GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University:UPITT
Major: psychology
Cum gpa : 3.3 - ptcas 3.2 (upward trend)
Prereq GPA : ~3.2-3.45 with retakes
Gre: 158V 152Q 4.5W

Extra curric: sorority for 3 years with leadership position, lots of volunteering for st Jude/children’s miracle network and pitt make a difference day, yoga club, Rehab science club,microbiology technician

Observation hours: 1000+ inpatient (rehab tech currently) 55 outpatient volunteer in 3 settings (sports med, pediatrics, geriatrics)

LOR: 2 PTs 2 academic

I’m applying this upcoming cycle and wondering if anyone has insight into where to apply/ if I have a good chance of acceptance Also if anyone has insight into whether or not early decision would be a smart move versus applying regular admission to a variety of programs....I’ve seen lots of mixed results on this forum so it’s hard to tell whether or not I would be considered relatively competitive!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
FIRST TIME POSTING:

Undergrad
: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise / Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science/Math GPA: 3.46
GRE Scores: Q156 V152 AW4.0
Hours: 186 outpatient (volunteer), 40 inpatient (volunteer)
Additional: Dean's Honor List, pre-PT club, leadership in pre-health honor society and Japanese Cultural Association, layout designer for school art magazine, member of the marching band for two years, work at the Writing Center
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 research professor

Applying to: GW, Shenandoah, Radford, UMD-Baltimore, Drexel, VCU, Pittsburgh

Acceptances: GW, Shenandoah, Radford, Drexel, VCU, Pittsburgh

Waitlist: UMD-Baltimore

Rejections: None

Interviews: GW, Shenandoah, Radford, UMD-Baltimore, Drexel

Attending: Either GW or Drexel! (still making the decision, if you have any advice, let me know!)

Reactions: 1 users
FIRST TIME POSTING:

Undergrad
Additional: Dean's Honor List, pre-PT club, leadership in pre-health honor society and Japanese Cultural Association, layout designer for school art magazine, member of the marching band for two years, work at the Writing Center

Attending: Either GW or Drexel! (still making the decision, if you have any advice, let me know!)

So, you turned down VCU and Shenandoah? So lucky! Curious why you didn't go with either of those schools? Congrats to your success and how long do you have until you need to make a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, you turned down VCU and Shenandoah? So lucky! Curious why you didn't go with either of those schools? Congrats to your success and how long do you have until you need to make a decision?
I just didn't feel the vibe there. They were great schools but I could see myself at GW/Drexel! Even though they are the cheaper options, I don't want to go there and feel like I don't fit.

Thank you!

Acceptance and Interview Updates!

University:
Wake Forest University
Major: Health and Exercise Science (with Psychology minor)
Overall GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.50 depending on the program
GRE: 155V 156Q 5.0AW

Extra-Curricular:
varsity cheerleader (freshman and sophomore year), tour guide all four years, student athlete tutor, annual committee member for dance marathon for cancer research, various leadership positions within sorority, worked as a PT tech over the summer

Honors: HES Honors student (includes being a research assistant for a clinical research study and writing an honors thesis), Dean's List 3 out of the past 6 semesters with 2 being both semesters of Junior year

Observation: 260 hours (190 outpatient orthopedics, 70 SNF/Extended-care facility)

Letters of Recommendation:
HES professor/academic advisor/HES Honors advisor, HES professor/HES Honors advisor, PT (from outpatient orthopedics), PTA (from outpatient orthopedics)

Applied to:
VCU, Radford, ODU, Lynchburg, Duke, Elon, High Point, USC, MUSC, Belmont, Emory

Accepted: High Point (11/15), Radford (11/21), ODU (1/30)
Waitlisted: MUSC (12/12)
Rejected: N/A
Interviews: High Point (10/27), Radford (11/17), Emory (1/12), Belmont (2/16), Elon (3/2)

ACCEPTANCE UPDATE!

University:
Rutgers University-Newark
Major: Journalism & Media Studies
Overall GPA: 3.64
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 1st attempt: 155V 149Q 3.5AW 2nd attempt: 151V 154Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Rutgers radio station, Rutgers student newspaper, Journalism internships, volunteered for a multiple sclerosis bike event and job at a warehouse for the last 3 years.

Honors:
Dean's List multiple times, Graduated Cum Laude.

Observation: 205 hours (147 outpatient orthopedics, 58 SNF/Extended-care facility)

2 PT's (one from the ortho facility, one from the SNF/Extended-care facility), Biology Professor, My manager from my current job.

Applying to:
Rutgers North, Seton Hall, University of Scranton, UCF, URI, NYIT, Stockton University, Stony Brook University, Marist

Acceptances: URI (1/9/18) Rutgers North (1/30/18) Stockton (1/31/18)

Wait Lists: N/A

Rejections: NYIT (12/5/17) UCF (1/18/18)

Interviews: Rutgers (12/6/17), URI (1/4/18), Stony Brook (1/19/18)

Attending: RUTGERS NORTH!!!!

