GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GPA: 3.46 pre-req: 3.44 most of the schools I applied had higher gpa avg for their accepted students. Though I tried to make up for it with diverse experiences.
I say your gpa is good

Members don't see this ad.

Undergrad: Oklahoma State University
Major: Nutritional Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.73
Math/Science GPA: 3.43
GRE: Verbal: 156, Quant: 155 Writing: 4.0

Observation: 24 outpatient ortho/sports, 15 Inpatient, 10 Nursing Home, 910 Outpatient (paid), 10 Home Health, 2 Sub-Acute Rehab 971 Hours Total.

LOR’s: 1 PT, 1 PTA, Nutrition Professor, Work Supervisor

EC’s: PT Club Exec, Conference Executive Team (2 Yrs), Honors Club Executive Team, Social Fraternity, Camp Counselor, Nutritional Sciences Club

Applied: University of Oklahoma, Langston Univ., Missouri State, Central Arkansas, Arkansas State, Harding
Interviews: Harding (11/9), Central Arkansas (12/7), Langston (2/12)
Rejections: Missouri St.
Waitlisted: Central Arkansas (12/15), Arkansas State (3/1)
Accepted: Harding (12/10), Langston (3/1), OU (3/5)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! :]

University: San Francisco State University
Major: Kinesiology, Neuromuscular Science; Minor: Asian American Studies
Overall GPA: 3.65 ?
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.7 depending on school

Extra-Curric: Powerlifting (USPA, elite status), NPC Bikini Division (body building)... more

Volunteer: church choir (19 years), Health fairs, military care packages, Coasta clean ups... more

Observation: 500+ hours combination of inpatient/outpatient as an aide and as a volunteer

Applied: Long Island University, Franklin Pierce University (AZ), Loma Linda University, St. Augustine - San Marcos, West Coast University

Interviews: LIU (12/4, attended), LLU (2/6 attended) USA- San Marcos (3/5 attending), WCU (3/15, attending)

Acceptances: LIU (1/30, declined), FPU (2/26)

I was told that LLU is already full and they will be taking from their alternate list once students respond.

Does anyone have any information on FPU- AZ campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
University: UNLV
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.39
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4
GRE: 149V/151Q/5.0W

Extra: 1000+ hours as PT tech, 20-30 hours in acute care, wound care, pediatrics, employee health

Volunteer: 1 year volunteer for hospital staff in ortho/neuro units, yoga teacher for people w MS, for health festivals, kids festivals, and for special needs kids, also work for nonprofit to teach kids yoga in foster care

Acceptances: Midwestern- Glendale (11/2)
Touro University *declined* (2/4)

Waitlisted: UNLV (2/11)

Rejections: NAU, U of Colorado, U of North Texas

Interviews: UNLV, Midwestern

Still waiting to hear from Franklin Pierce (AZ)... anyone hear from them yet?

Wanted to post my stats to show people that a holistic application will help you too if your GPA & GRE aren’t competitive. Don’t give up!

Yes, I heard from them 2/22, they offered a spot on the waitlist and was accepted this morning! What do you know about the program/facility?

Some encouragement for those of you who may not have the best stats. My GPA wasn't as strong as I would have liked and the Verbal portion of my GRE was below the recommended score. I think what really helped me was the personal statement as well as the individual essays each school required.

University:
Florida International University
Major: Nutrition Science
Overall GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.7
GRE: Verbal: 146, Quant: 152, Writing: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard

Volunteer: Anatomy Lab Learning Assistant

Observation: 500+ hours as an aide and volunteer

Applied: Florida International University, NOVA Southeastern University (Ft.Lauderdale campus), University of Miami, University of St. Augustine (Miami campus)

Interviews: University of St. Augustine (12/7)

Rejections: University of Miami

Waitlisted:
NOVA Southeastern University (Ft.Lauderdale campus) (12/18)

Acceptances: University of St. Augustine (12/19), NOVA Southeastern University (2/25)

Glad to announce that I'll be attending NOVA Southeastern University!

