Has anyone been admitted to a Texas dental school without upper bio electives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CareerNumTwo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that all three schools place a lot of weight on those upper bio courses (I spoke with an admissions rep from one of these schools and he confirmed it). Unfortunately, my schedule does not allow for this in time for applying next year. Next year I'll either take Orgo I & II with A&P or Orgo I & II with Micro Bio and histology. I want to take the A&P first to help out with the DAT but I really feel like the order of these classes is a ToMAYto ToMAHto thing... What I don't want to do is delay applying for a full year (I'm older as it is) in order to complete those classes.

Just wondering if there's anyone how there who successfully applied without a ton of these courses under their belt and what the rest of my application needs to look like in order to make up for it.

thanks!
 
You can list classes as "Planned Enrollment" and list microbio and histology during the cycle in which you are applying. You don't have to complete he classes before you apply, just complete them before you matriculate.
 
You can list classes as "Planned Enrollment" and list microbio and histology during the cycle in which you are applying. You don't have to complete he classes before you apply, just complete them before you matriculate.

Unfortunately, that is not the case for the school I talked to. They want to see upper-bio courses that are completed and done so with an A or B... :/