Last edited:
FIRST TIME POSTING:

Undergrad

I'm going to GW!! I interviewed at Drexel and I am choosing to go to GW because I felt that the professors were overall much nicer and more approachable. The curriculum was also very attractive to me. I would consider what you want in a curriculum, the area you want to be in, and how much you are willing to pay. DC is more expensive to live in, but you should go with your gut instinct and what you felt when you visited both schools!

Reactions: 1 user
FIRST ACCEPTANCE!

University:
University California of Irvine
Major: Biological Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.1 - 3.45 (depending on school)
GRE: 154V 157Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Alpha Phi Omega, 4 Years Badminton Club

Honors: Dean's List (1 Quarter haha)

Observation: 127 SNF volunteer

2 Physical Therapist, Anatomy Professor
Applied to: Lynchburg, Azusa Pacific, Wheeling, Marymount, Hampton, West Coast, UNE, South College

Accepted: Wheeling (1/30)
Waitlisted:
Marymount (66th-88th on the waitlist; lowest tier)
Rejected: West Coast (Did not meet the 3.0 requirement, had 2.97), UNE (Still waiting but pretty sure I got rejected because I did not meet the 3.0 math/science GPA)
Interviews: Marymount (12/2), Wheeling (1/26)

I am literally crying tears of joy because my GPA is low and I did not have many observational hours or extracurricular as others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Update:
University: CUNY Brooklyn College

Major: Psychology

Cumulative GPA: 3.31 (PTCAS) 3.1 (Official Cumulative GPA)

Last 60 Credit GPA: 3.95

Pre-Req GPA: 3.81-3.95

GRE: Q - 150 V - 157 A.W. - 5.0

Observation Hours: 1000+ Outpatient orthopedic PT and 52 hours SNF

Extracurricular: Licensed EMT and First Aid, 2 national poster presentation publications, and proctor for ACS research symposium.

Applied: Mercy College, Stony Brook University, University of Delaware, Chatham University, SUNY Downstate, and University of Rhode Island

Interviews: Mercy College, Stony Brook University, Chatham University, URI (Declined Interview), and SUNY Downstate (Declined Interview)

Rejections/Waitlist: N/A

Acceptances: Stony Brook University, Mercy College, Chatham University

Attending: Stony Brook University!

ACCEPTANCE UPDATE!
University: Washington State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1 – 3.3 depending on the school (retook a class I got a D in and got an A so depends if they replace or average)
GRE: 153 V, 154 Q, 4.0 Writing

Hours: 716 Outpatient, 22 SNF
Work Experience: Current PT Aide, lots of prior customer service
Volunteer: SNF and some community service stuff throughout my undergrad
Extra: Pre-PT Club, Kinesiology Club, CPR/First Aid, President’s Honor Roll all semesters

Recommendation Letter
1. 2 PT’s
2. Biology Professor

Applications submitted & verified: 9/20 & 9/22

Applying: AT Still, Elon U, Franklin Pierce U (AZ), Indiana State U, Marymount U, Methodist U, Shenandoah U, South College, U of Mary, Wingate U, Plymouth State U, Gannon U Ruskin, Gannon U Erie, U of St Augustine (Austin TX)
Interviews: South College, Methodist U (12/2), Shenandoah University (12/15), Indiana State University (1/11), Gannon U Ruskin (1/14), University of Mary (2/16), University of St. Augustine Austin (4/15, declined)
Interview Waitlist: Elon University (12/18)
Alternate list: Shenandoah (12/18)
Waitlists: South College (10/16), Methodist U (12/15)
Rejections: Marymount U (11/10)
Acceptances: Methodist University (1/30), Indiana State University (2/14)

ATTENDING: Indiana State University!! :)

Last edited:
Acceptance and Interview Updates!

University:
Wake Forest University
Major: Health and Exercise Science (with Psychology minor)
Overall GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.50 depending on the program
GRE: 155V 156Q 5.0AW

Extra-Curricular:
varsity cheerleader (freshman and sophomore year), tour guide all four years, student athlete tutor, annual committee member for dance marathon for cancer research, various leadership positions within sorority, worked as a PT tech over the summer

Honors: HES Honors student (includes being a research assistant for a clinical research study and writing an honors thesis), Dean's List 3 out of the past 6 semesters with 2 being both semesters of Junior year

Observation: 260 hours (190 outpatient orthopedics, 70 SNF/Extended-care facility)

HES professor/academic advisor/HES Honors advisor, HES professor/HES Honors advisor, PT (from outpatient orthopedics), PTA (from outpatient orthopedics)

Applied to:
VCU, Radford, ODU, Lynchburg, Duke, Elon, High Point, USC, MUSC, Belmont, Emory

Accepted: High Point (11/15), Radford (11/21), ODU (1/30)
Waitlisted: MUSC (12/12)
Rejected: N/A
Interviews: High Point (10/27), Radford (11/17), Emory (1/12), Belmont (2/16), Elon (3/2)

Hi! I was wondering when you applied to ODU and how they let you know you were accepted (phone call, email, etc)? I applied there in October and am really hoping to hear from them soon!