Hey everyone! I can’t believe I get to post about my acceptance :)
I never thought that I would get to this point. I am a non-traditional college student. I dropped out of high school and started working in a grocery store. I got my GED and tried to go to college in my early 20s but did very badly. After 10 years I decided to pursue college seriously. Even though I did well on my pre-reqs and graduated with honors with my bachelors degree, it took me almost 5 years to get my cGPA up to 3.25.

This was my first time applying and I only applied to one school. So I’m still in shock that I actually made it in. There’s hope for students that didn’t have a great start in the beginning of college. Don’t give up!

University: Portland State University
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.25
Pre-Req GPA: 3.77
GRE: n/a

Extracurric/Experiences: Worked at a grocery store for 10 years. Biology learning assistant for 1 term. Orthopedic surgery unit volunteer for 1 1/2 years. Therapy aide at hospital for 1 year (adult acute care aide, outpatient admin support and pediatrics aide)

Observation Hours:
1700+ hours a volunteer and Therapy aide.

Acceptances: George Fox University :) (pulled from waitlist)

Rejections: none

Interviews: George Fox University

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I can’t believe I get to post about my acceptance :)
I never thought that I would get to this point. I am a non-traditional college student. I dropped out of high school and started working in a grocery store. I got my GED and tried to go to college in my early 20s but did very badly. After 10 years I decided to pursue college seriously. Even though I did well on my pre-reqs and graduated with honors with my bachelors degree, it took me almost 5 years to get my cGPA up to 3.25.

This was my first time applying and I only applied to one school. So I’m still in shock that I actually made it in. There’s hope for students that didn’t have a great start in the beginning of college. Don’t give up!

University: Portland State University
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.25
Pre-Req GPA: 3.77
GRE: n/a

Extracurric/Experiences: Worked at a grocery store for 10 years. Biology learning assistant for 1 term. Orthopedic surgery unit volunteer for 1 1/2 years. Therapy aide at hospital for 1 year (adult acute care aide, outpatient admin support and pediatrics aide)

Observation Hours:
1700+ hours a volunteer and Therapy aide.

Acceptances: George Fox University :) (pulled from waitlist)

Interviews: George Fox University
congrats!!! do u know what rank number u were in from the waitlist? and did u email them any updates about your application when u were still on the waitlist?

congrats!!! do u know what rank number u were in from the waitlist? and did u email them any updates about your application when u were still on the waitlist?
Thanks! I was #8 on the waitlist. I sent an email and asked about how the waitlist worked and expressed my interest in the program. George Fox was really good about letting people know where they were on the waitlist and when we would receive updates. They told us after the first round of acceptances they would send out waitlist updates on the 1st and 15th of every month. Yesterday was the first day they pull from the waitlist and I guess they pulled the first 12 :)

For those who applied to South College: how long did it take to get a decision after completing the interview?

Excited to finally post my stats!

Undergrad: San Diego State University
Major: Kinesiology with an emphasis in Pre-Physical Therapy, minor in Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.65 (Dean's list 5 consecutive semesters, 17+ units per semester for 7 semesters)
Prereq GPA: 3.57
GRE: 157v, 157q, 4.0a

Extracurriculars
: Worked for 3/4 years of college, 15-30 hours/week, anatomy lab undergraduate TA, exec board of a club for over a year, undergraduate research

Observation hours
: 350+ (2 outpatient ortho, 1 inpatient ortho, 1 outpatient neuro)

Applied
: University of New Mexico, CSU Fresno, CSULB, CSUN, SDSU, Samuel Merritt, NAU, UCSF, Sacramento State, UNLV

Interviews
: University of New Mexico (declined), Fresno, UNLV, UCSF, Sac State

Rejected
: NAU, UCSF, Samuel Merritt

Waitlisted
: CSULB, CSUN, Sac State, SDSU, UNLV, Fresno

Accepted
: UNLV (from waitlist, will be attending!!), Fresno State (from waitlist, declined)

Good luck to those who applied this cycle and those applying for future cycles!

Yes, I heard from them 2/22, they offered a spot on the waitlist and was accepted this morning! What do you know about the program/facility?

I just know they’ve got a diverse curriculum & there isn’t a real campus for the AZ location. However, their stats are great. I declined my waitlist position last week. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Elon
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.59
Pre-Req GPA: 2.9-3.2
GRE: 158 V, 153 Q, 5.5 W
References: 2 PT, 2 professors
Shadowing hours: 114 total, mostly outpatient

Extra Curriculars: facilities manager at Elon University Campus Recreation for 3 years, external philanthropy chair of sorority for 1 year, disability services academic mentor for 2 years, volunteer at Global Medical Brigades & brigade to Nicaragua, assistant scholarship chair of sorority for 1 year, certified personal trainer since 7/17, worked as personal trainer at Campus Recreation for 1 year, VP of wellness for exercise science society for 1 year, tutor for intro to ESS for 1 year, TA for exercise physiology for 1 semester, TA for exercise testing and prescription for 1 semester, tutor for bioenergetics for 1 semester, president's list, dean's list, Kappa Omicron Nu (ESS honor society)
Applied: USC, East TN State, MUSC, WVU, Radford, Hampton, Augusta, WCU, GSU, Duke, U of Kentucky, U of TN at Chattanooga, Bellarmine, Mercer (all applications submitted on 9/13)
Acceptances: none
Interviews: Augusta University (email invitation to interview received 9/21)

**UPDATE**: I was waitlisted at USC, Mercer, and ODU. I was rejected from Duke, GSU, Chattanooga, and MUSC. I received interviews at Radford, Elon, Hampton, Augusta, WCU, Mercer, and UK. I declined my Radford interview and was accepted at Augusta, WCU, Elon, Hampton, and UK.
---I received an interview for the University of Kentucky mid-February, attended the interview on March 1st, and received my acceptance on March 13th! I will be attending-- go Wildcats!!!

Last edited:
University: Western Kentucky University
Overall GPA: 3.78
Pre Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 152 Verbal, 153 Math, 4.0 Writing
Observation Hours: 450 in outpatient and inpatient
Extra Curriculars: Vice President in organization, have done a lot of volunteer work (lead philanthropy fundraising and service for my organization), fund-raise each year for children's hospitals, lead adult day care activities, in a leadership society
Honors: Dean's and President's List

Applied: Tennessee State University, University of Indianapolis, University of Evansville, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, University of Kentucky, Washington University in St. Louis, South College
Waitlisted: University of Indianapolis, University of Evansville, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Washington University in St. Louis
Rejections: Tennessee State University
Accepted: University of Kentucky, University of Evansville, Washington University, South College

University: Western Kentucky University
Overall GPA: 3.78
Pre Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 152 Verbal, 153 Math, 4.0 Writing
Observation Hours: 450 in outpatient and inpatient
Extra Curriculars: Vice President in organization, have done a lot of volunteer work (lead philanthropy fundraising and service for my organization), fund-raise each year for children's hospitals, lead adult day care activities, in a leadership society
Honors: Dean's and President's List

Applied: Tennessee State University, University of Indianapolis, University of Evansville, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, University of Kentucky, Washington University in St. Louis, South College
Waitlisted: University of Indianapolis, University of Evansville, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Washington University in St. Louis
Rejections: Tennessee State University
Accepted: University of Kentucky, University of Evansville, Washington University, South College

Where will you be attending?

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard from SUNY Downstate yet? I have not received an interview yet and am getting a little nervous...

UPDATE!!!!!!
Just got accepted by two schools this week! What a relief! I am an international student and becoming a physical therapist is the reason I came to U.S for college, now I feel like I have never been so close to my dream.
The challenge will continue and there is still a long way to go, but I am excited to start my next journey!

Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.57-3.65 (depending on schools)
GRE: 147(V) 156(Q) 3(AW)

Extra-Curriculum: Research Assistant for research involve “human response in special environment”(one semester), Medical Assistant Internship(one semester), Student Trainer for designing Circuit Training Exercises(one semester), Student Althletic Event Staff for four football games, Student Employee at one of the dinning places on campus(one semester)

Volunteer: Make A Wish Volunteer for 30 hours, Orientation Volunteer for 18 hours, Volunteered at several other volunteer events.

Applied: LIU, UIC(no interview), SUNY Buffalo(no interview), Elon, Duke, UNT, Belmont, University of Indianapolis, D’Youville(no interview), UNE, Washington University of St Louis(no interview)

Acceptances: LIU(1/3), SUNY Buffalo(2/6), Elon(2/7), UNE(3/6)

Rejections: UNT, Belmont, Duke, D’Youville, Ulndy

Waitlist: UNE(2/20), UIC(12/14/2018), LIU(12/10/2018), Washington University of St Louis(1/31), waitlist to interview at University of Indianapolis(10/30)

Interviews: LIU(11/30), Elon(2/4), UNE(2/7)

What are the odds of being pulled from a waitlist where the class is currently full? Anyone experienced this before? I was told I was in the Top-tier of the waitlist which is good at least.

What are the odds of being pulled from a waitlist where the class is currently full? Anyone experienced this before? I was told I was in the Top-tier of the waitlist which is good at least.
Depends on the school I think, which program is it for?

Admittedly, I have a very unique circumstance as a non-traditional applicant and acceptance, but I hope that my story brings hope to someone out there that anything is possible.

Undergraduate: University of Tennessee-Martin (graduated 2013)
Major: Health and Human Performance (Exercise Science)
cGPA: 3.66
Graduate: University of Oklahoma (graduated 2018)
Major: Master of Arts in Human and Health Services Administration
cGPA: 4.0, bumping overall GPA to 3.72 in PTCAS application.
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1

GRE: 149V/150Q/4.0W

Extracurriculars: Army ROTC Cadet, sports intramurals, member of AOII Fraternity, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society

Employment: Army Officer, leaving Active Duty after 6 years of service as a Captain.

Acceptance: OU

Waitlisted: OU

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: N/A

Pulled application from ETSU after receiving acceptance from OU.

My original goal was to apply to PT school after my undergrad to the Army Baylor PT program as a freshly new commissioned officer. Instead, I decided to commission right after college as a Second Lieutenant Human Resources Officer, primarily due to demands of being dual military (married to another service member) and his deployment.

During my 6 years, I completed a master’s degree to continue my education and build my resume. When my husband and I made the decision to leave the Army, we agreed that this is my time to apply to PT School if it is something I really want to do. I took the risk and applied. I knew my scores would be average in comparison to previously accepted applicants but I also knew my resume told a unique story about me and my experiences. For the past year, I dedicated weekends and leave to complete observation hours. I studied and completed the GRE while working full-time. I received the best references I could from a PT I really admire from observing as well as two of my former commanders.

I was a little down when I was initially notified from OU that I was waitlisted, already full of high levels of nerves with leaving the Army and wanting to know what my new chapter will entail. However, receiving my acceptance letter a week later was the most fulfilling and worthwhile experience I could ask for.

My advice: Anything is possible for anyone. Don’t lose hope, because the light at the end is bound to appear. I’ve read these forums for some time while waiting for my answer and the advice and personal stories have been invaluable and brought me a sense of hope while waiting.

Admittedly, I have a very unique circumstance as a non-traditional applicant and acceptance, but I hope that my story brings hope to someone out there that anything is possible.

Undergraduate: University of Tennessee-Martin (graduated 2013)
Major: Health and Human Performance (Exercise Science)
cGPA: 3.66
Graduate: University of Oklahoma (graduated 2018)
Major: Master of Arts in Human and Health Services Administration
cGPA: 4.0, bumping overall GPA to 3.72 in PTCAS application.
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1

GRE: 149V/150Q/4.0W

Extracurriculars: Army ROTC Cadet, sports intramurals, member of AOII Fraternity, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society

Employment: Army Officer, leaving Active Duty after 6 years of service as a Captain.

