Help Finalizing List. 511 MCAT, 3.9 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iconic Bond

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m looking for some help with the list of schools I’m applying to this cycle and would appreciate any ideas/criticism.

Info:

State of residence: New York

Undergrad: Stony Brook

cGPA: 3.86, sGPA: 3.9

MCAT Score: 511 (129/126/129/127) 86th percentile

40 hours clinical volunteering

~100 hours shadowing

~100 hours non-clinical volunteering

200+ Hours of research in two different labs

Honors college program

TA & Leadership experience

Academic awards and upward grade trend (4.0 GPA last 3 semesters)

Notes:

Although my clinical experience at the moment is low I just got accepted into a yearlong clinical internship for senior year that will add ~100 more hours

Late committee letter won’t be submitted until early September :(

Northeast schools preferred in order to stay close to family, but I will go further If I have to

In-state:

NYMC
SUNY Upstate
SUNY Stony Brook
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Buffalo
Hofstra
NYU
Einstein

Out-of state:

Rutgers RWJ
NJMS
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Thomas Jefferson
Boston University
Maryland

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also thinking about the damage my September committee letter is going to do to my application. If the letter puts me at a strong enough disadvantage I was wondering if I should just rescind my current application and wait until next cycle.

Very similar to the situation I was in. I didn't get my comittee letter until September 15th. I also had a 511 MCAT, and 4.0 GPA. I would say that September is not too late, but I know how it feels to have to wait to get that letter. For what it's worth, I had a successful cycle and looks like you will!

Members don't see this ad :)
You could add Vermont, Albany, Rochester, Quinnipiac, Penn State, GW, Georgetown, Eastern Virginia and Virginia Commonwealth. Rutgers, NJMS and Maryland are state public schools that accept few non residents with your MCAT.

Thanks guys! I'll add those schools to my list. I'll report back with what is hopefully a successful cycle :)