Update:
University: CUNY Brooklyn College

Major: Psychology

Cumulative GPA: 3.31 (PTCAS) 3.1 (Official Cumulative GPA)

Last 60 Credit GPA: 3.95

Pre-Req GPA: 3.81-3.95

GRE: Q - 150 V - 157 A.W. - 5.0

Observation Hours: 1000+ Outpatient orthopedic PT and 52 hours SNF

Extracurricular: Licensed EMT and First Aid, 2 national poster presentation publications, and proctor for ACS research symposium.

Applied: Mercy College, Stony Brook University, University of Delaware, Chatham University, SUNY Downstate, and University of Rhode Island

Interviews: Mercy College, Stony Brook University, Chatham University, URI (Declined Interview), and SUNY Downstate (Declined Interview)

Rejections/Waitlist: N/A

Acceptances: Stony Brook University, Mercy College, Chatham University

Attending: Stony Brook University!
Congratulations on attending Stony Brook University. Just wanted to ask about the Mercy College interview. Was it in person or over the phone. And if you remember what they asked. Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering when you applied to ODU and how they let you know you were accepted (phone call, email, etc)? I applied there in October and am really hoping to hear from them soon!
Hey there! They received my application on October 2nd and I was notified first by email and then received a phone call 2 hours later! Best of luck, I'm hoping you hear good news soon!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on attending Stony Brook University. Just wanted to ask about the Mercy College interview. Was it in person or over the phone. And if you remember what they asked. Thanks!
The mercy interview is in person and it is a group interview, two faculty and three interviewees. There's usually 4 or 5 questions then a teamwork based question. They randomize the order for answering questions so you won't have to worry about not knowing what to say or always being first or last. I don't remember all of them but they were pretty standard interview questions. Why do you think you'd be successful at mercy? What are some struggles in the field of pt now? Why pt instead of another health care field? I don't remember the other two. My teamwork question was think of three strategies that will help you succeed in a dpt program. During the teamwork question the three of you interviewees will discuss the question and try to find good answers. During this portion it's important that you show good leadership skills, as well as the ability to follow. You want to let people finish talking but you also want to show you have input and what you say matters. That's all I really got, be yourself, be confident you got an interview, and you're gonna do great.

Major: Exercise Science, May 2015
Overall GPA: 3.10
Pre-Req GPA: 3.67-3.9
GRE: 155 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW

Observation Hours: 140 outpatient ortho, 34 inpatient acute and rehab hospital, 25 home health, 24 outpatient peds

Work/Extracurriculars/Awards: 1000+ hours as medical scribe for orthopedic surgeon, waitress for 4+ years, certified trainer at restaurant, 4 year DII XC and Indoor/Outdoor track athlete, captain for 3 years, conference all-academic honor roll x6, SAAC, National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic team leader, volunteer with outreach program at ortho office, President’s list x1, Dean’s list x2, intramurals, adult soccer league

Applying: CU Denver, Cincinnati, Rutgers South, U Indy, U of Minnesota, Northern Illinois University, Bradley, Montana, Rosalind Franklin, Washington University in St. Louis, Regis, Wisconsin - Madison

Interviews: Rutgers South (11/10), Northern Illinois (11/11), U Indy (11/17), Rosalind Franklin (11/18), Regis (1/29), Montana (2/3)

Acceptances: Northern Illinois (12/15), Rutgers South (12/22), Minnesota (1/29), U Indy (1/30)
Waitlist: Minnesota (11/21), U Indy (11/21), Bradley (12/4), Wash U (12/8), Rosalind Franklin (1/23)
Rejections: UW Madison (12/18), CU Denver (12/27)

Has anyone interviewed at Long Island University (LIU) in Brooklyn yet? I have my interview January 26th, but I don't really know much about it. I would like to know if it is individual or group, the day's schedule, etc.
I have my interview on 3/2. Can you provide any insight into the schedule?

School: Virginia Tech
Major:
Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise
Overall GPA: 3.81
Pre-Req GPA: 3.68
GRE: 149 V, 153 Q, 4.5 AW

Observation Hours: 50 inpatient (SNF and hospital), 110 outpatient ortho, 45 outpatient pediatrics

Work/Extracurriculars/Awards: pre-health fraternity, social sorority, student athletic trainer, volunteer at a summer school for children with special needs, hospice volunteer, teaching assistant, Dean's List every semester

Applying: UMD-Baltimore, Shenandoah, George Washington, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, ODU, Marymount

Interviews: UMD-Baltimore, Shenandoah, George Washington, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Marymount (declined the interview)

Acceptances: UMD-Baltimore, Shenandoah, George Washington, Drexel, ODU
Rejections:Thomas Jefferson
ATTENDING: Shenandoah!!!

