GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just accepted to Boston University off the waitlist! however, I've already put my deposit down at George Washington University. BU has always been the school I dreamed of going to, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone who is attending or has visited either school, do you have any input?

Members don't see this ad.

University: University of California, Riverside

Major: Biological Sciences, Medical Biology Track

Undergraduate GPA: 3.04

Overall GPA: 3.20

Prereq GPA: ~3.60

Last 60 GPA: 4.0

GRE: 155 V, 157 Q, 4.0 A (Plan on retaking with confidence that I will do better)

Licenses: AHA BLS, Pharmacy Technician

Experiences: 1800 hours as a patient transporter in a hospital. 2000 as a patient care technician mainly on the orthopedics unit but occasionally floating to other units. 500 as a pharmacy technician in retail. 400 as a clinical care volunteer (similar to CNAs but volunteer) in med-surg, SICU, pulmonary renal, radiology, orthopedics, and general surgery. 240 hours shadowing a physician and taking vitals.

Would like your opinion on if I have a chance of getting into PT school before devoting time and effort into researching and applying for schools. I am aware that I don't have any observation hours or know any physical therapists to write my letters as of right now. Just wanted to see my chances before I begin. Lets assume that I meet the minimum amount of observation hours for most schools, what do you think my chances are? Advice on how to improve and what schools to look would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update: ACCEPTANCE
University
: William Paterson University
Major: BS - Biology
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.32
Science GPA: 3.40
GRE: 152V 153 Q 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient, 50+ inpatient (hospital), 100+ outpatient pediatrics

Work: 2 outpatient clinics

Applied:
Dominican College
Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
Mercy College
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Newark/North Campus)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Stratford/South)
Seton Hall University
SUNY Downstate

(submitted: 9/1, verified: 9/15)

Recommendation Letters: 3 PT's and a former professor. (4 total)

Acceptances: RUTGERS North!!!! (Top choice school) LIU Brooklyn, Mercy College

Attending: Rutgers North :)

Rejections: Rutgers South,

Waitlist: Dominican

Just declined an acceptance to Mercy College! Hopefully it helps someone on here. Like I said before I really enjoyed their program and the layout of everything being a weekend only program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: ACCEPTANCE
University
: William Paterson University
Major: BS - Biology
Overall GPA: 3.43
Pre-Req GPA: 3.32
Science GPA: 3.40
GRE: 152V 153 Q 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient, 50+ inpatient (hospital), 100+ outpatient pediatrics

Work: 2 outpatient clinics

Applied:
Dominican College
Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
Mercy College
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Newark/North Campus)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Stratford/South)
Seton Hall University
SUNY Downstate

(submitted: 9/1, verified: 9/15)

Recommendation Letters: 3 PT's and a former professor. (4 total)

Acceptances: RUTGERS North!!!! (Top choice school) LIU Brooklyn, Mercy College

Attending: Rutgers North :)

Rejections: Rutgers South,

Waitlist: Dominican

Just declined an acceptance to Mercy College! Hopefully it helps someone on here. Like I said before I really enjoyed their program and the layout of everything being a weekend only program.

Congrats! I was wondering if you officially declined the LIU spot? Im trying to get off their waitlist!

Has anyone heard from Bellarmine? I interviewed on February 9th and was curious if anyone else who interviewed on that day has heard anything.

Has anyone heard from Bellarmine? I interviewed on February 9th and was curious if anyone else who interviewed on that day has heard anything.
I interviewed on February 9th too and I haven't heard anything back yet

I’ve been watching this thread for years and I’m excited to finally post my stats!

University: UNC
Major: Exercise and sport science
Overall GPA: 3.08
Masters GPA: 3.82
Pre-Req GPA: varies but in the 3.5-3.6 range
GRE: 152 Verbal, 155 Math, 3.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: meals on wheels, work with special needs community

Honors: Dean’s list a few times

Obsevation: 265 hours (198 inpatient, 43 outpatient, 24 home health)

LOR: 2 PTs and 1 professor (Graduate program director)

Applied: Duke, ECU, GWU, Methodist, UNC, WCU, Wingate, WSSU, Campbell, High Point

Interviews: Campbell, Methodist, GWU(declined)

Waitlisted: Methodist

Rejections: Duke, ECU, UNC, WCU, High Point

Accepted: Campbell, Methodist, Wingate, WSSU
Congrats on the acceptances! When did you hear back from Winston Salem? I received an e-mail in January saying I made it to the next phase and they would be sending out final decisions before the end of February, but haven't heard anything final yet.

Congrats on the acceptances! When did you hear back from Winston Salem? I received an e-mail in January saying I made it to the next phase and they would be sending out final decisions before the end of February, but haven't heard anything final yet.

