High school Volunteer Experiences in my AMCAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I understand this topic may have been talked about on SDN forums but I wanted to make sure based on my situation. I'm a nontraditional and I volunteered at this hospital in high school about 7 years ago. I got around 50 hours from that. Fast forward to now, I finished college and I just started volunteering at that hospital again. I understand the consensus on SDN is to not include stuff you did in high school unless you continued doing it in college. My belief is that I shouldn't include the fact that I did it in high school in my AMCAS since 7 years is a really long time. But at the same time I don't wanna throw away those 50 hours. The fact is the only reason I wasn't volunteering there as much is cause I was always either taking summer classes or doing research during college and I had a really fond experience at that hospital back then, so much so I wanted to come back again. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to keep or just scrap those hours?

Members don't see this ad.