Last edited:
***ACCEPTANCE UPDATE***

University:
VCU
Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
GRE: 150 Verbal, 158 Quant, 3.5 Writing
-Deans list for all but one semester
-Member of VCU Honor's College
-CPR/AED/First aid certified
-X ray certified

Observation Hours:
  • 8 hours of pediatrics outpatient
  • 12 hours of home health
  • 900+ hours from working as a PT tech
Extra-Curricular:
Crew club, running club

Employment:
Physical Therapy Technician (present), Organic Chemistry Supplemental Instruction Leader, Lifeguard at VCU gym, Lifeguard/Pool Manager at community pool, Genetics Lab Preceptor (received academic credit)

Letter of Recommendations:
2 from PT’s, 1 from professor (genetics lab)

Applied to:
VCU (ED--> deferred to regular decision), ODU, Radford, Mary Baldwin University/Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, Shenandoah University, Marymount University, Lynchburg College, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Scranton, Emory & Henry College

Interviews: MBU/MDCHS (10/27), Radford (11/17), Marymount University (declined), Shenandoah University (declined), Emory & Henry College (declined), Thomas Jefferson (declined)

Denied: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Accepted: MBU/MDCHS (11/2), Radford (11/21), ODU (12/18), Lynchburg College (1/9), VCU (1/31)

Attending: VCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

School: Brooklyn college
Major:
exercise science
Overall GPA: 3.72
Pre-Req GPA: 3.58
GRE: 149 V, 149 Q, 3.5 AW

Observation Hours: 100 inpatient ( hospital), 100 outpatient , 50 nursing home

Work/Extracurriculars/Awards: sub para with NYDOE , internship with NYPD, different college clubs, deans list

Letter of Recommendations:

1 from PT , 1 from Anatomy professor

Applying: Hunter college, SUNY downstate , LIU, stony brook, Touro Manhattan , Daemen College

Interviews: Hunter college (accepted) , SUNY downstate (declined ) , LIU ( will decline ), stony brook (decline )
Acceptances: hunter college
Rejections: nun
ATTENDING: hunter college !!!

Reactions: 2 users
University: George Mason University
Major: Kinesiology, Psychology Minor
Overall GPA: 3.98
PreReq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 1) V150/Q150/W3.5
2) V147/Q154/W4.0

APPLIED: UF, UNF, FIU, University of South Carolina, Western Carolina, Methodist, Duke, Gannon-Erie, Drexel, Chatham, Walsh, Marymount, Shenandoah, George Washington

INTERVIEWED: Drexel (10/27), GWU (11/11), UNF (Skype 11/15), Walsh (11/17- declined), Chatham (11/18), Methodist (12/1), Marymount (12/2), Shenandoah (12/15), FIU (1/27- declined)

REJECTED: Marymount (12/6)

WAITLISTED: Chatham, UNF, Shenandoah, USC (12/16)

*DUKE* "still under consideration"
*GWU- still haven't heard back

ACCEPTED: Gannon (10/28), DREXEL (11/14), Methodist (12/15), UNF (1/23), USC (1/1) :corny:

Reactions: 3 users
Update: ACCEPTEDDDDDDDD
University
: William Paterson University
Major: BS - Biology
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.32
Science GPA: 3.40
GRE: 152V 153 Q 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient, 50+ inpatient (hospital), 100+ outpatient pediatrics

Work: 2 outpatient clinics

Applied:
Dominican College
Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
Mercy College
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Newark/North Campus)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Stratford/South)
Seton Hall University
SUNY Downstate

(submitted: 9/1, verified: 9/15)

Recommendation Letters: 3 PT's and a former professor. (4 total)

Acceptances: RUTGERS North!!!! (Top choice school)

Attending: Rutgers North :)

Rejections: Rutgers South,

Waitlist: Dominican, Mercy College

University

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient, 50+ inpatient (hospital), 100+ outpatient pediatrics

Applied:
Dominican College
Mercy College
Seton Hall University
SUNY Downstate

I'll see you there! :highfive:

University

Applied:
Dominican College
Mercy College
Seton Hall University
SUNY Downstate

Congrats!! When did you hear from Rutgers North?

