Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys,
I was accepted to Int Pharm D this fall. i am looking for a room to rent there now. If anyone has any idea or want to share a room, let me know.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have two questions here for you.

First is about the pre-registration fee. What should say on the check? I mean "Pay to the order of" whom? Health Professions Division? Or anything else?

Second is about the loan. Since I am an international student, can I get the federal loan you mentioned below?

Thanks.

Pay to "Nova Southeastern University" and if your name is not already on the check, put it in the memo line ("for ebscnlotus"), along with your 'N number' (student number) if you have it.

Unfortunately you will have to be a US citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for the Federal Stafford Loans that I was referring to. You may be able to get private loans from banks but it will be difficult.

hey guys,
I was accepted to Int Pharm D this fall. i am looking for a room to rent there now. If anyone has any idea or want to share a room, let me know.
Thanks

Congratulations and welcome!

Nova has on-campus housing, information here: http://www.nova.edu/reslife/oncampus/graduate.html

and a service to help find off-campus housing and room mates: http://www.nova.edu/reslife/offcampus/index.html

2 bed/2 bath apartments near the campus cost around $1,200/month.

Where are you located? You may like to go to Fort Lauderdale ahead of time to see the area. And maybe try to get in touch with your classmates to find a room mate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in Minnesota now. Kind of hard to move since the cost for car shipping is not cheap. Thanks so much for your help. The page is really helpful. i hope i can find a roomate to share a room since the rent there is really expensive.

First is about the pre-registration fee. What should say on the check? I mean "Pay to the order of" whom? Health Professions Division? Or anything else?

Second is about the loan. Since I am an international student, can I get the federal loan you mentioned below?

Thanks.
....paying the pre - reg fee...How about calling Tracy's Office ( Assistant director, admissions) either she or her staff wld give u the directions.... any one there can redirect u to the burser's ofice where u can pay on phone. if you prefer paying by money order or cheque, they would give u the address to pay to! thier number is 954262300 or 954262112. (ext 1112) her secretary's number is 9542621123
hope this helps:)

Thanks.

About financial Aid - looks like international students have the only option of seeking for loans as a source of finanacial aid! if you know a US citizen or someone with permanent resident status who is ready to cosign for u to get the loan, 95% of your problems is solved!
the banks/ loan companies i came across are:
Bank One
Citibank
access group loans
mefa
www.globalslc.com
www.finaid.org/loans
www.thinkfinancial.com
www.internationalstudentloan.com

im still researching on these to find a good one to apply to! join the wagon!

All things are possible!

hi guys , i have received my rejection letter ...oh man it really hurts............

Hey Mingleandy .......sorry......When did u receive it? I havent received anything yet......I dont know,,,now I am very nervous.......:( Wt abt USN!!!!!!!!have u heard anything from them?:confused: I havent either........

hi guys , i have received my rejection letter ...oh man it really hurts............

comf~hug you!
So what you will do? Any back up plan?

Hey dont worry even i have got rejection with gpa of 4.0 and a high tofel score... did you call and ask why they rejected..??

hey whats yr back up plan?? i still hv IPBP interview on 25th so am not completely shatered

Hey dont worry even i have got rejection with gpa of 4.0 and a high tofel score... did you call and ask why they rejected..??

Hey Sando.. I havent received anything yet......I called last week and she told me my file is under review...I dont know wt is that mean???????? mY GPA is 3.78........Have u asked them why they rejected u eventhough u have good gpa and toefl score???/......hey i have also interview at western on 25th april........

Hey Sando.. I havent received anything yet......I called last week and she told me my file is under review...I dont know wt is that mean???????? mY GPA is 3.78........Have u asked them why they rejected u eventhough u have good gpa and toefl score???/......hey i have also interview at western on 25th april........

hey nice.. so am coming on 24th and we will be together for the interview... awesome... my name is mansi so we can talk on that day... if you tell me your name.. i can may be come and speak with you and we can have some company ... i havnt called nova to ask.. cuz no one answers so just waste of time... hows yr prep for IA exam going??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hay,
I have an interview in western uni too... but mine is on 24th..i didnt get anything yet from Nova might be it is rejection....hows prep going on? are u all guys on student visa?????any good suggestions for IA exam?

hey nice.. so am coming on 24th and we will be together for the interview... awesome... my name is mansi so we can talk on that day... if you tell me your name.. i can may be come and speak with you and we can have some company ... i havnt called nova to ask.. cuz no one answers so just waste of time... hows yr prep for IA exam going??

Hay,
I have an interview in western uni too... but mine is on 24th..i didnt get anything yet from Nova might be it is rejection....hows prep going on? are u all guys on student visa?????any good suggestions for IA exam?

Hey ead2go,
I havent received anything yet....so I am still hoping for it...and I dont want to lose hope..neways...mine is on 25th..No,t u???? I dont have student visa....wt abt u?

Cogratulation to all of them who got admission to nova. Well what's there selection process? My GPA is 3.88 and TOEFL is 95. What r the chances of mine getting selected? I am doing MS here in Florida now.

Right.. well i am also permenant resident ..Any tips on IA exam and interview..its just so much information to remember..i am already exhausted !!! well i gave up NOVA and decided to just focus on WesternU since there is not much we can do except wait !!

Hey ead2go,
I havent received anything yet....so I am still hoping for it...and I dont want to lose hope..neways...mine is on 25th..No,t u???? I dont have student visa....wt abt u?

Cogratulation to all of them who got admission to nova. Well what's there selection process? My GPA is 3.88 and TOEFL is 95. What r the chances of mine getting selected? I am doing MS here in Florida now.

God knows what they are upto... ppl thr are ******s.. i had a gpa of 4.0 and 100 in toefl dunno what more.. best recomendations, even frm dean.. anyways i am not going to apply next yr again.. i dun lik tht school anymore

Right.. well i am also permenant resident ..Any tips on IA exam and interview..its just so much information to remember..i am already exhausted !!! well i gave up NOVA and decided to just focus on WesternU since there is not much we can do except wait !!

hey good decision... i have cousin in florida and he says nova is last option for ppl thr... anyways you guys havnt heard anything yet so you can keep hope on.. i already gt my rejection.. so i am moving ahead... i am a permenant resident too... i am not on student visa... and about IA exam do whatever you can.. they need 60% to pass.. i agree thr is just too much to remember... and somethings are not edited properly.. sometime i dun get any idea about wat it is trying to say and i dont have my textbooks on me..so just doing whatever i can

God knows what they are upto... ppl thr are ******s.. i had a gpa of 4.0 and 100 in toefl dunno what more.. best recomendations, even frm dean.. anyways i am not going to apply next yr again.. i dun lik tht school anymore

Hi sando, What does your rejection letter say ? does it say anything about why you got rejected ?

hey good decision... i have cousin in florida and he says nova is last option for ppl thr... anyways you guys havnt heard anything yet so you can keep hope on.. i already gt my rejection.. so i am moving ahead... i am a permenant resident too... i am not on student visa... and about IA exam do whatever you can.. they need 60% to pass.. i agree thr is just too much to remember... and somethings are not edited properly.. sometime i dun get any idea about wat it is trying to say and i dont have my textbooks on me..so just doing whatever i can
Why dont you go higher up ? send email to Dean ...and also to governer of Florida..tell them your concern ? and also ask them to be clear on their criteria and what candidates they choose and why not you instead of him/her!!!

Hey ead2go and sando,

i am also permenant resident.....For IA exam......i am reading provided material....its very lenghy....and some topics they didnt exlained well.....like I didnt understand chemistry..phamacogenemics and all......I dont know wt is the right way ot prepare...and Its been 3 years for graduation.so u know everything is brain wash and dont have anybooks either.....

With all due respect, I don't know where your cousin got his/her information, but the great majority of the pre-pharms I know love Nova and want to go there. Their admissions staff is rude and sometimes even incompetent, but once you get pass them, the school is a great place to get your education.

With all due respect, I don't know where your cousin got his/her information, but the great majority of the pre-pharms I know love Nova and want to go there. Their admissions staff is rude and sometimes even incompetent, but once you get pass them, the school is a great place to get your education.

lokote,
it seems like u are a current student......are u in international pharmd ? or u already done ur pharmd???? I havent heard anything from nova yet...and they keep saying that my file is under review.....wt is that mean?? plse give some information.........

same here.. i have finished my gradution before 3 yrs..and donna have any books either...

Hey ead2go and sando,

i am also permenant resident.....For IA exam......i am reading provided material....its very lenghy....and some topics they didnt exlained well.....like I didnt understand chemistry..phamacogenemics and all......I dont know wt is the right way ot prepare...and Its been 3 years for graduation.so u know everything is brain wash and dont have anybooks either.....

I don't know anything. I just got accepted to start this fall as a level entry PharmD. You guys are right about the admissions staff being disorganized and incompetent sometimes, if not most of the time, but I just don't think Nova is the last choice for South Florida students as someone mentioned. I have some friends who are P2s and P3s and they all love the program, it is only a matter of getting through the admissions staff in my opinion, although they do give us a very bad impression. I wish you guys the best.

Hello,

I just applied to NOVA as an international student (kind of late :(, last minute decision). Its been three weeks since I submitted the application and not a word from them yet on the status. What makes me so mad :mad: is that no one ever answers the phone there.

>Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD program?
>If you have applied to this program, have you heard anything back from them since you submitted the application?

I also applied in NOVA ,,,, but i haven't get any thing yet..... Have u heard anything from then? and did u apply to Western University, CA?

I'm newly accepted student in NOVA's International PharmD program and I'm planning to visit the University to meet some students and faculty in next week;do you have any suggestions for me (best days to visit and places in campus where I can meet current students)
I'm currently staying in Jacksonville, FL

Those who have received the acceptance letter, have you received any other materials later?:oops:

Those who have received the acceptance letter, have you received any other materials later?:oops:

I still don't receive any other materials. May be they will send them out after they receive the $1,000.

l

hey getting in and saying this is easy tho.. rejection hurts.. specially after being such a good student and very hard working.. anyways good luck to all who got in this year.. and yea the rejection letter doesnt say anything its just a piece of paper saying i regret and good luck for future... i am going to mail the dean dunno how much response i will get b/c till now i have mailed 25 times and no one has ever replied... well my cousin who said this got admissions in big names lik duke and john hopkins for med... so may since i got reject he told me to make me feel better... i am sure the cirriculum must be good.. i hv few frnds in international program and they said its good

l

hey getting in and saying this is easy tho.. rejection hurts.. specially after being such a good student and very hard working.. anyways good luck to all who got in this year.. and yea the rejection letter doesnt say anything its just a piece of paper saying i regret and good luck for future... i am going to mail the dean dunno how much response i will get b/c till now i have mailed 25 times and no one has ever replied... well my cousin who said this got admissions in big names lik duke and john hopkins for med... so may since i got reject he told me to make me feel better... i am sure the cirriculum must be good.. i hv few frnds in international program and they said its good

Hi Sando, Whats your name ? where are you from ? what college did you get BS from ? and where are you studying now ? what is your future plans since you got rejected in NOVA ?

hi.....when did u receive acceptance letter from NOVA?

has any one who recently got acceptance in NOVA...?
bye the way who r going for IPBP...best of luck..all of u...

any new acceptance to Nova?

To this day, I still have NOT received an acceptance or denial letter from Nova International PharmD Program.

Today is April 25th. For those or are in the same boat as me, what are your thoughts? Are our chances getting slimmer each day that passes by with no correspondence from Nova? Or should we still keep patience and hope that they are still mailing out letters of acceptances?

well i got a rejection letter from nova today - it was mailed out on 4/25, i guess since i am in Florida i got it so early.

I have got rejection letter on Saturday and was mailed on 4/23.

I have got rejection letter on Saturday and was mailed on 4/23.
What u guys r going to do next?whats ur future plans,,,,i got rejection from western,,,,waiting for rejection from nova..hehe,,,,hope they r waitlisting some of us and sending out rejection later...

What u guys r going to do next?whats ur future plans,,,,i got rejection from western,,,,waiting for rejection from nova..hehe,,,,hope they r waitlisting some of us and sending out rejection later...

Hey Kuttu,
How come you know that u r rejected form western? They just finished interview and exams...Have u given exams??????? I was interviewed on 25th april...and they told us wt for 2 weeks......now, I am wting for their reply.....last hope for this year.......next year ......may be do something else.....wt abt u?????????????

or they just sending rejection letters to the rest of students?

any news acceptance or rejection?

i called 2day, no one picks up the phone....

anyone heard about western IA exam and acceptance?

I think it's too early for us to hear anything from Western. I didn't apply to Nova, but a friend of mine got her rejection before we did our interview at Western (and she doesn't even live in the States). So I am thinking that they don't send out their decision letters all at the same time. If you haven't heard anything from Nova, it could be good news b/c they may be holding you for a position that may open up later.

Nova news: everyone will get their decision letter by end of this week. I visited Nova, and thats what admission people told me. however they did not tell my status.

good luck to all who are waiting.

so do u know that upto now how many they accepted?....i think there r total 35 seats...so did u ask them how many seats left?????..byre the way good luck to u....
Nova news: everyone will get their decision letter by end of this week. I visited Nova, and thats what admission people told me. however they did not tell my status.

good luck to all who are waiting.

so do u know that upto now how many they accepted?....i think there r total 35 seats...so did u ask them how many seats left?????..byre the way good luck to u....

I asked them but their reply was the same "decision letter mailed out for everyone".

I havent received anything yet !!! any body else who has received something from NOVA recently ? I also tried to call but no answer !!
I asked them but their reply was the same "decision letter mailed out for everyone".

did anyone got acceptance letter from western uni?

hi...i just got the rejection letter ....from NOVA.....