Has anyone been accepted to UT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are most of you complete with all of your pre-requisite courses? A teacher friend of mine suggested that I am probably at a disadvantage since I won't be complete until the end of this semester....any truth to that? I am still anxiously waiting for more info after getting Dr. Wilcox's last email. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I won't be done until the end of this semester too... so I guess we're in the same boat :)

The only pre-req I had to complete was statistics, and I did that last fall. I graduated August 2005 from UT Austin with a B.S. in Clinical Laboratory Science.

Members don't see this ad :)
for those accepted to ut, did anyone receive anything in the mail yet? so far i've only gotten an email and nothing in the mail.

can we please keep this thread going? I need a place to check on UT :) and a place to feel like I'm not alone in these stressful times!--- Does anyone know when they'll review the applicants again?

yea so far i've only gotten an email from Dr. Wilcox telling me I got in and one from Ann Spencer saying the same thing. Maybe something will come today or tomorrow

I wish I did know when they were meeting again. I hate all this waiting and having no idea when a decision will be made.

yeah :( as long as we don't get the snail mail rejection letter, I think we'll be okay. I'm just so anxious because this is the only reply I have to wait for this year. If I don't get in, do you think I should take the Kaplan course or take other pre-reqs (like anatomy I and II) for other pharm schools? My PCAT was horrible but I think I can raise it...I just don't know how much of a role PCAT plays into the whole admission process. My science scores were great but reading and verbal was a different story. :-/

a friend of mine got accepted last year who had a really good gpa but an okay pcat..it was in the mid 70s but im pretty sure her verbal was her lowest but she had no probs getting in so you should be fine!

a p1 told me they are looking at PCAT more this year than in previous years. in other news, we better find out soon about admissions...i gotta register for classes on the 19th and have no idea what im going to be taking!

really? :( I talked to a few people already in, and they said that if I got A's in English courses then that would probably cancel out my low reading and verbal scores. Eh, we'll just have to see. Looking back in the past forums, people didn't receive their acceptances until the first week of may and last week of may. (a lot of ppl found out their denial like the second week of may because of snail mail)... anyway, I'm on the same boat with u about registering for classes :( what degree plan are you going for?

youre not alone in the wait... I interviewed on march 23rd and I haven't heard anything from the admissions office. I hope I hear from them the first week of may cause this wait is killing me. :scared:

if i dont get in im going bio. i guess we are going to have to wait until may...:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah looks like Bio for me too. :-/. procrastinating for my biochem test and constantly checking SDN is no good either.. :-/

If I don't get in I'm gonna take classes that I would have taken my 1st year if I had gotten in.....like anatomy & phys and biochem

Did anyone get that email from Ann Spencer telling you that your application hasn't been reviewed yet and will be on may 1st. I guess the people from the first round were right when they said the second rounders won't hear anything until the first week of may.

yeah i just got that one. im starting to get very angry now. i hate waiting.

I didn't get the email :-/ does it mean I've been reviewed and rejected? :(

I didn't get the email :-/ does it mean I've been reviewed and rejected? :(

Have you gotten anything from them? It's possible that you are in another group that also hasn't been reviewed but won't be looked at until after the May 1 meeting.

For the people that got the May 1st email, have you interviewed?

I got the May 1 email and I interviewed in March.

may 1 email interviewed march 24th i believe. also, i may be making 2 Cs this semester. hypothetically, if i do get in would i still have to worry about pharm school taking away my admissions? im kinda nervous about this issue.

may 1 email interviewed march 24th i believe. also, i may be making 2 Cs this semester. hypothetically, if i do get in would i still have to worry about pharm school taking away my admissions? im kinda nervous about this issue.

I think you'd be ok, unless your acceptance was conditional. Usually you just need to make sure you make a C or better in any pre-req you're taking, so if those aren't pre-reqs then it shouldn't matter. Sometimes they'll make you submit spring grades before making a decision though

does anyone know if any rejection letters have been sent yet?

hey I heard more rejection letters came out this past weekend. -- that's all. lol.

oh yeah: I finally received the letter from Ann Spencer today regarding the May 1st review. :) --- I was scared for a moment.