Exercise Science Major
Cumulative GPA - 3.56 but I took college classes in High school so Actual GPA is 3.69
Science GPA - 3.46
Pre rec - 3.6
GRE 150 V 153 Q 3.0 A
Hours - 2400 Out patient as an tech
- 120hr internship Outpatient
- 28 hr inpatient inpatient (two different settings Long term care and hospital)
Extra - Varcity D2 mens soccer player (got soccer awards dont know if it matters) , Soccer and academic scholarship, Deans list every semester except last one, low income family minority(heard it helps) , CPR and first aid, Bi-Lingual
I know my GRE is low but hopefully my other stats can carry me.
Applied - Regis, Elon, Pacific, Rocky Mountain, Rosefranklin
interview - Rocky Mountain, Rosalind Franklin, Regis , Elon 2/2 (will now be declining regardless of offer)
Rejections - Rocky Mountain, Rosalind Franklin, Pacific
Acceptance - Regis 2/5
After months of continued stress I finally got into a school and even better my top school. Thank you all who post on this site it helped so much and to all who are still waiting wish you all the best

Reactions: 6 users
College: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
cGPA: 3.46
pGPA: 3.72
GRE: 152 V&Q 4.0 analytical

Hours: 40 in outpatient, 45 in acute, and 1000+ in rehab. Work as a rehab tech in a Stroke, Brain and Spinal Cord Injury, and Wound Care Center.

Volunteer: Soccer Coach, Private placekicking coach, community service for multiple organizations.

Other: Patient Transporter for 2.5 years in level 2 hospital. Worked with a lot of critical care patients in multiple settings, including ortho, neuro, trauma, pulmonary, oncology, surgical, and cardiac.

Applied To: Tennessee State, UTC, Belmont, Evansville, Bellarmine, Brenau, High Point, Elon, Western Carolina, ETSU, Murphy Deming/Mary Baldwin

Interviews: High Point 8/25 (waitlisted), Murphy Deming 11/4 (accepted on 11/16), Bellarmine University (2/9), Brenau University (2/16-declined)

Rejections: Western Carolina, Belmont, Evansville, Elon, TSU, UTC

**FINAL UPDATE**

University: California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Major: Kinesiology (exercise science concentration)
Overall GPA: 3.53
Pre-Req GPA: 3.52
GRE: 1st attempt: 151 V, 156 Q, 4.5 AW
2nd attempt: 158 V, 161 Q, 4.0 AW

Extra-Curric: Poly Fit Club, Pre-Physical Therapy Club, intramural volleyball/basketball, dean's list

Volunteer: SLO Marathon, Eye Cycle, Cal Poly Corporation Wellness Program

Observation Hours: 50 hrs acute care inpatient @ hospital, 30 hrs pediatric outpatient setting, 6 hrs skilled nursing facility inpatient, ~250 hrs outpatient orthopedic

LoR's: 1 PT director @ hospital, 1 PT @ outpatient clinic, 1 KINE professor (I had the option to choose a biomechanics teacher, but choose this professor b/c I felt she would write the best LoR, attesting to my character and ability to succeed in further education).

Applied: In State: Samuel Merritt, SFSU/UCSF, USC, Chapman, CSUN, CSULB.
Out of State: University of Washington, University of Utah, University of Colorado (denver), Regis University, University of Illinois at Chicago, Rosalind Franklin University, Duke University

**Not too sure on exact dates of application/verification b/c I sent them in as I completed them (rolling 1st, then others). I sent in a few at the end of July, and the rest throughout August.**

Interviews: Rosalind Franklin University (9/15), Regis (1/26 - had to decline), UCSF (1/26), University of Colorado (1/27)

Acceptances: Rosalind Franklin University (9/21), USC (12/13), University of Colorado!! (Attending)

Waitlists: CSUN, CSULB, Chapman (Fall)

Rejections: University of Utah, Samuel Merritt, UIC, UCSF (1/29)

Haven't heard back from UW or Duke, but I'm not considering them anymore. This forum has been a great source of information!! Good luck to everyone!!

Has anyone interviewed at Long Island University (LIU) in Brooklyn yet? I have my interview January 26th, but I don't really know much about it. I would like to know if it is individual or group, the day's schedule, etc.

I have an interview coming up with LIU! Can you tell me anything about how it was? can you remember anything they asked you?

**FINAL UPDATE**

Extra-Curric: Poly Fit Club, Pre-Physical Therapy Club, intramural volleyball/basketball, dean's list

Observation Hours: 50 hrs acute care inpatient @ hospital, 30 hrs pediatric outpatient setting, 6 hrs skilled nursing facility inpatient, ~250 hrs outpatient orthopedic

LoR's: 1 PT director @ hospital, 1 PT @ outpatient clinic, 1 KINE professor (I had the option to choose a biomechanics teacher, but choose this professor b/c I felt she would write the best LoR, attesting to my character and ability to succeed in further education).

Out of State: University of Washington, University of Utah, University of Colorado (denver), Regis University, University of Illinois at Chicago, Rosalind Franklin University, Duke University

**Not too sure on exact dates of application/verification b/c I sent them in as I completed them (rolling 1st, then others). I sent in a few at the end of July, and the rest throughout August.**

Interviews: Rosalind Franklin University (9/15), Regis (1/26 - had to decline), UCSF (1/26), University of Colorado (1/27)

Acceptances: Rosalind Franklin University (9/21), USC (12/13), University of Colorado!! (Attending)

Haven't heard back from UW or Duke, but I'm not considering them anymore. This forum has been a great source of information!! Good luck to everyone!!
Congratulations!! Did Colorado notify you by mail or email?