Thank you! I received a call from Dr. White on Friday the 23rd. I have two weeks to accept and send a seat deposit.

most people just calculate it themselves
None of my PTCAS apps have a Pre-Req GPA. Is it because I am taking my last Pre-req now in College? Or am I just overlooking it?

None of my PTCAS apps have a Pre-Req GPA. Is it because I am taking my last Pre-req now in College? Or am I just overlooking it?
Your app won’t have it, you have to calculate it yourself based on the ptcas grading scale

UPDATE: GRE SCORES IN Including AW
University: Arizona State University
Major: Communication (Minor: Tourism - Cert: International Business)
ptCAS GPA - I calculated right around a 2.97
ASU GPA - 3.03
Post Bac GPA - 3.59 (41 credits done - 15 pending, possibly another 7-8 to take in the future depending on how this cycle goes)
pGPA (2 pending for st. Augustine) - 3.67
Last 45-60 (undergrad) - 3.10-3.15
(All stats geared towards st. Augustine)

GRE - Q152 V163 W:4.5
LORs - 3 PTs 1 A&P Professor

Extra Curric. - Worked as a personal trainer for 2.5 years, competed in men's physique shows (not that it matters), currently working for the Phoenix Veteran's Administration Mental Health Call Center, 45 hours of volunteer work at Honor Health (local hospital)

Observation Hours: 750 outpatient (I worked as a tech part-time for almost a year), 20 inpatient rehab, 16 in/out patient (at the phoenix VA PT clinic)

As of right now, I'm only applying to St. Augustine (Miami) while I finish up my pre-reqs for the rest of the programs to which I'll be applying (Touro NV and Bayshore, MGHIHP, UofF, and a few more depending on my final stats, and what happens with st. Augustine)

My hope is that somebody will give me an interview based on my letters, GRE, Pre-reqs, and most importantly personal statement. My main goal for PT is to be able to help veterans. Most of my friends have served (I didn't), and I believe I understand that demographic, and I truly enjoy working with them everyday. If you guys wouldn't mind, Please give me an honest assessment of what you think of my chances.

Last edited:
University: Loyola University Chicago
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.01 --> 2.59 undergrad GPA + 4.00 post bacc GPA (54 credits)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6 - 3.89
GRE: 151V, 151Q, 4.5AW

Extra-Curric: Filipino cultural org (4 years w/ multiple positions on board), graphic design intern, women's intercollegiate football team (7 years; captain then coach), Enabling the Future (branch co-founder), various race/marathon volunteer, relay for life, nursing home activity aide, student center student supervisor

Observation: PT tech - outpatient ortho (2500 hours), PT tech - inpatient hospital (2500 hours), shadow - SNF (40 hours), shadow - sports clinic (50 hours), volunteer - inpatient and outpatient peds (200 hours)

LOR: 2 PTs (one's a supervisor) , 1 professors (post bacc physics), 1 OT

Applied: Emory & Henry, Regis, Mount St. Joseph, Rosalind Franklin, High Point University, South College

Interviews: Emory & Henry (Nov), South College (Nov), Mount St. Joseph (Jan)

Waitlist: Emory & Henry, Regis

Rejections: High Point, South College

Acceptances: Mount St. Joseph University :)

Posting for some low stat encouragement!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATES!!!

Undergrad: University of Maryland
Post Baccalaureate: Hofstra University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.58
Pre-Req GPA: 3.80
GRE Scores: Q152 V148 AW3.5
Hours: 800+ outpatient, 50 inpatient
Additional: Dean's List, member of Delta Phi Epsilon, sorority committees, research assistant, teaching assistant
LOR: 3 PTs (+2 letters of confirmation of hours/recommendations), 1 chemistry professor

Applying to:
Arcadia, Hunter, LIU, MUSC, NYU, Rutgers (north and south), Seton Hall, Stony Brook, SUNY Downstate, Touro, UCONN, Delaware, UMD
Acceptances: Touro Bay Shore (11/20), NYU (12/21), Rutgers North (1/4), NYIT (3/5), Stony Brook (3/27)
Rejections: MUSC (12/13), Rutgers South (12/21), Hunter, Delaware, UMD, Arcadia, UConn (3/21)
Interviews: Stony Brook (11/10), NYIT (11/19), NYU (12/1), Rutgers North (12/8), Hunter (12/15), LIU (1/26), SUNY Downstate (1/18--declined)
Waitlists: Stony Brook (12/13), NYIT (11/28), LIU

so far I declined my seat at touro, NYIT, Stony Brook and Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm so excited to be posting here after such a gruesome wait! I got waitlisted at all 5 schools that I applied to and was starting to doubt that I would get into a program this year. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!!

