How many DO schools are you applying to and your stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually no they don't. I called every single md school on my list to ask them what their policy on multiple mcat scores is and not a single one averages mcat scores. Most of them take the most recent / highest score. still a 29 and 3.7 is below md average so ill probably still need all the luck in the world lol
Well then I have been misinformed, still good luck. What DO schools are you applying to

Members don't see this ad.

My cycles over I'm going to msucom. 25 mcat 3.8 gap. I had ii in kycom Campbell , wvsom pacific northwestern . You will love kycom I did

My cycles over I'm going to msucom. 25 mcat 3.8 gap. I had ii in kycom Campbell , wvsom pacific northwestern . You will love kycom I did

Oh nice congrats! So what do you think about my school list?

Btw isn't kycom supposed to be the easiest med school to get into in the United States?

Members don't see this ad :)
Kycom? I wouldn't say that , people with higher mcat scores than me got rejected. It's def up and coming. The way I see it is that the hardest part is getting in to any accredited school in the U.S. That is never easy, especially since applicants are consistently becoming better each year. Never knock the school down just because of what you read on here. I had my doubts about Kentucky as well, I loved it when I got there though.

Your list looks fine, I would add dmu and kc

Kycom? I wouldn't say that , people with higher mcat scores than me got rejected. It's def up and coming. The way I see it is that the hardest part is getting in to any accredited school in the U.S. That is never easy, especially since applicants are consistently becoming better each year. Never knock the school down just because of what you read on here. I had my doubts about Kentucky as well, I loved it when I got there though.

Your list looks fine, I would add dmu and kc

Indeed. Yea I've been thinking about adding those two. Especially dmu

I say drop two of your lower tier md schools and add those two. They are very good schools , even better than some of the md schools. As a fair warning to everybody though, don't make the same mistake I did I applied October. The earlier the better

I say drop two of your lower tier md schools and add those two. They are very good schools , even better than some of the md schools. As a fair warning to everybody though, don't make the same mistake I did I applied October. The earlier the better

I might just tack them on. At this point two more can't hurt. as far as applying goes I submitted my primary on may 29 so about a week ago. I'm prewriting secondaries now

Just pick 7-8 like you said and you should be fine with those stats. Nice job with the MCAT.

Thanks! I ended up applying to six programs:

Touro-CA
Western
KCUMB
A.T. Still Kirksville
PCOM
DMU

Hopefully I'll get an acceptance from my short list!

Reactions: 1 user
I might just tack them on. At this point two more can't hurt. as far as applying goes I submitted my primary on may 29 so about a week ago. I'm prewriting secondaries now
Wouldn't hurt if you did, who knows one may be the big one ! Good luck with pre-writing, hopefully they don't change them.

Wouldn't hurt if you did, who knows one may be the big one ! Good luck with pre-writing, hopefully they don't change them.

Yea I hope they don't change them either lol

Hi all! 3.80 cGPA, 3.85 sGPA, 31 (11/11/9). Applying to 9 DO schools. Reapplying to about ~18 MD schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.25s/3.3c (top 25 undergrad school if that matters); 29 (10 PS/9 VR/10 BS)... 9 DO and 8 MD
Average to below average EC's (no research but lots of clinical experience as a pediatric ER scribe)
Solid letters including DO
Already AMCAS and AACOMAS verified with all LOR's received
Florida resident

DO schools
AZCOM
LECOM
LECOM-B
PCOM
PCOM-GA
TOURO - NY
TOURO - CA
NOVA
WesturnU (Pomona)

MD
4 in-state + a couple of low tier out of state

Would prefer to stay in Florida (Praying for Nova)!
Does my list seem appropriate? Any schools that I should add to the DO list? Thanks

3.25s/3.3c (top 25 undergrad school if that matters); 29 (10 PS/9 VR/10 BS)... 9 DO and 8 MD
Average to below average EC's (no research but lots of clinical experience as a pediatric ER scribe)
Solid letters including DO
Already AMCAS and AACOMAS verified with all LOR's received
Florida resident

DO schools
AZCOM
LECOM
LECOM-B
PCOM
PCOM-GA
TOURO - NY
TOURO - CA
NOVA
WesturnU (Pomona)

MD
4 in-state + a couple of low tier out of state

Would prefer to stay in Florida (Praying for Nova)!
Does my list seem appropriate? Any schools that I should add to the DO list? Thanks
apply more southeast schools and less west coast/NE schools.