Acceptance: OU

Waitlisted: OU

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: N/A

Pulled application from ETSU after receiving acceptance from OU.

My original goal was to apply to PT school after my undergrad to the Army Baylor PT program as a freshly new commissioned officer. Instead, I decided to commission right after college as a Second Lieutenant Human Resources Officer, primarily due to demands of being dual military (married to another service member) and his deployment.

During my 6 years, I completed a master’s degree to continue my education and build my resume. When my husband and I made the decision to leave the Army, we agreed that this is my time to apply to PT School if it is something I really want to do. I took the risk and applied. I knew my scores would be average in comparison to previously accepted applicants but I also knew my resume told a unique story about me and my experiences. For the past year, I dedicated weekends and leave to complete observation hours. I studied and completed the GRE while working full-time. I received the best references I could from a PT I really admire from observing as well as two of my former commanders.

I was a little down when I was initially notified from OU that I was waitlisted, already full of high levels of nerves with leaving the Army and wanting to know what my new chapter will entail. However, receiving my acceptance letter a week later was the most fulfilling and worthwhile experience I could ask for.

My advice: Anything is possible for anyone. Don’t lose hope, because the light at the end is bound to appear. I’ve read these forums for some time while waiting for my answer and the advice and personal stories have been invaluable and brought me a sense of hope while waiting.

WOW even with a good cGPA they put you on the waitlist!? OMG this kills my confidence.

Just wanted to keep it going!

Undergraduate:
Florida State University, graduated May 2018
Major: Exercise Physiology
Minor: Child Development
Overall GPA: 3.61
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.75
GRE Scores: Q146, V158, W4.0

Experience Hours: 462, 312 volunteer Outpatient in ortho, geriatrics, neuro, and 150 paid Inpatient with ortho, geriatrics, neuro, wound care, cardio
Volunteer hours: 400+ over the course of undergrad
LOR: 2 supervising PTs from the outpatient clinic and 1 from a major professor
Extra-Curricular: Served as Social Coordinator, Philanthropic Coordinator, and VP Recruitment of my Panhellenic Sorority, was a fundraising captain for Dance Marathon, Honors Peer Mentor in the honors program, Habitat for humanity member, and currently working as a patient services rep in a pain management clinic full time. FSU scholarship recipient. Service Scholarship Recipeint. BLS certified.

Applied: UCF, UF, South Alabama, and FAMU
Applying To: maybe St. Augustine
Acceptances: FAMU!:soexcited:, South Alabama (3/29)
Interviews: South Alabama (Feb 1st), and UCF (turned down bc was also on Feb 1st) so far
Waitlist: South Alabama
Rejections: UF

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Currently a Junior in undergrad
Major:
Exercise Science
Minor: Integrative Health
Overall GPA: 3.4281
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2

Volunteer/Observation hours:
Over 400 hours as pt aide from 3 outpatient clinics,

Extra Curriculars/Experiences:
Strength&Conditioning internship, PT internship, Pre-Health Club, Holistic Health Club Vice President, Habitat for Humanity, Nursing Club, Emerging Leaders, Gaming Club, Anime Club, CPR/First Aid certified, Deans list, Kappa Omicron Nu National Honor Society, Lambda Phi Chi fraternity, Varsity football, track, lacrosse, United States Powerlifting Association Member, Infinity MMA, Ocean Cleanup Crew.

can someone please tell me if these are good enough to get into school. I'm obviously not applying with this gpa bc im a junior but am I at least on a good standing?

