GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: Ohio State University
Major: Health Sciences
Undergrad GPA: 3.69
GRE: 158V, 147Q, 4.0W

I also have an Associate's Degree in General Sciences from a community college from doing PSEO in high school.

Extra-curriculars:
Student volunteer in RARE lab at OSU Crane Sports Med, volunteered in Peru for one week to improve conditions in a daycare, student volunteer at Delay the Disease (exercise class for people with Parkinson's disease), Exec board for OSU Pre-PT/OT Club for 2 years, Team leader of Buckeyethon (philanthropy event pediatric cancer research) for one year and general member the year before,

Work Experience:
Outpatient ortho clinic aide (paid): 2000 hours, independent contractor through Rover and private dog-sitting/walking business, Direct Youth Support Professional for kids with behavioral and mental disabilities for summer of 2017, office assistant for OSU summer conference housing summer 2017, student researcher in a stress lab at OSU's Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research for one semester, student fundraiser at OSU's call center for one year

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
Outpatient ortho clinic aide (paid): 2000 hours
40 inpatient (20 in acute heart hospital, 20 in sub-acute inpatient rehab)

Certs: CPR

LORs:
1 professor, 1 boss, 2 PTs (one recently became my boss)

Applied: Ohio State University, Ohio University, University of Toledo

Interviews: OU 11/30, Toledo 12/7, OSU 12/14

Acceptances: University of Toledo 1/10/19 (declined 1/14/19), Ohio University 1/14/19, Ohio State 1/28/19 (declined 2/1/19)

Good luck to everyone!!

UPDATE!!!!

Officially attending Ohio University!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone is attending the University of St. Augustine in Austin and looking for living accommodations, shoot me a message! Not sure if it's appropriate to post here or not, but I know I'll be moving 7 hours way from home and trying to get in touch with possible roommates is tough. Btw, congrats to everyone who's gotten their acceptances this cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Update: an acceptance!!

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22-3.3 depending on school
Post-Bac GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0 (Best of 2)
Hours: 1,500+ outpatient as an PT aide on Air Force Base
LOR: 1 PT, Owner of Air Force Base PT clinic, 2 professors

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Dominican College, Plymouth State, Husson U, MCPHS, West Coast U, University of St. Augustine, D'Youville College, RMUoHP

Acceptances: Plymouth State University (2/1)!!

Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit 11/9, Dominican College 12/7, University of Mary (Declined), High Point U (Declined), UNE (Declined), Plymouth State (2/1), Marist College (Declined), MCPHS (declined)

Rejections: Baylor University, RMUoHP, Dominican
College, Western U, West Coast U

Waitlist: Wheeling Jesuit (#19), Franklin Pierce University

So happy.. those with low stats do not give up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: an acceptance!!

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22-3.3 depending on school
Post-Bac GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0 (Best of 2)

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Dominican College, Plymouth State, Husson U, MCPHS, West Coast U, University of St. Augustine, D'Youville College, RMUoHP

Acceptances: Plymouth State University (2/1)!!

Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit 11/9, Dominican College 12/7, University of Mary (Declined), High Point U (Declined), UNE (Declined), Plymouth State (2/1)

Rejections: Baylor University, RMUoHP, Dominican
College, Western U

Waitlist: MCPHS (waitlist to interview), Wheeling Jesuit (Declined)

So happy.. those with low stats do not give up!
Congratulations!

Has anyone interviewed at western U?? If so do you have any tips or advice going into it?

My boyfriend interviewed last week. The campus is like a small community with a lot of apartments nearby or basically on campus. Also small shops nearby. You can tell the main PT building is a little older but not in a bad way. They have a couple newer looking buildings as well. Don’t expect too much from the city of Pomona but there is plenty to do close by. Do be prepared for traffic if you won’t be staying super close to the university. It’ll be a pretty typical interview day with presentations, a tour, the essay and the interviews not sure of the order though. They seem to like asking unorthodox questions, for the essay and interview. I won’t share the questions my bf got but they definitely change them every time anyways. I don’t think they want to hear rehearsed answers so there’s not much you can do to prepare, just don’t stress about it, go in confident and be yourself (I know easier said than done but you got it!) Also ask the current students all the questions you may have bc there may not be specific time set aside to ask faculty questions, at least my bf said they didn’t give him time to ask any. If my bf comes up with any specific advice I’ll let you know! Good luck :)

My boyfriend interviewed last week. The campus is like a small community with a lot of apartments nearby or basically on campus. Also small shops nearby. You can tell the main PT building is a little older but not in a bad way. They have a couple newer looking buildings as well. Don’t expect too much from the city of Pomona but there is plenty to do close by. Do be prepared for traffic if you won’t be staying super close to the university. It’ll be a pretty typical interview day with presentations, a tour, the essay and the interviews not sure of the order though. They seem to like asking unorthodox questions, for the essay and interview. I won’t share the questions my bf got but they definitely change them every time anyways. I don’t think they want to hear rehearsed answers so there’s not much you can do to prepare, just don’t stress about it, go in confident and be yourself (I know easier said than done but you got it!) Also ask the current students all the questions you may have bc there may not be specific time set aside to ask faculty questions, at least my bf said they didn’t give him time to ask any. If my bf comes up with any specific advice I’ll let you know! Good luck :)
Thank you so much this is super helpful!

Has anyone heard back from D'Youville?

Not a peep! I heard yesterday that since they are not rolling admissions they will let everyone know at the same time! ( I have a guaranteed acceptance there due to a university agreement and even that hasn’t sped them up lol )

Not a peep! I heard yesterday that since they are not rolling admissions they will let everyone know at the same time! ( I have a guaranteed acceptance there due to a university agreement and even that hasn’t sped them up lol )
Thank you! I emailed them back in December just making sure they got my application and they said they were aiming for decisions at the end of January lol

Thank you! I emailed them back in December just making sure they got my application and they said they were aiming for decisions at the end of January lol
I also have not heard back! I haven’t heard anything since I submitted my application in September

Has anyone heard back from D'Youville?

I was told that it would likely be the second week of February that the letters would be sent out.

I also noticed a post from last years D'Youville thread, where the person had called the school at the end of January, and was told that if they had not heard anything yet, it was a good sign as the rejections had already been sent out. I don't know if that is the case this year, as I have not seen anyone here post about a rejection (doesn't seem like anyone did last year either), so they might send out the acceptances/rejections/waitlists all at the same time this year?

Otherwise, I have not heard any news or received any type of e-mail/mail. Hopefully soon though!

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE ACCEPTANCE!!

Undergrad: Augsburg University
**A little bit of hope for those with low stats
Degree: B.S. Biology
Cumulative GPA: 3.22
Science GPA: 3.1
Pre-req GPA: ~3.6 (with highest grade)
GRE (first attempt): 157 V, 153 Q, 3.5 AW
GRE (second attempt): 154 V, 153 Q, 4.5 AW

Extra-Curriculars: 4 year member of the Augsburg softball team (captain senior year), 3 year member of tri-beta (Biology honor society), volunteer softball coach for 14U and 16U teams (three years), service manager at a restaurant for two years, currently working as a Patient Care Coordinator for a spine surgeon at an Ortho Clinic (2 years), dean’s list

Volunteer/Observation: 50 hours OP clinic, 50 hours IP acute care, 34 hours wellness/fitness center for spinal cord injury clients, 30 hours skilled nursing facility (current volunteer)

LORs: PT from facility I’m currently a volunteer at, Biology professor from undergrad, surgeon I work for, possibly also from a rep that we work with

Applied: Northwestern (ED) and Regis
Rejections: Regis
Waitlist: Northwestern (11/29)

Accepted: Northwestern (2/4)

Good luck to everyone this cycle!! So nervous but so excited! :)

Will be attending Northwestern!

Congratulations to everyone else on their acceptances and good luck to those still waiting!!

Update
Undergrad:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.25
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0
Hours: 1,500+ outpatient as an PT aide
LOR: 1 PT, 3 professors

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Gannon U, Simmons College, Plymouth State, Husson U, AIC
Acceptances: None
Interviews: None
Rejections: Baylor U Hybrid

Just got letter for denial at Baylor. Haven't heard from anyone else. Hoping for even an interview this cycle.

Thanks!
Hey I was hoping to apply to Baylor with similar stats any reason why the sent out a rejection? Good luck with the rest of the schools!

Interview Update
Undergrad:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Overall GPA: 3.32 (Last 40 credits 3.9)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.25
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Gannon U, Plymouth State, Husson U, AIC. MCPHS, West Coast U
Acceptances: None
Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit
Rejections:
Baylor University

Pumped I even got an interview as I have pretty below average stats
Did you ever reach out to Baylor to see why they rejected?

