Good conferences that accept med student abstracts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bceagle411

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was having a tough time finding conferences in the northeast that accept med student abstracts. Most of the info I can find is on national conferences, having issues finding the regional ones. Anyone have any thoughts or links to where I should be looking?
 
One of my students presented at SAEM West last year. I think the other regional SAEM meetings also accept medical student abstracts. Submission for the New England meeting are closed though.

What's your timeline in terms of when you would want to present? And what's the topic of your research? Perhaps if you share more details we might be able to suggest an appropriate conference to submit it to. Also, does it have to be a regional conference (if so, why?), or can it be a national conference taking place in the northeast?

CORD is in New York in 2020 for example. Might be a good venue if your topic is related to education.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my students presented at SAEM West last year. I think the other regional SAEM meetings also accept medical student abstracts. Submission for the New England meeting are closed though.

What's your timeline in terms of when you would want to present? And what's the topic of your research? Perhaps if you share more details we might be able to suggest an appropriate conference to submit it to. Also, does it have to be a regional conference (if so, why?), or can it be a national conference taking place in the northeast?

CORD is in New York in 2020 for example. Might be a good venue if your topic is related to education.

sorry i dont check this account much. It is more ICU/critical care research on pneumonia
 
I had success presenting at AAEM and AMSA but those are national spring conferences. Not sure when you’re trying to present or what region but I would get with a faculty member. My PI was constantly looking up regional conferences for us and received a lot of email alerts with that information.
 
One of my students presented at SAEM West last year. I think the other regional SAEM meetings also accept medical student abstracts. Submission for the New England meeting are closed though.

What's your timeline in terms of when you would want to present? And what's the topic of your research? Perhaps if you share more details we might be able to suggest an appropriate conference to submit it to. Also, does it have to be a regional conference (if so, why?), or can it be a national conference taking place in the northeast?

CORD is in New York in 2020 for example. Might be a good venue if your topic is related to education.

I was able to present my M2 year at the SAEM Midwest conference so SAEM is definitely worth looking into. I believe that conference was in September