How to deal with being single?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just marry a dumb billionaire heiress, that's how.

Too bad most of Paris Hilton's inheritance seems to be heading to charity. That and she is ugly...

Members don't see this ad.

There is a lot to bash about Paris Hilton but she isn't ugly.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a lot to bash about Paris Hilton but she isn't ugly.

You don't seriously think she is attractive do you?

paris-hilton-pic.gif

Oh ya, she's a real bag. Wow. Wouldn't want to be caught dead walking around with that...

I'll take the standard 300lb+ North American women any day.

Oh ya, she's a real bag. Wow. Wouldn't want to be caught dead walking around with that...

I'll take the standard 300lb+ North American women any day.
Take away the glam make up and photoshop touch ups and all your left with is a thin blonde with ghoulish bone structure and a textbook rhinoplasty candidate. I guess you are easily impressed with photofilters and the airbrush. 300lbs can't even stand up to photoshop

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PduJAw5oxIg[/YOUTUBE]

I wish there was someone I could date and then have babies with at my school. All the men look like the back end of a rhino. :lol:

Ladies, no laughing. We are not much better looking either.

Take away the glam make up and photoshop touch ups and all your left with is a thin blonde with ghoulish bone structure and a textbook rhinoplasty candidate. I guess you are easily impressed with photofilters and the airbrush. 300lbs can't even stand up to photoshop

[youtube]PduJAw5oxIg[/youtube]

woah.:cool:

Take away the glam make up and photoshop touch ups and all your left with is a thin blonde with ghoulish bone structure and a textbook rhinoplasty candidate. I guess you are easily impressed with photofilters and the airbrush.

Well, I'm not a big Paris fan, but most folks have seen Paris on the news, in tabloids, in her illicit internet videos and other non-airbrushed or filtered instances, so I'm not sure your argument holds up. I would agree with you about folks you only see in photoshoots in magazines, on TV shows, or otherwise filmed in controlled situations.

But what does this have to do with med students? The last time Paris Hilton was seen dating a med student was... try never.

Perhaps there's an heiress of the Motel 6 or Days Inn family that might go that route.:)

Well, I'm not a big Paris fan, but most folks have seen Paris on the news, in tabloids, in her illicit internet videos and other non-airbrushed or filtered instances, so I'm not sure your argument holds up. I would agree with you about folks you only see in photoshoots in magazines, on TV shows, or otherwise filmed in controlled situations.

But what does this have to do with med students? The last time Paris Hilton was seen dating a med student was... try never.

Perhaps there's an heiress of the Motel 6 or Days Inn family that might go that route.:)

I was referring specifically to the pic I posted. I've seen her in all the forums you've mentioned above and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would say she is attractive. Maybe if you didn't look at her face...

That's just me though :laugh:

She's already had a nose job. Just google it.

While most are bashing Paris, and I've never been a fan, I do have to say, that I saw her in an airline's club and on my plane when I was flying home, and she was very nice to anyone who came up to talk to her, even another passenger's children during the trip. My mom sat next to the passenger, and his kids kept running back telling their dad that they talked to her and what she said. She could've just told the kids to go back to coach.

Back to the topic of the thread. In real life, I'm single and sometimes I get tired of it, via my school's rumor mill, I've heard I'm dating someone.

She's already had a nose job. Just google it.

While most are bashing Paris, and I've never been a fan, I do have to say, that I saw her in an airline's club and on my plane when I was flying home, and she was very nice to anyone who came up to talk to her, even another passenger's children during the trip. My mom sat next to the passenger, and his kids kept running back telling their dad that they talked to her and what she said. She could've just told the kids to go back to coach.

Back to the topic of the thread. In real life, I'm single and sometimes I get tired of it, via my school's rumor mill, I've heard I'm dating someone.

textbook revision rhinoplasty :laugh:

Corrected.

Members don't see this ad :)
As practical as that sounds, I think a 'singles' section is in the works at SDN.

Easiest way to get through medical school single: Ladies, grab yourself a nice durable dildo and name it. Fellas, I'd go out and get me a pocket ***** (google it). Works everytime...how else do you think they get those derm residencies? :laugh: Not with a boyfriend at hand..lol..

What the hell?

I'm so traumatized after my ex cheated on and left me for an ugly, fat balding woman twice my age. I NEED SOME DUDE TO HOLD MEEEEE!!!

I'm so traumatized after my ex cheated on and left me for an ugly, fat balding woman twice my age. I NEED SOME DUDE TO HOLD MEEEEE!!!

Wow. That's probably the saddest thing I've read today. Tough luck. Oh well, maybe an MI will get her?

It sounds like someone needs to visit their home state a little more often. :)

when i was shadowing as a premed, one doc said that there was someone in their practice that ordered a wife from Russia. You see that is another option.

when i was shadowing as a premed, one doc said that there was someone in their practice that ordered a wife from Russia.

Hope she didn't come COD.

The mail order brides most often dump their husbands the second they get citizenship. If you couldn't wow a gal in your own country it's hard to imagine you would do better with an import.

i probably won't ask the dean, but every now and then i spy a HOT doc (for the past year and a half) at the cafe in the hospital and i just soo wanna hit on him. i'm a lowly m2 and his long coat is intimidating! do docs even mind getting hit on at work?
is it "frowned upon" to hit on him or at least buy him a cup of coffee? i wanna bite him.

oh yeah, and back to the original post -- maybe sdn should start an online dating community :laugh::D

honey, it happens. it happened to me a few years ago. don't let it bring YOU down -- there are other reasons this happened, and in no order: 1) he's got insecurity issues a la "if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life..." 2) it's true ugly love and now you can't stand between that, no?
for some reason, Flavor of Love comes to mind...

edit: one more thing -- swing dancing is fun! not a place to meet guys thoughs. mostly guys you don't wanna date, or guys who are in the "in" swing dance cliques. weird phenomenon.

is it "frowned upon" to hit on him

Yes. Most hospitals frown on doctor-student fraternization. It can all too quickly turn into a sexual harassment nightmare. Hospitals tend to have in house lawyers who make it known within the faculty that the hospital's (often unwritten) policy is that these relationships should be dissuaded. I can guarantee that if you ask your dean he will tell you to leave it alone.

Yes. Most hospitals frown on doctor-student fraternization. It can all too quickly turn into a sexual harassment nightmare. Hospitals tend to have in house lawyers who make it known within the faculty that the hospital's (often unwritten) policy is that these relationships should be dissuaded. I can guarantee that if you ask your dean he will tell you to leave it alone.

poop! oh well i'll just admire from far away... oh wait, no, it's cuz my eyes can no longer accomodate to the step 1 books in front of me...

i probably won't ask the dean, but every now and then i spy a HOT doc (for the past year and a half) at the cafe in the hospital and i just soo wanna hit on him. i'm a lowly m2 and his long coat is intimidating! do docs even mind getting hit on at work?
is it "frowned upon" to hit on him or at least buy him a cup of coffee? i wanna bite him.

Is he a resident, fellow, or attending?

Don't do it! You're a second year now, but next year you'll be in the hospital...working with this guy's friends and colleagues...working with this particular guy, even.

If you hit on him, and it doesn't go well (he's already married, already dating someone, not into girls, etc.) that just sets you up for further embarrassment when you're forced to see him everyday.

If you hit on him, and it goes well, and you start dating, then it sets up a weird power dynamic - he'll have to tell you what to do, correct your (many) mistakes, etc. Just don't do it.

It may sound "great" that you get to work with a guy that you're attracted to, but I can tell you (from personal experience) that it's not such a great thing in real life.

Biting doctors is generally "frowned upon" as well. ;)

It may sound "great" that you get to work with a guy that you're attracted to, but I can tell you (from personal experience) that it's not such a great thing in real life.

Agreed. Dating in the workplace can be VERY risky.

I agree. If only for the fact that more than a week of vacation would've been really nice. :D

So you're probably going to hate me when I tell you I was just home for a week over Christmas. :)

I was too, but I didn't do much; all I did was sleep and go to the beach twice. My brother's took my parents cars. I wasn't even able to go to L&L.

What? :eek:

(1) It rained ALL SEVEN DAYS that I was home. Windy as well!

(2) Me neither. But I went to the Grace's on Piikoi, and Sanoya (on King).

At a no name hospital where I worked prior to medical school, there was a big controversy where a department chief was caught having a relationship with his medical student.

Remember, this isn't some some intern being released for dating a med student, this was a middle aged, respected doctor who had quite a bit of power in the hospital. And this wasn't a "There were doing it in a linen closet and got caught by a patietn's family" controversy. They got caught because people wondered how a fourth year student was getting so many expensive things and some people started asking questions and she let it slip to the wrong person.

He ended up leaving the hospital (one of those "resign or you're fired" deals) and the rumor was she got some scarlet letter in her med school file.

Fraternization between students and attendings/residents seems glamorous and fun on TV, but it's serious business

being single in med school sucks i'm finding...but not because of the fact that you're single but because of the fact that (personally due to some of my hangups) even if i am attracted to and find some chemistry with some of my classmates, i get creeped out even dancing with them or flirting or showing any sort of attention that may eventually lead to a relationship or anything b/c in such small classes/family like atmospheres as med school, i feel like someone is always watching and ready to pounce to spread the next juicy gossip. that, in itself, can be intimidating. man, i miss the college days where you could do whatever you wanted and there were too many people to keep track of or too many people dating others that no one really cared.

being single in med school sucks i'm finding...but not because of the fact that you're single but because of the fact that (personally due to some of my hangups) even if i am attracted to and find some chemistry with some of my classmates, i get creeped out even dancing with them or flirting or showing any sort of attention that may eventually lead to a relationship or anything b/c in such small classes/family like atmospheres as med school, i feel like someone is always watching and ready to pounce to spread the next juicy gossip. that, in itself, can be intimidating. man, i miss the college days where you could do whatever you wanted and there were too many people to keep track of or too many people dating others that no one really cared.

It's like high school, however, high school wasn't nearly as bad for me (since I was too busy with band to worry about it). And you don't even need to show a single person that much attention. The guy I'm supposedly dating isn't even at my school any more; he graduated and lives in a different state. Funny how talking to someone once every few weeks = dating.

Too bad most of Paris Hilton's inheritance seems to be heading to charity. That and she is ugly...

I'll say....and have you seen her whole body in a photo....her knees are WAY too sharp. I DEFINITELY would not hit that!

...her knees are WAY too sharp.

I've yet to hear of someone who has "Knee Sharpness" as one of their criteria. That's incredible. You must have some other doozies...do you look at her carrying angle to make sure it's the correct number of degrees?

Personally, if I find someone, who doesn't have perfect ROM in every joint, I just have to let them go. I mean, seriously, what can you do without that 10 odd degrees of knee hyperflexion?

It's like high school, however, high school wasn't nearly as bad for me (since I was too busy with band to worry about it). And you don't even need to show a single person that much attention. The guy I'm supposedly dating isn't even at my school any more; he graduated and lives in a different state. Funny how talking to someone once every few weeks = dating.

That happens. I supposedly had asked out a girl that I don't find the least attractive and who is rather annoying, too. The worst part was that this rumor has been started by that chick!

I've yet to hear of someone who has "Knee Sharpness" as one of their criteria. That's incredible. You must have some other doozies...do you look at her carrying angle to make sure it's the correct number of degrees?

Personally, if I find someone, who doesn't have perfect ROM in every joint, I just have to let them go. I mean, seriously, what can you do without that 10 odd degrees of knee hyperflexion?
you don't get out much on the Internet, do you?

sharp knees and sharp elbows are the infamous nerd standards :laugh: I think it started over on Fark. I didn't make any of the following images.

8giv0g4.jpg

72asso2.jpg

8dz7rwl.jpg

Agreed. Dating in the workplace can be VERY risky.

So you're probably going to hate me when I tell you I was just home for a week over Christmas. :)

Haven't you given me crap before about how easy my residency is? I only had 2 days off over Christmas. :(

That happens. I supposedly had asked out a girl that I don't find the least attractive and who is rather annoying, too. The worst part was that this rumor has been started by that chick!

And it only gets worse in residency.

I've been linked to a handful of various coresidents/hospital employees. It's all laughable.

I had a high school girl (when I was in college) start a rumor that she had had sex with me. I didn't know until my friends' little sister asked me about it. I did find that girl attractive but she was annoying.

Ok, so I DID make out with her but that was it, I swear.

Frankly, I thought the whole situation was awesome.

. . of course she was very tall and skinny and had these sharp knees . . .

As far as the nerd standards, I was/am a nerd and was always rather picky about girls. I was told MANY times that I was too picky (mostly by girls, guys just seemed to agree with me about whom was hot). Regardless, I managed to date plenty of attractive women. I just never felt the need to be dating someone and was happy to be single until a girl came along that I was really interested in. I was also happy to break up with them as soon as I realized that they just weren't doing it for me.

I've been linked to a handful of various coresidents/hospital employees. It's all laughable.

. . . some of them men! :eek:

Haven't you given me crap before about how easy my residency is? I only had 2 days off over Christmas. :(

Dude, I'm in the lab now, remember?

Last two years I was on-call on Christmas day.

Ah yes, my girlfriend has been linked to a variety of classmates and residents. All this, despite that we both link to each other on our Facebook profiles. We are both routinely asked by mutual friends if we're still dating. I can never figure out why...

Wow. That's probably the saddest thing I've read today. Tough luck. Oh well, maybe an MI will get her?

Yeah, I would have said that the guy who did that to me was a sweet, wonderful, gentle, loving man. We stayed up all night playing guitar with his arms around me, writing music together, watching movies, and kissing. I couldn't understand why he broke up with me - until I saw him at a party with his hand up her skirt between her thunder thighs :(

I'm a beautiful girl and a very nice, sweet honest person. Why is it that I keep dating all these jerks who dump me for ugly, skanky and cranky women? Apparently I'm not a very good judge of character...