How different was your major by the time you graduated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotASerialKiller

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Similar to how people say med students often end up in different specialties that they originally thought, when advising pre-meds I usually tell them that most undergrads switch majors so they shouldn't stress over it. I believe the consensus is that that's generally true, but what about for the neurotic maniacs on SDN? Did you guys change majors 7 times, or stay the course throughout?

For me: Anthro > Chem > Bio

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Physics/Aerospace Engineering>Computer Information Systems>Physics/Chemisty

Business->Economics->Physics->Computer Science-> Literature (the one that got away :( )->Engineering

Biology>Biophysics>Biochemistry>Philosophy. Currently in senior year and have no plans to switch.

Last edited:
Currently Biology. I want to switch to English, but I'm not sure.

Had a plan written out before I got on campus; three years later, the only changes were a couple of classes that I had just put in as [generic music class]. Music -> music!

Started as a chemistry major, graduated as a chemistry major.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Had a plan written out before I got on campus; three years later, the only changes were a couple of classes that I had just put in as [generic music class]. Music -> music!
Your avatar makes me miss music theory.

Business Admin --> Psychology --> Chemistry --> Biochem --> Biology --> Philosophy --> Music

I'll be the first person to graduate from my school with a degree in music since the early 1900s. The degree restarted at the beginning of my junior year so I'll be a supersenior graduating this spring. Pre-med through most of it, but just wanted to study music for awhile.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the Bar-------> Bio

Reactions: 1 users
Chemistry>Philosophy>Bio/Psy double major

Chemical Engineering/Math -> Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry + math minor

Last edited:
Graphic Design/Sociology/Rehabilitation & Human Services/Biology

Environmental Science -> physics -> math

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Physics/Aerospace Engineering>Computer Information Systems>Physics/Chemisty

If I wasn't so afraid of the GPA ramifications, I would have done physics or math.

For me it goes Biology -(freshman switch) -> Chemistry (currently a senior now).

English --> humanities --> humanities + chemistry --> humanities (B.A.) + bio (B.S.)

If I wasn't so afraid of the GPA ramifications, I would have done physics or math.

For me it goes Biology -(freshman switch) -> Chemistry (currently a senior now).
I am jealous of your biology and chemistry department then.

Environmental Sci -->Environmental Sci + Anthro --> Anthro (+Human Biology minor)

Biochem --> Microbio + History --> Genetics + History -> Genetics

People who changed their major 2+ times, did you take more than 4 years to graduate? Just reading this thread is stressing me out:unsure:

Biochemistry --> Communication Science and Disorders --> Biological Science.
Graduated during summer instead of spring.

Mech E -> Economics -> Biology (Chem minor)

**** anything past calc 2 I say

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Undeclared -> Education -> Biochem. Shoulda double majored in ed and biochem so I could fall back on teaching in case med school doesn't work out but oh well.

The math nerds are keeping all of the good math behind a bunch of boring grindy grunt work, this is their secret

Yeah totally. Once I learned FTGT I could never go back. It's just WAY too cool.

Leaving this here since we're geeking out on math stuff

8ed3d3507d6c2a55f7465406f51a3307.jpg

There is actually a key flaw in this joke

Reactions: 1 users
Leaving this here since we're geeking out on math stuff

8ed3d3507d6c2a55f7465406f51a3307.jpg

There is actually a key flaw in this joke
I think my math degree just burst into flames.

Chem eng -) chemistry -) math -) biology

Wtf, even I don't know how this happened.