GI fellowship applications for 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
offer from USC - via phone

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection from University of Kansas via email.:(

Has anyone heard from north shore/ lij or lenox hill in new york yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview from a program. However, they also sent me a generic contract and salary info. Is this unusual or has this happened to others?

For GIJANE1: May be they liked you so much that they are putting everything on the table for you or the PD may even fly in to interview you. My friend if this was happening to me I would just sign the contract (though generic) and return it via overnight express mail with insurance, certification with a request for return receipt included. Just kidding:)
Most likely the program is very organized and wants you to have all the info before you arrive there for interview.

For the rest of the group I was very happy to save $50 by not applying to case western and Uni. of kansas.

congratulations to the rest who are still sweeping out all the remaining interviews.:thumbup:

hey everyone...hope all is well...i got my 2nd interview after 16 rejections. lol...anyways, just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about good samaritan in phoenix? btw, anyone goin to rochester this weekend?? just curious, cuz i'll see you there :)

Got an interview at Rush today. It's good to finally hear from one of the Chicago programs.

Just joined sdn site. In Boston. R3.
Interviews upcoming at UMDNJ, dartmouth, albany, UVM, UMass, Lahey.

Anyone heard from tufts-NEMC? BIDMC? Any recent BU notifications or are they all out?

Much obliged.

Just joined sdn site. In Boston. R3.
Interviews upcoming at UMDNJ, dartmouth, albany, UVM, UMass, Lahey.

Anyone heard from tufts-NEMC? BIDMC? Any recent BU notifications or are they all out?

Much obliged.

Still waiting to hear from BIDMC (interview upcoming with B&W). Hoping that all BU notifications are not out yet but not sure, haven't heard of any offers recently.

HI RGTI, Can you let us know which UMDNJ was that? Newark, New Brunswick or Camden?

hey everyone...hope all is well...i got my 2nd interview after 16 rejections. lol...anyways, just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about good samaritan in phoenix? btw, anyone goin to rochester this weekend?? just curious, cuz i'll see you there :)

Interviewed there last year- a community program in nature, most of their fellows go into private practice. Generally a very busy program, but the good thing is that they will give you lots of ERCP exposure even during fellowship.
One of the female attendings did not even seem to be interested in the interviews, but the others were nice...And phoenix is a nice place to live....Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Newark, not heard from the other two yet.

thanks www...was wondering if you interviewed/heard about the program at rochester?? couldn't find anything from the previous years...

Did anyone hear from this program yet. It is Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Drexel Univ Hosp in Philadelphia.

reject from u of Kansas via email. Has anyone heard from other Chicago programs other than Rush. ie NW, Loyola, Lutheren General?

reject from u of Kansas via email. Has anyone heard from other Chicago programs other than Rush. ie NW, Loyola, Lutheren General?

Uni of Chicago and NW responded. I saw Rush today but Loyola, Cook county and Lutheran are all silent.

BTW, did any one applied to John Hopkins Bayview program. I was checking ADTS today and noted that haven't downloaded my application yet. I don't know what that means.

From what I head Bayview has sent some interviews...I would make sure they did not mistakenly skip over the application.
...I don't know about all of you, but June 18th feels like a long time from now...I have been fortunate to get interviews at the places I wanted, but still, some of the numbers, ratios of applicants interviewed to number of spots seem a bit rough...

reject from u of oregon via electronic mail. Another one bites the dust:confused:

thanks www...was wondering if you interviewed/heard about the program at rochester?? couldn't find anything from the previous years...

Rejection from Rochester...

Rejections from Univ. of Vermont, Lankenau Hospital, and Memorial Sloan Kettering after I e-mailed them asking about the status of my application.:wow:

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. Much of the info below may be redundant, so I apologize. I am an R3 AMG at a University Program. I will be a chief at my program next year...

