Has anyone applied to NOVA's International PharmD Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received the acceptance letter or package?

Members don't see this ad.

Flash News: Decision Letter Have Been Mailed And Shall Be Receiving Them Shortly....

This Was The Exact Words Of Dr Leane Lai's Assistant.

I do not know other guys, and I did not receive anything. Also I think my files are still under evaluation.

Last year they received accept letter in the end of April, as quoted above. so be patient.

I guess they will not tell you the result on phone based on their policy, so " still be reviewed" would be a good excuse even they may already finish the process.

the secretary only said "will' or "soon", so we still do not know when they will send accept letters. You know, sometimes "soon" means a long time:(

No matter good or bad news, if anyone receive something, please let us share~

Members don't see this ad :)
have not heard anything yet. will keep posted if anything comes in.

i heard they have started to shortlist the name of candidates............

I am very curious who tlold you this.
from officer in Nova or just rumor?
well it could be rumor but one of my frd studying in nova and he called me up yesterday and informed me ...so lets see . jsut wait.........good luck

well it could be rumor but one of my frd studying in nova and he called me up yesterday and informed me ...so lets see . jsut wait.........good luck

Well lets not start panicking with these rumors..just hang on till one of us gets an actual latter from NOVA. By now, everyone knows that their term of evaluation is coming to an end. And we will be expecting something soon ( I would say ..give it at least one more week) ..and relax people !!!

Thank you for share this
Do well and have well!
Good luck!

What do you mean by "shortlist the name of candidates"?

I got IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just received the accept letter!
This year they only send 2 pieces of paper. the other materials will be sent soon.
I live in Miami, so I think you guys will receive your letters soon!

Congratulations on your acceptance WilliamlH!
I hope to receive a letter soon too now that they've started sending out the first batch of letters..
Good luck everyone else. Please do share the good news when you find out.

I got IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This year they only send 2 pieces of paper. the other materials will be sent soon.

congrats!!
When did they send the letter?:)

Members don't see this ad :)
it was sent on March 31

Thanks every one! Hope to see you all this fall in NOVA

Congratulations! Williamlh1982

hey williamlh...congratulations......:)
hey can u plse tell me was it regular mail or certified mail???????????
Now I am very nerveous.....:confused:
it was sent on March 31

Thanks every one! Hope to see you all this fall in NOVA

I think it is regular mail. I did not sign to receive it.
When I went home, it lied in my mailbox

congrats! William.

I just got the acceptance letter today. I am in Columbus, OH.

congrajulations William and ebs... for getting in NOVA.. i am holding my breath on the letter. have not received anything yet. i am in texas dont know how long it will take to reach.. please god help us all...
hi guyz who got accepted can u please post your stats and when you guys applied and what all the things like LOR and how many did you guyz send...please please respond... really really worried... Thanks guyz and good to the guyz who are still waiting like me...

Congrats to William and ebs.

Anyone know how many acceptance they might have send so far?

congratulations william....u r one of the lucky guy who got in?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know other guys, and I did not receive anything. Also I think my files are still under evaluation.

Last year they received accept letter in the end of April, as quoted above. so be patient.

I guess they will not tell you the result on phone based on their policy, so " still be reviewed" would be a good excuse even they may already finish the process.

the secretary only said "will' or "soon", so we still do not know when they will send accept letters. You know, sometimes "soon" means a long time:(

No matter good or bad news, if anyone receive something, please let us share~

That is strange they do not give you certified acceptance letter. For the entry-level PharmD program at NOVA, everyone who gets in gets a certified acceptance letter.

But I guess it is done differently for the int'l program.

I am friend of Williamlh.

He was PhD student in biochemistry at one of the Florida public schools.

with a bachelor of pharmacy from China Pharmaceutical university.

I think his stats (GPA wise) were OK, but not sky high, like some of the previous posters.

So if someone does not have a 3.9 GPA, do not give up hope!

I got in the international program!!!!!hard to describe~~~~~~~:D:):laugh::smuggrin:
Thanks to all for your help.

Another question, how do you reply to the school for the acceptance letter? By mail or by e-mail? And is the pre-registration fee paid by check or other ways?( Forgive my stupid question~~~~)

I got in the international program!!!!!hard to describe~~~~~~~:D:):laugh::smuggrin:
Thanks to all for your help.

Another question, how do you reply to the school for the acceptance letter? By mail or by e-mail? And is the pre-registration fee paid by check or other ways?( Forgive my stupid question~~~~)

I have the same question. the letter did not say too much~
I will ask them next Monday

Hi Williamlh1982, cherubtessie, ebscnlotus,

Congrats!!! Can you share your stats.

Congratulations and welcome to those who were admitted! I am from the class of 2007 so if you have any questions, post them up here and I'll try to answer them.

I received the acceptance letter two days ago, and I live in San Jose. The acceptance letter ask me to submit three recommendation letters, but I already submitted them during my application. I confuse that whether I need to submit them again or submit the extra three letters. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

I received the acceptance letter two days ago, and I live in San Jose. The acceptance letter ask me to submit three recommendation letters, but I already submitted them during my application. I confuse that whether I need to submit them again or submit the extra three letters. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Well at least the good news is u have been accepted! u may want to call their office to verify if u really need to resend those LORs. if they ask u to, may be because they have misplaced the ones u've sent, then u can arrange for the LORs to be resent to them!

