MD Help with School List (3.89 GPA, MCAT 514)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qwerty2113

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MCAT: 514 (128/128/128/130)
Cum GPA: 3.89 (for now)
Major: Public Health at public state school

Work/ECs: I have researched with epigentics for 2 years and am currently writing a manuscript. I have been researching one year with a pediatric diseases. I have 700+ hospital volunteer hours and work as a STEM instructor at underprivileged elementary schools. I intern at a doctors practice and work on patient care and have shadowed for 250+ hours. I also spent a summer in India teaching at an orphanage. I think I might be able to get about 3 strong letters of rec, but I'm not sure.

I am a TX resident, graduating in May 2019. I have always wanted to go to either Dartmouth or Vanderbilt (I know that it's a reach) but I am also looking at state schools (A&M). I would really appreciate any help with putting together a school list, or any advice on how to improve my app! Thanks🙂

EDIT: also I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'll be graduating when I'm 19 (hurt my chances?)

Realistic:
All Texas schools
Georgetown
George Washington University
Rush Medical College
St. Louis University
Tufts University
UCLA Geffen
UNC Chapel Hill
UC Davis
University of Arizona

Reach:
Duke University
Brown University
Dartmouth
UPenn
Vanderbilt
 
Last edited: