GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to let you know that I declined my acceptance at Carroll University today and will officially be attending UW Milwaukee's program.
Congrats on choosing a school and being accepted everywhere you applied! That’s unheard of. :) Milwaukee is my number one school as well! Last year I was waitlisted, so I’m crossing my fingers this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone here get granted acceptance or has attended AIC?

Also, is there anyone admitted to Carroll that is giving up their spot? I was waitlisted and wanted to know what kind of movement they're seeing from the waitlist.

I was accepted to AIC.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATSS!! I was waitlisted and i havent heard back from them so prob wont get a call back. Thats a great school best of luck
I actually did not accept my spot so maybe it will get to you on the waitlist!

I actually did not accept my spot so maybe it will get to you on the waitlist!
I didn’t accept my spot either and mine was due 3/23 so maybe 721OT will hear back too!

Update!

University: University of California - Santa Barbara (Quarter System)
Major: Biopsychology
OTCAS GPA: 3.17
Last 60 Semester/90 Quarter Unit GPA: 3.3-3.5
Pre-requisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 152 Verbal, 158 Quantitative, 4.0 AWA
Volunteer/Observation: 113 hours at a pediatric OT clinic.
Work Experience: 2+ years as an ABA/Behavioral Therapist, 1+ years as a Special Education Aide

Applied to: Stanbridge University

I know it's super risky to put all my eggs in one basket, but I don't mind waiting until next cycle. However, I'm crossing my fingers and I'm hoping that I will receive my acceptance sometime later.

Reactions: 3 users
Undergraduate University: FIU
Degree: B.A in Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.81
Prerequisite GPA: 3.60
GRE: 148 V 147 Q 3.5 AW
Misc: 80+ hours in pediatric setting, graduated Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List (3x), member of Golden Key International Honour Society.

Applied to: FIU, Barry University (interviewed), University of St. Augustine (interviewed)

Acceptances: University of St. Augustine (03/29), Barry University (03/28)

Rejections: Haven’t heard from FIU (don’t think I got in)

Attending: Barry!

Reactions: 1 users
Undergraduate University: FIU
Degree: B.A in Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.81
Prerequisite GPA: 3.60
GRE: 148 V 147 Q 3.5 AW
Misc: 80+ hours in pediatric setting, graduated Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List (3x), member of Golden Key International Honour Society.

Applied to: FIU, Barry University (interviewed), University of St. Augustine (interviewed)

Acceptances: University of St. Augustine (03/29), Barry University (03/28)

Rejections: Haven’t heard from FIU (don’t think I got in)

Attending: Barry!

I like your screen name because I’m obsessed with Disney too

MY FINAL UPDATE

Undergraduate University:
University of North Alabama
Degree: Exercise Science
Concentration: Clinical Exercise Physiology
Cumulative GPA (not completed yet): 3.85
Prerequisite GPA (not completed yet): 3.67 (UAB) 3.76 (USA) 3.56 (Belmont) 3.82 (Nova OTD) 3.64 (UF)
GRE: 150 V 154 Q 3.0 AW (I'm awful at writing under pressure)

Tip/Motivation for those that aren't the best at the GRE: I took the GRE in January 2017 after studying (aka cramming) for a month and walked out crying because I did awful. I was so defeated and never thought I would earn a competitive score. I studied more effectively and retook it in September and I WENT UP 12 POINTS. If you struggle with standardized test here are the study materials I used that helped me soooo much.
1. Kaplan GRE book (comes with tons of online full-length practice tests: Taking the GRE is A LOT about the endurance of taking a 4-hour test. The practice test is just like the actual test & it works every single question out for you to review at the end. I did this over and over.
2. VictorPrep Vocab Podcast: OH MY GOODNESS this helped my verbal score soooo much. This is a podcast that I used to listen to every time I was in my car. A precious, British man explains vocabs word in such an understandable way. I enjoyed this so much that I STILL listen to them. I have come across tons of the words he goes over on the GRE (as well as life).