Did anyone who interviewed last weekend ask when we should expect to hear back? I was there on Saturday but forgot to ask. Also, I wonder if we will also be reviewed on May 1st or will it just be those people who got the email. If anyone has any info that would be great!

i didnt interview 3rd round, but a friend of mine who did said it should be may 15.

thanks for the info bigdogc....its gonna be a long 3 weeks for me!

so do you guys know how many people get interviewed? Is it 300? All I know for sure is that 30-40 seats are reserved for the El Paso people... so all of us are really trying to get into 90ish seats. Is that right? AND-- why do the El Paso people get reserved seats without interviewing?!?!

I believe UT- El Paso has a cooperative pharmacy program with UT-Austin. It's a 0-6 program for graduating high school seniors.

so do you guys know how many people get interviewed? Is it 300? All I know for sure is that 30-40 seats are reserved for the El Paso people... so all of us are really trying to get into 90ish seats. Is that right? AND-- why do the El Paso people get reserved seats without interviewing?!?!
i talked to a member of LPPA(pre-pharm organization here) today and he said about 50% of applicants got an interview. None of us have heard word of how many applicants, although it must be higher than last years (in the 700s). Also, i think maybe 10 spots are reserved for el paso and 10 for the valley. Im not quite sure if its exactly this number, but i think 40 is a very high estimate. The reason behind accepting people from these spots is because there is a lack of pharmacists in these areas.
On another note, has anyone heard of 1st/2nd rounders getting rejection letters?

I spoke with an advisor from the pharmacy school and they said that rejection letters have been sent out to the 1st and 2nd rounders who have been reviewed. Unfortunatley they didn't get to all of the second rounders in their april meeting so we still have to wait until may 1st before we hear anything. As for the 3rd rounders I would guess that a couple would get reviewed on may 1st but the majority will be reviewed on the 15th. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

If you have already found out about UT, there is a facebook group up that you can join. It is called UT Austin College of Pharmacy c/o 2011

oh, sorry. i just found it today! sad there are only 5 people

hey is getting accepted into the undergraduate program a good sign that you will get in the pharm school.

yeah there was a previous thread about going to UTDirect and seeing if you got into undergrad to find out if you got accepted early. theres a good chance that means you are in, but dont hold me to it... i dont wana be the one to get your hopes up!

yeah there was a previous thread about going to UTDirect and seeing if you got into undergrad to find out if you got accepted early. theres a good chance that means you are in, but dont hold me to it... i dont wana be the one to get your hopes up!

I think it depends. If it actually says you were accepted to the college of pharmacy then I think it's a good indicator. But if it just says UT in general then I don't think it means anything. I was accepted into UT back in October, but just interviewed with the college of pharmacy about a week ago, so I know the first "acceptance" didn't mean anything.

I know they are supposed to meet today and review the applications, does anyone have any idea when they will start notifying the people about their status?

Looks like it has been about a 2 day turn around after the past meetings...so I'm guessing Thursday for acceptance emails. :thumbup:

so nervous... :( I hope I hear back within a week...

i bet we will hear tonight or tommorow morning. all they have to do is get a list of those accepted and send them a mass "congrats you are in" message....either way, im still nervous myself!

Hey Everyone! I am a P1 at UT this year. Although I don't know for sure about this year, historically a huge round of acceptance notices goes out on the last class day (which is this Friday). I really don't expect you to hear anything before then, but I could be wrong :) Good Luck to everyone waiting. Oh and by the way, the letters last year went out around 4:30 or so in the afternoon.

has anyone, at least, been accepted to the undergrad through UTdirect? :confused:

I seriously hope to hear from them tomarrow. Also is calling or emailing them the best way to get a response?

no, I think you should just wait until Friday or next Monday. If you haven't heard anything then you might hear at the end of May.

for your first question...my ut direct still says my application is being reviewed...and if you want you can definitely email dr. wilcox about your status..hes very quick in responding....i feel your pain though..waiting is really really hard!!!!! gluck!!

I called yesterday and was told that the acceptance letter/email will be sent out "as soon as possible". She might as well not answer my question and say she doesn't know. Anyhow, I left a msg but nobody has called me back yet. I will post on here if I hear anything. Alternatively, you can email Dr Wilcox.

Goodluck to you all.

I wouldn't rely on e-mailing Wilcox. I e-mailed him to see if he got the research I sent him and he never responded to that or other emails I sent him. He gets ALOT of emails I imagine so I'd recommend calling.