University
: UC Berkeley
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.63
GRE: 156V, 157Q, 4.5AW

Extra-Curric: Myopia research (2 years), Dragon Boat (4 years, 1 year as coach), SURF Research Fellow, Undergrad student instructor for Physiology lab, Lab Assistant at Science Hall (2 years)

Observation: PT Aide at an outpatient practice (~2000 hours, Current), Volunteer in Children's Hospital inpatient pediatric rehab (28 hours), Volunteer in outpatient Sports Medicine (21 hours), Volunteer at SNF (45 hours), Volunteer at outpatient practice (84 hours)

LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor (myopia research), 1 employer

Applied: USC, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, CSULB, Northridge
Waitlisted: USC (2/16), Chapman (2/2), Samuel Merritt (#38, 1/16), CSULB (High Tier, 1/15), Northridge (#84, 1/19)
Accepted: USC (3/6)!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users

Extra-Curric: Filipino cultural org (4 years w/ multiple positions on board), graphic design intern, women's intercollegiate football team (7 years; captain then coach), Enabling the Future (branch co-founder), various race/marathon volunteer, relay for life, nursing home activity aide, student center student supervisor

Observation: PT tech - outpatient ortho (2500 hours), PT tech - inpatient hospital (2500 hours), shadow - SNF (40 hours), shadow - sports clinic (50 hours), volunteer - inpatient and outpatient peds (200 hours)

Applied: Emory & Henry, Regis, Mount St. Joseph, Rosalind Franklin, High Point University, South College

How did you feel about South College? I have heard mixed reviews. What was their interview process like?

Reactions: 1 users

Your stats are basically the same as mine, thank you so much for the encouragement! It really does help a lot, I am going to be applying for st. Augustine's flex program, and then for like 12 other programs, and it seems like I will get in somewhere. Congrats on your acceptance!

ACCEPTANCE UPDATE!
School: University of Virginia
Major: Kinesiology
Cum GPA: 3.05
Pre-Req GPA: 3.26-3.4
GRE: 152V 162Q 4.0AW
Hours: 350 hours individuals with disabilities, 30 hours hospital, 102 hours sports medicine, 1300+ hours outpatient
LOR: 2 PTs (both work supervisors), 1 Prof, 1 non-PT employer

Submitted: Late August/early September

Applied: Chatham University, University of Puget Sound, University of Pittsburgh, Brenau University, Rocky Mountain University of the Health Sciences, Regis University, Methodist University, Marymount University
Rejections: Rocky Mountain University of the Health Sciences, Regis University, Marymount University, never heard from Brenau so I'm assuming rejection
Interviews: Methodist University (12/2)
Waitlist: Methodist University, University of Pittsburgh, Chatham University
Acceptances: Methodist University (3/9)
Attending: Methodist University!!!! :)

How did you feel about South College? I have heard mixed reviews. What was their interview process like?

All the current students I've talked to really like the program. I thought the program was alright. I think it's still pretty expensive to be an online program, but you don't have to pay for room/board. The interview is 5 questions. You get 20 seconds per question to prep and 4 minutes to answer. The standard questions: strengths, weaknesses, cheating classmate, etc.

Your stats are basically the same as mine, thank you so much for the encouragement! It really does help a lot, I am going to be applying for st. Augustine's flex program, and then for like 12 other programs, and it seems like I will get in somewhere. Congrats on your acceptance!

Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions. I applied for St. Augustine's residency program before. Kinda thankful I didn't get in that program because it's sooo expensive compared to others. Make sure you look into that before applying!

Last edited:
Last & Final Update!

University: University of Louisville
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.73
GRE: V 152, Q 154, 4.0 AWA

EC: three different internships (research, one pt-related, wellness coaching), variety of jobs (physical therapy technician, healthy living coach at YMCA, federal work-study student, alley coordinator at Red Lobster), few volunteer experiences (Jeffersonville Halloween Downtown, IRONMAN Louisville, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, Louisville Grows, Our Revolution, Student Outreach Uniting Louisville)
Observations: INPATIENT: SNF, sub-acute; OUTPATIENT: general orthopedic,industrial/occupational,wellness/prevention/fitness = 4 sites (~860 hours total)
Achievements: 8 various awards/honors/scholarships
LORs: 2 physical therapists, 1 major professor, 1 science professor

Applying: Bellarmine University, Chatham University, Youngstown State University, Marshall University, Mount St. Joseph University, Western Kentucky University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Kentucky
Interviews: Bellarmine University (11/3) Chatham University (11/11) Mount St. Joseph University (11/17) Marshall University (1/4) Western Kentucky University (2/9-declined), University of Kentucky (3/2)
Acceptances: Chatham University (11/22-declined) Mount St. Joseph University (11/28-declined) Youngstown State University (12/6) Marshall University (1/27) University of Kentucky (3/12)
Hold/Wait List: Bellarmine University (11/10) University of Pittsburgh (1/31)
Rejections: N/A

Attending: University of Kentucky! :soexcited:(go cards lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Final Update!!!

Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Economics
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-3.85 depending on the program
GRE: 158V, 159Q, 4.5W
LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 healthcare professional
Extra-curriculars: Intramural Tennis, Gardening Club, Sorority, HospitalVolunteering
Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List, President's List, Sorority Academic Award, Economics Honor Society, Academic Honor Society
Observation Hours: 170 total; 102 inpatient geriatric, 68 outpatient orthopedic and pediatric

Applied: Lynchburg, UNF, UCF, Marymount, UNE, URI, Duke, South Carolina
Acceptances: Lynchburg (12/5), University of South Carolina (12/6), Marymount (12/6), URI (1/9), UNE (2/8), UCF (2/14), Duke University (3/12)
Waitlisted: UNF (12/4), UNE (12/18), UCF (2/9)
Rejections:
Interviews: UNF (11/14), UCF (11/17), Marymount (12/2), UNE (12/8), URI (1/4)

**Attending: DUKE UNIVERSITY!!!:soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Undergrad: University of Washington
Major: German/International Studies
Graduate: University of Pittsburgh
Program: History and Philosophy of Science
Overall GPA: 3.83
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
GRE: V 168, Q 159, AW 5.0
LOR: 2 PTs, 2 science professors, dissertation advisor
Observation Hours: 168 outpatient, 28 inpatient
EC:3 years teaching experience as grad student (both as TA and independently), USAPL referee, volunteering at PT clinic

Applied: University of Kentucky
Interview: University of Kentucky (3/2)
Rejection: University of Kentucky (3/12)

:(

Last edited:
Undergrad: University of Washington
Major: German/International Studies
Graduate: University of Pittsburgh
Program: History and Philosophy of Science
Overall GPA: 3.83
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
GRE: V 168, Q 159, AW 5.0
LOR: 2 PTs, 2 science professors, dissertation advisor
Observation Hours: 168 outpatient, 28 inpatient
EC:3 years teaching experience as grad student (both as TA and independently), USAPL referee, volunteering at PT clinic

Applied: University of Kentucky
Interview: University of Kentucky
Rejection: University of Kentucky

:(
Those are impressive stats! Did you only applied to one school...?

Those are impressive stats! Did you only applied to one school...?

Thanks. Yeah I only applied to Kentucky. I know its risky to apply to only one school, but I thought I had a good shot. Plan B is to try again next year, but apply to more schools. Until then, I'll see if I can get some more inpatient observation hours, and maybe a PT tech job at one of the clinics I volunteered at. One or two more extra curriculars would probably help too. Other than that, I'm not really sure what else I can do to improve my application. I'm pretty sure I didn't bomb the interview.

Thanks. Yeah I only applied to Kentucky. I know its risky to apply to only one school, but I thought I had a good shot. Plan B is to try again next year, but apply to more schools. Until then, I'll see if I can get some more inpatient observation hours, and maybe a PT tech job at one of the clinics I volunteered at. One or two more extra curriculars would probably help too. Other than that, I'm not really sure what else I can do to improve my application. I'm pretty sure I didn't bomb the interview.

If Kentucky is the school you want to get into make sure you call them and ask why you didn't get accepted. It could be as simple as you didn't apply early enough but express how interested you are and even ask if there's anything you can do or if you can keep in contact with them to continue building a relationship with them and letting them know what you are doing to improve! I know it's discouraging but your stats are great so keep up the good work!

One of the most important factors for UK, other than stats, is residency status. They want to either make sure you are from Kentucky or have a strong commitment to the state. This is mostly due to the fact that we have a lack of PTs who actually practice here.

Thanks for the advice y'all.

One of the most important factors for UK, other than stats, is residency status. They want to either make sure you are from Kentucky or have a strong commitment to the state. This is mostly due to the fact that we have a lack of PTs who actually practice here.

I'm not from here originally, but I am a resident.

Thanks for the advice y'all.

I'm not from here originally, but I am a resident.

How long have you been a resident? and i would def. contact them in May and ask to meet with them to go over your application and see where they thought you needed to improve.

Very interesting. I'm honestly not sure why you didn't get in then.

How long have you been a resident? and i would def. contact them in May and ask to meet with them to go over your application and see where they thought you needed to improve.

I've been a resident for I little over a year and a half. In any case I'll contact them, and if I find out anything, I'll post over in the Kentucky thread.

Post-Grad: Masters of Medical Sciences at University of Kentucky
GPA: 3.9
Undergrad: University of Utah
Major:Biology
Overall GPA: 3.3
Prerequisite GPA: 3.84
GRE: V 157 Q 146 AW 4
LOR: 1 PT 3 Professors (from 3 DPT staff at UK from 3 DPT classes I took through my Masters)
Observation: 150 Outpatient 50 Inpatient
EC's: Graduate TA for Undergrad Anatomy and Physiology, Masters Thesis Research, Job editing Thieme Dissector(Professor I worked with at UK was an author of the dissector), Girls on the Run 5K and Ragnar Relay series Volunteer... etc.