Applying to: University of South Alabama, Nova Southeastern University (OTD), University of Florida, Belmont & UAB.

Shadowing: 6 settings, Total: 233 hours
- Pediatrics (76 hrs)
- Skilled Nursing Facility (16 hrs)
- Outpatient Clinic (102 hrs)
- 2 Acute Care/ Hospitals (14 hrs)
- Locked Psychiatric Hospital (25 hrs)
- & will be doing a 200-hour internship at a pediatric clinic in the spring of 2018 (this went on my application as pending hours & I mentioned in my interview/personal statement)

Volunteer:
I was in a sorority, so we did tons of volunteering in different settings (5Ks, philanthropy events, university events, ect.)
Historian & VP of a minority scholarship group
Special Olympics chair of Human Performance Research Group

Reviewer for the International Journal of Exercise Science

Achievements:

Presider at the ASAHPERD conference
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Gamma Sigma Alpha Alpha Gamma Delta
Dean's List (4 semesters)
The National Society of Leadership and Success
Vanguard Scholarship
Presidential Mentor's Academy Scholarship

Work:
I have been a tumbling instructor/cheer coach for 6 years

Misc:
I am a Mexican female, so I am hoping that being bilingual will give me an edge lol

References:
- 1 from a professor that is also the head of our Exercise Science Department
- 1 from an OT I shadowed nearly all summer
- 1 from a PT

Interviews: Nova Video Interview (11/27), University of South Alabama (1/19) UAB (1/26) Belmont- Declined (3/19)
Rejections:
Acceptances: NSU OTD program in Tampa, FL (12/6) UAB (2/2) USA (2/12) UF (3/8)
Attending: UAB !!!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL MY FELLOW ASPIRING OTs <3

P.S if you have any questions I will be happy to respond :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Did anyone apply/ get accepted to Temple University in Philadelphia? If so, do you any tips on applying or the interview? Thanks

Update!

University: University of California - Santa Barbara (Quarter System)
Major: Biopsychology
OTCAS GPA: 3.17
Last 60 Semester/90 Quarter Unit GPA: 3.3-3.5
Pre-requisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 152 Verbal, 158 Quantitative, 4.0 AWA
Volunteer/Observation: 113 hours at a pediatric OT clinic.
Work Experience: 2+ years as an ABA/Behavioral Therapist, 1+ years as a Special Education Aide

Applied to: Stanbridge University

I know it's super risky to put all my eggs in one basket, but I don't mind waiting until next cycle. However, I'm crossing my fingers and I'm hoping that I will receive my acceptance sometime later.

Update: I received my acceptance on Wednesday and I have confirmed my seat. :)

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Did anyone apply/ get accepted to Temple University in Philadelphia? If so, do you any tips on applying or the interview? Thanks
Make sure to have the exact prereq grades and follow their guidelines because I emailed them for an update and they told me they could not look at my application because I recieved a C+ in a class so I was not accepted, but they failed to communicate that until I emailed them for an update

Make sure to have the exact prereq grades and follow their guidelines because I emailed them for an update and they told me they could not look at my application because I recieved a C+ in a class so I was not accepted, but they failed to communicate that until I emailed them for an update

Okay thank you so much!! :)

Hi All :)

I’m looking for some advice/feedback and will be very grateful for any help offered.

I’m changing careers after several years in art and design. Undergrad was quite a bit of time ago for me (2004), and I was neither focused or serious about studies which will be reflected in my stats below. This is my biggest hangup at the moment and my question is: Will my application even get a second glance?

Undergrad: Indiana University Bloomington
Degree: Telecommunications (Radio/TV/Fim) 2004
cumulative GPA: 2.3 (!)

Graduate degree: Master of Fine Arts
California Institute of the Arts
MFA Graphic Design, 2010
I’m a fine art painter who is taking pre-reqs for MS/OTD Admissions.

