-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)
Started by Epic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nice shots Spiriva!👍
Gorgeous locale ValeU! Where are those cliff shots taken? I recognize the last one, of course...but not sure where the 1st set was taken.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gorgeous locale ValeU! Where are those cliff shots taken? I recognize the last one, of course...but not sure where the 1st set was taken.
The first set is of Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Nice shots Spiriva!👍
Thanks! This big guy kinda freaked me out when he started creeping forward. But a gator wouldn't eat a fellow Gator would he?

Last edited:
The first set is of Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Nice! I was going to guess Northern Italy.
Thanks! This big guy kinda freaked me out when he started creeping forward. But a gator wouldn't eat a fellow Gator would he?
![]()
You could've beat him silly with your Manfrotto!
forget the everglades...Cape Coral is where the real wild life action is at!
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=25347&z=3
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=25347&z=3
forget the everglades...Cape Coral is where the real wild life action is at!
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=25347&z=3
Eeek. Honestly, I'd be even more terrified of coming across a giant snake out there...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1006_051006_pythoneatsgator.html
Always wanted to try and get that cotton candy ocean shot (which everyone has done...but I couldn't help myself). So, here's my attempt this evening with a pretty sunset on Jupiter Island...
what was your shutter settings on? How long after sunset did you take this? looks great!Always wanted to try and get that cotton candy ocean shot (which everyone has done...but I couldn't help myself). So, here's my attempt this evening with a pretty sunset on Jupiter Island...
I'm just posting this here b/c lots of people will read it:
No one has posted in most of the of the Test Prep Week raffle threads yet. We have 5 texts being given away, including Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Sixth Edition, which I know a ton of people can use. Please visit the TPW forums to enter. For some reason, they posted anything pharmacy related under NAPLEX: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=575
Here's a bigger list of things of interest: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=598608
No one has posted in most of the of the Test Prep Week raffle threads yet. We have 5 texts being given away, including Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Sixth Edition, which I know a ton of people can use. Please visit the TPW forums to enter. For some reason, they posted anything pharmacy related under NAPLEX: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=575
Here's a bigger list of things of interest: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=598608
Great shots! Now go process it!
Always wanted to try and get that cotton candy ocean shot (which everyone has done...but I couldn't help myself). So, here's my attempt this evening with a pretty sunset on Jupiter Island...
![]()
![]()
![]()
what was your shutter settings on? How long after sunset did you take this? looks great!
1/200, 1/8, and 1/20... I guess Nikon users don't know how to read EXIF data..
I wanted to see this picture differently...not smooth but sharp and cold.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how do you get exif from a photobucket picture? I honestly have no idea how to do that...1/200, 1/8, and 1/20... I guess Nikon users don't know how to read EXIF data..
photoshop? I need to get that program one of these days...I wanted to see this picture differently...not smooth but sharp and cold.
![]()
how do you get exif from a photobucket picture? I honestly have no idea how to do that...
Google Opanda EXIF and download the appy. It's free...and awesome!
Many webhosting sites will retain the data so that u can still read the exif. That's why I like imageshack.
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
Great shots! Now go process it!
I PP'd a few last nite. Just have to find somewhere to mooch some wifi and post'em.
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
cool but no mac version! but i just found a mac alternative....thanks!Google Opanda EXIF and download the appy. It's free...and awesome!
Many webhosting sites will retain the data so that u can still read the exif. That's why I like imageshack.
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
I'm just posting this here b/c lots of people will read it:
Really? I thought there were only like 5 people that read this thread! 🙂
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
cool but no mac version! but i just found a mac alternative....thanks!
You mac people...make life so difficult!
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
photoshop? I need to get that program one of these days...
I have an extra copy of Photoshop Element... I can give it to you when I'm in your area.
how do you get exif from a photobucket picture? I honestly have no idea how to do that...
Are you lazy..or are you dumb? Just download the picture..and look under "properties" Summary, then advanced.
Are you lazy..or are you dumb? Just download the picture..and look under "properties" Summary, then advanced.
Don't you have Opanda? It's even easier than that! Just right click and view the exif!
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
I don't have O'Panda but I do have a Bamboo Wacom Tab!

I'm just posting this here b/c lots of people will read it:
No one has posted in most of the of the Test Prep Week raffle threads yet. We have 5 texts being given away, including Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Sixth Edition, which I know a ton of people can use. Please visit the TPW forums to enter. For some reason, they posted anything pharmacy related under NAPLEX: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=575
Here's a bigger list of things of interest: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=598608
SPAAAAM.
😴
I'm just posting this here b/c lots of people will read it:
No one has posted in most of the of the Test Prep Week raffle threads yet. We have 5 texts being given away, including Foye's Principles of Medicinal Chemistry, Sixth Edition, which I know a ton of people can use. Please visit the TPW forums to enter. For some reason, they posted anything pharmacy related under NAPLEX: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=575
Here's a bigger list of things of interest: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=598608
Threadjacking will not be tolerated!!! 😡
on my computer, it just gives me the size of the image and what kind of image...Are you lazy..or are you dumb? Just download the picture..and look under "properties" Summary, then advanced.
on my computer, it just gives me the size of the image and what kind of image...
And they say Mac is better for photography... yeah right.
Oh..and I don't think my Photoshop will load on your Mac... it's for windows..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And they say Mac is better for photography... yeah right.
Oh..and I don't think my Photoshop will load on your Mac... it's for windows..
Mac's are the industry standard for all things graphic design.
Mac's are the industry standard for all things graphic design.
Yeah...that did a lot of good for 67echo... didn't it...
why u be hatin?Yeah...that did a lot of good for 67echo... didn't it...
why u be hatin?
My tax dollars pay your salary. You just do as I say soldier.
I give the orders around here, maggot.My tax dollars pay your salary. You just do as I say soldier.
It's ok he can't read either, it's not 1/200 but 1/800 (according to the exif I read)how do you get exif from a photobucket picture? I honestly have no idea how to do that...
I wanted to see this picture differently...not smooth but sharp and cold.
Ok, as per your request Z, I made two of them a little harsher. What do you guys think? Is it too much? They seem to have that SciFi look now. After looking at them for a while, you can't tell if you're going overboard...
Hmmmm...now looking at them hosted online, the colors are nowhere near as deep/saturated as they were on Photoshop. 😕
I don't have O'Panda but I do have a Bamboo Wacom Tab!
![]()
Alright punny guy. Download it!
http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/download.htm
I promise you, you'll love it. Great application.
And on a side note...how often do you use/take out the tablet?
what was your shutter settings on? How long after sunset did you take this? looks great!
So yeah...settings on the first three were: (all at 10 mm with the UW)
1/800 f/4.5
1/8 f/20
1/20 f/11
Was out there shooting about an hour before sunset, until sunset, which was around 18:00. 😉
why are you always standing at parade rest on your avatar? lets see some jazz hands!So yeah...settings on the first three were: (all at 10 mm with the UW)
1/800 f/4.5
1/8 f/20
1/20 f/11
Was out there shooting about an hour before sunset, until sunset, which was around 18:00. 😉
why are you always standing at parade rest on your avatar? lets see some jazz hands!
She's just trying to show some respect! At least she's standing at parade rest and not parade pretty, like I've seen before. 🙄
why are you always standing at parade rest on your avatar? lets see some jazz hands!
Who should I cheer for this weekend? Stillers or Cards? I'm so undecided....really not feeling the Super Bowl vibe this year.
Oh well, Mrs. Cject will like this one...
Three more new ones! Although by now it's probably, seen one...seen'em all. 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She approves...but she would like you to change your number to #36 for some dude that almost fumbled away the last super bowl victory for her team 😉Who should I cheer for this weekend? Stillers or Cards? I'm so undecided....really not feeling the Super Bowl vibe this year.
Oh well, Mrs. Cject will like this one...
Very nice...but your horizons are crooked...what's wrong with your tripod? 
Three more new ones! Although by now it's probably, seen one...seen'em all. 🙄
![]()
![]()
![]()
Very nice...but your horizons are crooked...what's wrong with your tripod?![]()
Actuallllllly...these are all handheld. You try getting straight line with an UW lens...es imposible!
I actually kept debating that while I was shooting though. If you straighten the horizon, the forefront looks totally goofy.
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
Actuallllllly...these are all handheld. You try getting straight line with an UW lens...es imposible!
I actually kept debating that while I was shooting though. If you straighten the horizon, the forefront looks totally goofy.
Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device
Actually you can fix that in Photoshop... I'm just picking on you.
Why didn't you use a tripod?
Actually you can fix that in Photoshop... I'm just picking on you.
Why didn't you use a tripod?
Ooooh! Show me how to do it! I know how to tilt by degree, but then I'm just going by eye. Is there a way on PS to line up the horizon with something so that you're sure it's right on?
So, long story about the tripod. I went in to buy another leg + head set at the local camera shop, but they didn't have the models I was interested in. So, just decided I'll order it online cheaper, for next time I decide to come down. Instead, I brought my Dad's old tripod from the 80's to the beach that he used to use with the old heavy VHS camera. It's bulky, cumbersome, and basically a stoneage piece of junk. So...decided to handhold instead. 😛
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 452
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 576
