GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by PREMEDWOAHS, Jul 22, 2007.

1. dpt216

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Yaaay, congrats on UNE!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Snovella

Snovella FutureDPT87

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Thank you :)

4. sp13579

Congrats! Did you get the call today?

future47 likes this.
  5. aquaholicPT

Physical Therapy Student
    Congratulations!!!

11DPT likes this.
  6. future47

Pre-Physical Therapy
    They only sent an email last friday, no call

7. jt128

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Do you know where you will be attending? Just curious :)

8. Ptking2105

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Have you heard anything from Gannon PA?

9. nimeria

Pre-Physical Therapy
    First time posting :)
    University: University of Missouri - Columbia (Mizzou)
    Major: Health Sciences
    Overall GPA: 3.53
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.1 - 3.92, depending on how re-taken classes are calculated
    GRE: 145Q, 164V, 6.0 AWA

Extra-Curricular: mentor for underprivileged youth (1 year), therapeutic horsemanship volunteer (2+ years), adult day center volunteer (1 year), completed a health professions internship abroad

Honors: Tau Sigma (transfer student honor society), Phi Theta Kappa (community college honor society), Dean’s List 2x

Certifications: Global Ambassadors for Patient Safety

Observation: 70 hours (10 hours pediatrics, 35 hours outpatient orthopedic, 25 hours inpatient acute abroad)

Letters of Recommendation: chemistry professor, therapeutic horsemanship supervisor, adult day center supervisor

Applied to: Washington University in St. Louis, Rockhurst, Mizzou
    Rejections: n/a
    Waitlisted: Wash U (2/9)
    Interviews: Rockhurst (declined), Mizzou (2/17)
    Acceptances: :happy:Mizzou!!!:happy: (2/20)

I am just so happy to finally know that I will be going to grad school this summer!! I was extremely worried that my GRE Quant score, along with my PTCAS pre-req GPA, would keep me from being accepted anywhere.

If you're like me and re-took more than one of your pre-reqs at a community college, I definitely suggest looking into programs that do not use PTCAS. Mizzou's system (thankfully) replaced my old grades with my new ones, giving me the 3.92 pre req GPA which helped my application out so much.

Good luck everyone!!

10. dgeazy

Pre-Physical Therapy
    ACCEPTANCE UPDATE

University: Ole Miss

Major: Exercise Science

Overall GPA: 3.69

Pre-Req GPA: 3.75

GRE: V 155 Q 145 AW 3.5

Extra-Curric: Assisted PhD student candidate with data collection in research project.
    2 semesters of research project within Exercise Psychology Lab
    Honors College
    Phi Theta Kappa Member
    Phi Theta Kappa Officer

Awards: Undergraduate award in exercise science, Chancellor's Honor Roll, Various scholarships

Observation: 152 hours
    Inpatient, Outpatient, Neuro and Vestibular, Pediatrics, Private practice (general, neuro, and sports)

Rec's: 2 PT's, 1Assistant Professor

Volunteer: Volunteer at 5K event for organ donation awareness, Read Across America event for youth literacy awareness, Halloween event for local elementary schools, Special Olympics events

Applications:Univ. Tennessee Chattanooga, UMMC, Belmont, USF, UAB, South Alabama, TX state

Waitlist: UT Chatt, UAB,
    Rejections: TX State, USF
    Interviews: Belmont (deferred), UMMC (rejected)

ACCEPTED: SOUTH ALABAMA

i honestly thought i wouldn’t get it in this cycle but everything worked out for the best. always remember to trust the process!

amlope03 likes this.
  11. jjdpt2020

Pre-Physical Therapy
    University:Arizona State University
    Major:Kinesiology
    Overall GPA: 3.52
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
    GRE:156 Verbal, 158 Math, 4.0 Writing

Extra-Curric: undergraduate research with professor, dance teacher, part of sun devil ski club, dean's list 6 times

Volunteer: Night to Shine, Research lab (for professor)