Major:
Exercise Science

Volunteer/Observation hours:
Over 400 hours as pt aide from 3 outpatient clinics,

Extra Curriculars/Experiences:
Strength&Conditioning internship, PT internship, Pre-Health Club, Holistic Health Club Vice President, Habitat for Humanity, Nursing Club, Emerging Leaders, Gaming Club, Anime Club, CPR/First Aid certified, Deans list, Kappa Omicron Nu National Honor Society, Lambda Phi Chi fraternity, Varsity football, track, lacrosse, United States Powerlifting Association Member, Infinity MMA, Ocean Cleanup Crew.

can someone please tell me if these are good enough to get into school. I'm obviously not applying with this gpa bc im a junior but am I at least on a good standing?

I would try to bump up your GPA more. You can get in with your GPA, but it depends on the school. I got in with a lower GPA, but I applied to schools that liked a more holistic application. Do awesome on the GRE, that will help. Also, you need some inpatient hours and not just outpatient. The more variety of experience, the better. Schools I’ve noticed cared more about the multiple fields I observed rather than the amount of hours I had.

Final update

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22-3.3 depending on school
Post-Bac GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0 (Best of 2)
Hours: 1,500+ outpatient as an PT aide on Air Force Base
LOR: 1 PT, Owner of Air Force Base PT clinic, 2 professors

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Dominican College, Plymouth State, Husson U, MCPHS, West Coast U, University of St. Augustine, D'Youville College, RMUoHP

Acceptances: Plymouth State University (2/1), Wheeling Jesuit University (Declined), Franklin Pierce University (4/16)

Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit 11/9, Dominican College 12/7, University of Mary (Declined), High Point U (Declined), UNE (Declined), Plymouth State (2/1), Marist College (Declined), MCPHS (declined), South College (Declined), University of St. Augustine (Declined)

Rejections: Baylor University, RMUoHP, Dominican
College, Western U, West Coast U, D’Youville

Waitlist: Wheeling Jesuit (#19), Franklin Pierce

Thank you guys for all the help in my last 2 years of applying

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I would try to bump up your GPA more. You can get in with your GPA, but it depends on the school. I got in with a lower GPA, but I applied to schools that liked a more holistic application. Do awesome on the GRE, that will help. Also, you need some inpatient hours and not just outpatient. The more variety of experience, the better. Schools I’ve noticed cared more about the multiple fields I observed rather than the amount of hours I had.

Do you mind if I ask what schools you applied to? I have a very strong knowledge of holistic health. I'll definitely try to get outpatient hours and bump up my gpa!

A little update about my stats and some hope for those out there with a lower GPA!

University: University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.6ish depending on the school
GRE: 307 (157 Math, 150 Verbal, 4.0 Writing)

Extra-Curric: Pre-Physical Therapy club, Kinesiology Student Association, Research Assistant for Kines. Dept., exec board of sorority, kines class TA, employed at the ice arena as an instructor

Volunteer: 50 hours Pediatric outpatient, 150 hours outpatient, 50 hours inpatient

Acceptances: MGH IHP

Rejections: Des Moines University, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern, Governors State

Waitlisted: MGH IHP, University of Indianapolis

Interviews: Rosalind Franklin

Waiting: Hampton University

Undergrad: California State University, Northridge
Major: Communications
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
Post-Bac GPA: 3.95
GRE Scores: Q-156 V-162 AW-4.5
Hours: 2,000+ outpatient working as a PT aide
LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 employer

Applied: USC, CSUN, Chapman, West Coast University, Mayo Clinic, Baylor University Hybrid

Interviews: Mayo Clinic (Declined), Baylor U Hybrid, West Coast U

Acceptances: USC, CSUN, Chapman, West Coast U

Rejections: Baylor Hybrid

Waitlist: CSUN (#31)

Attending: CSUN

Undergrad: College of Charleston & Virginia Tech
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.0-3.2 (depending on school)
GRE: Verbal 152, Math 155, Writing 4.0
LOR: 2 PT, 1 professor, 1 employer

Extra Curricular (during undergrad): Sorority member, club soccer, club soccer president 1 year, assistant manager of an icecream store, intramural sports, wellness center intern at an ALF, group leader for an aquatic/motor therapy after school program, squash clinic & tutor volunteer.

