Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they dont have interview system but if u ask for interview date s then they might give date and that may create some impact on her...

Could you please provide more info about the interview? How does it work? Who should we contact with? By email or phone call? Do you know anyone who was successfully assigned an interview? Thanks.

Hi,

I does NOVA look for toefl score or they look for specific criteria from international Pharmacist applicants????

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,
i have 3.85 gpa in BS and will complete MS in this may 2008 ..last year also applied and went for interview but didnt get into usn...this year going on 19th feb?what r my chances to get in?how shd i improve myself ?

Even i had applied to usn and got a call from dean on this monday, 18th. Can any one tell me the advantages over nova southeastern university. Some people told me that nova will not let you know until june. Is it true?

Even i had applied to usn and got a call from dean on this monday, 18th. Can any one tell me the advantages over nova southeastern university. Some people told me that nova will not let you know until june. Is it true?

thats true....but i think usn is very good uni. nova has less fees than usn thats the only diff. hey when did u interview for usn?mine was on 19th feb. whast ur background? whats ur academic profile?

hi i have also applied to nova in october of 2007. have not heard anything from them as of now. i dont understand one thing they dont pick up the calls and they do reply your emails. i mean they dont even let you know the status of the application. i just dont get it. did anyone hear from them of the acceptance for the fall 2008 class. when do they start sending the acceptance letter.. have a overall GPA of 3.9..

I called the program today and I was told that final decision will be made by June or July.

As for the interview, since they are extremely busy right now and if we really want to meet with Dr. Lai, we have to wait until March.

thats true....but i think usn is very good uni. nova has less fees than usn thats the only diff. hey when did u interview for usn?mine was on 19th feb. whast ur background? whats ur academic profile?

I called the program today and I was told that final decision will be made by June or July.

As for the interview, since they are extremely busy right now and if we really want to meet with Dr. Lai, we have to wait until March.

i have tried to call them several times sbut they are not even picking up the phone..............what the hell is this???:mad:

anyways where else have u applied ?whats ur back ground??

I applied ONLY for Nova.

I have one M.S. in Pharmaceutics from china and one M.S. in Pharmaceutics from here. My background is about novel formulation R&D. How about you?

I applied ONLY for Nova.

I have one M.S. in Pharmaceutics from china and one M.S. in Pharmaceutics from here. My background is about novel formulation R&D. How about you?

thats gr8..mine is BS in pharmacy from india and MS in pharmacology and toxicology(Last semester) from here(LIU, NY) so why did u applied only one uni? did u applied as an internatioanl student?

Could you please provide more info about the interview? How does it work? Who should we contact with? By email or phone call? Do you know anyone who was successfully assigned an interview? Thanks.
i think we shd contact by phone but they are not picking up the phone and not replying to e mail either. so i am also stucked up... dont know what to do? u also applied to USN right? what happend to it?

I did not apply for any other Pharm.D. programs besides Nova. Yes, I am an international student.

I have several reasons for applying for just one school. First, tuition fee of other Pharm.D. programs is too high for me. Second, I may pursue Ph.D. in pharmacy administration if I cannot get into Nova although I really want to be a clinical pharmacist eventually.

Did you have any pharmacy practice experience? I have never been a pharmacist and I've been doing research for almost ten years. I just had a little bit volunteer experience in pharmacy store. How about you?

thats gr8..mine is BS in pharmacy from india and MS in pharmacology and toxicology(Last semester) from here(LIU, NY) so why did u applied only one uni? did u applied as an internatioanl student?

hay i have also complested my bachelor of pharmacy from India. nd nothin from western or nova...from western i got an answer that they will make call at the begining of April...about interview calls

Members don't see this ad :)
hay go4it,,i also applied in NVOA in Dec2007. i got an email regarding they recieved my all documents..nd application..so did u get anythin like this?

Hello,

I just applied to NOVA as an international student (kind of late :(, last minute decision). Its been three weeks since I submitted the application and not a word from them yet on the status. What makes me so mad :mad: is that no one ever answers the phone there.

>Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD program?
>If you have applied to this program, have you heard anything back from them since you submitted the application?

Formulation is a good major! I can not understand why you want to change to Pharmacist or pharmacy administration. If you have a PhD in formulation, you will have the same payment as a pharmacist and much more bright future. Plus in Phd program you will have scholarship.

By the way, I am from CPU. Nice to see you!

I applied ONLY for Nova.

I know that the job market is great, at least right now, for formulation majors. But I am more interested in becoming a clinical pharmacist here if I could. And I fully understand that people won't understand why I would switch from Ph.D. in formulation to .... You are right. I had financial aid when I was in graduate school. However, being a clinical pharmacist, who is capable of individualization of dose regimens, is my dream.

My first M.S. was from CPU. Nice to meet you here!

Formulation is a good major! I can not understand why you want to change to Pharmacist or pharmacy administration. If you have a PhD in formulation, you will have the same payment as a pharmacist and much more bright future. Plus in Phd program you will have scholarship.

By the way, I am from CPU. Nice to see you!

hey anybody knows what are the criteria for getting into international pharmD program in NOVA?what they look into ur application or its on ur luck?

hey anybody knows what are the criteria for getting into international pharmD program in NOVA?what they look into ur application or its on ur luck?

Nobody knows! Except those who succeffully applied last year, so let's CALL THEM UP!
RSK,SHERINA,GVSK,dipbuck,VKG1116 and more, If you guys have time, please give us some help!:D

Nobody knows! Except those who succeffully applied last year, so let's CALL THEM UP!
RSK,SHERINA,GVSK,dipbuck,VKG1116 and more, If you guys have time, please give us some help!:D
hi i called up dipbuck he told that there are no selection criteria it only depends on ur luck..most prob they look into ur toefl score but still that is not the real criteria coz he said there are also students got admitted who has toefl score(ibt) 72, 76,80 so its all on ur luck how lucky u r !!!
well dipbuck himself had 287(CBT) and one of my frd had 114(ibt) but guys keep ur finger crossed!!!u never know....

I called Tracy today to ask whether they got my TOEFL score. Unfortunately they still did not get it yet. I requested ETS to send it again, but it will take another three weeks. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Also Tracy told me that they started to review our application and their final decision will be made this month or next month. Then I called Alicia again b/c she told me last time that we can hear from them about their final decision in June or July. She still told the same thing today. So I got confused...

I called Tracy today to ask whether they got my TOEFL score. Unfortunately they still did not get it yet. I requested ETS to send it again, but it will take another three weeks. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Also Tracy told me that they started to review our application and their final decision will be made this month or next month. Then I called Alicia again b/c she told me last time that we can hear from them about their final decision in June or July. She still told the same thing today. So I got confused...

i guess alicia is right ...they will let us know by the end of june..coz 2 of my frd studying in NOVA they told they wont take decision by june...so be patience ...

i guess alicia is right ...they will let us know by the end of june..coz 2 of my frd studying in NOVA they told they wont take decision by june...so be patience ...

I think they both right.
Have you read the post by GO4it?
"Great questions...I am wondering the same thing. I think they first send out few acceptances and wait for those who got accepted to reply to their offer whether they'll accept the admission or not and based on those replies if needed they send out more acceptances etc..."

So I think they will send first few accept letters on May. The rest applications are on the waiting list. Then they will send some more accpet letter based on the reponse around June or July. What alicia said should be the last deadline to be accepted.

Nova Intl Pharm.D. program has about 400 applicants this year. Last year they had around 500 and they admitted 35.

Nova Intl Pharm.D. program has about 400 applicants this year. Last year they had around 500 and they admitted 35.

Are you sure? what I heard is this year Nova has more than 1400 applications!

I did not verify the number, but that was what Tracy told me...

If you did not mis-listen what Tracy said. I think 400 should be the number of applications with all required materials. Dr. Lai told me that each year there are lots of students sieved out because of missing of required documents.
Today is Mach 13 now, so they should already start to review our materials. The first job should be pick up all the quarlified applications.
I got the 1400 number from Monica who is the new secretary on Feb 25.

whatever, we can do nothing now.