Obsevation: 155 hours (135 in outpatient ortho and 20 acute care hours)

LoR: 1 PT (did with internship), 1 professor (research professor), and boss for teaching dance

Applied: URI, NAU, Chapman

Interviews: URI (1/4/18), NAU (1/26/18)

Waitlisted: URI and Chapman

Rejections: None

Accepted: NAU Flagstaff campus (2/3/18)

Truly believed I would be taking a year off to strengthen my application! But very happy to be attending NAU flagstaff.

dpt628570 and amlope03 like this.
  12. PTlife2015

Pre-Physical Therapy
    What is the interview process like at Mizzou? Also how are the facilities? I grew up near columbia and I am planning to apply there next year, but I really haven’t heard much about the interview or the program in general.

13. shancribs

Physical Therapy Student
    I accepted both, but I will be attending Indiana State U!

jt128 likes this.
  14. shancribs

Physical Therapy Student
    I haven't heard anything besides that first phone call that they received my app. I also applied and interviewed at Gannon FL and still haven't heard anything over a month later.

15. Ptking2105

Pre-Physical Therapy
    They said they would be sending out the last round of acceptances here in late February. I only applied to the Erie campus and was invited to an information session, but it was canceled due to weather and have not heard anything since. I'm getting impatient.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. shancribs

Physical Therapy Student
    Ahh that's stressful. The Ruskin campus said 2-3 weeks and the interview was over 4 weeks ago.

18. digii

Pre-Physical Therapy

Congratulations on your acceptance! Do you remember when you sent your application into Mercy College? I still haven't heard back with any kind of decision.

19. FlyingGnome

I was accepted to Gannon, Erie on 1/26. I'm declining my spot there so I hope it helps someone out!

20. jpark116

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Not the poster you're referring to, but I applied for mercy during early decision and got accepted by January. One of my coworkers who is currently a second year student told me that some of the applicants who have interviewed would get decisions around April. So don't be too discoursged if you haven't heard back yet!

21. future47

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I had to contact them, called them directly and asked. It's doubtful that there will be movement off the waitlist for Mercy since I also saw that they opened a Mercy FB page of 2021 and it has 32 members enrolled. Crossing my fingers for you!

22. dpt4

Hi ! I applied to andrews and just got another email today saying they were in the second phase of holding my application? im not quite sure what that means! have you heard anything?!

23. PT_Student_123

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Final Update!

Majors: B.S. General Biology, University of California: San Diego

Prereq, Overall GPA, and Last 60 Units: pGPA: ~3.7-3.8, cGPA: 2.96, last 60 units: 3.8 GRE: 159Q, 149V, 5.0AW

Observation: 695 Outpatient Hours, 250 Inpatient Hours

Submitted to PTCAS: 8/1/17

Applying: Shenandoah University, AT Still University, CSU Northridge, East Tennessee State University, Emory & Henry College, Governors State University, MGHIHP, Regis University, Bellarmine University, South College, Tennessee State University, University of Arkansas Medical Sciences, University of Mary, High Point University, William Carey University, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, University of Saint Augustine San Marcos

Acceptance: AT Still University (10/9), MGH IHP (12/20), USA San Marcos (2/6)

Interview Invites: South College (Waitlisted 9/4), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Waitlisted 10/5), AT Still University (Accepted 10/6), Emory and Henry College (received invite on 10/23 for 11/18 interview - Declined), MGH IHP Open House Invitation (received invite on 11/1 for 12/2 - Attending [live stream]), University of Arkansas Medical Sciences (received invite on 11/20 for 12/1 interview - Declined,) Shenandoah University (received invite on 11/21 for 12/15 interview - Declined), Bellarmine University (Received Invite to Interview on 12/14 for 2/9/18 - Declined)

Rejection: Governors State University (11/17), Regis University (12/15), CSU Northridge, East Tennessee State University, Tennessee State University, University of Mary, High Point University, William Carey University

Final Decision: AT Still University !!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

amlope03 and maybeDPT? like this.
  24. carolinagirl44

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I’ve been watching this thread for years and I’m excited to finally post my stats!