Applied: Creighton, Regis, Bellarmine, Western Kentucky, University of Kentucky
Interviews: Creighton(10/27), University of Kentucky(3/2)
Rejections: Regis, Bellarmine
Waitlist: Western Kentucky, University of Kentucky waitlist #10 (3/12)
Acceptances: Creighton

I am happy that I got into Creighton, but I was really upset about not getting into UK as it was my #1 choice. I am a resident of KY now and I have taken 3 of the classes along with their DPT's and received A's in all of those classes and got letters from those professors. I thought there was no better way to prove I could do their school than actually doing it, so I was super bummed to be put on the waitlist:( My husband is starting medical school at UK this fall and I really don't want to have to be separated for 3 years. If anyone has any insight onto how many people UK usually accepts off their waitlist and what my chances are please share!

Final Update

Rehabilitation Science
CGPA: 3.35
Pre-req 3.2-3.4 depending on school
GRE: 157V 153Q 3.5V
Observation Hours: 800 out-pt rehab aide, 50 VA Hospital Inpatient
Extra-Curric: US Navy 4 Years Enlisted, Tutoring, Neuromuscular research lab - intern

Applied: UNE, Temple, NYIT, NYMC, MCPHS, GW, Thomas Jefferson, UM-B, Stony Brook, D'Youville, Methodist
Interviews: MCPHS (10/18), Temple (11/10), NYIT (Declined), GW(Declined), Methodist (Declined) UNE (3/2)
Rejections: Thomas Jefferson, UM-B, NYMC, Stonybrook
Waitlist: Temple (1/12), D'Youville (2/14)
Acceptances: MCPHS (declined) , UNE (3/16)

Attending: UNE :)

Final Update

Rehabilitation Science
CGPA: 3.35
Pre-req 3.2-3.4 depending on school
GRE: 157V 153Q 3.5V
Observation Hours: 800 out-pt rehab aide, 50 VA Hospital Inpatient
Extra-Curric: US Navy 4 Years Enlisted, Tutoring, Neuromuscular research lab - intern

Applied: UNE, Temple, NYIT, NYMC, MCPHS, GW, Thomas Jefferson, UM-B, Stony Brook, D'Youville, Methodist
Interviews: MCPHS (10/18), Temple (11/10), NYIT (Declined), GW(Declined), Methodist (Declined) UNE (3/2)
Rejections: Thomas Jefferson, UM-B, NYMC, Stonybrook
Waitlist: Temple (1/12), D'Youville (2/14)
Acceptances: MCPHS (declined) , UNE (3/16)

Attending: UNE :)
Congrats! Have you joined the Facebook group for class 2021?

I'm beyond excited to be posting in here. After losing hope for this cycle, I finally received an acceptance.

University
: Arizona State University
Major: Human Nutrition
Overall GPA: 3.42
GRE: 150 V, 149 Q, 3.5 AW

Observation: PT Tech at outpatient practice (800hrs), Shadow inpatient hospital (10hrs), Shadow home health (10hrs)

LOR: 2 PTs, 1 Professor (Anatomy)

Applied: NAU, Midwestern (AZ), AT Still, Franklin Pierce (AZ)
Waitlisted: NAU #63, Midwestern (Interview), Franklin Pierce (AZ)
Accepted: Franklin Pierce (AZ) (3/29)

Last edited:
Final Post!

Undergrad: University of Maryland
Post Baccalaureate: Hofstra University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.58
Pre-Req GPA: 3.80
GRE Scores: Q152 V148 AW3.5
Hours: 800+ outpatient, 50 inpatient
Additional: Dean's List, member of Delta Phi Epsilon, sorority committees, research assistant, teaching assistant
LOR: 3 PTs (+2 letters of confirmation of hours/recommendations), 1 chemistry professor

Applying to:
Arcadia, Hunter, LIU, MUSC, NYU, Rutgers (north and south), Seton Hall, Stony Brook, SUNY Downstate, Touro, UCONN, Delaware, UMD
Acceptances: Touro Bay Shore (11/20), NYU (12/21), Rutgers North (1/4), NYIT (3/5), Stony Brook (3/27)
Rejections: MUSC (12/13), Rutgers South (12/21), Hunter, Delaware, UMD, Arcadia, UConn (3/21)
Interviews: Stony Brook (11/10), NYIT (11/19), NYU (12/1), Rutgers North (12/8), Hunter (12/15), LIU (1/26), SUNY Downstate (1/18--declined)
Waitlists: Stony Brook (12/13), NYIT (11/28), LIU

so far I declined my seat at touro, NYIT, Stony Brook and Rutgers

ATTENDING NYU!

