You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Georgetown GEMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! I applied-- have you heard anything from them yet?
D
deleted1126795
Not yet !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same...first set of interviews this upcoming Monday so I'm getting a wee bit nervous
D
deleted1126795
Youre not the only one. I was telling another applicant one of my professors completely disregarded instructions when submitting my recommendation. Im not holding my breath on this one. Your girl is straight up tired.
D
deleted1126795
Got an email with some updates. First interview dates for selected will be the 25th-26th. Fingers crossed !
Yeah same-- good luck!!
I feel you on the tiredness though, first AMCAS and now this...I need a long nap...or vacation....or both
medicalmonique22
New Member
Hey yall! has anyone received an invite to interview yet?
D
deleted1126795
No, its been radio silence for me
medicalmonique22
New Member
How about now? I am so anxious
medicalmonique22
New Member
I saw last year they didn’t get invites until 3 days before the interview
D
deleted1126795
I received an interview invite last night. I was literally shaking. I couldn't believe it.
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1126795
No, not yet. I need to get on that ASAP. I wonder what their fafsa code is. I need to dig around and find out.
People who have gotten interviews, what day were you complete if you don't mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicalmonique22
New Member
Mine was complete 4/7 but haven’t received an interview invite yet
D
deleted1126795
oh damn. I feel like school aint even started and im already behind. smhOk same, looking at the website it says we needed to have it done by March 1st….🥴.
D
deleted1126795
1/31/2022People who have gotten interviews, what day were you complete if you don't mind me asking?
D
deleted1126795
Your interview is coming. Stay uplifted.Mine was complete 4/7 but haven’t received an interview invite yet
I was complete 4/4, I thought all interviews were given out all on the same day? So if we haven't gotten one we're out of the running? 🙁
D
deleted1126795
Not at all, I was looking at a few threads from previous years and I think that interviews were given out randomly.I was complete 4/4, I thought all interviews were given out all on the same day? So if we haven't gotten one we're out of the running? 🙁
medicalmonique22
New Member
I wouldn’t count ourselves just yet, it says they extend the invites until 4/25.I was complete 4/4, I thought all interviews were given out all on the same day? So if we haven't gotten one we're out of the running? 🙁
Hi congrats on your interview! When were you complete and when did they contact you?
has anyone received their interview itinerary yet? they said we'd get them by 5 pm today and I still haven't heard back
D
deleted1126795
Same, I emailed and asked. I haven't received one yet !!
Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out to us!Hey y'all! i'm a 1st-year medical student who did GEMS last year.
if you have any questions about the program, let me know!
good luck yall!
How was your experience in the program? Did you feel well prepared to transition to med school?
If you wouldn't mind answering, how many of you ended up continuing into Georgetown Med?
GEMS is a good program for anyone who struggles with learning and studying effectively. That said, I really got to learn about myself, my strengths, weaknesses and what works/what doesn't. and I think I had to figure this out fast because the nature of the program is pretty intense and you feel like you're at the edge all the time. There isn't that many postbacc programs like this where the faculty is very involved in your learning (for example, other programs typically just throws lectures and exams at you). so i felt that their close surveillance and observation played a huge part in navigating through rigorous medical school curriculum. so when i started med school, I had already figured out how I absorb lecture concepts/material best so it didn't really take long time of soul searching to find the best learning method for me--which is what most traditional med students struggle with when they start school.Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out to us!
How was your experience in the program? Did you feel well prepared to transition to med school?
If you wouldn't mind answering, how many of you ended up continuing into Georgetown Med?
12 students including myself made it and there are other people who got into different MD schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anonymous_med
Full Member
Still haven’t received mine either. Anyone who interviewed last Monday, when did they end up sending the itineraries?Hi! Has anyone who is interviewing on Monday received their itinerary yet? Just making sure it wasn't a mistake on my end or something
Anonymous_med
Full Member
Emailed them this morning and just got it. Hope yours came thru as well. Good luck everyone interviewing this Monday!Hi! Has anyone who is interviewing on Monday received their itinerary yet? Just making sure it wasn't a mistake on my end or something
Has anyone heard back from the program at all???
doctor_loading
New Member
No, not yet. Still waiting unfortunatelyHas anyone heard back from the program at all???
omg same i don't know at what point i should stop!I have not stopped refreshing my email all day!
Anonymous_med
Full Member
Just got accepted!!!!!!
Accepted!
Anonymous_med
Full Member
group me or a Facebook group?
Anyone want to start like a group chat?
Anonymous_med
Full Member
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Idk if this thread is still active but as a GEMS student how are you able to financially support yourself? My family is low income and I’m first gen so they really won’t understand why I’m not paying for a degree :/ Also it seems like an intensive enough program that you can’t work full time. I’m thinking about applying for this next yr but I’m not sure if it’s worth it for the $
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Yoon, I have more questions about your experience. Would you be willing to answer them please. Thank you!GEMS is a good program for anyone who struggles with learning and studying effectively. That said, I really got to learn about myself, my strengths, weaknesses and what works/what doesn't. and I think I had to figure this out fast because the nature of the program is pretty intense and you feel like you're at the edge all the time. There isn't that many postbacc programs like this where the faculty is very involved in your learning (for example, other programs typically just throws lectures and exams at you). so i felt that their close surveillance and observation played a huge part in navigating through rigorous medical school curriculum. so when i started med school, I had already figured out how I absorb lecture concepts/material best so it didn't really take long time of soul searching to find the best learning method for me--which is what most traditional med students struggle with when they start school.
12 students including myself made it and there are other people who got into different MD schools.
doctorbae18
New Member
Hi Everyone! I have a few questions if anyone is able to answer? What interview questions did they ask you? I have my interview next week and want to be prepared!