I'm applying to a few of the NE/west coast schools because I have some ties to the NE/west coast (lots of family) and would be comfortable living there (I know about NE bias, which is why I didn't apply to more schools out there). What other Southeast schools would you recommend?

I'm applying to a few of the NE/west coast schools because I have some ties to the NE/west coast (lots of family) and would be comfortable living there (I know about NE bias, which is why I didn't apply to more schools out there). What other Southeast schools would you recommend?
most if not all. ex: ACOM, VCOM-Auburn, WCU (i think which is down there). Safety schools for ya and closer by.

3.8-4.0 gpa and 515 mcat. Applied to 17 MD and 3 DOs. Have DO letter.
Complete second and third week of August at most schools.

Contemplating adding more DO schools.

I applied to 4 DO schools and may add more if things start to get dicey :scared:

Nova
Lecom-B
AZCOM
NYIT

3.4 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 35 MCAT

also applied to 26 MD schools

3.8-4.0 gpa and 515 mcat. Applied to 17 MD and 3 DOs. Have DO letter.
Complete second and third week of August at most schools.

Contemplating adding more DO schools.
Your numbers look so solid for MD. May I ask what brings you to DO schools?

Reactions: 1 users

Having a couple "backup" DO schools isnt a bad idea. MD is hard as hell to get into even with good numbers.

@marlinfan610 I would definitely apply to ACOM especially if you're from Florida. New school that hasn't graduated its first class, but the first class got their scores back and the word on the street is they scored >90% pass rate on their first attempt. Thats amazing for a brand new school. Coupled with their awesome rotation sites (some even in north florida) its a solid choice. The rotations are a part of AMEC if you want to read up on why they're really good. The reason people stay away from new schools is the unknown of passing boards and the usual shaky rotations, but ACOM faculty are walking the walk. Can't recommend ACOM enough. Ended up choosing it over some more established DO schools and it definitely worked out. All of the founding faculty here are super experienced. the dean is the founding dean of LMU-DCOM and has taught at many other DO schools. The academic division leaders also have taught at some more established DO schools.

Having a couple "backup" DO schools isnt a bad idea. MD is hard as hell to get into even with good numbers.

I feel like there's also some DO schools that would be better than some MD in certain situations...like an established DO in an area you want to practice in vs a new MD in the middle of nowhere

eg. Like CCOM/AZCOM vs Homer Stryker

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah but it's more *money.* I sort of thought maybe waiting a couple more months to save wouldn't be a terrible plan. If the cycle goes later and everything, as we're told.

I feel like there's also some DO schools that would be better than some MD in certain situations...like an established DO in an area you want to practice in vs a new MD in the middle of nowhere

eg. Like CCOM/AZCOM vs Homer Stryker

Yea, I mean CCOM/AZCOM are some pretty top of the line DO schools.

Still though, I thought that too, but apparently even a new MD school has advantage over great schools like CCOM and AZCOM. I dont care though. AZCOM is pretty good. I saw their school firsthand, and its definitely pretty top notch.

Yea, I mean CCOM/AZCOM are some pretty top of the line DO schools.

Still though, I thought that too, but apparently even a new MD school has advantage over great schools like CCOM and AZCOM. I dont care though. AZCOM is pretty good. I saw their school firsthand, and its definitely pretty top notch.

Not dealing with the AOA sounds pretty nice....

cGPA 3.27 sGPA 3.27 MCAT 501. Applied to 13 DO schools. Thinking about adding a couple more but just the 13 for now

have you heard back from any schools yet post secondaries?