Undergrad: University of Alabama
Overall GPA: 3.81
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
GRE Scores: Q156 V157 W4.0
Hours: 130 outpatient, 20 inpatient
Additional: Dean's List, Delta Zeta Sorority, member of Phi Eta Sigma, Pre-PT society
LOR: 1 PT, 2 professors

Applying to:
UIC, Northwestern, University of Washington, George Washington, Emory, UTHSC, South Alabama, Midwestern University
Acceptances: UTHSC, George Washington, UIC, Emory
Rejections: Northwestern, University of Washington
Interviews: UTHSC, Emory, George Washington, Midwestern (did not attend), South Alabama (did not attend)
Waitlists: UIC, Emory

ATTENDING EMORY UNIVERSITY!!!!

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.22
Pre-Req GPA: 3.15
GRE Scores: Q148 V148 W3.5
Hours: 1,000+ outpatient as an PT aide

Applying to: University of Massachusetts Lowell, Plymouth State University, University of New England
Acceptances: None
Rejections: UML, Plymouth, UNE

Obviously my application wasn't strong and I wasn't expecting much. This upcoming cycle I am going to take the GRE again after taking a prep course and I have 2 pre-req's lined up to retake in the summer. My last semester should raise my overall to at least a 3.3 as well. Freshman and sophomore year were rough, finishing my last 2 semesters with a 3.8+ though. Going to try to get some inpatient hours as well. Next cycle i'm going to apply early and to a lot more university's such as Franklin Pierce (NH), Simmons College, MCPHS, St augustine (Florida). If anyone's got any tips let me know. Thanks and good luck!

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.22
Pre-Req GPA: 3.15
GRE Scores: Q148 V148 W3.5
Hours: 1,000+ outpatient as an PT aide

Applying to: University of Massachusetts Lowell, Plymouth State University, University of New England
Acceptances: None
Rejections: UML, Plymouth, UNE

Obviously my application wasn't strong and I wasn't expecting much. This upcoming cycle I am going to take the GRE again after taking a prep course and I have 2 pre-req's lined up to retake in the summer. My last semester should raise my overall to at least a 3.3 as well. Freshman and sophomore year were rough, finishing my last 2 semesters with a 3.8+ though. Going to try to get some inpatient hours as well. Next cycle i'm going to apply early and to a lot more university's such as Franklin Pierce (NH), Simmons College, MCPHS, St augustine (Florida). If anyone's got any tips let me know. Thanks and good luck!

Were you able to interview at any of these schools?
I would say defiently work on your GRE and maybe retake some of your prerequisites to improve your GPA.

before retaking classes- look to see if schools actually take the average or your best grade. if majority of your schools you are applying to take the average really look to see if thats going to help you. for example, if you got a B and you retake the class and get an A.. and they average it.. you arnt really helping yourself as far as them calculating. However, if they take the best score then go for it. I just know financially, i had to really sit down and research whether or not retaking a class was going to be beneficial to me or would i rather spend that money applying to possibly a different school ect..

I'm so excited to be posting here after such a gruesome wait! I got waitlisted at all 5 schools that I applied to and was starting to doubt that I would get into a program this year. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!!

University
: UC Berkeley
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.63
GRE: 156V, 157Q, 4.5AW

Extra-Curric: Myopia research (2 years), Dragon Boat (4 years, 1 year as coach), SURF Research Fellow, Undergrad student instructor for Physiology lab, Lab Assistant at Science Hall (2 years)

Observation: PT Aide at an outpatient practice (~2000 hours, Current), Volunteer in Children's Hospital inpatient pediatric rehab (28 hours), Volunteer in outpatient Sports Medicine (21 hours), Volunteer at SNF (45 hours), Volunteer at outpatient practice (84 hours)

LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor (myopia research), 1 employer

Applied: USC, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, CSULB, Northridge
Waitlisted: USC (2/16), Chapman (2/2), Samuel Merritt (#38, 1/16), CSULB (High Tier, 1/15), Northridge (#84, 1/19)
Accepted: USC (3/6)!!:soexcited:
Nice work fellow Bear.

Final Update!!

University: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition Foods and Exercise

Overall GPA:3.40

Pre-Req GPA: ~3.25 no re-takes

GRE: Q152/V156/W4

Extra-Curricular: Sorority, Medical volunteer, Work full-time (Dining hall, waitress, and bartender), Student athletic trainer during Freshman/Sophomore years, currently working as an inpatient/outpatient Rehab Tech

Volunteer: 1200 outpatient in 4 different clinics, 500 acute care in 2 different hospitals

Certifications: Basic Life Support/AED First Aid, and NIHSS - 1st Cert

Applied: Rocky Mountain University, Marymount, George Washington University, ODU, VCU, Murphy Deming, Lynchburg

Waitlist: Marymount (12/12), Lynchburg (3/1), ODU (3/1), GW (3/21)

Acceptances: ODU!!! Pulled off of the wait list on 4/4

Rejections: Rocky Mountain University, VCU

Interviews: Marymount(12/2), George Washington (12/1)

Attending: ODU!!!!

