This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ziggy606

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi eveyone!

Just looking for a bit of advice. I'm a D3 and I had originally intended on coming straight out of school and joining a practice owned by my parent. But after going to school and being in the clinic I am starting to wonder if I am going to feel confident enough in my skills to just jump right in. I'm not looking specialize just a FYI. Does anyone have an experience with a GPR and working at a practice at the same time? Any other advice?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can be successful either way, but I am a huge advocate of GPR’s/AEGD’s. You’ll get your hands on a lot of cases that will make your transition to PP a lot more comfortable. Doesn’t matter what school you go to, there are going to be things you are uncomfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is kind of a random question, but do you think that even a guy ranked at the bottom of his class could get into a GPR (a GPR, not necessarily a good GPR). Cause if the guy sucks, he probably could benefit from a gpr lol.

This is kind of a random question, but do you think that even a guy ranked at the bottom of his class could get into a GPR (a GPR, not necessarily a good GPR). Cause if the guy sucks, he probably could benefit from a gpr lol.
of course, there are more residency spots than there are applicants to GPRs iirc

Members don't see this ad :)
Go straight to private practice and collect your mulah! You can always learn whatever else that interests you later.