University: UNC
    Major: Exercise and sport science
    Overall GPA: 3.08
    Masters GPA: 3.82
    Pre-Req GPA: varies but in the 3.5-3.6 range
    GRE: 152 Verbal, 155 Math, 3.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: meals on wheels, work with special needs community

Honors: Dean’s list a few times

Obsevation: 265 hours (198 inpatient, 43 outpatient, 24 home health)

LOR: 2 PTs and 1 professor (Graduate program director)

Applied: Duke, ECU, GWU, Methodist, UNC, WCU, Wingate, WSSU, Campbell, High Point

Interviews: Campbell, Methodist, GWU(declined)

Waitlisted: Methodist

Rejections: Duke, ECU, UNC, WCU, High Point

Accepted: Campbell, Methodist, Wingate, WSSU

25. JazzKid26

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Attending: UC San Francisco / San Francisco State :soexcited::love:

University
    : UCLA
    Major: Biochemistry
    Minor: LGBT Studies
    Overall GPA: 3.38
    Pre-Req GPA: ~3.5
    GRE: 162V, 162Q, 5.0AW

Extra-Curric: College Marching Band (4 years), Student leader in a pro-bono primary care clinic in Mexico (2 years), Volunteer in various health orgs, Study Abroad in Spain (3 months), Server at a Chain Restaurant (1 year)

Observation: PT Aide at an outpatient private practice (400 hours), Volunteer in inpatient hospital (50 hours), Volunteer in outpatient hospital clinic (80 hours)

LOR: 2 PTs (from PT aide experience) , 2 professors (LGBT studies + Microbio; the latter sent directly to 1 school), 1 employer (general manager of restaurant)

Applied: 9 Schools applied Aug-Sep. USC, UCSF/SFSU, Samuel Merritt, CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge, Northwestern, New York Medical College, Temple, Columbia

Acceptances: New York Medical College (Nov), Columbia (Nov), Temple (Dec), UCSF/SFSU (Feb), USC (Feb)

Waitlist: Samuel Merritt University (Jan), UCSF/SFSU (Jan)

Rejections: CSU Fresno (Dec), CSU Northridge (Jan), Northwestern (Dec)

Interviews: New York Medical College (Oct), Temple (Nov), Columbia (Nov), UCSF/SFSU (Jan)

Coming into this application process, I knew my main crux was going to be my "average" GPA. Wasn't low, wasn't high, and included multiple C's. And so I made sure to flesh out every other facet of my application (personal statement, additional essay responses, experiences, GRE, a diverse set of LORs), so that admissions committees could get a fuller picture of what I had to offer as a PT student. Fortunately, things worked out strongly in my favor and I could not feel more blessed. In just a few months I am going to start school at my dream PT program at UCSF/SFSU! I'm beyond stoked! If anyone wants feedback or general help on any part of your application, feel free to message me, I'll do what I can to help you. This forum helped me immensely, so I want to pay it forward =]

jjc_, Pt4Amputees, IL2021 and 2 others like this.
  26. klr2zu

Pre-Physical Therapy
    When were accepted off the waitlist from Methodist? That’s my top choice and I’m currently on the waitlist.

27. carolinagirl44

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I was accepted January 2nd and declined January 8th.
    Best of luck!

28. FutureDPTClass2021

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I was just accepted to Boston University off the waitlist! however, I've already put my deposit down at George Washington University. BU has always been the school I dreamed of going to, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone who is attending or has visited either school, do you have any input?