OT pre-req:
A+P I Lecture: A, Lab: B+
Gen Psyc: currently A
Dev Psyc: currently B

GRE: 1st attempt 163 V 143 Q 4.5 AW

OT Observation ~ 40 hr Outpatient orthopedic clinic

I’m hoping to get my application materials submitted this year and realize my LOR and personal statement will be critical, along with getting much, much more observations in.

There is much more to the story, but just trying to get more feedback from this forum.

Thank you!

Last edited:

I’m looking for some advice/feedback and will be very grateful for any help offered.

I’m changing careers after several years in art and design. Undergrad was quite a bit of time ago for me (2004), and I was neither focused or serious about studies which will be reflected in my stats below. This is my biggest hangup at the moment and my question is: Will my application even get a second glance?

MFA Graphic Design, 2010

OT pre-req:

I’m hoping to get my application materials submitted this year and realize my LOR and personal statement will be critical, along with getting much, much more observations in.

There is much more to the story, but just trying to get more feedback from this forum.

Thank you!
Hey! It doesn’t matter so much what you majored in as long as you took all the prerequisites that they require. To be honest though your application will not even be looked at with that GPA. Most schools require a minimum of a 3.0 or higher. The lowest I have ever seen as the minimum was 2.75 and they still never accepted anyone with below a 3.0. I looked at every school in the US when I was deciding where to apply. I would suggest getting at least another 40 hours of observation experience in at least 3 different settings and retake multiple courses to bring your GPA up higher than a 3.0 if that’s even possible. You may want to consider OTA. I’m not sure what the requirements are for OTA though. Best of Luck!

Hey! It doesn’t matter so much what you majored in as long as you took all the prerequisites that they require. To be honest though your application will not even be looked at with that GPA. Most schools require a minimum of a 3.0 or higher. The lowest I have ever seen as the minimum was 2.75 and they still never accepted anyone with below a 3.0. I looked at every school in the US when I was deciding where to apply. I would suggest getting at least another 40 hours of observation experience in at least 3 different settings and retake multiple courses to bring your GPA up higher than a 3.0 if that’s even possible. You may want to consider OTA. I’m not sure what the requirements are for OTA though. Best of Luck!

Thanks for your response jackoa05! I assumed that to be the case regarding my gpa. Going for the OTA degree first might be the best option as I’ll have options to work and consider applying to a hybrid/weekend doctorate program.

Retaking classes or taking more to solely bump up the gpa may not be the most effective route.

I appreciate your help!

Congrats this is amazing for the rest of us with lower stats and high hopes!!!

Thank you! I took about 3 gap years after obtaining my bachelor's to get work experience. If you show that you are truly motivated and interested to become an OTR in your interview, you have a better chance of admittance. :)

MFA Graphic Design, 2010

OT pre-req:

Thank you!

Hey there! I would like to add that it would be helpful to pick up an OT aide job or any other jobs relating to OT such as ABA therapy, special education teacher’s aide, working in a nursing home, etc. to show that you are capable of working with clients with disabilities.

I was considering applying to brunel but I was unsure if I would have a hard time getting licensed in the states with a degree from the UK. Can you comment on that? What did you end up doing? Would love to hear your take on the school

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I have received offers from Oxford Brookes and University of Essex in the UK. Did you end up going abroad? I'm really considering it.

MFA Graphic Design, 2010

OT pre-req:

Thank you!

What was your overall GPA for your master's? Some programs, if not all, will overlook your bachelor's GPA if you've obtained a master's.

