-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)
Started by Epic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I live to ruin other people's pictures! 
Dude! You and Cject (and anyone else who'd like to join) should come to DC for cherry blossoms! We can all go shooting...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Btw...my back is still sore from this beach photo shoot. Crouch down so that camera is in a direct path to where the waves break, then jump 3 feet in the air so that the camera didn't get soaked when they crashed in...do this repeatedly for an hour. Great work out!!
Dude! You and Cject (and anyone else who'd like to join) should come to DC for cherry blossoms! We can all go shooting...
No can do. Poor Cject will feel jealous, insecure, and outright inadequate with his inferior equipment when he witnesses the superiority of my skills and equipment.
No can do. Poor Cject will feel jealous, insecure, and outright inadequate with his inferior equipment when he witnesses the superiority of my skills and equipment.
Lol! That's ok. You'll be jealous of me. There's gotta be a pecking order!
😉
bitch, please. you would be clamoring over my shi*No can do. Poor Cject will feel jealous, insecure, and outright inadequate with his inferior equipment when he witnesses the superiority of my skills and equipment.
ms. cject is not impressed with your newest avatar...Lol! That's ok. You'll be jealous of me. There's gotta be a pecking order!
😉
photoshop? I need to get that program one of these days...
I can send you a copy of PS CS for Mac 🙂
I wonder when Canon is going to come out with something like this!
http://www.slashgear.com/nikon’-ste...fits-nikon-dslr-extreme-macro-anyone-0433078/
http://www.slashgear.com/nikon’-ste...fits-nikon-dslr-extreme-macro-anyone-0433078/
canon only makes products they can make money on, unlike Nikon. Nikon does make cooler stuff though that are incredibly useless unless you need it for a very very specific function...I wonder when Canon is going to come out with something like this!
http://www.slashgear.com/nikon’-ste...fits-nikon-dslr-extreme-macro-anyone-0433078/
![]()
canon only makes products they can make money on, unlike Nikon. Nikon does make cooler stuff though that are incredibly useless unless you need it for a very very specific function...
Canon will simply make an adapter to make it fit. But what a waste of time and effort...
Oh, and get ready for this conversation in the future..
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/02/samsung-set-to-release-12-megapixels-of-cameraphone-foolishness/
"How many megapixels is that?"
"Insert # here"
"That's all? My phone has more. (12!)"
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/02/samsung-set-to-release-12-megapixels-of-cameraphone-foolishness/
megapixels don't make good pictures...Oh, and get ready for this conversation in the future..
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/02/samsung-set-to-release-12-megapixels-of-cameraphone-foolishness/
![]()
megapixels don't make good pictures...
But the size of pixel does. And my pixel is larger than urs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I stand corrected...megapixels only matter if you have sloppy technique!But the size of pixel does. And my pixel is larger than urs.
sorry...thought you were making fodder...joe blow has no idea what megapixel means...just like they have no idea what horsepower means...more means better, right?My point is, do you think joe schmoe knows that?
Consumer driven cameras have become a debate of who's got more MP's
sorry...thought you were making fodder...joe blow has no idea what megapixel means...just like they have no idea what horsepower means...more means better, right?
Yeah...but more horsepower is better than less.
Look what I just ordered...it's a raincoat, for the camera! 😀
Oh, and get ready for this conversation in the future..
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/02/samsung-set-to-release-12-megapixels-of-cameraphone-foolishness/
![]()
Apples to oranges - You have to compare camera phones to camera phones... In that arena, these new phones are going to rock out. The two MP in my iPhone is SO last year...
You're nutz.
Look what I just ordered...it's a raincoat, for the camera! 😀
![]()
![]()
cause you bought a damn condom for your camera!Haha...why is I nutz??? 😛
cause you bought a damn condom for your camera!
Well, now you're really going to laugh...because I ordered a pack of those too!!
Can't wait til I get done with school and can buy frivolous things like camera condoms..
Can't wait til I get done with school and can buy frivolous things like camera condoms..
It's not so much being able to buy one that you should look forward to...heck, they only cost $2 bucks a piece. It's having the time/freedom/opportunity that would allow you to even go somewhere where you'd need a camera condom that you should look forward too! 👍😉
It's not so much being able to buy one that you should look forward to...heck, they only cost $2 bucks a piece. It's having the time/freedom/opportunity that would allow you to even go somewhere where you'd need a camera condom that you should look forward too! 👍😉
2 bucks is ramen noodles for a week!
2 bucks is ramen noodles for a week!
Fine...I can send you a camera condom if you'd like. But they're extra-large, so make sure it'll fit! 😛
So you're a bearcat fan? I'm a Muskie fan myself (by default since my sister's at Xavier).
I'm more of a Buckeye fan than a Bearcat fan since I grew up in Columbus. I attend UC now so I suppose I'm a Bearcat fan! Your sister is at Xavier... they have a saying around here that "all ugly girls to go Xavier."

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm more of a Buckeye fan than a Bearcat fan since I grew up in Columbus. I attend UC now so I suppose I'm a Bearcat fan! Your sister is at Xavier... they have a saying around here that "all ugly girls to go Xavier."![]()
Well, then she must be the exception!
Columbus is a fun town...minus all the Buckeye stuff. 😉 I've been there on business, and have another trip planned this summer.
I actually prefer Cincinnati to Columbus. Does that make me a bad person??? 😕
I actually prefer Cincinnati to Columbus. Does that make me a bad person??? 😕
Heck if I know! I like Cincinnati too.
the only good thing that comes out of ohio is Skyline ChiliI actually prefer Cincinnati to Columbus. Does that make me a bad person??? 😕
the only good thing that comes out of ohio is Skyline Chili
It was good...but not amaaaazing. Wasn't crazy for all those spices in it. And it was more like "would you like some chili with your bowl of cheese?". Although who can complain about too much cheddar cheese...
It was good...but not amaaaazing. Wasn't crazy for all those spices in it. And it was more like "would you like some chili with your bowl of cheese?". Although who can complain about too much cheddar cheese...
The secret ingredient of Skyline chili is chocolate, not spice!
Look how cool!
http://www.singh-ray.com/varinduo.html
Hmmm, it's so tempting...it's like 4 filters in one!
http://www.singh-ray.com/varinduo.html
Hmmm, it's so tempting...it's like 4 filters in one!
Look how cool!
http://www.singh-ray.com/varinduo.html
Hmmm, it's so tempting...it's like 4 filters in one!
You don't need it.
What kind of backpack do you have? Tamrac?
I'm about to order the Expedition 6X I think. Which would end up looking like this with my tripod... 😳
I'm about to order the Expedition 6X I think. Which would end up looking like this with my tripod... 😳
dang...you italians have hairy arms!What kind of backpack do you have? Tamrac?
I'm about to order the Expedition 6X I think. Which would end up looking like this with my tripod... 😳
![]()
dang...you italians have hairy arms!
And you have big feet.
My camera bag doesn't hold all my equipment. I guess I just can't take everything...it's especially tough riding my mountain bike with the bagpack...it's pretty heavy.
What kind of backpack do you have? Tamrac?
I'm about to order the Expedition 6X I think. Which would end up looking like this with my tripod... 😳
![]()
My camera bag doesn't hold all my equipment. I guess I just can't take everything...it's especially tough riding my mountain bike with the bagpack...it's pretty heavy.
Think that version will fit almost all my gear. It's going to be really heavy...but I don't want to leave anything for next trip.
Here it is open:
Think that version will fit almost all my gear. It's going to be really heavy...but I don't want to leave anything for next trip.
Here it is open:
![]()
That's about what my bag looks like except I have 2 big white lenses. If I take both, then I have to leave out 2 small lenses and I can't do that.
That's about what my bag looks like except I have 2 big white lenses. If I take both, then I have to leave out 2 small lenses and I can't do that.
Go to tamrac.com and look at the 7x. I looked at in the store, but decidwd it was too big to hike with. You could probably do it thogh...assuming you balanced the bag out with L's on each side. 😛
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I did a comparison. My old 35mm vs. 5D vs. 20d all with 50mm prime. And I looked at my diploma as the reference point from about 10 ft.
Diploma filled up the view screen on 20D. The view on 35mm was much larger than the 5D. Basically, I think the FF has a lesser reach than the old traditional 35mm.
Diploma filled up the view screen on 20D. The view on 35mm was much larger than the 5D. Basically, I think the FF has a lesser reach than the old traditional 35mm.
Ok, so I did a comparison. My old 35mm vs. 5D vs. 20d all with 50mm prime. And I looked at my diploma as the reference point from about 10 ft.
Diploma filled up the view screen on 20D. The view on 35mm was much larger than the 5D. Basically, I think the FF has a lesser reach than the old traditional 35mm.
Hmmm...if we try taking the picture and comparing, I have a feeling it would be the same. Not like you're going to develop a roll of 35 to compare, but take a shot with the 5D and see if the actual image looks more like what you see in the film viewfinder.
I think what you see in viewfinder is not necessarily accurate to the actual shot you get...it's a little cropped.
I can't think why the 35 mm and 5D would be any different, since both considered "FF". 20D for sure, you'd need 31mm to be equivalent if standing at same distance...right? (unless it's 1.3 crop and not 1.6)?
Hmmm...if we try taking the picture and comparing, I have a feeling it would be the same. Not like you're going to develop a roll of 35 to compare, but take a shot with the 5D and see if the actual image looks more like what you see in the film viewfinder.
I think what you see in viewfinder is not necessarily accurate to the actual shot you get...it's a little cropped.
I can't think why the 35 mm and 5D would be any different, since both considered "FF". 20D for sure, you'd need 31mm to be equivalent if standing at same distance...right? (unless it's 1.3 crop and not 1.6)?
The point was that you'll miss the 1.6X reach of 40D when you move to 5DMKII.
The point was that you'll miss the 1.6X reach of 40D when you move to 5DMKII.
You were the one that brought up 5D vs. 35mm!! I'm just sayin' why it looks different in the camera.
As for reach on a FF, here's what I could find to support what I was originally thinking:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showpost.php?p=6385827&postcount=48
I glanced over the rest of the thread trying to find someone who could explain why it's not the case...couldn't find anything, so still not sure. You very well may be right...
Hi from Yosemite!!!
Only been here a few hours, but I've always wanted to try to get this kind of a night shot with the star tracks. Taken at 8:20 pm, so it was pitch black with only moonlight. 2 minute exposure @ f/2.8.
This has to be one of the coolest places on Earth...makes you feel so tiny and inconsequential. It's fantastic!!! 🙂
Only been here a few hours, but I've always wanted to try to get this kind of a night shot with the star tracks. Taken at 8:20 pm, so it was pitch black with only moonlight. 2 minute exposure @ f/2.8.
This has to be one of the coolest places on Earth...makes you feel so tiny and inconsequential. It's fantastic!!! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 453
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 576