-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
HG/HP WW sign ups
Started by kaydubs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
*****
Am safely in Michigan, and experiencing the wonders of EST. No time to catch up tonight unfortunately so my spreadsheet will remain barren until tomorrow evening probably. Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone and everything!
*****
Am safely in Michigan, and experiencing the wonders of EST. No time to catch up tonight unfortunately so my spreadsheet will remain barren until tomorrow evening probably. Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone and everything!
*****
**********
Am safely in Michigan, and experiencing the wonders of EST. No time to catch up tonight unfortunately so my spreadsheet will remain barren until tomorrow evening probably. Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone and everything!
*****
I'm in Michigan too!
*****
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**********
I'm in Michigan too!
*****
Ann Arbor?? WE SHOULD HAVE A PARTY
*****
*************
Welcome to Michigan.
Are you going to invite me to your party?
*************
*****
Ann Arbor?? WE SHOULD HAVE A PARTY
*****
Welcome to Michigan.
Are you going to invite me to your party?
*************
****
Completely off topic but important enough to mention....
GAME OF THRONES PREMIER TONIGHT!!!
****
Completely off topic but important enough to mention....
GAME OF THRONES PREMIER TONIGHT!!!
****
**********
Ann Arbor?? WE SHOULD HAVE A PARTY
*****
Yeah, I'm interviewing for transplant fellowship at UMich today and Henry Ford tomorrow. We picked up at the airport by 2 other applicants, went out to dinner and drinks with a group of 6 of us (we think it's essentially the whole interview group). It's amazing how cordial and friendly we are with each other despite the fact we are competing for fellowships with each other, but because we will all be working together in this small community for our careers and there are more fellowship spots than there are fellow applicants, we all basically feel we are going to match somewhere we like.
missing about 3 actions and I'm about to start a surgery and see rooms. @kaydubs should see what we're missing on the spreadsheet
1000? I'm a fast reader.Rules question for the contest - Could we have a word count limit instead of just "a paragraph"? Paragraph makes it hard to fit dialogue in.
Just made it through security in Chicago. My flight leaves in less than 30 minutes and I board in ten. Let's do this thing!
Contingency ###Lynch aloha### since I'll be interviewing most of the day, but I'll likely check back in before day closes
It was a sad sad night. @thedrjojo was running amok in the castle, pestering Peeves and leaving visions of dying IGs for @StartingoverVet after he passed his pilot's uber test. Someone snapped his neck.
Dead is @thedrjojo , the Boggart, a shape-shifter who can take the form of an intended victim’s worst fear. He prefers to hide in dark, enclosed (“safe”) places. He could terrorize a player each odd night, preventing them from carrying out their ability.
Another player was lounging near the lake, admiring her reflection in the lake. Someone slashed her throat with her own dragon fang and let her bleed into the lake. The poor merpeople!!!
@BrownSwissCows is also ded. The most dangerous of dragons, native to Hungary, you, the Hungarian Horntail, are the most dangerous of all dragondom. You can seer a player every odd night. Stay tuned.
@DVMDream was particularly sad at the loss of a dragon friend.
Starting lynching.
Note: The HOUSE CUP has started. Every house must submit a paragraph story (1 paragraph) based on the Harry Potter Universe. The best one will win. The house that wins will be unable to have a player lynched Tuesday. It will be due tomorrow night at day deadline.
28 players remain.
Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. Devastating- Peruvian Vipertooth
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. thedrjojo - Boggart
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
12. SummerTheLynx - Niffler
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
17. Gwenevre - Giant Squid
18. finnickthedog - Imp
35. @98cats
Slytherin
19. BrownSwissCows - Hungarian Horntail
20. @Filly Bay
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
26. lhmhtd- Moke
Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
29. Jilary - Flesh-Eating Slug/Flobberworm
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
36. @Trilt
Day 5 deadline at 9pm CST?
Dead is @thedrjojo , the Boggart, a shape-shifter who can take the form of an intended victim’s worst fear. He prefers to hide in dark, enclosed (“safe”) places. He could terrorize a player each odd night, preventing them from carrying out their ability.
Another player was lounging near the lake, admiring her reflection in the lake. Someone slashed her throat with her own dragon fang and let her bleed into the lake. The poor merpeople!!!
@BrownSwissCows is also ded. The most dangerous of dragons, native to Hungary, you, the Hungarian Horntail, are the most dangerous of all dragondom. You can seer a player every odd night. Stay tuned.
@DVMDream was particularly sad at the loss of a dragon friend.
Starting lynching.
Note: The HOUSE CUP has started. Every house must submit a paragraph story (1 paragraph) based on the Harry Potter Universe. The best one will win. The house that wins will be unable to have a player lynched Tuesday. It will be due tomorrow night at day deadline.
28 players remain.
Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
35. @98cats
Slytherin
20. @Filly Bay
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
36. @Trilt
Day 5 deadline at 9pm CST?
Last edited:
What color is jojos name in? On ma phone so can't tell.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
greenWhat color is jojos name in? On ma phone so can't tell.
BSC's is orange but i don't think we got a role name
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just caught up on the thread after driving home late last night and being too tired to read it all. (Yay clean showers and my own bed.)
Finn is right that I did steal LIS identity. I received a one time polyjuice potion item, and using it I was allowed to borrow someone's identity as a form of seering. I figured LIS was the best candidate since he was mayor. My results were that he is in fact Dumbledore, but not normal Dumbledore. He is "Red Cap Dumbledore." I didn't speak up about this right away because I didn't know what the red cap portion meant. I still haven't found anything on redcap Dumbledore specifically, but I did find Red Caps which are not a nice character.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Cap
I am wondering if he was originally a Red Cap, and then when he became mayor, the Dumbledore role came with it, making him now red cap Dumbledore? Unless there is a bit of trivia I'm just not remembering from HP. Otherwise I can't make sense of my result.
I do know one of his abilities now, and it's something I've seen on both sides (pretty sure) but it really isn't inherently wolfy.
Finn is right that I did steal LIS identity. I received a one time polyjuice potion item, and using it I was allowed to borrow someone's identity as a form of seering. I figured LIS was the best candidate since he was mayor. My results were that he is in fact Dumbledore, but not normal Dumbledore. He is "Red Cap Dumbledore." I didn't speak up about this right away because I didn't know what the red cap portion meant. I still haven't found anything on redcap Dumbledore specifically, but I did find Red Caps which are not a nice character.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Cap
I am wondering if he was originally a Red Cap, and then when he became mayor, the Dumbledore role came with it, making him now red cap Dumbledore? Unless there is a bit of trivia I'm just not remembering from HP. Otherwise I can't make sense of my result.
I do know one of his abilities now, and it's something I've seen on both sides (pretty sure) but it really isn't inherently wolfy.
I am wondering if he was originally a Red Cap, and then when he became mayor, the Dumbledore role came with it, making him now red cap Dumbledore? Unless there is a bit of trivia I'm just not remembering from HP. Otherwise I can't make sense of my result.
That still wouldn't explain why he won the mayor election with one vote
True. I don't have an answer for that. I was just explaining that I'm not a wolf and that is why I was seen stealing an identity.That still wouldn't explain why he won the mayor election with one vote
I appreciate someone taking the time to look into LIS. I wouldn't have thought that the boggart role was a good guy so I'm not super keen to jump on a red cap... I feel like we might be looking for characters who are rather unambiguously bad, e.g. basilisk, dementor, maybe giants or acromantula?
I guess I am still a little weirded out by the mayor election and can't help but feel like that is pretty unexplained. Being a red cap in Dumbledore's role I guess makes sense but it reads as a kind of weird mechanic tbh.
I guess I am still a little weirded out by the mayor election and can't help but feel like that is pretty unexplained. Being a red cap in Dumbledore's role I guess makes sense but it reads as a kind of weird mechanic tbh.
Lynch orca.
Just on mild feelz and to get something started.
Just on mild feelz and to get something started.
*******
Awww, all I get is a one liner for now 🙁
******
Awww, all I get is a one liner for now 🙁
******
I am wondering if he was originally a Red Cap, and then when he became mayor, the Dumbledore role came with it, making him now red cap Dumbledore? Unless there is a bit of trivia I'm just not remembering from HP. Otherwise I can't make sense of my result.
I do know one of his abilities now, and it's something I've seen on both sides (pretty sure) but it really isn't inherently wolfy.
Heh. It's more confusing than that. Originally I was supposed to be Red Cap. Then I ended up Dumbledore. On Day 2 (I think - it may still have been Day 1?) the mods said (paraphrased) "Hey, you can be Red Cap, too - that was supposed to be your original role". I said "Sure! I dunno how you're going to make me 2 roles, but whattheheck."
So there you go. I was kinda curious if I would seer as one, the other, or both. Now I know.
Anyway, yes, you stole the Red Cap role ability. The mayor abilities are unremarkable.
I have edited her post to show their roles.green
BSC's is orange but i don't think we got a role name
DEADLINE WILL BE 9 PM Eastern
Official Lynch tally
Orca 1 (trilt)
lynch guisantes ... but I'm really waiting to hear the results of the bold-font promised wolf info from last night.
guys. i am trying to catch up on missed PMs. Please PM me if you didn't receive results.
That still wouldn't explain why he won the mayor election with one vote
I think I won the election because Dumbledore. Who <else> could win it?
@Kam325, what did you see?
@Kam325, what did you see?
The person I checked last night was a villager, unfortunately. Several PM partners know who.
*****
Boo you ******. But I guess for the best
*****
Boo you ******. But I guess for the best
*****
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not accusatory, but why did you think your action would definitely net a wolf? I'm guessing there's at least one unseerable wolf (although that's a lame excuse to lynch the person in question).The person I checked last night was a villager, unfortunately. Several PM partners know who.
Mods - any chance of abilities for the dead?
Not accusatory, but why did you think your action would definitely net a wolf? I'm guessing there's at least one unseerable wolf (although that's a lame excuse to lynch the person in question).
Nah, sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself well.
The original post (about the item and plan to net a wolf) was a ploy devised by myself and some PM partners who knew I'm the seer, knew I was likely about to get night killed, and were looking for a way to buy me a night of protection without blatantly outing myself on the thread. There was no item or plan, we just thought it might be a bit more subtle to say that than to straight up admit I was the seer. (It may have been if I posted with a bit more subtlety, but when it was clear the post had generated a ton of controversy, I got paranoid the protector would decide to hold off and the wolves would be doubly motivated to kill me, and decided to just take the nuclear option and come out with the truth).
Okay... still seems a little weird.Nah, sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself well.
The original post (about the item and plan to net a wolf) was a ploy devised by myself and some PM partners who knew I'm the seer, knew I was likely about to get night killed, and were looking for a way to buy me a night of protection without blatantly outing myself on the thread. There was no item or plan, we just thought it might be a bit more subtle to say that than to straight up admit I was the seer. (It may have been if I posted with a bit more subtlety, but when it was clear the post had generated a ton of controversy, I got paranoid the protector would decide to hold off and the wolves would be doubly motivated to kill me, and decided to just take the nuclear option and come out with the truth).
I thought I made it clear in the 2nd post that the 1st post was an attempt not to have to out myself, but I probably should have spelled that out better.Okay... still seems a little weird.
I've got a theory that I want to test. Two dragons have turned up orange, so I'm guessing that dragons are a faction. Given that the dragons have been night-killed, I'm guessing there's a second night-killing faction. And, since we're in a Fantastic Beasts-styled game...
Dark Creatures (you'll have to scroll down on the Dark Arts wiki page) are an actual thing. I found out when researching the Lethifold as a potentially unseerable wolf. It made an impression on me as a kid when I read the Fantastic Beasts book.
Dark creatures are creatures that "are deeply feared and/or despised by witches and wizards". They include the Basilisk, acromantula, hag, vampire, werewolf, and grindylow. I realize not all Dark creatures are inherently evil (see werewolf Lupin), but even that can be argued (Lupin, without the Wolfsbane potion, was willing to attack and kill Harry and friends).
Overall, I think Dark creatures are the second faction in the game.
lynch SOV
Dark Creatures (you'll have to scroll down on the Dark Arts wiki page) are an actual thing. I found out when researching the Lethifold as a potentially unseerable wolf. It made an impression on me as a kid when I read the Fantastic Beasts book.
Dark creatures are creatures that "are deeply feared and/or despised by witches and wizards". They include the Basilisk, acromantula, hag, vampire, werewolf, and grindylow. I realize not all Dark creatures are inherently evil (see werewolf Lupin), but even that can be argued (Lupin, without the Wolfsbane potion, was willing to attack and kill Harry and friends).
Overall, I think Dark creatures are the second faction in the game.
lynch SOV
That is somewhat disproven with Rojo being a boggart though, no?I've got a theory that I want to test. Two dragons have turned up orange, so I'm guessing that dragons are a faction. Given that the dragons have been night-killed, I'm guessing there's a second night-killing faction. And, since we're in a Fantastic Beasts-styled game...
Dark Creatures (you'll have to scroll down on the Dark Arts wiki page) are an actual thing. I found out when researching the Lethifold as a potentially unseerable wolf. It made an impression on me as a kid when I read the Fantastic Beasts book.
Dark creatures are creatures that "are deeply feared and/or despised by witches and wizards". They include the Basilisk, acromantula, hag, vampire, werewolf, and grindylow. I realize not all Dark creatures are inherently evil (see werewolf Lupin), but even that can be argued (Lupin, without the Wolfsbane potion, was willing to attack and kill Harry and friends).
Overall, I think Dark creatures are the second faction in the game.
lynch SOV
At least, Boggart=Dark isn't spelled out anywhere on the wiki page, unlike the other examples.
Meh. If Kam is truly a seer she'll be dead in a couple nights. If she lives more than a few I'd start getting suspicious that something iffy is afoot with her.
I agree with this, boggart seems like a really sketchy role and came back green...That is somewhat disproven with Rojo being a boggart though, no?
I'm willing to get on board with that ###lynchsov###
Also, since Kata was the only one who was silenced are we to assume she is the statue?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Also, since Kata was the only one who was silenced are we to assume she is the statue?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I don't think the dark creatures category is an official "thing" but if you wanted to look more into that, this website - https://www.hp-lexicon.org/bestiary/bestiary_d.html lists boggarts as dark creatures as well which goes against your theory.
Just found a different source (TvTropes, so not as legit) that agrees. I thought for sure after reading the Harry Potter wiki that bogarts didn't count. Sorry, guys.I don't think the dark creatures category is an official "thing" but if you wanted to look more into that, this website - https://www.hp-lexicon.org/bestiary/bestiary_d.html lists boggarts as dark creatures as well which goes against your theory.
unlynch SOV
It fit so perfectly, too 🙁
I don't think the dark creatures category is an official "thing" but if you wanted to look more into that, this website - https://www.hp-lexicon.org/bestiary/bestiary_d.html lists dragons and boggarts as dark creatures as well which goes against your theory.
Yeah I'm a little unsure about that logic. I was creeping around the wiki a bit more, and at the bottom of the lethifold page, it has the classifications of magical creatures (explanation of each category is here). Grindylow's are considered a category XX which is not that bad - also while they were annoying in the books, I didn't really think of them as truly evil creatures. So I dont know if I'd necessarily consider them an automatic baddie, but that being said, until we finally get a wolf, I have no idea what dy and kaydubs would have done. And I don't know anything for or against SOV at the moment, so it could be worth pursuing.
Anyways, at the moment I'd really like to hear more from orca and hedgie. Both have been pretty quiet, and while I know it's somewhat normal, I just want to prod them into talking since otherwise I'll probably forget about them till way later in the game. Lynch hedgie.
Oops, quoted the wrong quote - meant to quote Zen. I do agree with what fb said haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think "evil" (or dark, in this case) wasn't based on danger but more on aggressiveness. I'll see if I can get a copy of the Fantastic Beasts book from my library this week (can't get it today, unfortunately) and double-check.Yeah I'm a little unsure about that logic. I was creeping around the wiki a bit more, and at the bottom of the lethifold page, it has the classifications of magical creatures (explanation of each category is here). Grindylow's are considered a category XX which is not that bad - also while they were annoying in the books, I didn't really think of them as truly evil creatures. So I dont know if I'd necessarily consider them an automatic baddie, but that being said, until we finally get a wolf, I have no idea what dy and kaydubs would have done. And I don't know anything for or against SOV at the moment, so it could be worth pursuing.
Anyways, at the moment I'd really like to hear more from orca and hedgie. Both have been pretty quiet, and while I know it's somewhat normal, I just want to prod them into talking since otherwise I'll probably forget about them till way later in the game. Lynch hedgie.
I don't think wolves are based *just* on danger, unless the wolves are XXXXX. According to the wiki, Phoenixes are XXXX. I highly doubt a Phoenix is an original wolf.
Searchable PDF of the book 

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I know I have a copy of the book in my house somewhere...
I am now thoroughly confused where the "dark creature" concept came from. It was on the official Wiki, so I assumed it was legit.
The Amazon page for the book lets you get to Acromantula in the Look Inside feature. I can't find a Dark Creature classification anywhere. However, Dark wizards are a real thing, according to the Basilisk entry.
The Amazon page for the book lets you get to Acromantula in the Look Inside feature. I can't find a Dark Creature classification anywhere. However, Dark wizards are a real thing, according to the Basilisk entry.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 7K