Interviews From:

UCSD
UCSF
Oregon
Colorado
Northwestern
Rush
Pitt
MGH
Brigham
Yale
BU
Columbia
NYU
Sloan-Kettering
Hopkins

Rejection:
U Chicago

Waiting to Hear (anyone hear rejections?)...
Einstein
Wash U
Univ of Wash
Penn
Cornell
15 other programs on both coasts

I have a question for the group...Is it helpful to email programs at this point that you have not heard from? Do you think it helps or hurts your chances?

1. MGH--also sent rejections
2. Penn
3. Yale
4. Duke—also sent rejections
5. Baylor (Houston)--also sent rejections
6. UT Houston--also sent rejections
7. Univ of Florida (Gainsville)--also sent rejections
8. South Florida
9. UVA
10. Indiana
11. NYU
12. BU
13. Louisville
14. Scott and White
15. Vanderbilt--also sent rejections
16. Ohio State
17. South Alabama
18. UCI
19. Aurora Sinai--also sent rejections
20. UCSF--rejections by snail mail
21. Georgetown
22. Emory
23. Wake Forest--also sent rejections
24. LSU
25. Iowa--also sent rejctions
26. University of Missouri-Columbia
27. Johns Hopkins
28. Univ of Michigan
29. NY Med
30. Emory
31. Brown
32. UTMB Galveston
33. William Beaumont
34. Mayo-Jacksonville--also sent rejections
35. SUNY downstate
36. St. Louis Univ
37. Univ of Chicago--also sent rejections
38. Univ of Colorado--also sent rejections
39. MSK
40. Univ of Pittsburgh
41. Univ of Utah--also sent rejections
42. Allegeny in Pittsburg--also sent rejections
43. Univ of Rochester
44. Ochsner Medical
45. Cornell
46. Columbia
47. Univ of KY--also sent rejections
48. Cleaveland Clinic
49. BIDMC
50. Med Coll Wisconsin
51. Mayo Rochester--also sent rejections
52. Univ of Kansas—also sent rejections
53. Case Western—also sent rejections
54. Wash Univ/Barnes-Jewish, St. Louis
55. Med College of Georgia
56. UMDNJ, Newark
57. Univ Louisville
58. Brigham and Womens--also sent rejections
59. UT San Antonio--also sent rejections
60. UCSF--also sent rejections
61. Univ of West Virginia (paper application)
62. Mayo, AZ--also sent rejections
63. Dartmouth
64. Mt. Sinai, NY--also sent rejections
65. UCSD--also sent rejections
66. Univ Chicago--also sent rejections
67. UMass
68. Univ Maryland
69. Yale, Bridgeport--by snail mail
70. Univ Rochester--also sent rejections
71. Univ TN (outside match)
72. Univ Washington, Seattle--also sent rejections
73. Univ Alabama
74. Univ New Mexico
75. St. Luke'e Roosevelt, NY (phone call)
76. MUSC
77. UTSW
78. Henry Ford—also sent rejections

79. Albany, NY –also sent rejections
80. Northwestern
81. USC via phone
82. Banner Good Samaritan
83. RUSH
84. Lahey
85. Vermont
86. Oregon
87. ?Bayview
88. Lankenau—also sent rejections

More than half the programs responded, unless some of you know of more interview offers, please post in order to help out your fellow colleagues! Thanks

anyone hear from Loyola in Chicago?

89. Cal-Pacific
90. Kaiser-LA

e-mail rejectin from Oregon Health Sciences University.

Did anyone received an interview from Henry Ford or Wayne State? It seems like everyone got a rejection. They might be selecting all their own canidates.

Goodluck.

Do you guys think that it is possible to have more interviews since now? Is it end of time for sending out invitation? I know UMDNJ sent email to every one yesterday to tell us that they were just starting reviewing.

Do you guys think that it is possible to have more interviews since now? Is it end of time for sending out invitation? I know UMDNJ sent email to every one yesterday to tell us that they were just starting reviewing.

I feel like it is close towards the end. 90 out of 130+ has responded in some manner. Hard to know what the non responders are doing.