* second-time applicant*
University: California State University, Long Beach
Major: Human Development
Overall GPA: OTCAS 2.57 (yes, it was that bad)
Last 60 credits GPA: 3.48 (mostly post-bacc)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4 - 3.7 (depending on the school)
GRE: 152V, 157Q, 4W

Work:
- physical therapy aide (4 years)
- pharmacy technician (5 years)
- special education substitute aide (1 year)

Observation hours:
- SNF 10 hours
- outpatient peds 75 hours
- hand therapy 50 hours
- Rancho Los Amigos Rehab Hospital 120 hours

Volunteer hours:
- USC OT research volunteer - 85 hours
- MedLife Mission in Peru - 1 week
- Vietnamese American Cancer Foundation Intern - 90 hours

LOR: USC OT professor, PT manager, gerontology professor, hand therapy OT

Applied to: St. Augustine, Eastern Washington University, Pacific University, Northern Arizona University, West Coast University, Midwestern University, USC, Dominican University, NYU, NOVA University

Acceptances: Pacific!

Rejections: everywhere else

Interviews: St Augustine (San Marcos) and Pacific University

I started off studying biochemistry in college because I thought I wanted to be a pharmacist, hence the low GPA. I switched majors and found OT after graduating. As a second time applicant and someone with a low GPA, never let your past define who are you today. It's possible to get accepted, but it will take patience, hard work, and dedication :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Wanted to give everyone any update!

University: Florida A&M University
Major: Pre-occupational therapy
Overall GPA: 3.1 (3.02 overall according to OTCAS)
Last 60 GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.5 depending on school
GRE: V:143 Q:143 W:4

Extra-Curric: National Counsel of negro women, big sister little sister, campus actives board

Volunteer: 57 hours skilled nursing, 27 hours outpatient, 20 hours inpatient, Goodwill, The arc Jacksonville

Applying: Texas Tech University, Texas Womens University, Brenau University, Chatham University, University of Sciences, Nova Southeastern University, Winston-Salem University, American International University Florida Gulf Coast University, Howard University

Rejections: Texas Tech, Brenau, Chatham, University of Sciences, Winston-Salem, Florida Gulf Coast

Waitlisted: Texas Womens, Nova

Interviews: Texas Womens, Nova, Howard

Acceptances: American International College, Nova, Howard

Attending: HOWARD!

I had a low low GRE but it is possible to get in with lower stats!

Reactions: 4 users
University: UNC Asheville
Major: Cell/Molecular Biology, Psychology Minor
Overall GPA: 3.67
Last 60 hours: ~3.94
Pre-req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 159 V, 155 Q, 4.0 AW

Job/Volunteer/Extra-Curricular: Community service work with church, led week-long program for freshmen/transfers to integrate into college environment, Girls on the Run assistant coach, lab assistant for intro biology course, HOSA, Special Olympics college club, summer camp counselor at ice rink, babysitting

Shadowing: 48 hours in outpatient pediatric clinic, 28 hours in neurorehabilitation center, 40 hours in school setting

Applied: Methodist University, Mary Baldwin/MDCHS, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Emory and Henry, UNC, Winston-Salem State University

Interviews: Methodist University (11/3), MDCHS (11/4), Emory and Henry (1/27), JCHS (2/2)

Rejections: UNC (1/12)

Waitlist: MDCHS (11/15), WSSU (2/22), Emory and Henry (3/13)

Acceptances: Methodist University (11/7), JCHS (2/16), MDCHS (4/17)

Attending: Methodist University!

Wanted to give everyone any update!

University: Florida A&M University
Major: Pre-occupational therapy
Overall GPA: 3.1 (3.02 overall according to OTCAS)
Last 60 GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1-3.5 depending on school
GRE: V:143 Q:143 W:4

Extra-Curric: National Counsel of negro women, big sister little sister, campus actives board

Volunteer: 57 hours skilled nursing, 27 hours outpatient, 20 hours inpatient, Goodwill, The arc Jacksonville

Applying: Texas Tech University, Texas Womens University, Brenau University, Chatham University, University of Sciences, Nova Southeastern University, Winston-Salem University, American International University Florida Gulf Coast University, Howard University

Rejections: Texas Tech, Brenau, Chatham, University of Sciences, Winston-Salem, Florida Gulf Coast

Waitlisted: Texas Womens, Nova

Interviews: Texas Womens, Nova, Howard

Acceptances: American International College, Nova, Howard

Attending: HOWARD!