Did you ever reach out to Baylor to see why they rejected?

I did. They said my Pre-req GPA and GRE scores plagued my application. I did apply pretty late in the cycle for what it's worth so they probably already had a lot of spots filled.

Most everyone agree that combined GRE must be > 300 to be considered. Pretty universally agreed across all programs.

I haven't posted in this thread yet because there's so many posts all the time, but I finally got an acceptance!!

Undergrad: Eastern Michigan University
cGPA: 3.49 (3.5 with EMU lol)
pGPA: 3.1-3.2 depending on the school and how they calculated this
GRE: 153 verb, 147 quant, 4.0 writing
Clinical observation hours: 20 outpatient pediatric, 20 spine clinic, 20 outpatient neuro.
I work as an aide at an outpatient clinic and at a hospital, so I have a ton of inpatient acute care hours and other stuff too.

As for extra curriculars, I don't have a ton of stuff that's more recent. But I have volunteer hours for health fairs that I've helped out at for my job, and I volunteered at a ventilator dependent camp for kids one year. I also did research during my undergrad, and had some poster presentations.

Applied: Wayne State University, University of Michigan-Flint, Oakland University, Grand Valley State, Dayton University, University of Toledo, Indiana State University, Indiana University, Baylor University, Brenau University, Howard University

Interviews: Dayton, Toledo, Indiana State, Baylor, Brenau (declined)

Waitlist: UM-flint, OU, Dayton, Toledo, ISU (Toledo and ISU have already started, so I still have a chance of hearing from Michigan and Oakland)

Acceptances: BAYLOR!!!
I haven't posted in this thread yet because there's so many posts all the time, but I finally got an acceptance!!

Clinical observation hours: 20 outpatient pediatric, 20 spine clinic, 20 outpatient neuro.
I work as an aide at an outpatient clinic and at a hospital, so I have a ton of inpatient acute care hours and other stuff too.

As for extra curriculars, I don't have a ton of stuff that's more recent. But I have volunteer hours for health fairs that I've helped out at for my job, and I volunteered at a ventilator dependent camp for kids one year. I also did research during my undergrad, and had some poster presentations.

Applied: Wayne State University, University of Michigan-Flint, Oakland University, Grand Valley State, Dayton University, University of Toledo, Indiana State University, Indiana University, Baylor University, Brenau University, Howard University

Waitlist: UM-flint, OU, Dayton, Toledo, ISU (Toledo and ISU have already started, so I still have a chance of hearing from Michigan and Oakland)

Any advice for applying to baylor?

When did you apply? Also how did the rest of your apps go?

I applied sometime in September a couple weeks before the October 1st deadline. As far as my other apps, so far I have been invited to 6 interviews, been placed on 1 wait list and accepted to 1 school.

I applied sometime in September a couple weeks before the October 1st deadline. As far as my other apps, so far I have been invited to 6 interviews, been placed on 1 wait list and accepted to 1 school.
Nice man!! Good luck with school!

First time posting! I know my chances are low with my pGPA, but hoping for the best this cycle!

University: Northwestern University
Major: Dance and Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.37
Postbacc GPA: 4.0
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.0-3.2 depending on school, only applying where I meet the minimum
GRE: 156V, 159Q, 5.0 W
*Included a statement in my application saying that many of my prerequisite courses were taken during a time of serious injury/chronic pain, leading to me having spinal surgery over winter break of my junior year. I know this affected my grades in these courses, but it did give me a lot more exposure to PT as a patient.

Extra-curriculars/Experiences: Research Assistant in a psychology lab, Research Assistant on a dance science project, student admissions council (host prospective students and show them around campus/tell them about the school), president/founder of an a cappella group, member of 3 dance groups, performed in and choreographed for many dance shows on campus, choreographed a musical on campus, executive board/public relations chair for my dance group, volunteer at 2 animal shelters

Volunteer/Observation Hours: Over 350 (with 250 more in progress) working as a rehab aide in an outpatient clinic; 34 unpaid at outpatient clinics; 11 in occupational outpatient, 7 in wellness outpatient, 25 in inpatient

Certification: Adult and pediatric CPR, AED, and first aid

LORs: 1 PT (the manager of the clinic where I work), 1 psych professor who runs the lab I worked in, 1 dance professor who mentors the graduating dance majors

Applying: Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, UIC, NYU, Touro, Franklin Pierce (NH and AZ), GWU, Hampton, UMiami, Emory, Regis

Interviews: NYU (12/7), Emory (1/11)

Acceptances: Franklin Pierce NH (12/14), Touro Bay Shore (12/20), Northwestern (2/6)

Updates:
Received invitation for Touro supplemental app (11/2), Alternate Candidate for Northwestern (11/30), Waitlisted for interview at Regis (12/12)

Just got accepted to Northwestern!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
FINAL UPDATE

University
: UCLA
Major: Psychobiology
Overall GPA: 3.99
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155Q/159V/5.5 Writing
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Athletic Trainer from UCLA Sports Med, 1 from Residential Director, 1 from math professor

Extra-Curric: Currently working as an aide, UCLA Sports medicine intern (Women's basketball intern and track and field last year, this year beach volleyball intern and track and field intern, resident assistant (2 years), head of student wellness commission health nutrition and fitness for one year (general member for 1 year)
1. 50 hours with UCLA Sports Med head of Rehabilitation
2. 52 Inpatient hours
3. 250+ hours outpatient (paid)
4. 30 hours outpatient back home in different country

Applied to: USC, UCSF (submitted 09/22), Northwestern (submitted 09/22), UW
Waitlisted: UCSF
Accepted: USC (w/ scholarship!!!), Northwestern, UW
Attending: USC! :)

I have been lurking around on this forum since I was a senior in high school. It feels so good to be able to finally say that I have been accepted into PT school! If you make a goal and put in the work it will pay off!

Undergrad: Oregon State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.94
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91
Math/Science GPA: 3.87
GRE: Not required by programs I applied to

Observation: 933 outpatient ortho/sports (paid), 44 outpatient ortho/aqua at separate clinic, 14 SNF, 10 inpatient acute (1,001 total hours)

LOR’s: 3 PTs, biomechanics professor

EC’s: Work as PT aide, intramural softball & football, MS walk volunteer, PTAH club, functional movement assessment demonstrator for high school and collegiate sports teams, misc. volunteer at local community center

Applied: Pacific University (Oregon), George Fox University
Interviews: Pacific University (Oregon) 1/19, George Fox University 2/2
Rejections:
N/A

Acceptances: Pacific University (Oregon) 2/7

Will hear back from George Fox on the 13th!

Hi guys, I just heard back from the last school I applied to and I have officially been waitlisted to all of my schools, so a gap year is looking extremely likely. For anyone who has taken gap years, can you please give me advice/tips on how this works? I want to retake a couple of prerequisite classes at my local community college, but how would I note this on my PTCAS? For example, to all of the schools I applied to I had to match courses that I have completed to their prerequisite requirements. For next year, I obviously do not want to match them since I will be retaking them in the fall (but I will be applying in July, so how does this work so I can show them that I'm retaking it to earn a better grade?).

I also may want to retake 3-4 classes, but some programs only allow you to retake 1-2. In my chemistry classes, I earned B-'s and I want to retake them to get an A. However, I don't want programs to think that I have failed all of these classes and am retaking all of them for passing grades, since that is not the case. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense or if I need to specify my question. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I just heard back from the last school I applied to and I have officially been waitlisted to all of my schools, so a gap year is looking extremely likely. For anyone who has taken gap years, can you please give me advice/tips on how this works? I want to retake a couple of prerequisite classes at my local community college, but how would I note this on my PTCAS? For example, to all of the schools I applied to I had to match courses that I have completed to their prerequisite requirements. For next year, I obviously do not want to match them since I will be retaking them in the fall (but I will be applying in July, so how does this work so I can show them that I'm retaking it to earn a better grade?).

I also may want to retake 3-4 classes, but some programs only allow you to retake 1-2. In my chemistry classes, I earned B-'s and I want to retake them to get an A. However, I don't want programs to think that I have failed all of these classes and am retaking all of them for passing grades, since that is not the case. Please let me know if this doesn't make sense or if I need to specify my question. Thanks in advance!
I too might be taking a gap year so I as well would love to have any input or advice from other students.

