HG/HP WW sign ups

Started by kaydubs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games vs. Don't know/care

  • The Boy Who Lived

    Votes: 23 67.6%
  • The Odds are Never in Our Favor

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Don't know/care

    Votes: 4 11.8%

  • Total voters
    34
I am now thoroughly confused where the "dark creature" concept came from. It was on the official Wiki, so I assumed it was legit.

The Amazon page for the book lets you get to Acromantula in the Look Inside feature. I can't find a Dark Creature classification anywhere. However, Dark wizards are a real thing, according to the Basilisk entry.
Psssssssstttt. I posted a link to the whole book above.

The only official online information source for HP is pottermore.com
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meh. If Kam is truly a seer she'll be dead in a couple nights. If she lives more than a few I'd start getting suspicious that something iffy is afoot with her.
She did prove to me she's a seer. Doesn't mean there's not a chance she's a wolf seer, but she is telling the truth about her ability.
 
Musings...
- If Kam is claiming to be an affiliation seer, she can't really "prove" that she is one. Anyone can say "Hey, I seered you as a villager."
- Is she is another kind of seer (ability, role name), then not only is there a chance she's a wolf seer, but her info also doesn't automatically clear anyone (just let's us know they aren't lying). Since we don't know what wolves look like, role and ability don't mean a ton right now. It's all guessing.
- If she isn't the affiliation seer, then damn. I don't think I've ever seen someone overreact to the prospect of being killed so fervently before.
 
Musings...
- If Kam is claiming to be an affiliation seer, she can't really "prove" that she is one. Anyone can say "Hey, I seered you as a villager."
- Is she is another kind of seer (ability, role name), then not only is there a chance she's a wolf seer, but her info also doesn't automatically clear anyone (just let's us know they aren't lying). Since we don't know what wolves look like, role and ability don't mean a ton right now. It's all guessing.
- If she isn't the affiliation seer, then damn. I don't think I've ever seen someone overreact to the prospect of being killed so fervently before.

I have some creative license with my role that allows for some flexibility. I can role/ability/affiliation seer (one at a time, not all at once, of course). I have used all three so far. Those I seer also get a mod message alerting them to that fact, so I couldn't just tell someone "hey I affiliation seered you" if I hadn't.
 
Seems that kata is still silenced considering how she voted without posting. She definitely could be the statue.

Edit:
SOV's vote was a contingency vote so he is not silenced
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch hedgie

I really hope we can find all these dang silencers and blockers. Comment is unrelated to vote. I still don't have anything useful 🙁
 
I am home early.

I left a contingency vote. I am not silenced.
Also, not a a wolf, and my role is out there, and should sort of be confirmed, and it is useful. Not game-turning, but useful.

If the weather cooperates I will not be around at all tomorrow, so try not to let someone set me up.

I don't understand the LIS red cap dumbledore thing, but I know nothing about this magical creature book.

Keeping my vote cause I know nothing better.
 
Um what do you wanna know?

I haven't decided what to do yet. Just reading and looking for some reason to vote for now.
 
Not really sure why everyone is going for me. I don't want to role reveal just yet, but will if this keeps going in this direction.

lynch hedigie for now. Just picking someone with more than one vote to try to save me.
 
••••lynch Hmoo••••

Usually she is so much more talkative and active than she is this game (unless I just missed her posts?) but it seems like her play is different.
 
Lol ironic that you ninja'd me right as I was saying you weren't posting

Lol! I just don't have too much to say I guess! The only reason I have feels for SOV is because last time he was a wolf he would post loooooong strategic posts to mislead everyone. Idk if that's his normal play, but I just have feels. Also, I'm not too familiar with all the creatures of HP. I've been readying up on some and I have some ideas on what wolves could be but nothing no one has already said so far!
 
So...Gryffindor wins no matter if it's fair or not like always?

Or Mayor gets to pick?

Nope, mayor does not get to pick.

And I'm still wondering why you chose to investigate Hayley rather than the mayor. It's not about me; it just makes no sense to me that you are in the group with the mayor - so it could still be someone to talk to, which is always nice as a seer - and you blew it off to investigate someone else. The mayor should generally be a high-priority seer choice. In fact, we're on night ... whatever .. and you still haven't investigated me?

Just not making sense to me.
 
Lol! I just don't have too much to say I guess! The only reason I have feels for SOV is because last time he was a wolf he would post loooooong strategic posts to mislead everyone. Idk if that's his normal play, but I just have feels. Also, I'm not too familiar with all the creatures of HP. I've been readying up on some and I have some ideas on what wolves could be but nothing no one has already said so far!