Congratulations and welcome to those who were admitted! I am from the class of 2007 so if you have any questions, post them up here and I'll try to answer them.

:love: wow ! thanx pezdispenser:D there are a number of questions i need clarified....
how do we pay the preregistration money- is it by check or postal order
how about financial aid? how did u go about arranging for it? Which loaning companies did u consider? which would u recommend!:confused:

Hi All, Any Idea on..how many acceptance letters they have sent ..I have yet to receive anything from them and they are keep saying my file is under review !!! I guess i have not received anything that means rejection !! Right ?

Hi All, Any Idea on..how many acceptance letters they have sent ..I have yet to receive anything from them and they are keep saying my file is under review !!! I guess i have not received anything that means rejection !! Right ?

Hey ead2go...I am in the same boat. I called admission office today, and she told me same thing that my application is under review. I will be notified by this month or next month..I dont know wt is that mean? However, I dont want to loose my hope.......so be patience.....wt & watch......thats wt we can only do.....

i dont think so thst means rejection......because one of my friend who already received his rejection letter..and we havent received anything..we might be on waiting list or we will receive our acceptance or rejection letters soon!!!!!!!

I called them few minutes ago. The secretary told me there are two way to pay it: by phone or by mail.
The mail address is: 3200 south university drive, Fort lauderdale, FL 33328
The phone number may be the same number when we pay application fee. I am not sure.

i dont think so thst means rejection......because one of my friend who already received his rejection letter..and we havent received anything..we might be on waiting list or we will receive our acceptance or rejection letters soon!!!!!!!

I am not sure other persons, but I and ebs both has a MS degree owned in US. So it may be a different story for you if you applied from you home country.
Hope this can help you!

Hi William, I am from CT,USA...my educated guess will be...they send letters as they process each application..whether it is for rejection or acceptance and our application has not be touched yet and still under review !!

Hi William, I am from CT,USA...my educated guess will be...they send letters as they process each application..whether it is for rejection or acceptance and our application has not be touched yet and still under review !!

I agree with you. maybe this is the truth. My accept letter do have some requirement specific to my condition.
So be patient.

IF you dont mind me asking..what kind of requirement ?

IF you dont mind me asking..what kind of requirement ?

I must finsh the study in my current university before registration day, otherwise they can not give me a NEW I20 form. You know US goverment forbid international students registed at two university at same time.

I called them few minutes ago. The secretary told me there are two way to pay it: by phone or by mail.
The mail address is: 3200 south university drive, Fort lauderdale, FL 33328
The phone number may be the same number when we pay application fee. I am not sure.

Who and which phone number did you call?

Easiest way to pay the pre-registration money is by check.

For financial aid, things have changed recently because the government has cut subsidies to lenders, so I don't really know which lender to choose now. Maybe have a look at the Financial Aid forum on studentdoctor

Nova has information here: http://pharmacy.nova.edu/NewWebsite/FinAid101.html and you may contact the Financial Aid office for help. Note that the College of Pharmacy is in the Health Professions Division and the HPD has its own Financial Aid office so you should contact that one first.

The basic steps are to:
1. get a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov
2. fill out a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- they will give you your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Nova sets 'Cost of Attendance' around $45k so you can get financial aid of COA minus EFC.
3. I think the Financial Aid office handles it from here so work with them to choose your lender, get your disbursement, etc.

Its been a while since we've had a post here...so, I thought I say "hello :) " to everyone.

For those who are taking the IPBP exam & interview at Western U...How are you preparing for the exam & the interview?

For those who applied to NOVA's international program...Have you heard anything from them yet?

Take care!!!
i am preparing for ipbp IA exam lets hope for the best.. and nova has send the acceptance so by next week everyone will come to know about thr status

I am very curious who tlold you this.
from officer in Nova or just rumor?

Hey guys i talked to monica today and she said they have send the accpetance n will recieve by next week.. so keep yr fingures crossed

Congratulationssssssss

Hey keep patince dun give up hope.... i called them today and they said i should getting something soon.. dun give up hope

There are lots of people who already got their acceptance letters by first week of April ...but i am still waiting ..i haven't heard anything except my file is under review !!!

Hi Any tips on IA exam ?

I have two questions here for you.

First is about the pre-registration fee. What should say on the check? I mean "Pay to the order of" whom? Health Professions Division? Or anything else?

Second is about the loan. Since I am an international student, can I get the federal loan you mentioned below?

Thanks.

Easiest way to pay the pre-registration money is by check.

For financial aid, things have changed recently because the government has cut subsidies to lenders, so I don't really know which lender to choose now. Maybe have a look at the Financial Aid forum on studentdoctor

Nova has information here: http://pharmacy.nova.edu/NewWebsite/FinAid101.html and you may contact the Financial Aid office for help. Note that the College of Pharmacy is in the Health Professions Division and the HPD has its own Financial Aid office so you should contact that one first.

The basic steps are to:
1. get a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov
2. fill out a FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- they will give you your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Nova sets 'Cost of Attendance' around $45k so you can get financial aid of COA minus EFC.
3. I think the Financial Aid office handles it from here so work with them to choose your lender, get your disbursement, etc.