This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrQZ

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a freshly graduated doctor in Jordan and i want your point of view on my situation.

My goal is to practice ophthalmology.
I have 2 choices, one is to stay in Jordan and do a 4-year residency program that is without salary. The residency
program is at an army hospital with more than a 100 patients a day per clinic , so lots of exposure and surgeries.

The other option is go to the UK and try my luck there. I have already started studying for the PLAB and planning to sit part 1 in November.
I know that the UK is better in every aspect , as in certificate, life , salary , etc.. , but if all things go well i need
at least 9 years there to finish residency , let alone fellowship .

If i did it in Jordan , after 9 years i would have already finished a fellowship in UK or Spain and would be working for at least 2 years.

What do you guys think ? What would you do in my situation ?

Thanks in advance 😀