This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

U of Utah or Regis?

• U of Utah

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Regis

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

belayandbalasana

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am weighing out the pros and cons between these two schools. I am a California resident so I would apply for residency in Utah. Regis is private so it doesn't matter. I am into rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, really anything outdoors so I know both of these schools have plenty of that. I am also still completing my undergrad, and Utah starts May 13. I do not actually finish my undergrad until May 18th. Regis starts in August so I feel like I would actually have a summer to do something fun before I have to move away from my friends and family.

Pros of Utah: tuition (even out of state for year 1) is lower that Regis, cost of living in SLC is lower, cohort size is 48, great research, pro-bono clinic, faculty participation in APTA, dance program on campus, light rail is so easy to use, overall I would be saving a lot more money, have OCS, sports, and neuro residencies post-doc, the student wellness center is ridiculously immaculate,
Cons: culture of the city (I am not Mormon), facilities were a bit run down, I would rather live in Denver, I do not have any friends/family in SLC

Pros of Regis: Denver is a rad city, I feel like I would fit into the community of Denver better, global pathway, leadership pathway, participate in health legislation, values mind, body, and spirit, service learning environment, manual therapy fellowship, smaller campus, I have friends there
Cons: tuition is less than $100k but still quite a bit more than Utah, cost of living in Denver is high, public transit is not as reliable, does not have the same big campus network as Utah, no dance program on campus, the gym on campus is tiny

I feel like the programs are similar but very different feels. I have a couple weeks to decide what I want but I figured I would post here to see if anyone has experience at either of these.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am weighing out the pros and cons between these two schools. I am a California resident so I would apply for residency in Utah. Regis is private so it doesn't matter. I am into rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, really anything outdoors so I know both of these schools have plenty of that. I am also still completing my undergrad, and Utah starts May 13. I do not actually finish my undergrad until May 18th. Regis starts in August so I feel like I would actually have a summer to do something fun before I have to move away from my friends and family.

Pros of Utah: tuition (even out of state for year 1) is lower that Regis, cost of living in SLC is lower, cohort size is 48, great research, pro-bono clinic, faculty participation in APTA, dance program on campus, light rail is so easy to use, overall I would be saving a lot more money, have OCS, sports, and neuro residencies post-doc, the student wellness center is ridiculously immaculate,
Cons: culture of the city (I am not Mormon), facilities were a bit run down, I would rather live in Denver, I do not have any friends/family in SLC

Pros of Regis: Denver is a rad city, I feel like I would fit into the community of Denver better, global pathway, leadership pathway, participate in health legislation, values mind, body, and spirit, service learning environment, manual therapy fellowship, smaller campus, I have friends there
Cons: tuition is less than $100k but still quite a bit more than Utah, cost of living in Denver is high, public transit is not as reliable, does not have the same big campus network as Utah, no dance program on campus, the gym on campus is tiny

I feel like the programs are similar but very different feels. I have a couple weeks to decide what I want but I figured I would post here to see if anyone has experience at either of these.
Hey I’m pretty sure you have to have your bachelors completed before you matriculate. I would double check that but if that’s the case then might make your choice a little easier.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I’m pretty sure you have to have your bachelors completed before you matriculate. I would double check that but if that’s the case then might make your choice a little easier.

I don't have to have it complete; in their acceptance letter they said to make arrangements to finish my finals early. They have known that I am still doing my undergrad for a while now. I even told both schools during my interviews. But thank you for your concern!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First, congratulations! I feel like there is no wrong choice for you. However, my two cents is if the tuition/cost of living doesn't overwhelm you, go for the school that you feel you would fit in better and where you feel that you will be happier.

I’ll be attending U of Utah starting in May. I have lived here for a year after graduating from college up in Seattle and I can tell you that one of your concerns about the Mormon culture is valid but is not something that should avert you to living here. It is definitely prevalent but is something that is easy to ignore if you don’t want to be associated with it (i am not religious). If you love skiing, hiking, or anything else outdoors SLC has really convenient access to the wilderness and has unbeatable views of the mountains. I had an interview at Regis but pulled out when i got accepted into the U so i may be biased. But also working with PTs that attended the U I can tell you that they instill a certain quality of excellence that doesn’t necessarily come through from other schools. Make the best choice for yourself but I think Utah has a ton of great qualities that made me fall in love with it.

Thanks you guys for the input! I ended up choosing Regis over Utah. I realized that their tuition is almost identical but the only difference would be cost of living. Denver is just way too awesome of a city to not go live in.

Thanks you guys for the input! I ended up choosing Regis over Utah. I realized that their tuition is almost identical but the only difference would be cost of living. Denver is just way too awesome of a city to not go live in.
Cool and agreed! I’ll be attending university of Colorado this summer. They seem to do quite a few things for the community alongside Regis. See you in Denver!