regardless of the outcome since it can literally be next week.
I would def suggest to start prepping for interviews. There was quick turnaround time for me last year. Trust me the interview is very relaxed. Take it seriously but still show some personality. Good luck y'all! Hope you hear good news!
Also sorry I've been ghost. Been taking a lot exams recently lol.
Also sorry I've been ghost. Been taking a lot exams recently lol.
Last edited:
So even though they pushed the deadline back, they still had the interviews for the original date that they listed on the website or did they push the interviews back while you were applying last cycle?I would def suggest to start prepping for interviews. There was quick turnaround time for me last year. Trust me the interview is very relaxed. Take it seriously but still show some personality. Good luck y'all! Hope you hear good news!
Also sorry I've been ghost. Been taking a lot exams lol recently.
They're very good at giving timelines. I don't think interviews were pushed back because they would've probably changed it on the website.So even though they pushed the deadline back, they still had the interviews for the original date that they listed on the website or did they push the interviews back while you were applying last cycle?
Last edited:
Do you think that there is an advantage to getting the earlier interview dates in April in comparison to the later May dates?They're very good at giving timelines. I don't think interviews were be pushed back because they would've probably changed it on the website.
Not at all. Just do your part of killing your interview. Majority of the hard work has been done once you get an interview. They clearly see something they like about you, it's now just putting a face to the app.Do you think that there is an advantage to getting the earlier interview dates in April in comparison to the later May dates?
Last edited:
Got it. Thank you!Not at all. Just do your part of killing your interview. Majority of the hard work is done once you get an interview. They clearly see something they like about you, it's now just putting a face to the app.
Do you know if they let you request a different interview date if you absolutely can’t make the one they gave you?They're very good at giving timelines. I don't think interviews were pushed back because they would've probably changed it on the website.
Not sure, but I would just suggest trying to make the one they give you.Do you know if they let you request a different interview date if you absolutely can’t make the one they gave you?
Do you also know around what time they contact people or it could be at any time. Not sure when to expect to hear back.Not sure, but I would just suggest trying to make the one they give you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my cohort, we were given an interview day itinerary, which showed the times of our interviews. Day one consisted of an hour-long orientation with Dean Taylor, then based on your itinerary, you knew when to log into for your interview. I believe both of my interviews lasted less than an hour a piece. We were interviewed by past GEMS, so practicing physicians and current medical students. I was interviewed by a neurosurgeon and an M4, who had recently matched into pediatrics. Please please please review the mission of Georgetown, you should know some stuff about the school you're applying to. Day two was a group exercise, not sure how they'll do it this year but be ready to work with your potential classmates. It was definitely more relaxed than I expected.Any tips for the interview? How long should i expect to be interviewed each day? Is it just faculty or are there other students interviewing as well? What sort of questions do they ask apart from regular medical school interviews?
Thanks in advance
As far as questions (just a few examples)
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why medicine, GEMS, Georgetown?
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. Resume (work history, volunteering history, shadowing, etc)
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses? (also how would your friends describe you?)
6. Also know about the DC population demographic
7. It would not hurt to know about some current events (possibly a question about COVID)
D
deleted1084408
This is super helpful. Thanks so much for all of your help in this thread!In my cohort, we were given an interview day itinerary, which showed the times of our interviews. Day one consisted of an hour-long orientation with Dean Taylor, then based on your itinerary, you knew when to log into for your interview. I believe both of my interviews lasted less than an hour a piece. We were interviewed by past GEMS, so practicing physicians and current medical students. I was interviewed by a neurosurgeon and an M4, who had recently matched into pediatrics. Please please please review the mission of Georgetown, you should know some stuff about the school you're applying to. Day two was a group exercise, not sure how they'll do it this year but be ready to work with your potential classmates. It was definitely more relaxed than I expected.
As far as questions (just a few examples)
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why medicine, GEMS, Georgetown?
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. Resume (work history, volunteering history, shadowing, etc)
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses? (also how would your friends describe you?)
6. Also know about the DC population demographic
7. It would not hurt to know about some current events (possibly a question about COVID)
no problem, I've enjoyed this!This is super helpful. Thanks so much for all of your help in this thread!
Haven’t heard back yet. Curious to know if anyone has heard back as well.
D
deleted1084408
i haven't heard anything back yet either.
Did they get back to you? If so when were you complete? Thank you in advanceAny tips for the interview? How long should i expect to be interviewed each day? Is it just faculty or are there other students interviewing as well? What sort of questions do they ask apart from regular medical school interviews?
Thanks in advance
Did they get back to you? If so when were you complete? Thank you in advance
I haven't gotten an invite either, I just wanted to know how to prepare. Idk if i should feel nervous about it being so close to interview day, but at least we're all in the same boat!
The first interview is in 3 days and still no one has heard anything!? Lol
Maybe people that are not on SDN have heard back lolThe first interview is in 3 days and still no one has heard anything!? Lol
That’s what I was thinking lol but usually at least a few people on the thread hear back. I’ve never seen no one on the thread not receive any interview lolMaybe people that are not on SDN have heard back lol
Yeah I was thinking that as well lol. This is just strange.That’s what I was thinking lol but usually at least a few people on the thread hear back. I’ve never seen no one on the thread not receive any interview lol
D
deleted1084408
i guess if there were any day for us to hear back, it would have to be today right? i doubt they would contact people on the weekend.Yeah I was thinking that as well lol. This is just strange.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's what I am hopingi guess if there were any day for us to hear back, it would have to be today right? i doubt they would contact people on the weekend.
@drlife97 Ah congrats. Through email or call?
@drlife97 and when were you complete and stats if you don't mind me asking
Email!@drlife97 Ah congrats. Through email or call?