I had a low low GRE but it is possible to get in with lower stats!

Congrats!

Hi guys! Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for a good amount of observation hours and number of settings needed when applying for schools? Any help would be truly appreciated!

Hi guys! Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for a good amount of observation hours and number of settings needed when applying for schools? Any help would be truly appreciated!
I would aim for 100 hours or more. Definitely more than one setting. Make sure to see a variety of setting-peds, geriatrics, hand therapy ect. It is better to see a variety than to have seen only seen one setting for alot of hours. You could also see different settings ie aquatic therapy or hippotherapy. Hope this helps!

I would aim for 100 hours or more. Definitely more than one setting. Make sure to see a variety of setting-peds, geriatrics, hand therapy ect. It is better to see a variety than to have seen only seen one setting for alot of hours. You could also see different settings ie aquatic therapy or hippotherapy. Hope this helps!

I have been volunteering for a therapeutic horsemanship organization...would these hours be considered volunteer hours or observation hours? Is there a hard line between the differences of volunteer vs. observation hours when it comes to entering your information through OTCAS?

I have been volunteering for a therapeutic horsemanship organization...would these hours be considered volunteer hours or observation hours? Is there a hard line between the differences of volunteer vs. observation hours when it comes to entering your information through OTCAS?
I think that would be volunteering- unless the majority of the time you watch what someone else does. Volunteering is more hands on and you really just dont sit there and like observe someone doing something in which that would be volunteering. They have both in OTCAS -both volunteer and shadowing hours.

Hi, all!
I have a question: Has anyone used an LOR from a co-worker?
I am currently transitioning from my old job to the next and my last supervisor does not do recommendations, as she would not even talk to HR to give her best friend a good reference for a job. So needless to say I did not bother asking her.
Anyways, a coworker and college peer from my job at Bath & Body works during school is willing to write me an LOR. She was not my supervisor but we worked together for a few months. Does anyone think this suffices? I am nervous as I do not have a supervisor to ask as the BBW supervisor left that location.
Any help would be great!
Thank you

Hi, all!
I have a question: Has anyone used an LOR from a co-worker?
I am currently transitioning from my old job to the next and my last supervisor does not do recommendations, as she would not even talk to HR to give her best friend a good reference for a job. So needless to say I did not bother asking her.
Anyways, a coworker and college peer from my job at Bath & Body works during school is willing to write me an LOR. She was not my supervisor but we worked together for a few months. Does anyone think this suffices? I am nervous as I do not have a supervisor to ask as the BBW supervisor left that location.
Any help would be great!
Thank you
Hi! I would check with the schools you are applying to. I know one program I applied to specifically said that friends or family COULDNT write letters of rec while another program said to use references "aquanited with your academic and professional aptitudes "(so it might be okay for some schools but not for others). Schools usually have this information laid out on their websites about their OT programs- there is usually a section about how to apply/what is needed to apply. That would be the place to start, if you are still unsure you can always contact the school and ask them what they prefer (since they are the ones looking at your application!). Hope this helps-good luck!

Hi! I would check with the schools you are applying to. I know one program I applied to specifically said that friends or family COULDNT write letters of rec while another program said to use references "aquanited with your academic and professional aptitudes "(so it might be okay for some schools but not for others). Schools usually have this information laid out on their websites about their OT programs- there is usually a section about how to apply/what is needed to apply. That would be the place to start, if you are still unsure you can always contact the school and ask them what they prefer (since they are the ones looking at your application!). Hope this helps-good luck!
Thank you! She is not a friend, but a coworker. I will check out the websites again. Thanks for the response!

Thoughts on abbreviating Occupational therapy to OT in the personal statement?
Thanks!

May want to write it out in full followed by (OT) for the first mention and then abbreviate thereafter . . .