Volunteer: 50 hours in various outpatient clinics, 2+ years full time job as the rehab aide and admin assistant for rehab department in a skilled nursing facility.

Interviews: NYU, GWU, Emory & Henry (declined)

Waitlists: NYU, GWU, MUSC, UW, Elon (to interview but declined)

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson, High Point, Marymount, Mary Baldwin, Marshall

Acceptances: University of Lynchburg, Touro NY, MUSC

Attending: MUSC

Last edited:
Please let me know your thoughts about my chances to get accepted in either Southern California or Las Vegas?

I am planning to apply for this upcoming cycle:

Undergrad and Grad: California State University, Northridge
Major Bachelor: Political Science
Major Masters: Political Science
Bachelor GPA: 3.67
Masters GPA: 3.81
Pre-Req GPA and Science:
Overall GPA: 3.8ish
GRE Scores: Q-149 V-160 AW-3.5
Hours: 200 outpatient, Planning to do 60 -100 inpatient
LOR: 1 PT, 2 professors,

Planning to Apply: CSUN, Chapman, West Coast University, Mount Saint Mary, UNLV, Touro (NV), Azuza Pacific, Western University, Long Beach

I understand my quant score is not very great- I was having an off day. Unfortunately, I can't re-do the GRE for this period, as I might be very busy finishing my observation hours. But, please let me know what do you think of my chances to get accepted to any of these schools?

Last edited:

Applied: USC, CSUN, Chapman, West Coast University, Mayo Clinic, Baylor University Hybrid

Have you rejected your acceptance to West Coast already since you're attending CSUN?

Major:
Exercise Science

Volunteer/Observation hours: Over 400 hours as pt aide from 3 outpatient clinics,

Extra Curriculars/Experiences: Strength&Conditioning internship, PT internship, Pre-Health Club, Holistic Health Club Vice President, Habitat for Humanity, Nursing Club, Emerging Leaders, Gaming Club, Anime Club, CPR/First Aid certified, Deans list, Kappa Omicron Nu National Honor Society, Lambda Phi Chi fraternity, Varsity football, track, lacrosse, United States Powerlifting Association Member, Infinity MMA, Ocean Cleanup Crew.

I don't think Gaming Club, Anime Club is beneficial to your resume... I'd also remove your high school ECs... eliminate all the useless fluff because you're clearly trying to pad your resume'.

Also this thread is a "What are my chances" threat so it's more geared to students in the application process. I would focus my energy on studying for the GRE because that's the number 1 reason why students don't get accepted. Study for GRE now if you want to be on time for applications.

Has anyone heard from University of St. Augustine (St. Augustine Campus) for the Fall 2019 start date? I applied late and haven't heard anything yet, I know slots can fill up fast and I am praying I did not miss my chance.

Very surprised to see Baylor hybrid as a rejection. Did they give indication why? If you don't mind me asking

Excited to say I have been accepted into my first program as of yesterday. I know there are many posts like this, but hoping to show that you don't need to work "traditional" pre-PT jobs to still gain acceptance

Undergrad: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis (graduating in May)
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.3 (depending on school) I know this was really low, and probs what made many schools say no
GRE Scores: Q-151 V-152 AW-4.5
Hours: 145, inpatient pediatrics, outpatient rural, outpatient orthopedics, school-based
LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor/director of research lab, and a professor who also directed the U of M marching band
Extra curriculars: 2,000 hours due to marching band and athletic bands (think this really helped), one semester of research experience, personal training internship for field work, worked as a PCA for a year, worked as a waitress for 2 summers during undergrad
Applied: U of MN, St. Scholastica, St. Kates, U South Dakota, U Mary (ND), UJamestown (ND), WI-LaCrosse, Rosalind Franklin
Interviews: Rosalind Franklin, UMary, UJamestown --> most schools didn't require an interview
Rejections: Rosalind Franklin, U South Dakota, WI-LaCrosse
Waitlist: U of MN, St. Scholastica, St. Kates, U Mary
Acceptances: U Jamestown:):) Will be attending unless I get pulled off the waitlist at St. Scholastica (1st choice)
Honestly, I applied this cycle pretty blind, with a low prerec GPA, and wasn't sure my chances of getting in. I spent lots of time perfecting my essays, and I think my enormous amount of extracurricular hours via marching band on top of a full course load really helped my application. I also did better at schools that interviewed, so I think being able to make my case of "Why PT" in person also helped.

