-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
HG/HP WW sign ups
Started by kaydubs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Unlynch BBC (if that's right)
Lynch aloha
though I don't think they'll count it
Lynch aloha
though I don't think they'll count it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
******ATTENTION PROTECTOR.******
I have an item that is going to be very useful tonight and have a plan with some others to use it in a way that could net us a wolf. I would very much appreciate protection tonight, I think it will pay off.
Or you're a wolf with an ability to see who uses an ability on you and you want to id the protector.
I dunno. The odds of getting killed overnight are low for any particular individual. Kam's post just struck me as weird and overly dramatic.
Just me, probably. But if I were the protector (I'm not) this would make me leery.
The students round on Finn. She hasn't been around to defend herself. But before she goes, she leaves a tantalizing tidbit of information: Aloha has stolen someone's identity. There was little the students could do with such a late information drop. Together they use their wands and corner Finn. Finally, the professors remove her.
Dead is @finnickthedog , the Imp that could redirect results, block, or scramble an ability.
Note: The HOUSE CUP has started. Every house must submit a paragraph story (1 paragraph) based on the Harry Potter Universe. The best one will win. The house that wins will be unable to have a player lynched Tuesday. It will be due tomorrow night at day deadline.
30 players remain.
Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. Devastating- Peruvian Vipertooth
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. @thedrjojo
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
12. SummerTheLynx - Niffler
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
17. Gwenevre - Giant Squid
18. finnickthedog - Imp
Slytherin
19. @BrownSwissCows
20. @Filly Bay
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
26. lhmhtd- Moke
Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
29. Jilary - Flesh-Eating Slug/Flobberworm
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
35. @98cats
36. @Trilt
Night 4 deadline is 9 am unless @kaydubs says otherwise
Dead is @finnickthedog , the Imp that could redirect results, block, or scramble an ability.
Note: The HOUSE CUP has started. Every house must submit a paragraph story (1 paragraph) based on the Harry Potter Universe. The best one will win. The house that wins will be unable to have a player lynched Tuesday. It will be due tomorrow night at day deadline.
30 players remain.
Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. @thedrjojo
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
Slytherin
19. @BrownSwissCows
20. @Filly Bay
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
35. @98cats
36. @Trilt
Night 4 deadline is 9 am unless @kaydubs says otherwise
Ok so when I say "check your votes" or some such, it doesn't mean that the deadline has changed. People need to stop trying to vote after I say lynch is closed. Seriously.
Or you're a wolf with an ability to see who uses an ability on you and you want to id the protector.
I dunno. The odds of getting killed overnight are low for any particular individual. Kam's post just struck me as weird and overly dramatic.
Just me, probably. But if I were the protector (I'm not) this would make me leery.
My odds of getting killed overnight are not low at all.
Since Hayley said she was seered, the wolves have been attacking noobs in Gryffindor every night (trying to root out the seer, I imagine). They attacked Dev, Kcough, Hayley. I am the only noob left in Gryffindor who has not yet been attacked, and so I believe it is very likely I am their next target.
There are others in my group who can attest to the plan and there are also people in my group who I have verified my ability for.
Please, protector, it is very much in our best interest if I am protected.
Or you're a wolf with an ability to see who uses an ability on you and you want to id the protector.
I dunno. The odds of getting killed overnight are low for any particular individual. Kam's post just struck me as weird and overly dramatic.
Just me, probably. But if I were the protector (I'm not) this would make me leery.
ehhh, I see where she's coming from, actually. I'll be the first to admit my Kam blinders are about as bad as my MJ blinders, but it sure seems like a lot of noobish players from Gryffindor have been killed or had attempted kills these last couple nights.
****************
Awww, and I have to miss the house cup too? Insult to injury.
*********************
Awww, and I have to miss the house cup too? Insult to injury.