Not yet.... I'm still waiting for my mcat score to get attached to my app. Hopefully it should be in by the end of the week. I also have summer grades I'm getting ready to attach so if I hear from schools it'll be with a 3.18 GPA. If I get some love with the 3.18 I'll be stoked but more banking on the 3.27

3.5 cGPA
3.4 sGPA
27 MCAT

KCU
DMU
AT Still - Kirksville
AT Still - AZ
Oklahoma State
PCOM
LMU-D
Campbell
Marian

Don't have much research, and just to cover all my bases. Applied Lecom- dirt cheap, UNECOM- in new England, some connections, NOVA- MIAMI haha

21 schools, science gpa: 3.61, overall: 3.64, 27 mcat (8,9,10). The list GPA is the AACOMAS-calculated GPA.

literally the exact same stats, haha! But I applied to 18.

Calculated by AACOMAS 3.53/3.10/25 (8/8/9) applied to 16
ACOM
ATSU
ATSU-Soma
CCOM
DMU
KYCOM
LECOM
LECOM-B
LMU
MUCOM
NOVA
VCOM x 3
WCUM
WVSOM

Anyone applying to BCOM? What are your honest thoughts about this school...

Anyone applying to BCOM? What are your honest thoughts about this school...
Its new. They'll need some time before they fully know what they're doing. Low stats it looks like, someone mentioned a 501 mcat average. I'm calling on Monday to ask about their rotations.

Edit: If you want a quick look stats wise: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-invite-thread-2015-2016-cycle.1148504/page-3

It's not an accurate way of measuring stats by any means, but kind of gives you an idea.

27/3.7

Current total of 10 DO and 8 MD. Money is all dried up. Plan to apply to more DO's in the next week as soon as everything I own is done being sold on ebay. Kidding (not everything I own, just a lot)!

Got just enough set away for a suit and a promise from everyone in my family to drive me to 1-2 interviews. And that's being optimistic about interviews.

27/3.7

Current total of 10 DO and 8 MD. Money is all dried up. Plan to apply to more DO's in the next week as soon as everything I own is done being sold on ebay. Kidding (not everything I own, just a lot)!

Got just enough set away for a suit and a promise from everyone in my family to drive me to 1-2 interviews. And that's being optimistic about interviews.
Pm link to auction?

3.68 cGPA (3.71 cGPA), 3.50 BCP GPA (3.65 BCPM), 31 MCAT (11/8 ouch?/12)

18 DO schools

Parenthesis indicate AMCAS GPA. Our school does half-step grades but only lists them as pluses...screwed my GPA slightly for AACOMAS since they don't differentiate half step from pluses.

LOR and shadowed DO 100+ hours
2 publications
10 poster presentations at conferences
Volunteered in ER 150+ hours
EMT-B

Still not good enough for MD, but first time applicant for DO this year.
How in the world are you not good enough for MD?? Believe in yourself you glorious person!

At what point do you start to consider adding more schools? I've been complete at most places since mid July-early August and have only heard back from one. I applied broadly based on location but am starting to get nervous and am considering adding schools. What are your opinions?

At what point do you start to consider adding more schools? I've been complete at most places since mid July-early August and have only heard back from one. I applied broadly based on location but am starting to get nervous and am considering adding schools. What are your opinions?
what r your stats?

3.63cGPA and sGPA, 27 1st MCAT and 30 2nd time, ?poor-fair? ECs
yeah, thats kind of strange. Unless you wrote really poor secondaries or your EC's suck or something im not sure why you havent gotten more love. how many schools did you apply to?

yeah, thats kind of strange. Unless you wrote really poor secondaries or your EC's suck or something im not sure why you haven't gotten more love. how many schools did you apply to?
I don't think that my ECs are "bad" but I know that they are not good. I could PM them to you if you would like. I'm not a strong writer but I don't think my secondary responses are bad either, maybe not the best. I applied to 7 schools

3.63cGPA and sGPA, 27 1st MCAT and 30 2nd time, ?poor-fair? ECs

Need more information from you. Where are you from, and what EC's you have, etc. Which schools have you applied to?

I don't think that my ECs are "bad" but I know that they are not good. I could PM them to you if you would like. I'm not a strong writer but I don't think my secondary responses are bad either, maybe not the best. I applied to 7 schools
PM me your EC's.