After months of waiting, I can say that I am finally relieved

Undergrad: a UC
Undergrad GPA: 3.2
Pre-requisite: 3.8
GRE: 150 V / 157 Q / 5.0 W

Volunteer: 40 SNF, 40 Hospital outpatient, 140 peds, 10, peds, 10 spinal cord/rehab
Involved: Research for 2 years (published)
Work: Behavior Interventionist

Applied: Rush, Howard, Touro Bayshore, NYU, Stanbridge, West Coast, St Augustine, U of Washington - Seattle, Thomas Jefferson

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson, St Augustine
Acceptances: Thomas Jefferson (#3rd choice)
Rejections: Rush, Howard

I just want to say I never thought I would get in due to lower GPA & GRE scores but honestly everyone just keep hustling and I know you guys will be an OT one way or another. Good luck everyone.

I'm confused. Is that a low GRE score?

I'm confused. Is that a low GRE score?
It really isn't it's probably slightly higher than average. Most schools ask for about a 300 with both sections. I got a 301 and got into 2 schools. I feel like they look at the GRE but it's also about your GPA, volunteer and shadowing experience, ect.

Did you guys select more than 1 program when you started the application? Or are you supposed to do this one at a time?

Hi! I received an interview for Chatham and got waitlisted but I got accepted to pitt and will be attending there! Here are my stats:

Major: Exercise Science at Slippery Rock University
Minor: gerontology as well as psychology
Overall GPA: 3.66 according to OTCAS
Prerequisite GPA: 3.8-3.9
My gre sucked honestly. I had a 295 and writing was 4.0.

I had 444 volunteer hours. 120 in inpatient and the rest in hand therapy.

I was very involved around campus:
Was a member of the First-Year Leadership Scholar Program freshmen year
Was a Psi Chi member (psychology honors society)
Member of Lambda Sigma (sophomore honors society) and had an e board position as ritual chair
Was a co-investigator of a research study on cognitive function
Started the Pre-Ot club at SRU and was the president of it
Was the student organizations and freshmen chair of SRU’s St. Jude event
I was a FYRST Seminar Peer Leader
I took American Sign Language classes
I made the deans list every semester And I am currently doing a cardiopulmonary rehabilitation internship!

My best advice is to GET INVOLVED and try to have as many leadership positions as you can! Also maintain a really good prerequisite GPA. On pitt’s OTD admission website it says they really look for applicants that show leadership and I think all of my experiences really helped me! Pitt was my #1 pick so I was more than ecstatic!

If you have any questions let me know! Good luck!!!
Hey! I also went to SRU and am applying to Pitt. Do you think the GRE is a huge factor in admission? I got a 290 and plan to retake but Pitt is one of my top choices should I get the opportunity. I live 20 minutes from campus so it would be very convenient.

Did you guys select more than 1 program when you started the application? Or are you supposed to do this one at a time?
You can select all the ones you apply to. But you will have to go through each application and select the prereqs and complete essays they have.

Hey! I also went to SRU and am applying to Pitt. Do you think the GRE is a huge factor in admission? I got a 290 and plan to retake but Pitt is one of my top choices should I get the opportunity. I live 20 minutes from campus so it would be very convenient.
You can reach out to the school and ask them what their average GRE score is, or what is the minimum you must get to be considered. It definitely does play a role in admissions if it is required but it's only one part of your application. You should also make sure to have sufficient volunteer and shadowing experiences, good letters of rec and strong personal essays.

Is this what you did?
I’d write out Occupational Therapy. I’m a first year and we’ve been told to make sure you get in the habit of saying occupational therapy and not OT

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

I am applying to TWU, Texas Tech, ACU, and UTHSC. I have a 3.81 cumulative GPA and 4.0 prereq GPA. I have about 120 observation hours in outpatient hand, outpatient neuro, inpatient, pediatric outpatient, and skilled nursing. My GRE is average, but I have heard from a current student that many schools really look at GPA. I’m also nervous about my personal statement and lack of observation hours compared to those who work as tech or aides. I was a college athlete and had trouble finding time to observe during season and practices. Good luck to everyone applying!