*********************
Oh, look, what she said. ilu Kam.
ehhh, I see where she's coming from, actually. I'll be the first to admit my Kam blinders are about as bad as my MJ blinders, but it sure seems like a lot of noobish players from Gryffindor have been killed or had attempted kills these last couple nights.
None of which would have happened if one of them hadn't posted something that at least suggested there may be a seer in Gryffindor.
Dumb.
And, if there is one, they should have investigated me (because mayor, not be ause LIS). And so far, nobody has contacted me to say they did.
Just feels like some dumb play is going on.
ehhh, I see where she's coming from, actually. I'll be the first to admit my Kam blinders are about as bad as my MJ blinders, but it sure seems like a lot of noobish players from Gryffindor have been killed or had attempted kills these last couple nights.
Only one player in Gryffindor has been killed... I don't see that as "a lot"... maybe I am missing something.
Yes, the attempted kills on both KC and Hayley...Only one player in Gryffindor has been killed... I don't see that as "a lot"... maybe I am missing something.
Meh. Sorry I missed deadline, lost track of time... I might have changed my mind and voted for someone else, but to be honest, not too upset about the loss of Finn. That ability sounds like it could have caused some serious confusion later on.
Yes, the attempted kills on both KC and Hayley...
Have those been verified as actual wolf kill attempts?
I'm not doubting an attack but have they been verified an actual kill attempt?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude I totally agree with you. Would be great if people considered the implications before they post stuff like that, but what's done is done.None of which would have happened if one of them hadn't posted something that at least suggested there may be a seer in Gryffindor.
Dumb.
And, if there is one, they should have investigated me (because mayor, not be ause LIS). And so far, nobody has contacted me to say they did.
Just feels like some dumb play is going on.
You're missing that both Hayley and Kcough were attacked but had kill avoidances.Only one player in Gryffindor has been killed... I don't see that as "a lot"... maybe I am missing something.
Since some of the people getting seered in Gryffindor keep posting about it on the thread, Gryffindors keep getting attacked.
I'm guessing the wolves are assuming the seer is a noob since they seered Hayley N1 and not one of the many vets in the group. Which explains why all the kills/kill attempts have been noobs.
I'm the last noob left in Gryff so it's not hard to see the pattern and what the logical next step would be.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I would say "meh, two attacks doesn't mean much when the groups are huge," but there is the whole hayley outing that she was seered thing. Of course she may only have been attacked because she was seered (if she really was). Cleared villagers are good targets.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
kcough's was (phoenix thing in the writeup), not sure about hayley?Have those been verified as actual wolf kill attempts?
I'm not doubting an attack but have they been verified an actual kill attempt?
kcough's was (phoenix thing in the writeup), not sure about hayley?
Yeah I remember that one, just couldn't remember who that was.
Have those been verified as actual wolf kill attempts?
I'm not doubting an attack but have they been verified an actual kill attempt?
These are the direct quotes. Hayley took credit for being the first student and nobody disagreed, KC is listed by name. Take it as you may I suppose.
One student woke up in a panic. What was that noise they heard? Footsteps, or paw treads, or slithering... Whatever it was, it was headed closer. Fortunately, the student kept their wits about them. They cast a quick Disillusionment Charm, avoided their stalker, and ran to get a teacher. Soon, the entire castle was in an uproar to try and find the intruder. Unfortunately, said intruder got away in the chaos. The teachers and students counted it as a victory. No one would die in the castle tonight!
STL was not the only one attacked. @kcoughli was flying around the castle when someone was drawn to her brightly-colored plumage. Before she could react, a powerful Incendio blasted her to ashes. Her attacker left her for dead. Surely, no one could survive that attack.
![]()
Luckily, you can't keep a good phoenix down (heh).
Ok so when I say "check your votes" or some such, it doesn't mean that the deadline has changed. People need to stop trying to vote after I say lynch is closed. Seriously.
Sorry I have been having a friend read me all these messages while I've been driving for the past few hours and she accidentally missed the close and interpreted it as another 15 minutes to waffle. She's a good friend to read me something she has no idea about though.
it literally has happened 2 nights in a row with multiple players.Sorry I have been having a friend read me all these messages while I've been driving for the past few hours and she accidentally missed the close and interpreted it as another 15 minutes to waffle. She's a good friend to read me something she has no idea about though.
Unlynch PBC, relynch go
Brought to you by:
Brought to you by:
These are the direct quotes. Hayley took credit for being the first student and nobody disagreed, KC is listed by name. Take it as you may I suppose.
I wasn't discounting it but it is very easy for something to get written up as an "attack" of sorts and not have it at all be a wolf attacking the person. That is the only reason I asked more specifics on the attacks.
Last night you posted a tally that had a vote nobody had seen on it and the wrong person in the lead. I'm absolutely horrible at tallying so that's no great shakes, but you really can't begrudge us trying to throw waffles at you when that came out of nowhere and didn't seem to reflect where we thought the vote was...it literally has happened 2 nights in a row with multiple players.
I said to check your votes and players thought that meant to waffle. I corrected it yesterday. I said something similar today. It happened again. I'm telling players I'm not amused by this. Continue at your own peril.Last night you posted a tally that had a vote nobody had seen on it and the wrong person in the lead. I'm absolutely horrible at tallying so that's no great shakes, but you really can't begrudge us trying to throw waffles at you when that came out of nowhere and didn't seem to reflect where we thought the vote was...
Last night you posted a tally that had a vote nobody had seen on it and the wrong person in the lead. I'm absolutely horrible at tallying so that's no great shakes, but you really can't begrudge us trying to throw waffles at you when that came out of nowhere and didn't seem to reflect where we thought the vote was...
The "check your votes" is a way to correct anything the mod has incorrect. That is when you say, "my vote is wrong or I have so and so voting for sob". But that isn't a point in which votes can change. It is a solid... lynch is over, be sure your vote is correct.
Hopefully that makes sense. 🙂
Yeah I figured that out yesterday when I was told so. 🙂 Just explaining why the situation was potentially a bit confusing.The "check your votes" is a way to correct anything the mod has incorrect. That is when you say, "my vote is wrong or I have so and so voting for sob". But that isn't a point in which votes can change. It is a solid... lynch is over, be sure your vote is correct.
Hopefully that makes sense. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it should not have been confusing 2 nights in a row. If it was, that's called not paying attention.Yeah I figured that out yesterday when I was told so. 🙂 Just explaining why the situation was potentially a bit confusing.
@Cyndia @morninqlory @Teepster87 @genny @WhtsThFrequency @98cats @Trilt
Could one of you please start the Hufflepuff House story conversation thread? I can only invite 5 people in a conversation.
Could one of you please start the Hufflepuff House story conversation thread? I can only invite 5 people in a conversation.
Didn't STL get killed last night? Or the night before?
The "OMG they're killing the n00bs in Gryffindor" just seems an over-reach.
All I'm saying is that if I were the protector I'd be leery of someone screaming in bold font in thread to protect them. I'd want to know more. I might do it, I might not, but I'd definitely be suspicious.
The "OMG they're killing the n00bs in Gryffindor" just seems an over-reach.
All I'm saying is that if I were the protector I'd be leery of someone screaming in bold font in thread to protect them. I'd want to know more. I might do it, I might not, but I'd definitely be suspicious.
I'm sure nobody is meaning anything disrespectful or rude by it, they're just not 100% on the deadline and set-up, and the situation was a little bit different today with no mod around for the last couple hours.it should not have been confusing 2 nights in a row. If it was, that's called not paying attention.
Just like some people can't keep up with the deadline or tally or whatnot and we don't jump on them for not paying attention, I don't really see why it's such a huge deal for people to not be 100% on the deadline, or that it's that hard to just ignore a couple late waffles...I can, yeah.@Cyndia @morninqlory @Teepster87 @genny @WhtsThFrequency @98cats @Trilt
Could one of you please start the Hufflepuff House story conversation thread? I can only invite 5 people in a conversation.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I feel like I wanna take Kam on a nice moonlight ride with the stars glittering and the wind singing while the trees bow to our glory.
Alright, good grief, I was trying everything I could to avoid having to do this, but if it's the only way, fine.
********IF YOU ARE THE PROTECTOR, PLEASE READ THIS POST.********
As much as I really really dislike having to do this, I think it's necessary at this point.
It's become clear that the wolves are aware there is a seer in Gryffindor. After Hayley posted that she was seered on N1, there was some discussion on thread about how that would tell the wolves where to look for the seer (so if they didn't realize at first, it was kindly pointed out to them). The next two nights, Hayley, Dev, and Kcough (three "noobs" in Gryffindor) were all attacked. It appears the wolves assume the seer is a Gryffindor noob. I am the only noob left in Gryffindor who has not yet been attacked at night, and so I believe it is very, very likely I am the wolves' next target for their kill.
I am the seer and do not want to die. Hayley can verify this for you. So can DVMD (in a minute, I'm PM-ing her now). Others can as well but I won't out anyone as seered who hasn't already outed themselves.
This is an ultra drastic measure and I realize if I wasn't the target before, I definitely am now. But I would rather take the pretty big risk associated with outing myself than sit back and watch myself get killed tonight knowing it's coming and not doing anything to prevent it.
So, Protector, PLEASE PROTECT ME TONIGHT! (And in the future, if you can).
I know I'm still looking at a relatively short lifespan, but hopefully you can keep me alive long enough to find a wolf.
TL/DR: Protect Kam
********IF YOU ARE THE PROTECTOR, PLEASE READ THIS POST.********
As much as I really really dislike having to do this, I think it's necessary at this point.
It's become clear that the wolves are aware there is a seer in Gryffindor. After Hayley posted that she was seered on N1, there was some discussion on thread about how that would tell the wolves where to look for the seer (so if they didn't realize at first, it was kindly pointed out to them). The next two nights, Hayley, Dev, and Kcough (three "noobs" in Gryffindor) were all attacked. It appears the wolves assume the seer is a Gryffindor noob. I am the only noob left in Gryffindor who has not yet been attacked at night, and so I believe it is very, very likely I am the wolves' next target for their kill.
I am the seer and do not want to die. Hayley can verify this for you. So can DVMD (in a minute, I'm PM-ing her now). Others can as well but I won't out anyone as seered who hasn't already outed themselves.
This is an ultra drastic measure and I realize if I wasn't the target before, I definitely am now. But I would rather take the pretty big risk associated with outing myself than sit back and watch myself get killed tonight knowing it's coming and not doing anything to prevent it.
So, Protector, PLEASE PROTECT ME TONIGHT! (And in the future, if you can).
I know I'm still looking at a relatively short lifespan, but hopefully you can keep me alive long enough to find a wolf.
TL/DR: Protect Kam
Alright, good grief, I was trying everything I could to avoid having to do this, but if it's the only way, fine.
********IF YOU ARE THE PROTECTOR, PLEASE READ THIS POST.********
As much as I really really dislike having to do this, I think it's necessary at this point.
It's become clear that the wolves are aware there is a seer in Gryffindor. After Hayley posted that she was seered on N1, there was some discussion on thread about how that would tell the wolves where to look for the seer (so if they didn't realize at first, it was kindly pointed out to them). The next two nights, Hayley, Dev, and Kcough (three "noobs" in Gryffindor) were all attacked. It appears the wolves assume the seer is a Gryffindor noob. I am the only noob left in Gryffindor who has not yet been attacked at night, and so I believe it is very, very likely I am the wolves' next target for their kill.
I am the seer and do not want to die. Hayley can verify this for you. So can DVMD (in a minute, I'm PM-ing her now). Others can as well but I won't out anyone as seered who hasn't already outed themselves.
This is an ultra drastic measure and I realize if I wasn't the target before, I definitely am now. But I would rather take the pretty big risk associated with outing myself than sit back and watch myself get killed tonight knowing it's coming and not doing anything to prevent it.
So, Protector, PLEASE PROTECT ME TONIGHT! (And in the future, if you can).
I know I'm still looking at a relatively short lifespan, but hopefully you can keep me alive long enough to find a wolf.
TL/DR: Protect Kam
Verified. Kam proved that she was the one who seered me N1.
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.I'm sure nobody is meaning anything disrespectful or rude by it, they're just not 100% on the deadline and set-up, and the situation was a little bit different today with no mod around for the last couple hours.Just like some people can't keep up with the deadline or tally or whatnot and we don't jump on them for not paying attention, I don't really see why it's such a huge deal for people to not be 100% on the deadline, or that it's that hard to just ignore a couple late waffles...
The deadlines have all been clearly stated in the write ups. I'm not sure why you think that being confused over the deadlines is a good excuse. And I'm sorry you seem to need a mod here to not vote past deadline.
You don't have to defend anything, you know. I was stating my displeasure. Just like you think I should ignore votes, you may feel free to not read those comments.
I'm going to get this embroidered on something.I feel like I wanna take Kam on a nice moonlight ride with the stars glittering and the wind singing while the trees bow to our glory.
More cuteness:
Sometimes the deadlines aren't nearly as hard and fast... Even today you let a couple votes that were a few minutes past 9PM slide.Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.
The deadlines have all been clearly stated in the write ups. I'm not sure why you think that being confused over the deadlines is a good excuse. And I'm sorry you seem to need a mod here to not vote past deadline.
You don't have to defend anything, you know. I was stating my displeasure. Just like you think I should ignore votes, you may feel free to not read those comments.
I guess I just don't understand why this is such a big deal that we have to be talking "continue at your own peril." People make mistakes or aren't sure whether something might be OK... it's not necessarily malicious, or "hurr hurr what can I get by this mod?"
I guess I tend to assume positive intent and/or just plain uncertainty, so it frustrates me when there's a threat associated with it. And I can't turn down an argument on the internet, lol. I'll shut up. It's your and kaydubs' game.
(so if they didn't realize at first, it was kindly pointed out to them).
That dog don't hunt.
The whole "Oh no, you shouldn't have said anything because the wolves might not notice!" is bull****. There are at least 4-6 of them. They noticed.
You could have gone about this sooooooo much better.
And you already MADE your plea. Should have just left it at that. Just because someone like me says it could be sketchy.... you could have just dropped it.
You just keep making the original mistake worse and worse.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't even take the noobness here.
There were several people that did state that they didn't think the votes would be accepted by the were trying anyway.Sometimes the deadlines aren't nearly as hard and fast... Even today you let a couple votes that were a few minutes past 9PM slide.
I guess I just don't understand why this is such a big deal that we have to be talking "continue at your own peril." People make mistakes or aren't sure whether something might be OK... it's not necessarily malicious, or "hurr hurr what can I get by this mod?"
I guess I tend to assume positive intent and/or just plain uncertainty, so it frustrates me when there's a threat associated with it. And I can't turn down an argument on the internet, lol. I'll shut up. It's your and kaydubs' game.
So I'm stating that I won't be happy if it continues. You don't have to like it. You don't have to get defensive. It just needs to stop.
When I'm trying to check tallies and do write ups and new posts keep popping up, it's very annoying to me.
Some people have legit excuses. Others were trying to get away with something.
Oh dear 
I will be flying to Kansas tomorrow. I am responsible to close. I aim to accomplish this before 10am CST. I prefer actions no later than 8am CST/9am EST. preferably earlier so I can close. Be good players.

I will be flying to Kansas tomorrow. I am responsible to close. I aim to accomplish this before 10am CST. I prefer actions no later than 8am CST/9am EST. preferably earlier so I can close. Be good players.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 7K