I feel like it is close towards the end. 90 out of 130+ has responded in some manner. Hard to know what the non responders are doing.

I actually think there might be more than 90 programs that responded, but applicants are not posting, just viewing this site and don't want to register for a fear of having their identity exposed. We all know this is a site to help others, and I encourage applicants viewing this forum to register and post where they have heard from (either rejection or offer), or even if they know that their colleague received an invite/rejection. Everything here is confidential in respect to your identity, just remember, when you register, make up a name that isn't your actuall name.:D

Thanks

E-mail rejection from Drexel/ Hahnemann

Has anyone heard from this program, and/or does anyone know anything about it (fellows happy, strong training, etc)? Thanks.

Drexel rejection and West Virginia (out of Match and non ERAS application) also sent a rejection letter.

Hey all...been awhile since I have posted. But, here is a list so far, so at leats if you HAVEN'T gotten a rejection from one of these places listed below, you know you are still in consideration:

REJECTION LIST:
Mayo-Scottsdale
Georgetown
JAckson Memorial
MAYO-Jacksonville
U of Iowa
U of Kansas
U of Kentucky
U of Louisville
Henry Ford
Beaumont
U of Missouri
U of New Mexico
Alleghany
Drexel
Albert Einstein-PA
UT-Houston
U of Vermont
U of Wisc
Aurora

Still working on interviews though!

I think I can...I think I can...

BTW...Have you guys heard from the Philly and NYC Programs, such as:

PHILLY:
Temple
Lenkenau
Jefferson
Geisinger -- do they only take their own?
Penn State

NYC:
***Colleague with interview @ SUNY-Downstate and NYMC-Westchester
LICH
NYH-Queens
Winthrop
Maimonides
Harlem
Lenox Hill
NY-Methodist
SLR
SUNY-Upstate
North Shore

JERSEY:
NJMS
RWJ-stated JUST started reviewing apps
Camden

CHICAGO:
Cook County
U of Illinois
Advocate Lutheran

I was hurt again today by UNC. After I called them, I was told that they already sent out all interviews.:eek:

My ex girlfriend's boyfriend just got an interview call from Loyola.

Metrohealth rejection today

Rejection via email from Case Western Metrohealth.

Reject via email from U of Mississippi. This is do depressing:scared:

E-mailed Rejection from Metrohealth, too.

Got another rejection today....

Email from Oregon (actually was waiting for that one as I saw others who got it from them a couple of days ago...was just my time on the email slot)

And the list gets smaller and smaller....slowly....1 by 1....

BTW...any ideas on how many interviews one should feel relatively "safe" with....I heard 7 from another thread...any suggestions/inputs/ideas/thoughts

Can a program selectively download applications? I thought I saw some folks who have got interviews from Johns Hopkins Bayview. I have been checking my ADTS and keep getting " Available but not yet retreived " Thoughts anyone?? The only positive is that they can't have the pleasure of sending me a reject mail if they have not downloaded my application or is not downloading itself considered rejection?

Hey all,
any imput on the Henry Ford program?

Can a program selectively download applications? I thought I saw some folks who have got interviews from Johns Hopkins Bayview. I have been checking my ADTS and keep getting " Available but not yet retreived " Thoughts anyone?? The only positive is that they can't have the pleasure of sending me a reject mail if they have not downloaded my
application or is not downloading itself considered rejection?

Same situation here. I tried calling Hopkins bay view program and sent an email to make sure sure it wasn't mistakenly omitted. I did not get any response so far. This is really ridiculous. My guess is if I somehow get hold of them and ask them about this, my application would be downloaded and go directly into the trash can:). If programs are not interested, they could have done their fellow recruitment outside ERAS and Match without wasting our money. I hope I could report this to some kind of governing body.

Same here GIDR, i also still have my application awaiting download and have not been able to get in touch with Bayview. i really wish i know whats going on!!!!