This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O-Block Uchiha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Exam is in about a month and I'm averaging 503 on the practice Kaplan exams. This is only because I'm getting about 75% correct on CARS and P/S, but my C/P and B/B are always hovering around 50%. I went through a thorough content review and now I'm just doing practice problems, but no matter how much I review the problems afterwords, my score for these science sections is always around 50%. Timing is not an issue for me, it's just that I often don't fully understand what I'm reading in the passages, and I'm never confident in my answers. I'm aiming to be scoring around 80% correct but I'm just not approaching this goal. Any advice for me? It would be very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Targeted content review for those missed topics with your books or KA. Follow this up with ANKI to get some additional repetitions.
Since you are a month out, I would also suggest going through all of the AAMC materials ASAP. Take the unscored three weeks out under real test conditions, FL 1 two weeks out, and FL 2 one week out. Work on the Q-packs and SB in between and try to do the SB twice. Additionally, you should try practicing with 2-3 CARS passages per day from the AAMC CARS q-packs.

Reactions: 1 user
Targeted content review for those missed topics with your books or KA. Follow this up with ANKI to get some additional repetitions.
Since you are a month out, I would also suggest going through all of the AAMC materials ASAP. Take the unscored three weeks out under real test conditions, FL 1 two weeks out, and FL 2 one week out. Work on the Q-packs and SB in between and try to do the SB twice. Additionally, you should try practicing with 2-3 CARS passages per day from the AAMC CARS q-packs.
Thank You! I'm going to do all of this ASAP!

My Exam is in about a month and I'm averaging 503 on the practice Kaplan exams. This is only because I'm getting about 75% correct on CARS and P/S, but my C/P and B/B are always hovering around 50%. I went through a thorough content review and now I'm just doing practice problems, but no matter how much I review the problems afterwords, my score for these science sections is always around 50%. Timing is not an issue for me, it's just that I often don't fully understand what I'm reading in the passages, and I'm never confident in my answers. I'm aiming to be scoring around 80% correct but I'm just not approaching this goal. Any advice for me? It would be very appreciated.

Yea the AAMC question packs are great.. I was really struggling with C/P, did the physics and chemistry question packs and took notes on the topics I struggled with. They really cover a broad range of what core topics will be on the real thing.