High GPA/Low MCAT- help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whamee1515

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

This is a re-post from the MD WAMC section.

I am a first time user and pretty new to this, but wanted to seek some help as I'm struggling with the application process. I graduated summa cum laude (GPA 3.97) last year with a degree in Health Sciences from a public research university. This year, I've been working in a musculoskeletal research lab on an animal study examining lower back pain. I have 700 hours of clinical observation, 500 hours of volunteer work and was an NCAA collegiate athlete.

However, I am not a good test taker. I studied my tail off this year for the MCAT and received my score yesterday, got a 500. While I know this limits my chances tremendously for MD schools, I was looking for some advice/suggestions on MD/DO schools in which I may be competitive as I plan to apply this cycle.

Any advice on schools in which I may be competitive? Thank you!