They just received my TOEFL score yesterday. Could I have already been screened out? I am so worrying about this.

If you did not mis-listen what Tracy said. I think 400 should be the number of applications with all required materials. Dr. Lai told me that each year there are lots of students sieved out because of missing of required documents.
Today is Mach 13 now, so they should already start to review our materials. The first job should be pick up all the quarlified applications.
I got the 1400 number from Monica who is the new secretary on Feb 25.

whatever, we can do nothing now.

I called Monica today, asking about my delayed arrival TOEFL score. I was told since my application has not been reviewed yet, I am fine there.

Also I asked her about the amount of students applying for the INTERNATIONAL Pharm.D. Program. What she told me was also 400, which is the same as what Tracy told me. Could 1400 or 1600 be the number for the entry level Pharm.D. applicants or something else? I am just guessing. I know this is meaningless.

hi,guys. I want to check if my application materials are complete or not. What's the telephone number should I call? Thx.:oops:

Cherubtessie: Call Tracy at 954-262-1112 to check your status.

end of march or beginning of april 2008 thats what she mean.
sorry about typo.

End of March? So soon?
[FONT=宋体]Ebscn posted that he called on March 14 and was informed that his application has not been reviewed yet..
[FONT=宋体]15 days for them to make the decision, prepare the accept dcouments and send all the mails!.
[FONT=宋体]what a high efficiency!.

End of March? So soon?
[FONT=宋体]Ebscn posted that he called on March 14 and was informed that his application has not been reviewed yet..
[FONT=宋体]15 days for them to make the decision, prepare the accept dcouments and send all the mails!.
[FONT=宋体]what a high efficiency!.

I've also got confused. Someone says they haven't reviewed yet, but someone says they're reviewing the applications. Just to wait~~:oops:

I've also got confused. Someone says they haven't reviewed yet, but someone says they're reviewing the applications. Just to wait~~:oops:

Called admission department today. the secretary told me my files are still under evaluation. they will send accept letters end of this month or April.

I also called Tracy 4 days ago,and seems she or someone else is on vocation. So she told me she can not check my status.

hey i have got my interview in western.. havnt heard anything from nova but they said tht will get reply by next week lets see

hey guys.. i called renee and magie they said they will start sending out acceptances now.. so lets keep our fingers crossed...

i have got interview...

hi,guys. I want to check if my application materials are complete or not. What's the telephone number should I call? Thx.:oops:
i called this number 9542621300 it worked for me

maybe is the listening problem~~haha

may be 1400 or 400:)

Hope you are right!
it cannot be 1400 probably tht many ppl dun even tho about the international program.. am guessing

hey guys...has anyone heard from western for the interview call this week yet??
icon5.gif

I heard from western long back and am constantly in touch with them.. the counselors are very helpful.. i have started studying for IA exam.. its not tht difficult.. but i dont have textbooks they are asking to refer... tell me if anyone else is preparing too..

lets keep eachother updated about it..
Thanks

hi i have also applied to nova in october of 2007. have not heard anything from them as of now. i dont understand one thing they dont pick up the calls and they do reply your emails. i mean they dont even let you know the status of the application. i just dont get it. did anyone hear from them of the acceptance for the fall 2008 class. when do they start sending the acceptance letter.. have a overall GPA of 3.9..

hey you are not the only one facing this problem.. there admissions administration is horrible... they just dun reply i dunno why

hey tell me more about USN i dunno which uni is this and what course in this uni we have to look for.. thanks

hey i have got my interview in western.. havnt heard anything from nova but they said tht will get reply by next week lets see

It's closing~~~~~I feel nervous~~~~~~~~Good Luck:):p

hay how abt western uni IA exam? any good suggestions for exam or interview?

hey tell me more about USN i dunno which uni is this and what course in this uni we have to look for.. thanks

I've called the admission department today. My status is still under review. According to last year's situation, it might be meaning "rejection".sigh~~~~~~~