29. Octopussional

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    University: University of California, Riverside

Major: Biological Sciences, Medical Biology Track

Undergraduate GPA: 3.04

Overall GPA: 3.20

Prereq GPA: ~3.60

Last 60 GPA: 4.0

GRE: 155 V, 157 Q, 4.0 A (Plan on retaking with confidence that I will do better)

Licenses: AHA BLS, Pharmacy Technician

Experiences: 1800 hours as a patient transporter in a hospital. 2000 as a patient care technician mainly on the orthopedics unit but occasionally floating to other units. 500 as a pharmacy technician in retail. 400 as a clinical care volunteer (similar to CNAs but volunteer) in med-surg, SICU, pulmonary renal, radiology, orthopedics, and general surgery. 240 hours shadowing a physician and taking vitals.

Would like your opinion on if I have a chance of getting into PT school before devoting time and effort into researching and applying for schools. I am aware that I don't have any observation hours or know any physical therapists to write my letters as of right now. Just wanted to see my chances before I begin. Lets assume that I meet the minimum amount of observation hours for most schools, what do you think my chances are? Advice on how to improve and what schools to look would be appreciated. Thanks.

30. future47

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Update: ACCEPTANCE
    University
    : William Paterson University
    Major: BS - Biology
    Overall GPA: 3.43
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.32
    Science GPA: 3.40
    GRE: 152V 153 Q 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 200+ outpatient, 50+ inpatient (hospital), 100+ outpatient pediatrics

Work: 2 outpatient clinics

Applied:
    Dominican College
    Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
    Mercy College
    Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Newark/North Campus)
    Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (Stratford/South)
    Seton Hall University
    SUNY Downstate

(submitted: 9/1, verified: 9/15)

Recommendation Letters: 3 PT's and a former professor. (4 total)

Acceptances: RUTGERS North!!!! (Top choice school) LIU Brooklyn, Mercy College

Attending: Rutgers North :)

Rejections: Rutgers South,

Waitlist: Dominican

Just declined an acceptance to Mercy College! Hopefully it helps someone on here. Like I said before I really enjoyed their program and the layout of everything being a weekend only program.

amlope03 likes this.
  31. aer4

Pre-Physical Therapy

Congrats! I was wondering if you officially declined the LIU spot? Im trying to get off their waitlist!

32. future47

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I declined the spot last Wednesday officially

33. rahschultk1

Physical Therapist
    Has anyone heard from Bellarmine? I interviewed on February 9th and was curious if anyone else who interviewed on that day has heard anything.

IL2021 likes this.
  34. IL2021

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I interviewed on February 9th too and I haven't heard anything back yet

rahschultk1 likes this.
  35. Mainer127

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Congrats on the acceptances! When did you hear back from Winston Salem? I received an e-mail in January saying I made it to the next phase and they would be sending out final decisions before the end of February, but haven't heard anything final yet.

36. carolinagirl44

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Thank you! I received a call from Dr. White on Friday the 23rd. I have two weeks to accept and send a seat deposit.

37. bc0167

None of my PTCAS apps have a Pre-Req GPA. Is it because I am taking my last Pre-req now in College? Or am I just overlooking it?

38. drs17

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Your app won’t have it, you have to calculate it yourself based on the ptcas grading scale

bc0167 likes this.
  39. MLBPT

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Decision Update!!!

Major
    : Exercise Science
    Overall GPA: 3.62
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.8-3.9
    GRE: 154V, 150Q, 4.0W

Extra-Curric/Employment: Strength & conditioning intern @ private facility x 2, certified EMT, athletic trainer aide, study abroad, peer health educator, peer mentor, camp counselor, Baseball coach, missions work, bass guitarist, Campus ministry E-board, intramural softball,

LOR: 2 professors, 1 supervisor, 1 PT. My LOR's and personal statement are def the strengths in my app.

Volunteer: 80 total hours at three out-patient clinics

Applied to: Chatham U (10/2), Rosalind Franklin (10/5), UMES (10/5), Columbia U (10/24), UF (10/31), Mercer University (10/31),

Interviews: Chatham U (11/11), Columbia U (12/1), Mercer (1/20), Rosalind Franklin (declined), UMES (declined)

Acceptances: Chatham(11/23) Mercer U (2/22)

Rejections: UF, Columbia

ATTENDING: Mercer!!!