Anxiety and humiliation are the order of day when it comes to applying to PT school. What a degrading, divisive process. These forums just prove the truth of my assessment. You have some people showboating their 3.9 GPA, others desperately seeking encouragement with a 3.1, just about all of whom could make excellent PTs given the chance. Then you have the Lords on High, the almighty Admissions Committees, using their supreme powers of discernment to separate the people with virtually identical odds of success based on a couple tenths of a GPA point or a slight feeling one way or the other about an essay. Then, to top it all off, if you don't get in they'll tell you to reapply, just to show them that you really, really want it and you're not a quitter. What a phony scum pit.

Last edited:
Anxiety and humiliation are the order of day when it comes to applying to PT school. What a degrading, divisive process. These forums just prove the truth of my assessment. You have some people showboating their 3.9 GPA, others desperately seeking encouragement with a 3.1, just about all of whom could make excellent PTs given the chance. Then you have the Lords on High, the almighty Admissions Committees, using their supreme powers of discernment to separate the people with virtually identical odds of success based on a couple tenths of a GPA point or a slight feeling one way or the other about an essay. Then, to top it all off, if you don't get in they'll tell you to reapply, just to show them that you really, really want it and you're not a quitter. What a phony scum pit.
It certainly isn't a perfect system, but how would you change it?

Undergrad: University of Kentucky
Overall GPA: 3.73
Pre-Req GPA: 3.52
GRE Scores: V 153 Q 153 AW 3.5
Hours: 500+ outpatient (paid), 100+ combination of outpatient, acute inpatient, peds
LOR: 1 PT, 2 BIO professors, 1 Kinesiology professor

Applied: Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Bellarmine, South College

Interviews: Kentucky, Bellarmine, South College

Rejections: Western Kentucky

Waitlisted: Kentucky, Bellarmine

Acceptances: Kentucky, South College

Attending Kentucky in the Fall!

Final update

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22-3.3 depending on school
Post-Bac GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0 (Best of 2)
Hours: 1,500+ outpatient as an PT aide on Air Force Base
LOR: 1 PT, Owner of Air Force Base PT clinic, 2 professors

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Dominican College, Plymouth State, Husson U, MCPHS, West Coast U, University of St. Augustine, D'Youville College, RMUoHP

Acceptances: Plymouth State University (2/1), Wheeling Jesuit University (Declined), Franklin Pierce University (4/16)

Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit 11/9, Dominican College 12/7, University of Mary (Declined), High Point U (Declined), UNE (Declined), Plymouth State (2/1), Marist College (Declined), MCPHS (declined), South College (Declined), University of St. Augustine (Declined)

Rejections: Baylor University, RMUoHP, Dominican
College, Western U, West Coast U, D’Youville

Waitlist: Wheeling Jesuit (#19), Franklin Pierce

Thank you guys for all the help in my last 2 years of applying

Hey first of all congratulations on getting in to school that's awesome. I am in almost an identical situation as you were entering this cycle and this next cycle is my second year applying. Would you mind if I sent you a private message for a question or 2?

Hey first of all congratulations on getting in to school that's awesome. I am in almost an identical situation as you were entering this cycle and this next cycle is my second year applying. Would you mind if I sent you a private message for a question or 2?
When did you apply? Has everything been passed along, as in did you have your phone counseling interview?

No problem at all you can send me a message!