Well. I could be way off, but I think SOV tends to have erratic play just like I do. When he's around he posts a lot and he goes crazy. But when he gets busy he's quiet and less involved. It's real life. I'm the same way - I might post a dozen times for a few days and then wham, if I work 3 14-hr shift days in a row that turn into typical 16-17-hr shifts .... I'm entirely absent. And then people go lynch me because "something changed".

Not saying SOV is a villager -- I don't have any read one way or the other. I'm just dubious about the reasoning hmoo used to get there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Officialish Tally
Orca (5) - Trilt, Guis, PBC, kam, kcough (contingency)
Hedgie (3) - Cyndia, BBC, orca
Guis (2) - LIS, dvmd
MQ (1) - SOV (contingency)
kam (1) - katana
SOV (1) - hmoo
hmoo (1) - aloha

14/28 votes
 
Well. I could be way off, but I think SOV tends to have erratic play just like I do. When he's around he posts a lot and he goes crazy. But when he gets busy he's quiet and less involved. It's real life. I'm the same way - I might post a dozen times for a few days and then wham, if I work 3 14-hr shift days in a row that turn into typical 16-17-hr shifts .... I'm entirely absent. And then people go lynch me because "something changed".

Not saying SOV is a villager -- I don't have any read one way or the other. I'm just dubious about the reasoning hmoo used to get there.

Completely understandable! I would be more than happy to change my vote if someone brings something to the table, I just don't have anything to go off of right now and he's not anywhere near close to be being lynched!
 
Nope, mayor does not get to pick.

And I'm still wondering why you chose to investigate Hayley rather than the mayor. It's not about me; it just makes no sense to me that you are in the group with the mayor - so it could still be someone to talk to, which is always nice as a seer - and you blew it off to investigate someone else. The mayor should generally be a high-priority seer choice. In fact, we're on night ... whatever .. and you still haven't investigated me?

Just not making sense to me.
I assumed you were Dumbledore at that point, as I think most everyone else did. Thought Dumbledore would be a pretty unlikely candidate for a wolf. Once it started becoming clearer that this was a fantastic beasts game (without any other human characters that I know of so far) I discussed my suspicions about your apparently human role and looking into you with several PM partners, and based on impressions some of them had, decided to hold off in favor of more pressing targets.
 
Lynch Hedgie

Norghrheal rheasghon ghrotha trest thoomorgho sho'ime jharghst phootheng mraivhoote ehnbefhoorg aihstoodry.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 5.22.07 PM.png
 
I have got some things to do, unsure if I'll be able to check back in before close of lynch cycle, so for now lynch orca
 
Not when he can't talk normal in PMs either and I want to be able to have our usual game chat 😛
The Alternian is actually significantly harder than just straight Daedric to me, but if ya flip it it's quite easy. The letters are all based on the English ones, I bet you'd get it if you just talked for a bit.

But OK, I admit it'd be nice to not have to put in the effort. I just have really enjoyed the thought process of "I'm a troll! Let's use a troll language from a completely different source based on another fictional language to communicate!"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Alternian is actually significantly harder than just straight Daedric to me, but if ya flip it it's quite easy. The letters are all based on the English ones, I bet you'd get it if you just talked for a bit.

But OK, I admit it'd be nice to not have to put in the effort. I just have really enjoyed the thought process of "I'm a troll! Let's use a troll language from a completely different source based on another fictional language to communicate!"
Yeah, don't really have the time or the energy 😛

lynch hazel
 
Unofficial Lynch Tally b/c I'm bored
Orca (8) - Trilt, Guis, PBC, kam, kcough (contingency), Zen, hedgie, Jam
Hedgie (4) - Cyndia, BBC, orca, MJ
Guis (1) - dvmd
MQ (1) - SOV (contingency)
kam (1) - katana
SOV (1) - hmoo
hmoo (3) - aloha, LIS, WZ

19/28 votes

edited b/c I forgot to change the numbers in parentheses
 
Unofficial Lynch Tally b/c I'm bored
Orca (8) - Trilt, Guis, PBC, kam, kcough (contingency), Zen, hedgie, Jam
Hedgie (4) - Cyndia, BBC, orca, MJ
Guis (1) - dvmd
MQ (1) - SOV (contingency)
kam (1) - katana
SOV (1) - hmoo
hmoo (2) - aloha, LIS
hazel (1)- WZ

19/28 votes

Hmoo and hazel are the same person [emoji4]
 
Not sure if this was addressed previously....I haven't bee able t keep here as much as I would like, but what was the deal with the "cute" posting thing that DVMD seemed to have. Have other people done it? Is it an item? The only reason it made me pause was it reminded me of the pink lady, whatever the eff he rname was, with the cats. If this was explained and I missed it, apologies.