Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University MSOT FA2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to you!! I will let you know when we hear back. Hopefully it is soon! Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! And ok I’m praying for you all.

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing at all, so I called a while ago and they said that all notifications of acceptance have been pushed back due to corona virus since the office of the registrar is closed. They told to reach out and ask if students have already been notified or to see when the new notification dates will be. They gave me contact info for the chair of OT Dr. Banks.

Dr. Felicia Banks

[email protected]
202-806-7617

I sent her an email basically asking if decisions had been rendered and if not when would could we be expecting to hear back. Hopefully she responds! I’m getting anxious. Lol.
Hey, did you ever hear back from the last email you sent ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder when they will start sending out updates. I hope soon, the wait is killing me.

Likewise !! Do any of you know how many people they interview versus how many are accepted?

They accept about 30 students +/- 1-2. Idk how many are usually interviewed tho.

I just received my acceptance today!! They sent the letter via email. Hoping for good luck and acceptances for everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my Gosh!!! I received my acceptance letter too via email. Praise the Lord!! I'm so excited, cannot wait to start this journey.
Looking forward to hearing the good news from others!

Reactions: 1 users
I received my acceptance this morning !! It was sent yesterday, but I’m just seeing it in my email today. Congrats to everyone who has received theirs so far and I’m praying for good news for the rest of the group !

I did as well! Literally staring at the letter in disbelief! I am so excited for us!!! Our prayers and staying hopeful worked.
We will have to start a Facebook group as we hear more good news! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did as well! Literally staring at the letter in disbelief! I am so excited for us!!! Our prayers and staying hopeful worked.
We will have to start a Facebook group as we hear more good news! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Same, I was staring at the first two sentences over and over again. They sent it at 5:50am.It was 6am when I happened to check my email so sleepiness also played a part

Hi All!! Glad to hear everyone's good news!! I received my acceptance as well. We should totally start a FB group, and if anyone is possibly looking for a roommate let me know. I'm so excited for everyone!!

Hi All!! Glad to hear everyone's good news!! I received my acceptance as well. We should totally start a FB group, and if anyone is possibly looking for a roommate let me know. I'm so excited for everyone!!
Yes! I’m definitely looking into a housing situation now.

I can start the Facebook group! Everyone send your profile names.

Did anyone receive information with their Howard ID number yet?

I sure did! Private message me your Facebook profile name and I will add you to it!!! Or you can search Howard MSOT C/O 2022!

Hey guys I’m a current level one in the program. I’m happy to answer any questions that you guys may have.
Hey, I wanted to ask you a few minutes questions pertaining to the program. How is your first year within the program and is it possible to at all work while in the program ?

Hello, everyone! I am so happy to have found this forum. I was invited for an interview, it is scheduled for the 20th of this month. I'm aware that you may not be able to share specifics about the interview questions, but do you guys have any advice or tips for me? I am so nervous, but extremely grateful to have the opportunity of an interview. Thanks in advance :)

Hello, everyone! I am so happy to have found this forum. I was invited for an interview, it is scheduled for the 20th of this month. I'm aware that you may not be able to share specifics about the interview questions, but do you guys have any advice or tips for me? I am so nervous, but extremely grateful to have the opportunity of an interview. Thanks in advance :)
Hi !! Congrats on your interview. Be sure to know the purpose of the program, Why you want to be an OT and why you’re a great candidate, have questions pertaining to the program. They also asked scenario questions and different questions Ike what does this certain saying mean to you. Remain positive throughout the interview and good luck

My interview was pretty identical to what was mentioned! Know the mission of Howard. The interview felt like a conversation. So once you get your nerves out you will be absolutely fine! Be prepared to talk about any leadership roles/work experience that you have relating to OT! Good luck to you! I’m sure you will be great.

Hello!
Congrats on the interview, Erin and Yelande pretty much took the words right out of my mouth lol. (Have a pretty clear idea of what OT ,in general, means to you too). Just take those tips they mentioned above and you should do fine :giggle:.

Of course! Keep us updated! You got this

Hello everyone, I was accepted into Howard's OT program last week. For those who were accepted, did you all receive your Howard student ID number or are you all waiting for OT admissions to send it to you all?

Congrats!! A lot of us that have been accepted are still waiting on our ID numbers!

Thank you for answering my question. Hopefully we will all get them soon.

Hello everyone, I was accepted into Howard's OT program last week. For those who were accepted, did you all receive your Howard student ID number or are you all waiting for OT admissions to send it to you all?
We’re still waiting. I emailed admissions about it and they said they should have them ready by this week.

Hi again! I received my admissions decision this morning and I've officially been accepted. Can't wait meet you all this fall semester :)
I will search for the Facebook page in a couple minutes. We can connect then!

Hi again! I received my admissions decision this morning and I've officially been accepted. Can't wait meet you all this fall semester :)
Congratulations!

Congratulations to you! Happy to hear that

hi! does anybody know if fall is online or not? I may be coming from the Bay Area so it's going to take me a little longer to make the move lol

Hi all I plan on applying for 2020-2021 cycle and just wanted to ask if you guys could drop your stats? I want to get an estimate to see if I would be able to get in. Please thank you!

hi! does anybody know if fall is online or not? I may be coming from the Bay Area so it's going to take me a little longer to make the move lol
Hi!!
No one has let us know as of yet if everything will be online. As of now it seems to be a regular schedule lined up for Fall. Pretty sure if anything changes they will update us immediately.

Hi Guys! I just finished my first year of OT school here at HU. If you have any questions about anything please feel free to message me so we can get in touch! I would love to share my experience and jump-start making connections with everyone!