MD Help with School List (3.89 GPA, MCAT 514)

Qwerty2113

Jan 21, 2018
    MCAT: 514 (128/128/128/130)
    Cum GPA: 3.89 (for now)
    Major: Public Health at public state school

Work/ECs: I have researched with epigentics for 2 years and am currently writing a manuscript. I have been researching one year with a pediatric diseases. I have 700+ hospital volunteer hours and work as a STEM instructor at underprivileged elementary schools. I intern at a doctors practice and work on patient care and have shadowed for 250+ hours. I also spent a summer in India teaching at an orphanage. I think I might be able to get about 3 strong letters of rec, but I'm not sure.

I am a TX resident, graduating in May 2019. I have always wanted to go to either Dartmouth or Vanderbilt (I know that it's a reach) but I am also looking at state schools (A&M). I would really appreciate any help with putting together a school list, or any advice on how to improve my app! Thanks:)

EDIT: also I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'll be graduating when I'm 19 (hurt my chances?)

Realistic:
    All Texas schools
    Georgetown
    George Washington University
    Rush Medical College
    St. Louis University
    Tufts University
    UCLA Geffen
    UNC Chapel Hill
    UC Davis
    University of Arizona

Reach:
    Duke University
    Brown University
    Dartmouth
    UPenn
    Vanderbilt

Last edited:
    About the Ads
    This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.