Has anyone been accepted to UT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually looking at it more closely now it seems like we all have just been accepted to the UT undergraduate program for Pharmacy. But looking at past threads this is a pretty good indicator that you will get an acceptance letter.

Members don't see this ad.

I posted this message on the Pharmacy forum, but nobody responded. Does anybody know the typical schedule for a P1? What time classes usually start and end? If I get in (and that is a really big IF), I will be commuting and I have to make some daycare decisions. Thanks to anyone who could provide some insight..... :)

Actually looking at it more closely now it seems like we all have just been accepted to the UT undergraduate program for Pharmacy. But looking at past threads this is a pretty good indicator that you will get an acceptance letter.

I'm not sure but I doubt they'd decieve students with this link that asks us for an enrollment deposit and orientation visit with the College of Pharmacy. I'm gunna call Monday and make sure for real though.

Members don't see this ad :)

thx for replying, and you guys def got in! congrats again :) well...i wish my status told me something, but nah..lol more waiting for me, i'm a reapplicant so hopefullyyyy i won't get another reject letter this yr, haha

oh and jus wondering...does everyone have a degree?

oh and jus wondering...does everyone have a degree?

Are you sure we got in?! I really hope so cuz I can't call until Tuesday! lol Anywayz I'm about graduate with a degree in Biochem from guess where. Most of the people I've met at the interview were applying with the intention of not graduating with degrees.

Lat

Are you sure we got in?! I really hope so cuz I can't call until Tuesday! lol Anywayz I'm about graduate with a degree in Biochem from guess where. Most of the people I've met at the interview were applying with the intention of not graduating with degrees.

Lat
i believe so! it just makes sense, why else would they admit you to UT? certainly not as an undergrad... i remember someone from last yr getting a letter about getting immunization shots for UT before she was informed of her acceptance and she got in...

I'm a reapplicant as well...when did you interview?
i'm a reapplic also...cross fingers* and wish really really hard for an acceptance letter, lol

wow that really would suck if they made you think that you were gettin in but really didn't. i bet you all are safe, especially since your status was updated around the time of the admissions meeting (april 5th) i hope i get an email this week!

it looks like none of the reapplicants have heard back yet...i wonder if they have a separate meeting for us or something...anyway hopefully they will accept all of us very soon!!!

judging from the lack of the response, is it safe to say that none of the march 23/24 interviewers have gotten in... I hope everyone from the feb interviews gets their good news soon so the second round can get some too.

Calling all Feb and March UT-Austin interviewees that are NON-UT-Austin students.

1. google UT direct click on first link

2. login using ut eid and passcode.

3. At your UT direct home scroll all the way down to find your application status checklist.

4. Look for something that says view complete status check or "we've reached a decision about your application".

If there's nothing in #4 on your checklist then we've got different screens. Anyone from the 2/16-17 interviews not have this screen? Pharmagg is making me go crazy thinking I'm not actually in lol. :eek:

rejection letters have been sent out to some reapplicants. i dont know of any first timers w/ interviews that have been rejected yet. all current UT students, are you checking your email every 30 mnutes? Lets just hope we hear something by tuesday... im going crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know of a first round interviewee that has been rejected? :confused: post above brings up a good point.
Well...we'll find out soon enough;)

as far as i know, none of the first rounders have been rejected yet, either accepted, getting accepted this week, or waitlisted for a LONG couple of weeks. lets hope monday and tuesday bring us good news!

what does ut reject people on the basis of? considering they only pick about 200 of the 800 or so applications to interview it seems like everyone would have good credentials...any guesses?

bigdogc,
when you say that some reapplicants have been sent rejects already do you mean they just sent them out or that you know of reapplicants that have already received rejection letters...sorry im being so confusing but im just worried thats all! i did get the email from dr. wilcox last week but i'm really not sure what that meant because all sorts of applicants got that email i.e. no interview yet, interviewed and waiting, and reapplicants! i just hope we all get good news soon! thanks for the info and updates though!

and of course people like me who didnt get the letter who are even more confused because of the acceptance screen. can't wait to call in the morning

Calling all Feb and March UT-Austin interviewees that are NON-UT-Austin students.

1. google UT direct click on first link

2. login using ut eid and passcode.

3. At your UT direct home scroll all the way down to find your application status checklist.

4. Look for something that says view complete status check or "we've reached a decision about your application".

If there's nothing in #4 on your checklist then we've got different screens. Anyone from the 2/16-17 interviews not have this screen? Pharmagg is making me go crazy thinking I'm not actually in lol. :eek:
I am pretty sure we got in. I have heard of a few people whose screens still have not changed. I wouldn't worry about calling Dr. Wilcox tommorow just wait a few days for the acceptance email or letter. If you look at some of the past threads this is exactly how it happened. Get accepted to UT direct then an acceptance letter from UTCOP in a few days.

Bad news guys..I called and spoke to Ann Spencer at the college of pharmacy and she told me the updated application status is only stating that we have been admitted to UT college of pharmacy as PRE-PHARMACY majors. Also, to be officially accepted as PharmD students, we must receive an email and an acceptance letter from the college of pharmacy. Sorry for jumping the gun,guys.....the wait continues:-(

I know someone said acceptances were being mailed out on Friday, right? So maybe we'll find out today.:eek:

What is the earliest that she said people will start receiving e mails? maybe if I don't think about it the time will fly by..... who am I kidding!!:scared:

when i called on friday she said ''emails and letters will be going out next week'' so, don't even worry about checking snail mail unless you are looking for a rejection letter. if you are accepted you will get an email as your first notification. i bet the admissions committee is so annoyed with me by now :oops:

To Pharmd131
I know of at least one re-applicant that got a rejection letter last Monday.

yea wilcox emailed me directly and told me that we're not in yet lol. GEEZ what a misleading screen! Anywayz, he said that they haven't even had a chance to discuss my application yet which makes me realize that I have MUCH more waiting ahead. WEAK.

Bad news guys..I called and spoke to Ann Spencer at the college of pharmacy and she told me the updated application status is only stating that we have been admitted to UT college of pharmacy as PRE-PHARMACY majors. Also, to be officially accepted as PharmD students, we must receive an email and an acceptance letter from the college of pharmacy. Sorry for jumping the gun,guys.....the wait continues:-(
Did you ask her what percentage of people get accepted on UT direct then get rejected from pharmacy school?

bigdogc,
when you say that some reapplicants have been sent rejects already do you mean they just sent them out or that you know of reapplicants that have already received rejection letters...sorry im being so confusing but im just worried thats all! i did get the email from dr. wilcox last week but i'm really not sure what that meant because all sorts of applicants got that email i.e. no interview yet, interviewed and waiting, and reapplicants! i just hope we all get good news soon! thanks for the info and updates though!
I have a friend who is a reapplicant that had his rejection letter sent to him and recieved last monday april 2nd. others got the same rejection letter that day.

I have a friend who is a reapplicant that had his rejection letter sent to him and recieved last monday april 2nd. others got the same rejection letter that day.

Just curious, did they receive interviews or was it not needed?

ok so since we havent received that letter last monday there's still hope! thanks for your help everyone..keep praying!

congrats Twinner!! How'd u find out? E-mail or snail mail?

I wrote Dr. Wilcox last Monday and he told me about their meeting (on Thurs April 5) so he said I would hopefully have news on Friday. i got worried when i didn't hear anything so i wrote him an email again on friday. (i feel bad now b/c he is probably so busy) anyway, he wrote me back today and said i should be getting a formal acceptance sometime soon. looks like i'll be at UT for another 4 more years!:D

I wrote Dr. Wilcox last Monday and he told me about their meeting (on Thurs April 5) so he said I would hopefully have news on Friday. i got worried when i didn't hear anything so i wrote him an email again on friday. (i feel bad now b/c he is probably so busy) anyway, he wrote me back today and said i should be getting a formal acceptance sometime soon. looks like i'll be at UT for another 4 more years!:D

:eek: :thumbup:

omg thats soo exciting!!! congratulations! i hope the rest of us get the formal acceptance with you lol!

Congrats Twinner, I hope we can all celebrate with you soon :hardy:

Just curious, did they receive interviews or was it not needed?
not needed, he had nailed the interview 4 years ago. but for 4 years he couldnt get his GPA up high enough, even with a 95 on the PCAT. just shows how important it is to start out college knowing you have to make the grades!

i got in. thank God.

yay i got in! just got an email from ann spencer:)
wow can't believe it! :Dhope the rest of u hear back soon!:luck:

any march 24th interviewers getting the email? i didnt get it.

p.s. any advice for how to decline another school?

congrats texastwinner, sy329, and lrx20! I just checked my email and I got in too!!! finally!!!!

I just got in too!! THANK GOD!!! THEY FREAKED ME OUT FOR A WHOLE WEEKEND! Oh well it's worth it. GL to everyone else it's worth the wait!

Congratulations to everyone who got in so far! It looks like those that just got the acceptance email were from the February group. Anyone know when they'll have a meeting about the march interviewees?

i interviewed feb 17th and found out april 9th...if things go the same for you as they did for us then you are gonna have to wait until the second week of may!

i didnt get the good news email today :( but it looks like everyone who got the email from Dr. Wilcox last week didnt get the email today so itll still be a while for the rest of us...I really hope things work out in our favor! Congrats to all of those who got in and please keep praying for the rest of us!

any march 24th interviewers getting the email? i didnt get it.
I interviewed on march 23rd and didn't anything either... waiting seriously sux :mad: