-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)
Started by Epic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RAW is overrated...like the cowboys 😀
Goodness, yes. My 'boys are terrrrible this year. Serves them right though, they need to figure out how to gel as a team.
Have you seen what you can do with the RAW files though? It's awesome...and I'm just starting to scratch the surface of this stuff. But did you ever receive your wedding photo files in RAW too?
I got them but I have no idea what to do with them...im a photographer, not a technician!Goodness, yes. My 'boys are terrrrible this year. Serves them right though, they need to figure out how to gel as a team.
Have you seen what you can do with the RAW files though? It's awesome...and I'm just starting to scratch the surface of this stuff. But did you ever receive your wedding photo files in RAW too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where's the photos from 20 minutes before sunrise?A'ight Echo Charlie Hotel Oscar!
This is why I was up so early....sunrise on Las Olas! These are just a few of the shots that stood out to me when I went through them real quick...I still have quite a few more to sort through though.
I love pic #1 btw...
I got them but I have no idea what to do with them...im a photographer, not a technician!
Read!
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18
where's the photos from 20 minutes before sunrise?
I stopped for coffee at the Roasted Bean...and missed it. 😳
I love pic #1 btw...
Thank you! 🙂
Now go unpack your camera noinker!
That's a Canon forum. He wouldn't understand.
Nice pictures. There's no one on the beach...
Nice pictures. There's no one on the beach...
I know! 🙄
Apparently SpirivaSunrise is the only one who thinks it's worth getting up early on a Sunday to see one...
Do you like the color or B&W versions better?
I like the B&W. Did you try converting it one color at a time?
I like the B&W. Did you try converting it one color at a time?
Not yet. And I figured out why I can't open the 40D RAW files...I need the ACR update, and it isn't available for my version of Photoshop (CS). You need a minimum of CS3 version...so that explains why I could open them on my brother's computer. I'm going to upgrade to Photoshop CS4 tonight...and then I'll work on the RAW files and converting to B&W.
DPP that came with the camera would be a free way to edit the raw files (converting to TIFF)...or a DNG converter, but I want to stick with a simpler workflow and Photoshop features.
So anyways...the photos I posted are just a quick conversion to see how B&W would look. Curious to see how your technique would come out though! Want to play around with one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got back from 3 weeks Down Under & now I can't get my card reader to work
I have ~400 pics in RAW and I'll have some up as soon as I can get them on my laptop
Nice!!! A trip I would looove to take.
Can't wait to see some of your shots. 🙂
You know what...Kangaroo is nothing more than an overgrown rodent rat.. it just dawned on me looking at that picture.
If you're looking for a wireless remote, I don't think you can beat this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phottix-Wireless-Remote-Set-C3-for-Canon-30D-40D-50D-5D_W0QQitemZ120366358103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item120366358103&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
The only supplier seems to be HK supplies out of Hong Kong... I was little hesitant at first but after reading many reviews, I made my first oversee purchase. It did take some time for me get it..about 2 weeks. But this works like a charm. For $25 including shipping, you can't beat it.
Yes, Echo...they make it for those cheap Nikon too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phottix-Wireless-Remote-Set-C3-for-Canon-30D-40D-50D-5D_W0QQitemZ120366358103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item120366358103&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
The only supplier seems to be HK supplies out of Hong Kong... I was little hesitant at first but after reading many reviews, I made my first oversee purchase. It did take some time for me get it..about 2 weeks. But this works like a charm. For $25 including shipping, you can't beat it.
Yes, Echo...they make it for those cheap Nikon too.
Last edited:
If you're looking for a wireless remote, I don't think you can beat this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phottix-Wireless-Remote-Set-C3-for-Canon-30D-40D-50D-5D_W0QQitemZ120366358103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item120366358103&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
The only supplier seems to be HK supplies out of Hong Kong... I was little hesitant at first but after reading many reviews, I made my first oversee purchase. It did take some time for me get it..about 2 weeks. But this works like a charm. For $25 including shipping, you can't beat it.
Yes, Echo...they make it for those cheap Nikon too.
Broken link!
(Never mind...got it now)
If you're looking for a wireless remote, I don't think you can beat this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phottix-Wireles...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
The only supplier seems to be HK supplies out of Hong Kong... I was little hesitant at first but after reading many reviews, I made my first oversee purchase. It did take some time for me get it..about 2 weeks. But this works like a charm. For $25 including shipping, you can't beat it.
Yes, Echo...they make it for those cheap Nikon too.
Looks good! I may decide to wait until May and see what the selection's like in Japan...have to save something to buy there!
Tried any other new camera equipment lately?
thanks but no thanks! I already have one....If you're looking for a wireless remote, I don't think you can beat this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phottix-Wireless-Remote-Set-C3-for-Canon-30D-40D-50D-5D_W0QQitemZ120366358103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item120366358103&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
The only supplier seems to be HK supplies out of Hong Kong... I was little hesitant at first but after reading many reviews, I made my first oversee purchase. It did take some time for me get it..about 2 weeks. But this works like a charm. For $25 including shipping, you can't beat it.
Yes, Echo...they make it for those cheap Nikon too.
battery life is unreal...3 years and still going strong!
Looks good! I may decide to wait until May and see what the selection's like in Japan...have to save something to buy there!
Tried any other new camera equipment lately?
Just toying with 100-400mm... it takes getting used to and it loves light and doesn't do well in the dark.
thanks but no thanks! I already have one....
battery life is unreal...3 years and still going strong!
Echo...ever shoot in the Everglades?
Any good tips on where to go? I'm just reading about some of the trails I want to check out.
Echo...ever shoot in the Everglades?
Any good tips on where to go? I'm just reading about some of the trails I want to check out.
Watch out for large reptiles..
Just toying with 100-400mm... it takes getting used to and it loves light and doesn't do well in the dark.
What've you been trying to shoot in dark at that focal length? Other than the moon?
Watch out for large reptiles..
That's what I'm looking for!! But they're all over the place...I want some birds too.
What've you been trying to shoot in dark at that focal length? Other than the moon?
indoor stuff.. award ceremonies etc...
indoor stuff.. award ceremonies etc...
Switch to manual focus?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Switch to manual focus?
Not easy using 400mm with a flash when the shutter is set at 1/60. This lens takes getting used to. I'm no where near comfortable. In fact, I think I'm going to do away with trying to use it indoors.
Looks good! I may decide to wait until May and see what the selection's like in Japan...have to save something to buy there!
You better pray that the exchange rate shifts back somewhere north of Y100 by then. I think it's sitting at Y88 right now, yeeks. I had someone check the price of a 24-70mm f/2.8L at Yodabashi and it was somewhere between $1500-$1700 USD 👎
You better pray that the exchange rate shifts back somewhere north of Y100 by then. I think it's sitting at Y88 right now, yeeks. I had someone check the price of a 24-70mm f/2.8L at Yodabashi and it was somewhere between $1500-$1700 USD 👎
Oh, I know. You can't beat the amazon.com's when it comes to price for big ticket items like the lenses, bodies, etc. Exchange rate will kill you on top of already higher prices.
Only thing I'm really interested in doing there is looking at the selection (and maybe a few small things - like a remote shutter). They have floors and floors and floors of the stuff.
Not easy using 400mm with a flash when the shutter is set at 1/60. This lens takes getting used to. I'm no where near comfortable. In fact, I think I'm going to do away with trying to use it indoors.
Try the 70-200 with an extender...
Only time I ever did was with a 35mm and they all came out like crap! But if I was a better photographer with better equipment at the time, I would of done well. I went to Fakahatchee Strand. You see lots of stuff. Now is the best time to go when there are no mosquitos out there.Echo...ever shoot in the Everglades?
Any good tips on where to go? I'm just reading about some of the trails I want to check out.
Oh, I know. You can't beat the amazon.com's when it comes to price for big ticket items like the lenses, bodies, etc. Exchange rate will kill you on top of already higher prices.
Only thing I'm really interested in doing there is looking at the selection (and maybe a few small things - like a remote shutter). They have floors and floors and floors of the stuff.
I should have picked up the Wii fit last time I was there...was out months and months before it came out here in the US. I had my eye on a Sony mp3 player with a TV built in, too bad it probably doesn't work here =(
Anyway, I just like snapping on the lenses on and taking pictures at my leisure there vs. having to go to someone behind a counter at B&H in NYC. I feel like I'm wasting their time since I tend to dote on lenses for a good while. At least at Yodabashi, they just have them sitting out. It's like a big toy store with samples 😍
Do any of you have any advice for cleaning the contacts on the lenses? For whatever reason, my auto-focus quit working the other day on my 70-200. It's probably my fault for exposing it to dust, but it was an accident!
1. Put it back on "Auto - Focus" mode..usually labeled AF.
2. Trade it in for a better brand, ie, Canon
Do any of you have any advice for cleaning the contacts on the lenses? For whatever reason, my auto-focus quit working the other day on my 70-200. It's probably my fault for exposing it to dust, but it was an accident!
What do you mean you exposed it to dust? Just by switching out the lens? Letting it sit out uncapped?
Try the 70-200 with an extender...
Yeah...I got a nice extender as a Christmas gift !! But haven't tried it on 70-200 yet. It does take away the autofocus on 100-400mm.
oh yeah...#1 fixed it! Thanks dude!1. Put it back on "Auto - Focus" mode..usually labeled AF.
2. Trade it in for a better brand, ie, Canon
I forgot to cap it and it sat out in my bag uncapped for a while...What do you mean you exposed it to dust? Just by switching out the lens? Letting it sit out uncapped?
Last edited:
Yeah...I got a nice extender as a Christmas gift !! But haven't tried it on 70-200 yet. It does take away the autofocus on 100-400mm.
Lucky you!! Santa must've mixed up his naughty and nice list.
Just read that AF's only retained on lenses with f/4 or faster. Bummer...your 100-400 just missed it.
Let me know how you like it on the 70-200 though. 🙂
I forgot to cap it and it sat out in my bad uncapped for a while...
Anything on here work?
http://www.bythom.com/autofocus.htm
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
noFor real??
Few shots from today!
And got pretty burnt...😎
And got pretty burnt...😎
Few shots from today!
And got pretty burnt...😎
so where did you end up? Billy Swamp Safari?
so where did you end up? Billy Swamp Safari?![]()
What...is that where you spent your prepubescent years at summer camp?
Lol...no. I just went to the Nat'l park entrance on Tamiami and wandered around Shark Valley.
thats a good spot!What...is that where you spent your prepubescent years at summer camp?
Lol...no. I just went to the Nat'l park entrance on Tamiami and wandered around Shark Valley.
there's nothing wrong with billy swamp! They always get me every time on the spider routine on the air boat ride!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 459
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 581