Hi guys! Does anyone know if you can delete an OTCAS account? My reference uploaded a recommendation letter and addressed it to a specific school rather than general and I am applying to several and it is already marked complete so I cannot change it. So does anyone know how I can delete my current account and make a new one???

University: a UC
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.67
Last 45 GPA: 3.66
Pre-req GPA: 3.8-3.9 depending on schools
GRE: not taken yet … lol

Observation:
140 hours in pediatrics
40 hours in hand clinic

Extracurricular/experience:
Clinical medical assistant for a nephrology office
Research assistant for UCI school of medicine
Dean’s student administrative assistant
ABA therapist for 6 months
Pre-OT club
Powerlifting club
YMCA inclusion facilitator for 6 months
Therapy center intern for 1 year

LOR:
Research professor
OT I worked with in pediatrics clinic
and supervisor from UCI school of education

Applying: Samuel Merritt, USC, Stanbridge, WashU, Pacific U

Last edited:
UPDATE!!

University: UC Davis
Major: Human Development
Overall GPA: 3.99
Pre-Req GPA: 3.97
GRE: 164 V, 154 Q, 5 AW

Extra-Curric: Work as a paraeducator at elementary school, internship at preschool/experience 1:1 with boy with autism, research assistant in aging/cognition lab and lab studying autism, VP/founding officer of pre-OT club, Arts-Music-Inspire club member (we did art/music with kids in hospitals and group homes), Davis Aggie Lions club member (community service), patient care volunteer with hospice organization, assistant riding instructor at equestrian therapy center (3 years, provided riding lessons to kids and adults with disabilities)

Volunteer/Shadowing: 202 total with 94 in skilled nursing, 24 in outpatient peds, 42 in elementary school, 42 in hospital/acute rehab

Applying: USC, Stanbridge College, St. Catherine University, College of St. Scholastica, University of Minnesota (Rochester), University of South Dakota (I have family all over and will go anywhere that accepts me!!)

Acceptances: USC, Stanbridge, St. Catherine, College of St. Scholastica (will be attending!)

Rejections:

Interviews: Stanbridge (01/27), University of South Dakota (Declined)

Waitlist: University of Minnesota (Rochester)

I definitely have a few (more than a few) gray hairs after this process. I am so thankful to have gotten into some great programs and have a new place to call home in the fall as I embark on my journey to become an OT. My advice to people applying/on this forum - believe in yourself!!! :)
I was wondering if you could tell me that college of st. Scholastica conducted the interview for OT program before you got accepted there?
Thankd

I was wondering if you could tell me that college of st. Scholastica conducted the interview for OT program before you got accepted there?
Thankd
I also applied and was accepted to St. Scholastica and they do not conduct interviews.

I have officially applied to 6 programs via OTCAS. Here are my stats:
Applying to: TWU, UTMB, UTEP, TTech, ACU, ATSU
Major: Psychology Minor: Medicine and Society
Overall GPA: 3.58
Prerequisite GPA: 3.88-4.0 depending on program
GRE: 150V, 150Q, 4.0AW
Observation hours: 31 home health pediatrics, 34 inpatient brain injury rehabilitation
Volunteer: Children's Hospital Volunteer (30hours), Equestrian therapy (30 hours)
Work: Therapeutic recreation assistant at an adaptive recreation center exclusively serving individuals with disabilities
5 LORs: 1OT, 1 Cota, 2 Recreation therapists (my bosses), 1 A&P Professor

This is such an exciting, yet nerve-wracking process! I will keep you guys posted in regards to interview processes and possible acceptances!

Interviews: Texas Tech (10/12) UTMB Galveston (01/18 or 01/25) A.T. Still (declined interview)
Acceptances: Texas Tech (11/19)
Rejections:
Waitlisted:

Last edited: