Good Enough DAT Scores With High GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daein13threat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently took my DAT for the first time and also applied to dental school for the first time this summer. Do my scores listed below look good alongside a strong overall and science GPA (3.76 overall and 3.76 science)?

PA-21
QR-19
RC-20
BIO-20
GC-19
OC-17
TS-18
AA-19

The organic and total science scores are my main concerns, but I've heard no section below 17 with an AA of 19 or better is good. Also, I made As in my undergraduate organic classes with a B in one lab through hard studying, but it still has always been a more difficult subject for me for some reason. What do you guys think of the scores for this application cycle? Should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's worth applying! I wouldn't retake unless I didn't get any interview this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I recently took my DAT for the first time and also applied to dental school for the first time this summer. Do my scores listed below look good alongside a strong overall and science GPA (3.76 overall and 3.76 science)?

PA-21
QR-19
RC-20
BIO-20
GC-19
OC-17
TS-18
AA-19

The organic and total science scores are my main concerns, but I've heard no section below 17 with an AA of 19 or better is good. Also, I made As in my undergraduate organic classes with a B in one lab through hard studying, but it still has always been a more difficult subject for me for some reason. What do you guys think of the scores for this application cycle? Should I retake?

I have very similar scores and I've gotten two interviews so far out of the 6 schools I applied to and thats out of 3 that has sent invitations out. The last 3 havent started yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have very similar scores and I've gotten two interviews so far out of the 6 schools I applied to and thats out of 3 that has sent invitations out. The last 3 havent started yet.
That's good to hear! Do you mind me asking which schools you applied to? I've applied to 12 and so far it has been waiting and more waiting....haha.

I got a 23 AA, lowest score 22 and I'm still waiting on 3/4 of my schools. Don't be discouraged by the waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, man. But seriously - don't get riled up by the numbers you see on this board or the timeline. Plenty of people get in with 19 AA.