PassionateDPT21 and amlope03 like this.
  40. DrLaffDPTVA

Pre-Physical Therapy
    UPDATE: GRE SCORES IN Including AW
    University: Arizona State University
    Major: Communication (Minor: Tourism - Cert: International Business)
    ptCAS GPA - I calculated right around a 2.97
    ASU GPA - 3.03
    Post Bac GPA - 3.59 (41 credits done - 15 pending, possibly another 7-8 to take in the future depending on how this cycle goes)
    pGPA (2 pending for st. Augustine) - 3.67
    Last 45-60 (undergrad) - 3.10-3.15
    (All stats geared towards st. Augustine)

GRE - Q152 V163 W:4.5
    LORs - 3 PTs 1 A&P Professor

Extra Curric. - Worked as a personal trainer for 2.5 years, competed in men's physique shows (not that it matters), currently working for the Phoenix Veteran's Administration Mental Health Call Center, 45 hours of volunteer work at Honor Health (local hospital)

Observation Hours: 750 outpatient (I worked as a tech part-time for almost a year), 20 inpatient rehab, 16 in/out patient (at the phoenix VA PT clinic)

As of right now, I'm only applying to St. Augustine (Miami) while I finish up my pre-reqs for the rest of the programs to which I'll be applying (Touro NV and Bayshore, MGHIHP, UofF, and a few more depending on my final stats, and what happens with st. Augustine)

My hope is that somebody will give me an interview based on my letters, GRE, Pre-reqs, and most importantly personal statement. My main goal for PT is to be able to help veterans. Most of my friends have served (I didn't), and I believe I understand that demographic, and I truly enjoy working with them everyday. If you guys wouldn't mind, Please give me an honest assessment of what you think of my chances.

#7188 DrLaffDPTVA, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  41. beckywiththegoodhair

Pre-Physical Therapy
    University: Loyola University Chicago
    Major: Biology
    Overall GPA: 3.01 --> 2.59 undergrad GPA + 4.00 post bacc GPA (54 credits)
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.6 - 3.89
    GRE: 151V, 151Q, 4.5AW

Extra-Curric: Filipino cultural org (4 years w/ multiple positions on board), graphic design intern, women's intercollegiate football team (7 years; captain then coach), Enabling the Future (branch co-founder), various race/marathon volunteer, relay for life, nursing home activity aide, student center student supervisor

Observation: PT tech - outpatient ortho (2500 hours), PT tech - inpatient hospital (2500 hours), shadow - SNF (40 hours), shadow - sports clinic (50 hours), volunteer - inpatient and outpatient peds (200 hours)

LOR: 2 PTs (one's a supervisor) , 1 professors (post bacc physics), 1 OT

Applied: Emory & Henry, Regis, Mount St. Joseph, Rosalind Franklin, High Point University, South College

Interviews: Emory & Henry (Nov), South College (Nov), Mount St. Joseph (Jan)

Waitlist: Emory & Henry, Regis

Rejections: High Point, South College

Acceptances: Mount St. Joseph University :)

Posting for some low stat encouragement!

#7189 beckywiththegoodhair, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  42. aer4

Pre-Physical Therapy
    UPDATES!!!

Undergrad: University of Maryland
    Post Baccalaureate: Hofstra University
    Major: Psychology
    Overall GPA: 3.58
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.80
    GRE Scores: Q152 V148 AW3.5
    Hours: 800+ outpatient, 50 inpatient
    Additional: Dean's List, member of Delta Phi Epsilon, sorority committees, research assistant, teaching assistant
    LOR: 3 PTs (+2 letters of confirmation of hours/recommendations), 1 chemistry professor