Wishing the best of luck to anyone else who is still waiting to receive an acceptance!

I've been very hesitated to posting on here. But I am looking for any advice that will help!

University: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee '17
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.09
Pre-Req GPA: 2.76
Last 60c: ~3.1
GRE: Planning to take

Extra-Curric:
- Milwaukee Panther Soccer Club Team Captain - 2016-2017
- Hmong Student Association: Public Relations Chair - 2015-2016
- Wisconsin Hmong College Coalition - 2014-2015

Volunteer:
- Spring of 2017 - I will be traveling to Peru for a Clinical Medicine Program.
- Froedtert and the Medical College of WI - Staff Volunteer
- Children's Hospital of WI: I worked as a Clinical Navigator that helped screened for social/environmental determinants (population health)
- Medical College of WI: I worked as a translator to help advocate for Hep B within the Hmong community
- American Multi-Student Leadership Conference (AMSLC) - Student Volunteer
- Hmong National Development Conference - Student Volunteer
- Milwaukee Hmong Health Consortium - Volunteer Leader
- 50 hours of Outpatient Work Comp observation hours

Work Experience:
- Froedtert and the Medical College of WI - Rehab Tech
- Caravel Autism Health - Behavior Tech 1
- High School Wrestling Coach - six years

I am aware that my pre-req GPA is quite low. After graduation of spring of 17, I did decided to take this year off to find what I truly enjoy. I currently work as a Rehab Tech @ Froedtert and the Medical College of WI in Acute Care (over 500+ hours). I am just overwhelmed with the statistics of each school I look into. I was told to really look into DPT programs that thrive on the last 60 credits, with that being said, what are some programs that look at the your last 60 credits? I believe UCSF does, and I will be going out there to visit with the PT student advisor. I have done extensive research but yet I still get overwhelmed. I am not afraid to go back school and to retake courses. It doesn't matter what program I get into, the end goal is to become a PT.

Advice is needed! I am quite nervous! I am not quite sure what to do at the moment. I would like to hear from others who have been on the same boat and has made it!

I've questioned myself to either go back to school to get my MPH or to go to PTA school (which is a not ideal from what I have been reading in these forums).

DPT programs planning to apply to:
- UW Madison (WI)
- UW LaCrosse (WI)
- Carroll University (WI)
- UCSF (CA)
- Regis University (CO)
- Oakland University (MI)
- AT Still (AZ)
- Touro University (Nevada)

best advice I can give you is look at the pre-reqs for the schools you want to apply and make sure they take count only the retakes, and retake all of them, EVEN if you got a B, you want to try to get your pGPA above 3.4 (at the very least). From there, prepare for your interviews, have a strong origins story and motivation...a USP (unique selling point). PT is not out of reach for you, and you are passionate so you NEED to make sure you get that across in a genuine and authentic way. My stats are pretty bad as well, but according to the advisors at st. Augustine, I'm decently competitive, and I have an interview next week. It's good that you are communicating with your advisors, because they will recognize you and look forward to seeing you at your interview. DON'T lose hope, and remember your 'why'!

I looked at this thread a ton when I was applying in the 2017-2018 cycle so I wanted to post my stats for all those getting ready for the next cycle, especially since they weren't the best!

University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology / Molecular and Cellular Biology (Certificate in Neuroscience) Dual Degree
Overall GPA: 3.23
Pre-Req GPA: didn't calculate but really wasn't great because of the biology degree
GRE: V157 Q161 W4.5
Hours: 115 total (26 in neurologic, 24 in pediatric, 21 in ortho/ integumentary, and 44 in acute care)
LOR: 3 (1 from a PT I had a great relationship with, 1 from my PI who happens to be on faculty at NU PT school, 1 from a professor I did research under)
EC: various volunteering positions, year of research in kinesiology, summer of research in biology personal assistant job (assisted students with activities of daily living) for one year at time of application, Pre-Physical Therapy Club member for 3 years and secretary for 1 year, XC/ Track Club member for 2 years, various random summer jobs

I loved Northwestern when I visited, and since I had connections there and could consider living at home I decided to apply early decision there because I thought it would give me the best odds considering my low GPA. I got accepted in September and can't wait to start, I hope this gives people with lower GPAs hope!

Reactions: 4 users
I looked at this thread a ton when I was applying in the 2017-2018 cycle so I wanted to post my stats for all those getting ready for the next cycle, especially since they weren't the best!