Major: Exercise Science, May 2015
Overall GPA: 3.10
Pre-Req GPA: 3.67-3.9
GRE: 155 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW

Observation Hours: 140 outpatient ortho, 34 inpatient acute and rehab hospital, 25 home health, 24 outpatient peds

Work/Extracurriculars/Awards: 1000+ hours as medical scribe for orthopedic surgeon, waitress for 4+ years, certified trainer at restaurant, 4 year DII XC and Indoor/Outdoor track athlete, captain for 3 years, conference all-academic honor roll x6, SAAC, National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic team leader, volunteer with outreach program at ortho office, President’s list x1, Dean’s list x2, intramurals, adult soccer league

Applying: CU Denver, Cincinnati, Rutgers South, U Indy, U of Minnesota, Northern Illinois University, Bradley, Montana, Rosalind Franklin, Washington University in St. Louis, Regis, Wisconsin - Madison

Interviews: Rutgers South (11/10), Northern Illinois (11/11), U Indy (11/17), Rosalind Franklin (11/18), Regis (1/29), Montana (2/3)

Acceptances: Northern Illinois (12/15 - declined), Rutgers South (12/22), Minnesota (1/29), U Indy (1/30 - declined)
Waitlist: Minnesota (11/21)*, U Indy (11/21)*, Bradley (12/4), Wash U (12/8), Rosalind Franklin (1/23), Montana (2/5), Regis (2/5)
Rejections:
UW Madison (12/18), CU Denver (12/27)

ATTENDING UPDATE!

Undergrad

Attending: GW!

Reactions: 4 users
FINAL UPDATE!!!

Majors:
Biology and Athletic Training (completing both in 3 years)
Prereq and Overall GPA: 3.98
GRE: 151Q, 157V, 4.5W
Observation:200 in outpatient, SNF, inpatient, sports, and women's health; 400 hours in athletic training room (I know this doesn't count for PT school)

Xtras: Special Olympics, RA, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, anatomy lab TA, worked all through school, Sunday school teacher, Lions Club, school tour assistant, Health Occupations Group~200 hours

Applying: AT Still, Midwestern Glendale, Loma Linda, Chapman, Fresno State, Sac State, UNLV, Touro, Regis, Montana, Mount Saint Mary's

Interview Invites: Midwestern (declined), Loma Linda, AT Still, Fresno State (declined), Sac State (declined), Montana (declined)

Acceptances: AT Still, Loma Linda, UNLV!!!!!

Rejections:
None

Attending: UNLV

Majors: Exercise Science/Physical Education
Prereq and Overall GPA: 3.67 pre-requ; 3.9 total
GRE: 157Q, 157V, 5.0 W
Observation: 430 hours in outpatient

Applying: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Briar Cliff University, University of South Dakota, Creighton University

Interview Invites: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Briar Cliff University (declined) , University of South Dakota (declined), Creighton University (declined)

Acceptances: University of Nebraska Medical Center

Attending: University of Nebraska Medical Center

**ACCEPTANCE UPDATE**

University
: Cal State Fullerton
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
Post Bachelors GPA: 3.9

Volunteer: 500+ hours in outpatient orthopedic and 150+ pediatric

Applied (submitted apps in July): Western U, Chapman, Azusa Pacific 19’, CSULB, SDSU, & CSUN

Acceptance & Attending: SDSU!!!

Rejections: CSULB (wrong biology)

Interviews: Western U (accepted but declined)

I'm going to GW!! I interviewed at Drexel and I am choosing to go to GW because I felt that the professors were overall much nicer and more approachable. The curriculum was also very attractive to me. I would consider what you want in a curriculum, the area you want to be in, and how much you are willing to pay. DC is more expensive to live in, but you should go with your gut instinct and what you felt when you visited both schools!
I'm going to GW too!! :D

Majors: Exercise Science (Florida State University)
Prereq and Overall GPA: 3.21 pre-requ; 3.24 total
GRE: 161Q, 157V, 6.0 W
Observation: 100 hours in 3 different settings
Extra Curric: CEO of 501c3 non-profit, many volunteer hours for non-profits, local Florida camps.

Applying: University of Florida, FGCU, FIU

Interview Invites: FIU, FGCU

Acceptances: FGCU, FIU

Rejections:

Attending: FGCU

Hopefully some inspiration for those with terrible GPA's. Just study for the GRE until your eyes bleed.

Reactions: 5 users
University of North Texas
Overall: 3.51
Prerequisite GPA: 3.75-3.9
Last 60 hours : 3.9
GRE: 150 V 148 Q 4.0 W

Observation hours: 2700 in outpatient, 40 in inpatient

Extracurriculars: 4000 service hours as a missionary in Chihuahua, Mexico. 400 service hours as Sunday School Teacher in my church. Fluent Spanish speaker, Eagle Scout, Deans and Presidents List.