Hi! I took a gap year as well (graduated in 2018 and will be starting PT school this fall). I retook Physics I over the summer and was able to get that in for my applications. I took A&P II this fall, and am taking Physics II currently. I entered all of these courses into PTCAS transcript entry as “planned/in progress” as soon as I knew I was taking them. Once my fall grades were in, I added my A&P II grade and sent the update to all my programs.
I matched the courses even though they were “planned/in progress” and had no grades. The schools saw that and knew that I still had to finish A&P and that I was retaking Physics. So my acceptances have been contingent on finishing Physics II.
I hope that helps, feel free to message me with any other questions about it. Taking a gap year was super helpful for me to focus on getting As in prereqs, working at a PT clinic, and finishing applications.

Reactions: 3 users

I also took a gap year and will be attending PT school this fall and retook Anatomy over the Summer, so I was able to have it all completed before I sent my apps in for the next round. Feel free to message me etc if you have any other questions!!

Hi! I took a gap year as well (graduated in 2018 and will be starting PT school this fall). I retook Physics I over the summer and was able to get that in for my applications. I took A&P II this fall, and am taking Physics II currently. I entered all of these courses into PTCAS transcript entry as “planned/in progress” as soon as I knew I was taking them. Once my fall grades were in, I added my A&P II grade and sent the update to all my programs.
I matched the courses even though they were “planned/in progress” and had no grades. The schools saw that and knew that I still had to finish A&P and that I was retaking Physics. So my acceptances have been contingent on finishing Physics II.
I hope that helps, feel free to message me with any other questions about it. Taking a gap year was super helpful for me to focus on getting As in prereqs, working at a PT clinic, and finishing applications.
Thank you so much for explaining! This was super helpful.

Ok just to clarify, so you noted them as planned/in progress on PTCAS but still matched that very same "planned/in progress" course even though it didn't have a grade yet? Did they ever ask you about your past transcripts and your original grades in the class and ask why you were retaking them if you didn't actually fail them the first time?

Also, did you run into issues with programs that specify you can only retake 1-3 courses? Or did you just avoid applying to those kinds of programs?

I also took a gap year and will be attending PT school this fall and retook Anatomy over the Summer, so I was able to have it all completed before I sent my apps in for the next round. Feel free to message me etc if you have any other questions!!
Did you just wait until August to apply, so you could get your official transcripts in PTCAS for anatomy?

Did you just wait until August to apply, so you could get your official transcripts in PTCAS for anatomy?
Yes, it was a self paced class so I was able to have everything ready by mid August

Thank you so much for explaining! This was super helpful.

Ok just to clarify, so you noted them as planned/in progress on PTCAS but still matched that very same "planned/in progress" course even though it didn't have a grade yet? Did they ever ask you about your past transcripts and your original grades in the class and ask why you were retaking them if you didn't actually fail them the first time?

Also, did you run into issues with programs that specify you can only retake 1-3 courses? Or did you just avoid applying to those kinds of programs?

That’s correct, I matched the courses even though they were planned! No schools asked me about it, I think it’s fairly common for people to retake prereqs if the original grades weren’t great.
I didn’t run into that issue... I’ve seen schools where you can only retake the same course once, but I haven’t seen a rule about a maximum number of courses that can be retaken. I did however make sure I applied to schools that either let the retake grade replace the previous one, or had other prereqs that would make my pGPA high enough.

Just got accepted by two schools this week! What a relief! I am an international student and becoming a physical therapist is the reason I came to U.S for college, now I feel like I have never been so close to my dream.
The challenge will continue and there is still a long way to go, but I am excited to start my next journey!

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.57-3.65 (depending on schools)
GRE: 147(V) 156(Q) 3(AW)

Extra-Curriculum: Research Assistant for research involve “human response in special environment”(one semester), Medical Assistant Internship(one semester), Student Trainer for designing Circuit Training Exercises(one semester), Student Althletic Event Staff for four football games, Student Employee at one of the dinning places on campus(one semester)

Volunteer: Make A Wish Volunteer for 30 hours, Orientation Volunteer for 18 hours, Volunteered at several other volunteer events.

Applied: LIU, UIC(no interview), SUNY Buffalo(no interview), Elon, Duke, UNT, Belmont, University of Indianapolis, D’Youville(no interview), UNE, Washington University of St Louis(no interview)

Acceptances: LIU(1/3), SUNY Buffalo(2/6), Elon(2/7)

Rejections: UNT, Belmont

Waitlist: UIC(12/14/2018), LIU(12/10/2018), Washington University of St Louis(1/31), waitlist to interview at University of Indianapolis(10/30)

Interviews: LIU(11/30), Elon(2/4), UNE(2/7)

Final Update!!!!