Applying to:
    Arcadia, Hunter, LIU, MUSC, NYU, Rutgers (north and south), Seton Hall, Stony Brook, SUNY Downstate, Touro, UCONN, Delaware, UMD
    Acceptances: Touro Bay Shore (11/20), NYU (12/21), Rutgers North (1/4), NYIT (3/5), Stony Brook (3/27)
    Rejections: MUSC (12/13), Rutgers South (12/21), Hunter, Delaware, UMD, Arcadia, UConn (3/21)
    Interviews: Stony Brook (11/10), NYIT (11/19), NYU (12/1), Rutgers North (12/8), Hunter (12/15), LIU (1/26), SUNY Downstate (1/18--declined)
    Waitlists: Stony Brook (12/13), NYIT (11/28), LIU

so far I declined my seat at touro, NYIT, Stony Brook and Rutgers

#7190 aer4, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  43. TangerineBerry

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I'm so excited to be posting here after such a gruesome wait! I got waitlisted at all 5 schools that I applied to and was starting to doubt that I would get into a program this year. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!!

University
    : UC Berkeley
    Major: Nutritional Sciences
    Overall GPA: 3.63
    GRE: 156V, 157Q, 4.5AW

Extra-Curric: Myopia research (2 years), Dragon Boat (4 years, 1 year as coach), SURF Research Fellow, Undergrad student instructor for Physiology lab, Lab Assistant at Science Hall (2 years)

Observation: PT Aide at an outpatient practice (~2000 hours, Current), Volunteer in Children's Hospital inpatient pediatric rehab (28 hours), Volunteer in outpatient Sports Medicine (21 hours), Volunteer at SNF (45 hours), Volunteer at outpatient practice (84 hours)

LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor (myopia research), 1 employer

Applied: USC, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, CSULB, Northridge
    Waitlisted: USC (2/16), Chapman (2/2), Samuel Merritt (#38, 1/16), CSULB (High Tier, 1/15), Northridge (#84, 1/19)
    Accepted: USC (3/6)!!:soexcited:

Istoriaphile, MA12345, knr32 and 4 others like this.
  44. L_0682

Pre-Physical Therapy
    How did you feel about South College? I have heard mixed reviews. What was their interview process like?

turner22 and dpt4 like this.
  45. DrLaffDPTVA

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Your stats are basically the same as mine, thank you so much for the encouragement! It really does help a lot, I am going to be applying for st. Augustine's flex program, and then for like 12 other programs, and it seems like I will get in somewhere. Congrats on your acceptance!

46. kroc

Pre-Physical Therapy
    ACCEPTANCE UPDATE!
    School: University of Virginia
    Major: Kinesiology
    Cum GPA: 3.05
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.26-3.4
    GRE: 152V 162Q 4.0AW
    Hours: 350 hours individuals with disabilities, 30 hours hospital, 102 hours sports medicine, 1300+ hours outpatient
    LOR: 2 PTs (both work supervisors), 1 Prof, 1 non-PT employer

Submitted: Late August/early September

Applied: Chatham University, University of Puget Sound, University of Pittsburgh, Brenau University, Rocky Mountain University of the Health Sciences, Regis University, Methodist University, Marymount University
    Rejections: Rocky Mountain University of the Health Sciences, Regis University, Marymount University, never heard from Brenau so I'm assuming rejection
    Interviews: Methodist University (12/2)
    Waitlist: Methodist University, University of Pittsburgh, Chatham University
    Acceptances: Methodist University (3/9)
    Attending: Methodist University!!!! :)

amlope03 likes this.
  47. beckywiththegoodhair

Pre-Physical Therapy
    All the current students I've talked to really like the program. I thought the program was alright. I think it's still pretty expensive to be an online program, but you don't have to pay for room/board. The interview is 5 questions. You get 20 seconds per question to prep and 4 minutes to answer. The standard questions: strengths, weaknesses, cheating classmate, etc.

L_0682 likes this.
  48. beckywiththegoodhair

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions. I applied for St. Augustine's residency program before. Kinda thankful I didn't get in that program because it's sooo expensive compared to others. Make sure you look into that before applying!

