Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My cousin is also a MD anesthesiologist. It's a 4-year residency after med school (1 yr of internal medicine and then 3 years anesthesiology training). He hates his job. The work hours are terrible. The surgeons, whom he works with, don't respect him. He wishes to be a dentist like me and many of his successful dentist friends. I remember when my younger brother, who is 10 younger than I am, applied for med schools, my cousin told him that he should apply for dental schools instead. My younger brother is a GI doc and he loves his job.lol oh dang. The logistics of that job are so much better than dentistry. Especially for a short residency like anesthesia. I've always thought that there is too much made of dental incomes. You will see "lifestyle" being thrown around when we're actually paid low our education level.