University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.81 depending on program
Post-Bac GPA: 4.0
GRE: 164 V, 159 Q, 3.5 W

Extracurriculars/Experiences: Editor for undergraduate art journal for 2 and a half years, studied abroad in England, UCP Wheels for Humanity volunteer building and refurbishing wheelchairs, Rock N' Roll Marathon medical volunteer, 7 on 7 adult coed soccer league (Victorious Secret is our name ;)), Intern for nonprofit serving at-risk youth, Treasurer then Vice President of PT/OT Club, Hosted international students through Global Siblings program at UCLA, KEEN LA athletic sessions with special-needs youth, Life Rolls On, Study abroad, Anatomy Lab Leader, Research assistant for three studies working with obese, opioid-addicted, and HIV+ patients

Volunteer Hours: Outpatient Clinic- 150; Outpatient Pediatric - 34; Outpatient Hospital - 112; Inpatient SNF- 35 hours

LORs: One from physical therapist, one from English professor who I have a great mentoring relationship with, one from supervisor, one from PI

Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Chapman University (Fall Cohort), USC, CSUN, CSULB, Duke, Boston U, UIC, Northwestern, Emory, NYU, UNTHSC
Interviews: Duke (11/30), NYU (12/7), Emory (1/11) declined, UNTHSC (1/18), UCSF/SFSU (2/1-2/2) declined
Waitlisted: CSULB (1/15), CSUN (1/23) #37, UNTHSC (1/30)
Rejected: Duke (12/14)
Never Heard From lol: Chapman University
Accepted: Northwestern University (10/1), USC (12/11), UIC (12/13), NYU (12/20), Boston University (12/27), UNTHSC(2/9)!!!!

Attending: UNTHSC

See y'all in July :soexcited:

Last edited:
Update! Acceptance!!

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax, Concordia University - Wisconsin, Carroll, Regis, Mayo Clinic

Interviews: Concordia (11/17), Regis (2/4)

Denied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax

Accepted: Concordia (from waitlist)

Last Update! Another acceptance!

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax, Concordia University - Wisconsin, Carroll, Regis, Mayo Clinic

Interviews: Concordia (11/17), Regis (2/4)

Denied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax

Accepted: Concordia (from waitlist), Regis (2/8)

Attending: Regis!!

University: University of Arizona
Major: Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.6 ish (Depending)
GRE: 155Q 158V 4.0W

Extra-Curric: Division 1 Rugby-Volunteering with kids through the team (Big sisters/Big brothers) in Tucson. Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity Executive Board member as well as volunteer/community service coordinator for Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Volunteer: 75 Hours Outpatient

Applied: NYMC, Simmons, USciences, UNE, Springfield, George Washington, Vermont, High Point, MCPHS

Acceptances: Simmons Univeristy, USciences, Vermont

Rejections:

Interviews: UNE, High Point(declined), Usciences(1/8)

**P.S** I'll note that my freshman year I messed up and have a academic dishonesty infraction on my record that I had to disclose on my applications. Albeit the infraction was a small participation related problem, I didn't think I had any shot of getting in this cycle and was prepared for next cycle when the infraction is expunged from my record. If you have doubts about your application there is always hope! Have confidence in yourself!
have you decided which school to attend?

FINAL UPDATE

University: University of Missouri- Saint Louis
Major: Political Science Minor: in German
Undergrad GPA: 3.63
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.98
GRE: 156V, 152Q, 4W

Extra-curriculars/Experiences: Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Honors College/ Honors Certification, Writing Certificate, worked as an Au Pair in Berlin for a year, Dean's list, US State Department Internship in Berlin, Germany, lots of volunteering with local charities, private pilots license, and I worked as a Project Manager before quitting to pursue PT

1000 hours working as an aide at an outpatient clinic
30 hours acute inpatient at a military hospital
30 hours outpatient clinic for Army Special Forces
30 hours SNF

LORs:
2 from a PTs, 1 from my physics professor, 1 from my direct manager from when I worked as a Project Manager

Planning to apply:
U Puget Sound, U Washington- Seattle, George Fox U, U Montana,