University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology / Molecular and Cellular Biology (Certificate in Neuroscience) Dual Degree
Overall GPA: 3.23
Pre-Req GPA: didn't calculate but really wasn't great because of the biology degree
GRE: V157 Q161 W4.5
Hours: 115 total (26 in neurologic, 24 in pediatric, 21 in ortho/ integumentary, and 44 in acute care)
LOR: 3 (1 from a PT I had a great relationship with, 1 from my PI who happens to be on faculty at NU PT school, 1 from a professor I did research under)
EC: various volunteering positions, year of research in kinesiology, summer of research in biology personal assistant job (assisted students with activities of daily living) for one year at time of application, Pre-Physical Therapy Club member for 3 years and secretary for 1 year, XC/ Track Club member for 2 years, various random summer jobs

I loved Northwestern when I visited, and since I had connections there and could consider living at home I decided to apply early decision there because I thought it would give me the best odds considering my low GPA. I got accepted in September and can't wait to start, I hope this gives people with lower GPAs hope!
Congrats on your acceptance! Where else did you apply to?

Congrats on your acceptance! Where else did you apply to?
Thank you! I only applied to Northwestern because I applied early decision, so I could only apply to one and it was binding once I was accepted.

Major: Health Science
GPA: 3.94
GRE: 1st- 144V, 150Q, 4.0W
2nd- 148V, 152Q, 3.5W
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor
Observation Hours: 600 outpatient peds, 30 outpatient ortho, 25 inpatient hospital

Applied: UF, UNF, UCF, USF, FIU, FGCU, University of St. Augustine (Flex)
Interviews: UNF (11/14), St. Augustine (11/18), UCF (12/13), FGCU (12/22-declined)
Acceptances: UNF (12/4), St. Augustine (12/4), USF (1/18), UCF (3/26)
Waitlists: UCF (2/9), UF (3/8)
Rejections:

Attending: UCF!!

Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions. I applied for St. Augustine's residency program before. Kinda thankful I didn't get in that program because it's sooo expensive compared to others. Make sure you look into that before applying!
Were you offered an interview??

Last & Final Update!

University: University of Louisville
Overall GPA: 3.93
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.73
GRE: V 152, Q 154, 4.0 AWA

EC: three different internships (research, one pt-related, wellness coaching), variety of jobs (physical therapy technician, healthy living coach at YMCA, federal work-study student, alley coordinator at Red Lobster), few volunteer experiences (Jeffersonville Halloween Downtown, IRONMAN Louisville, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, Louisville Grows, Our Revolution, Student Outreach Uniting Louisville)
Observations: INPATIENT: SNF, sub-acute; OUTPATIENT: general orthopedic,industrial/occupational,wellness/prevention/fitness = 4 sites (~860 hours total)
Achievements: 8 various awards/honors/scholarships
LORs: 2 physical therapists, 1 major professor, 1 science professor

Applying: Bellarmine University, Chatham University, Youngstown State University, Marshall University, Mount St. Joseph University, Western Kentucky University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Kentucky
Interviews: Bellarmine University (11/3) Chatham University (11/11) Mount St. Joseph University (11/17) Marshall University (1/4) Western Kentucky University (2/9-declined), University of Kentucky (3/2)
Acceptances: Chatham University (11/22-declined) Mount St. Joseph University (11/28-declined) Youngstown State University (12/6) Marshall University (1/27) University of Kentucky (3/12)
Hold/Wait List: Bellarmine University (11/10) University of Pittsburgh (1/31)
Rejections: N/A

Attending: University of Kentucky! :soexcited:(go cards lol)
Did you hear anything from Marshall??

1st cycle applying for PT school
Cum GPA: 3.56
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.4 depends on school
GRE: 151V, 145Q, 3.0W

Extra-Curricular: Treasurer and Member of the Exercise Science Club 3 yrs, NSLS, Serve Akron, member of ACSM-attended midwest conference 2 years

Volunteer: Make a Difference Day 4 years, relay for life 4 years, MLK service day 4 years

Employment: alumni call center, Supervisor at Cedar Point, PT aide

Honors: Cum Laude, Deans List, Multiple Scholarships

Cert: CPR and AED

Observation Hours: 727 total hours= 120 hours outpatient private practice, 42 outpatient hospital, 42 inpatient, 16 pediatrics, 627 working as a pt aide at a private practice

LORs: Instructor from Exercise Science department, 2 PTs

Applied To: Gannon University-Ruskin, Toledo, Youngstown, Marshall, Nova Ft. Laud., Wheeling Jesuit, Bellarmine, Dominican, High Point, USA, Clarkson

Acceptances: Clarkson University (10/25), Wheeling Jesuit (1/29)-declined

Rejections: High Point, Nova, Bellarmine

Waitlist:
Toledo, Marshall, Gannon

Interviews: Gannon-Ruskin (10/28), Wheeling Jesuit (1/26), Toledo (12/15), Marshall (1/5), University of St. Augustine (3/16)

Attending:
How long did it take to hear back from wheeling after interview??