Applied: UNT, Texas Tech, Texas State, TWU, Incarnate Word, Central Florida
Interviews: Texas Tech, Texas State, Incarnate Word
Rejections: UNT, Central Florida
Waitlist: Texas Tech, Texas State, TWU
Acceptances: Incarnate Word( will not be attending due to tuition, so yes I am putting my faith in the waitlists haha)

Update: Acceptance!

Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Economics
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-3.85 depending on the program
GRE: 158V, 159Q, 4.5W
LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 healthcare professional
Extra-curriculars: Intramural Tennis, Gardening Club, Sorority, Hospital Volunteering
Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List, President's List, Sorority Academic Award, Economics Honor Society, Academic Honor Society
Observation Hours: 170 total; 102 inpatient geriatric, 68 outpatient orthopedic and pediatric

Applied: Lynchburg, UNF, UCF, Marymount, UNE, URI, Duke, South Carolina
Acceptances: Lynchburg (12/5), University of South Carolina (12/6), Marymount (12/6), URI (1/9), UNE (2/8)
Waitlisted: UNF (12/4), UNE (12/18)
Rejections:
Interviews: UNF (11/14), UCF (11/17), Marymount (12/2), UNE (12/8), URI (1/4)

Finally heard back from all my schools, so finally posting one of these!

Undergrad: Sonoma State University
Degree: BS in Kinesiology & minor in Biology
Cgpa: 3.98
Prereq gpa:4.0
Gre: Verbal 156/73% Quant 155/59% Writing 4.0/60%

Volunteer hrs = about 700hrs total

Outpatient was 400 hrs in 2 peds settings(private therapy summer camp and a school based peds clinic), and 80 hrs in a nuero clinic connected to a hospital
Inpatient was 125hrs in an ER hospital and 84hrs in a SNF

Extracurriculars:
Was apart of the Kinesiology club and biology club during undergrad, assisted in my schools physio lab on 2 research projects and went abroad during my year off and volunteered in a refugee soup kitchen for a month and a half.

Applied: University of Southern California(USC), UCSF/SFSU, Samuel Merritt, Regis University, University of Puget Sound, CSU Fresno, University of Delaware, Arcadia University, Drexel University, Boston University, Thomas Jefferson University, and UNE

Interviews: Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, U Delaware, UNE (declined), Fresno State (declined), Regis University (declined), and USCF/SFSU

Acceptances: Drexel University (with Dean’s Scholarship), Thomas Jefferson (with scholarship), U Delaware, USC, Arcadia University (with merit scholarship), Samuel Merritt, Boston University (with Sargent Scholarship), UCSF/SFSU, and University of Puget Sound

Rejections: NA
Waitlist:NA

Never in a million years did I think I’d be accepted to every program I applied to/interviewed for! I’m honestly shocked.

ATTENDING: Drexel University (with the scholarship it makes Drexel my cheapest choice, and curriculum/faculty wise it was my favorite because there are a lot of peds opportunities, so it worked out well) My hardest decisions were deciding between Drexel, Delaware and UCSF, but I’m happy with my choice and can’t wait to be a Drexel Dragon! :soexcited:

Last edited:
Update: Acceptance!

University of North Texas
Overall: 3.51
Prerequisite GPA: 3.75-3.9
Last 60 hours : 3.9
GRE: 150 V 148 Q 4.0 W

Observation hours: 2700 in outpatient, 40 in inpatient

Extracurriculars: 4000 service hours as a missionary in Chihuahua, Mexico. 400 service hours as Sunday School Teacher in my church. Fluent Spanish speaker, Eagle Scout, Deans and Presidents List.

Applied: UNT, Texas Tech, Texas State, TWU, Incarnate Word, Central Florida
Interviews: Texas Tech, Texas State, Incarnate Word
Rejections: UNT, Central Florida
Waitlist: Texas Tech, Texas State, TWU
Acceptances: Incarnate Word, TWU. Definitely taking TWU

Undergrad College: Cal Poly Pomona
Masters College: CSULB
Overall GPA: 3.26
Pre-Req GPA:3.3
Masters GPA: 3.4 (although it doesn't matter much)
GRE: 152 Q, 146 V, 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: Social Chair of Kinesiology and Health Promotion CLub

Observation: Volunteer at hospital (inpatient) for the 120 hours, volunteered at 2 different outpatient PT settings, worked at a neurological PT place, Worked at Orthro. Total Hours: Inpatient + Outpatient: ~1000

References: 3 physical therapists, 1 professor. (2 physical therapist owned the clinic [one was an assistant professor at USC DPT])

Applied: Due to my low GPA, I applied to as many programs (20) as I could: USC, CSUN, CSULB, MT ST Marys, AT STILL, CSU Sac, Chapman, Creigton, MCPHS, Wheeling Jesuit, Hampton, CSU Fresno, Northern Arizona, NOVA Southeastern-Tampa, Samuel Merritt, UCSF, West Coast, Western, APU, Franklin Pierce. [I was trying to really stay in California but looked at a few out of state. My advice: if you look at a few out of state schools, look at the percentages they accept out of state vs in state.]

Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit Phone interview (accepted), MCPHS: (accepted), NOVA University (declined)

Waitlist: CSULB

Rejections: Samuel Merritt, Western, Franklin Pierce, AT Still, CSU Sac, CSUN, Creignton, Chapman, Hampton

Acceptances: Wheeling Jesuit, MCPHS
Did you end up sending in the deposit for Wheeling?

**FINAL UPDATE**

Why did you choose University of Colorado over USC?

University: Cal State University Long Beach
Major: Kinesiology- Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.6-3.8
GRE: 1st- 148V 156Q 4.0AW
2nd- 153V 157Q 3.5AW

Extra-Curricular:
Delta Gamma Fraternity(Director of Activities, Vice President of Foundation), Internship in Ireland (2 months), Veterans Affairs Volunteer in Blind Rehab Center (and founder of program), Blind Children Center Volunteer, Muscle Research Lab Assistant, LA Kings Hockey Team Exercise Tester/Researcher, private skills coach for soccer goalkeepers, Assistant Coach for Poway Soccer Club Clinics, Front Desk at Rush Cycle (indoor cycling), Player on indoor adult soccer team

Observation:
over 2,000 hours at outpatient clinic (volunteered for a few months, worked as aide for ~2.5 years), 37 hours inpatient at VA hospital, 37 outpatient at VA hospital, 15 hours pelvic floor therapy

LOR:
Exercise Physiology professor, PT (director at my work), DPT (Pelvic Floor Specialist that I shadowed) DPT (close friend and mentor)

E-submitted:
9/27
Verified by PTCAS: 10/03

Applied: Northern Arizona University, UCSF/SFSU, Sacramento State, Northwestern, University of Colorado, Pacific University, Regis University, University of Washington, Simmons University, Boston University, Northeastern University, Chapman University

Interviews: UCSF/SFSU (1/26-1/27), Sac State (2/3~declined), Regis University (1/29~declined), University of Colorado (1/26 or 1/27), University of Pacific (declined)

Acceptances: Northwestern, Boston University, Simmons College

Waitlisted: Chapman

Rejections:
NAU, UCSF/SFSU, University of Colorado

Still haven’t heard from University of Washington but I think I’m just choosing between Northwestern and Boston University!!! If anyone has an insight on either, please let me know! I visited Northwestern and loved it but I’m not sure what BU is like.

Goood luck to everybody!! So happy this process is almost done but so thankful for all the people I’ve met along the way!

Update

University: University of Louisville
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.73
GRE: V 152, Q 154, 4.0 AWA

EC: three different internships (research, one pt-related, wellness coaching), variety of jobs (physical therapy technician, healthy living coach at YMCA, federal work-study student, alley coordinator at Red Lobster), few volunteer experiences (IRONMAN, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, Louisville Grows, Our Revolution, Student Outreach Uniting Louisville)
Observations: INPATIENT: SNF, sub-acute; OUTPATIENT: general orthopedic,industrial/occupational,wellness/prevention/fitness = 4 sites (~860 hours total)
Achievements: 8 various awards/honors/scholarships
LORs: 2 physical therapists, 1 major professor, 1 science professor

Applying: Bellarmine University, Chatham University, Youngstown State University, Marshall University, Mount St. Joseph University, Western Kentucky University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Kentucky
Interviews: Bellarmine University (11/3) Chatham University (11/11) Mount St. Joseph University (11/17) Marshall University (1/4) Western Kentucky University (2/9-declined), University of Kentucky (3/2)
Acceptances: Chatham University (11/22-declined) Mount St. Joseph University (11/28-declined) Youngstown State University (12/6) Marshall University (1/27)
Hold/Wait List: Bellarmine University (11/10) University of Pittsburgh (1/31)
Rejections: N/A

Last edited:
Majors: Exercise Science (University of South Carolina)
Prereq and Overall GPA: 3.7 prereq, 3.89 overall
GRE: 156Q, 156V, 4.0 W
Observation: 20 hours acute care, 6 hours in a school, 164 hours outpatient
Extra Curric: Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Capstone Scholar, study abroad in Australia, sorority member, sorority recruitment counselor, volunteer at animal shelter

Applying: MUSC, South Carolina, Mercer, Armstrong State, Nova Southeastern

Interviews: Mercer (11/18), Armstrong State (12/9)

Acceptances: Mercer, South Carolina

Waitlist: MUSC

Rejections: Armstrong State

Attending: Mercer

You don’t wanna go here. If you want to be a good clinician and learn from professors who actually care about your success, rather than deal with catty drama from those looking to tear you down, go anywhere else.

Can you elaborate? Are you a current DPT student?