GPA calculations for AP credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ada.v

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not need to fill any med school requirements with my AP classes. However, my school placed my AP classes on my transcript with grades of CR based on a credit/no credit grading system. Does this mean that they will be calculated into my med school gpa as Cs like they do with all credit/pass grades? Or is it a different policy for how the AP grades are included?

Members don't see this ad.

I do not need to fill any med school requirements with my AP classes. However, my school placed my AP classes on my transcript with grades of CR based on a credit/no credit grading system. Does this mean that they will be calculated into my med school gpa as Cs like they do with all credit/pass grades? Or is it a different policy for how the AP grades are included?

They're just listed for credit with no grade. You won't get a C for getting AP credit, that's absurd. (Unless your UG puts it on a transcript like that...)
I had 4 credits awarded for AP Calc and it just put towards my total number of credits and didn't count toward GPA