Interviews:
U Montana (2/2), GFU (declined)

Waitlist:
UW, U Montana

Accepted:
UPS :clap:

FINAL UPDATE

University: University of Missouri- Saint Louis
Major: Political Science Minor: in German
Undergrad GPA: 3.63
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.98
GRE: 156V, 152Q, 4W

Extra-curriculars/Experiences: Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Honors College/ Honors Certification, Writing Certificate, worked as an Au Pair in Berlin for a year, Dean's list, US State Department Internship in Berlin, Germany, lots of volunteering with local charities, private pilots license, and I worked as a Project Manager before quitting to pursue PT

1000 hours working as an aide at an outpatient clinic
30 hours acute inpatient at a military hospital
30 hours outpatient clinic for Army Special Forces
30 hours SNF

LORs:
2 from a PTs, 1 from my physics professor, 1 from my direct manager from when I worked as a Project Manager

Planning to apply:
U Puget Sound, U Washington- Seattle, George Fox U, U Montana,

Interviews:
U Montana (2/2), GFU (declined)

Waitlist:
UW, U Montana

Accepted:
UPS :clap:
CONGRATS!!!! Is that usciences?? :)

Final Update!!!!

University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.81 depending on program
Post-Bac GPA: 4.0
GRE: 164 V, 159 Q, 3.5 W

Extracurriculars/Experiences: Editor for undergraduate art journal for 2 and a half years, studied abroad in England, UCP Wheels for Humanity volunteer building and refurbishing wheelchairs, Rock N' Roll Marathon medical volunteer, 7 on 7 adult coed soccer league (Victorious Secret is our name ;)), Intern for nonprofit serving at-risk youth, Treasurer then Vice President of PT/OT Club, Hosted international students through Global Siblings program at UCLA, KEEN LA athletic sessions with special-needs youth, Life Rolls On, Study abroad, Anatomy Lab Leader, Research assistant for three studies working with obese, opioid-addicted, and HIV+ patients

Volunteer Hours: Outpatient Clinic- 150; Outpatient Pediatric - 34; Outpatient Hospital - 112; Inpatient SNF- 35 hours

LORs: One from physical therapist, one from English professor who I have a great mentoring relationship with, one from supervisor, one from PI

Applied: UCSF/SFSU, Chapman University (Fall Cohort), USC, CSUN, CSULB, Duke, Boston U, UIC, Northwestern, Emory, NYU, UNTHSC
Interviews: Duke (11/30), NYU (12/7), Emory (1/11) declined, UNTHSC (1/18), UCSF/SFSU (2/1-2/2) declined
Waitlisted: CSULB (1/15), CSUN (1/23) #37, UNTHSC (1/30)
Rejected: Duke (12/14)
Never Heard From lol: Chapman University
Accepted: Northwestern University (10/1), USC (12/11), UIC (12/13), Boston University (12/27), UNTHSC(2/9)!!!!

Attending: UNTHSC

See y'all in July :soexcited:

Did you hear from NYU after your 12/7 interview?

I got into multiple programs with under a 300 total GRE. So not required, I'd say

I agree, although having a 300 is important I still got 6+ interview offers and an acceptance with scores below a 300.

Reactions: 1 users
Major: Kinesiology
Cum GPA: 3.30
Post-bac GPA: 3.95
Pre-Req GPA: 3.40–3.70 (depends on retakes)
GRE: 146V, 502Q, 3.0W

Extra-Curric: Biomechanics Teaching Assistant, Health and Wellness Intern, Personal trainer

Observation: 1000 hours as a PT/OT aide at an outpatient clinic, 20 hours at a skilled nursing facility, & 20 at a second outpatient clinic

Employment: PT/OT aide at an outpatient clinic

Honors: Dean’s list & scholarships

Cert: CPR and AED

LORs: 1 Mentor, 1 Professor, and 2 PTs

Planning to Apply to: New York University, Northwestern University, Long Island University, Chatham University, New York Institute of Technology, Eastern Washington University, Loma Linda University, University of Wisconsin – Madison, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, University of Washington, Touro College, Chatham University, Gannon University - Ruskin, USA

Acceptances: USciences, LLU, USA, LIU
Rejections: University of Wisconsin - Madison, EWU
Interview: Chatham University (11/3), NYIT (10/26), USA, Gannon University @Ruskin (11/10), LLU, LIU

whoop whoop!