#7196 beckywiththegoodhair, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    DrLaffDPTVA likes this.
  49. amlope03

Physical Therapy Student
    Last & Final Update!

University: University of Louisville
    Major: Exercise Science
    Overall GPA: 3.93
    Pre-Req GPA: ~3.73
    GRE: V 152, Q 154, 4.0 AWA

EC: three different internships (research, one pt-related, wellness coaching), variety of jobs (physical therapy technician, healthy living coach at YMCA, federal work-study student, alley coordinator at Red Lobster), few volunteer experiences (Jeffersonville Halloween Downtown, IRONMAN Louisville, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, Louisville Grows, Our Revolution, Student Outreach Uniting Louisville)
    Observations: INPATIENT: SNF, sub-acute; OUTPATIENT: general orthopedic,industrial/occupational,wellness/prevention/fitness = 4 sites (~860 hours total)
    Achievements: 8 various awards/honors/scholarships
    LORs: 2 physical therapists, 1 major professor, 1 science professor

Applying: Bellarmine University, Chatham University, Youngstown State University, Marshall University, Mount St. Joseph University, Western Kentucky University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Kentucky
    Interviews: Bellarmine University (11/3) Chatham University (11/11) Mount St. Joseph University (11/17) Marshall University (1/4) Western Kentucky University (2/9-declined), University of Kentucky (3/2)
    Acceptances: Chatham University (11/22-declined) Mount St. Joseph University (11/28-declined) Youngstown State University (12/6) Marshall University (1/27) University of Kentucky (3/12)
    Hold/Wait List: Bellarmine University (11/10) University of Pittsburgh (1/31)
    Rejections: N/A

Attending: University of Kentucky! :soexcited:(go cards lol)

#7197 amlope03, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Chewie616, Pachin, aer4 and 3 others like this.
  50. dpt216

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Final Update!!!

Undergrad: University of Florida
    Major: Economics
    Overall GPA: 3.59
    Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-3.85 depending on the program
    GRE: 158V, 159Q, 4.5W
    LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 healthcare professional
    Extra-curriculars: Intramural Tennis, Gardening Club, Sorority, HospitalVolunteering
    Honors: Cum Laude, Dean's List, President's List, Sorority Academic Award, Economics Honor Society, Academic Honor Society
    Observation Hours: 170 total; 102 inpatient geriatric, 68 outpatient orthopedic and pediatric

Applied: Lynchburg, UNF, UCF, Marymount, UNE, URI, Duke, South Carolina
    Acceptances: Lynchburg (12/5), University of South Carolina (12/6), Marymount (12/6), URI (1/9), UNE (2/8), UCF (2/14), Duke University (3/12)
    Waitlisted: UNF (12/4), UNE (12/18), UCF (2/9)
    Rejections:
    Interviews: UNF (11/14), UCF (11/17), Marymount (12/2), UNE (12/8), URI (1/4)

**Attending: DUKE UNIVERSITY!!!:soexcited:

#7198 dpt216, Mar 12, 2018
    Istoriaphile, IL2021, knr32 and 2 others like this.
  51. NCC1701D

Undergrad: University of Washington
    Major: German/International Studies
    Graduate: University of Pittsburgh
    Program: History and Philosophy of Science
    Overall GPA: 3.83
    Pre-Req GPA: ~3.95
    GRE: V 168, Q 159, AW 5.0
    LOR: 2 PTs, 2 science professors, dissertation advisor
    Observation Hours: 168 outpatient, 28 inpatient
    EC:3 years teaching experience as grad student (both as TA and independently), USAPL referee, volunteering at PT clinic

Applied: University of Kentucky
    Interview: University of Kentucky (3/2)
    Rejection: University of Kentucky (3/12)

:(

#7199 NCC1701D, Mar 12, 2018
  52. dpt628570

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Those are impressive stats! Did you only applied to one school...?