Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University MSOT FA2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YelandeM

Reaction score
Hello ! Is anyone here planning to apply to Howard for the fall of 2020?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi ! Nice to meet you ! I’m still gathering a few things before I officially submit my application through OTCAS. How is your process going?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not, hopefully we hear something soon.

I'm applying for Fall 2020 as well. I emailed OTadmissions a few times in the past month about the supplemental application and just got a call back about it yesterday, even though I already submitted my entire application. I was able to make sure they received my supplemental application successfully since I was having issues with some of the automatic answers that I couldn't change. They said they did, so I recommend emailing to follow-up if you were nervous about that. I also asked when applicants should expect to start hearing back from Howard in regards to acceptances/rejections/interviews, and she said around 2 weeks. So we may just have to be in the dark for the next couple weeks :/

But good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email this morning for a Skype interview happening on Wednesday!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I finished my interview, it went great despite the Skype connection troubles we were facing in the beginning but my interviewer was very accommodating and worked with me on it. The basic OT interview questions were asked, then some scenario based questions then some interpretation questions. I didn't ask about the time line on when I should hear back, I forgot in the moment, but I am sure everyone will do fine and wish you all the best of luck with the next steps in the interview process!

Thank you for the update ! I hope you hear good news back soon

Just another update. I heard back yesterday and was asked to do a Skype interview next week. Hoping for good news for others as well!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an invitation for a skype interview last Monday and did it later that week.
Hope to hear good news back. It's my dream school.

Just another update. I heard back yesterday and was asked to do a Skype interview next week. Hoping for good news for others as well!
I have one as well!! Good luck to you.

How was your interview?
It was good, just the typical interview questions, why howard, why ot etc. and some scenario questions, as well as phrases you have to interpret the meaning for.
Overall it was a nice and calm experience.

Last edited:
It was good, just the typically interview questions, why howard, why ot etc. and some scenario questions, as well as phrases you have to interpret the meaning for.
Overall it was a nice and calm experience.
Do you know how long after the interview before you get a lm official response about acceptance into the program ?

Do you know how long after the interview before you get a lm official response about acceptance into the program ?
I interviewed last Wednesday and they said I should hear back this week so its a really quick turnaround if I do hear back, but I will keep this feed updated!

I interviewed last Wednesday and they said I should hear back this week so its a really quick turnaround if I do hear back, but I will keep this feed updated!
That is quick. I hope we all hear good news!

The person I interviewed with said within a week or 2.

I just had my interview this morning. The woman who interviewed was very nice and answered all my questions in regards to how class schedules would look like, if GAs/scholarships/grants were offered, and how soon we can expect to hear back from the program. She said we should hear back within 2 weeks.

Good luck everyone!

I just had my interview this morning. The woman who interviewed was very nice and answered all my questions in regards to how class schedules would look like, if GAs/scholarships/grants were offered, and how soon we can expect to hear back from the program. She said we should hear back within 2 weeks.

Good luck everyone!

Hello and Congrats! I hope you hear good news.

I also applied to Howard. How did she say classes are scheduled? Are they flexible or M-F/MWF?

Good luck everyone!
What did she mention about grants and scholarships? That was my question as well but I forgot to ask during the interview lol

Hello and Congrats! I hope you hear good news.

I also applied to Howard. How did she say classes are scheduled? Are they flexible or M-F/MWF?
Thank you!

She said it would depend on the semester. The classes are usually blocked for longer times. Also she said there's usually one day a week where 1-years and 2nd-years would be in class longer than usual, like 1 class from 8/9-12 and then 1-4/5. Also when fieldwork 1 starts, we're usually on-site on Wednesdays, not on campus at all.

Hope this helps! I didn't get much else.

What did she mention about grants and scholarships? That was my question as well but I forgot to ask during the interview lol
She said that there are some scholarships available, but didn't go into detail about the name or where to find it on the website. I also asked about GA positions and she said that the OT department didn't have any at this time.

Hope we all get good news soon.

I finished my interview, it went great despite the Skype connection troubles we were facing in the beginning but my interviewer was very accommodating and worked with me on it. The basic OT interview questions were asked, then some scenario based questions then some interpretation questions. I didn't ask about the time line on when I should hear back, I forgot in the moment, but I am sure everyone will do fine and wish you all the best of luck with the next steps in the interview process!
Have you heard back from them yet

Have you heard back from them yet
I have not, hopefully I will hear back this week. Im hoping that even if their institution closes we will still hear something back in a timely manner.

Good morning everyone,
I also applied for Howard's MSOT program for the fall of 2020. I was offered an interview that took place on March 5th and was told that I would hear back in two weeks. I have yet to hear anything back and I am starting to panic a little. Has any one tried reaching out to ask for
any updates or if the COVID -19 situation will be effecting their admissions schedule?

I wish everyone luck and pray that you all are staying safe in the midst of this pandemic. I will keep everyone updated if I hear anything!

Good morning everyone,
I also applied for Howard's MSOT program for the fall of 2020. I was offered an interview that took place on March 5th and was told that I would hear back in two weeks. I have yet to hear anything back and I am starting to panic a little. Has any one tried reaching out to ask for
any updates or if the COVID -19 situation will be effecting their admissions schedule?

I wish everyone luck and pray that you all are staying safe in the midst of this pandemic. I will keep everyone updated if I hear anything!
I have not reached out to ask, but I assumed that is the hold being that they did close the school due to COVID

I just reached out and asked for an update this morning so I will let everyone know if I hear anything back

Hey guys, I interviewed on March 4th and she told me I should hear back by the end of this month/ after spring break so I’m thinking some time soon!

Nothing at all, so I called a while ago and they said that all notifications of acceptance have been pushed back due to corona virus since the office of the registrar is closed. They told to reach out and ask if students have already been notified or to see when the new notification dates will be. They gave me contact info for the chair of OT Dr. Banks.

Dr. Felicia Banks

[email protected]
202-806-7617

I sent her an email basically asking if decisions had been rendered and if not when would could we be expecting to hear back. Hopefully she responds! I’m getting anxious. Lol.

Nothing at all, so I called a while ago and they said that all notifications of acceptance have been pushed back due to corona virus since the office of the registrar is closed. They told to reach out and ask if students have already been notified or to see when the new notification dates will be. They gave me contact info for the chair of OT Dr. Banks.

Dr. Felicia Banks

[email protected]
202-806-7617

I sent her an email basically asking if decisions had been rendered and if not when would could we be expecting to hear back. Hopefully she responds! I’m getting anxious. Lol.
I've emailed before regarding other issues in the past and never received a reply, hopefully this time there is one.

Hey guys I’m a current level one in the program. I’m happy to answer any questions that you guys may have.

Oh great! Thank you! I think most of us are curious to know if admission decisions have been delayed. Each of us participated in an interview during the first week of March and were told we would hear back in a week are so or by the end of the month and haven’t received anything. Thank you again for reaching out. I greatly appreciate it!

Ok yea, everything is delayed at the moment. They also were holding in-house interviews for the OTD bridge program. We did get our acceptance but are still awaiting other things that we should have. They are also still trying to figure out the kinks regarding this online transition. I came to check because I thought you guys would’ve had your acceptance letters honestly. But hopefully you guys will hear within the next week or 2.

Reactions: 3 users