You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard University MSOT FA2020
Started by YelandeM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, did you ever hear back from the last email you sent ?Nothing at all, so I called a while ago and they said that all notifications of acceptance have been pushed back due to corona virus since the office of the registrar is closed. They told to reach out and ask if students have already been notified or to see when the new notification dates will be. They gave me contact info for the chair of OT Dr. Banks.
Dr. Felicia Banks
[email protected]
202-806-7617
I sent her an email basically asking if decisions had been rendered and if not when would could we be expecting to hear back. Hopefully she responds! I’m getting anxious. Lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ErinYvette
Full Member
Hey, did you ever hear back from the last email you sent ?
Nothing yet!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ErinYvette
Full Member
I wonder when they will start sending out updates. I hope soon, the wait is killing me.
Same!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.They accept about 30 students +/- 1-2. Idk how many are usually interviewed tho.
ErinYvette
Full Member
I just received my acceptance today!! They sent the letter via email. Hoping for good luck and acceptances for everyone!
Ah!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!!I just received my acceptance today!! They sent the letter via email. Hoping for good luck and acceptances for everyone!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ErinYvette
Full Member
I did as well! Literally staring at the letter in disbelief! I am so excited for us!!! Our prayers and staying hopeful worked.
We will have to start a Facebook group as we hear more good news! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will have to start a Facebook group as we hear more good news! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same, I was staring at the first two sentences over and over again. They sent it at 5:50am.It was 6am when I happened to check my email so sleepiness also played a partI did as well! Literally staring at the letter in disbelief! I am so excited for us!!! Our prayers and staying hopeful worked.
We will have to start a Facebook group as we hear more good news! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! I’m definitely looking into a housing situation now.Hi All!! Glad to hear everyone's good news!! I received my acceptance as well. We should totally start a FB group, and if anyone is possibly looking for a roommate let me know. I'm so excited for everyone!!
ErinYvette
Full Member
I can start the Facebook group! Everyone send your profile names.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ErinYvette
Full Member
Nothing about an ID number just yet!
Hey did you start the group ?I can start the Facebook group! Everyone send your profile names.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ErinYvette
Full Member
I sure did! Private message me your Facebook profile name and I will add you to it!!! Or you can search Howard MSOT C/O 2022!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, I wanted to ask you a few minutes questions pertaining to the program. How is your first year within the program and is it possible to at all work while in the program ?Hey guys I’m a current level one in the program. I’m happy to answer any questions that you guys may have.
ErinYvette
Full Member
Of course!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanFranCap2
New Member
Hello, everyone! I am so happy to have found this forum. I was invited for an interview, it is scheduled for the 20th of this month. I'm aware that you may not be able to share specifics about the interview questions, but do you guys have any advice or tips for me? I am so nervous, but extremely grateful to have the opportunity of an interview. Thanks in advance 🙂
Hi !! Congrats on your interview. Be sure to know the purpose of the program, Why you want to be an OT and why you’re a great candidate, have questions pertaining to the program. They also asked scenario questions and different questions Ike what does this certain saying mean to you. Remain positive throughout the interview and good luckHello, everyone! I am so happy to have found this forum. I was invited for an interview, it is scheduled for the 20th of this month. I'm aware that you may not be able to share specifics about the interview questions, but do you guys have any advice or tips for me? I am so nervous, but extremely grateful to have the opportunity of an interview. Thanks in advance 🙂
ErinYvette
Full Member
My interview was pretty identical to what was mentioned! Know the mission of Howard. The interview felt like a conversation. So once you get your nerves out you will be absolutely fine! Be prepared to talk about any leadership roles/work experience that you have relating to OT! Good luck to you! I’m sure you will be great.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!Hello, everyone! I am so happy to have found this forum. I was invited for an interview, it is scheduled for the 20th of this month. I'm aware that you may not be able to share specifics about the interview questions, but do you guys have any advice or tips for me? I am so nervous, but extremely grateful to have the opportunity of an interview. Thanks in advance 🙂
Congrats on the interview, Erin and Yelande pretty much took the words right out of my mouth lol. (Have a pretty clear idea of what OT ,in general, means to you too). Just take those tips they mentioned above and you should do fine 😊.
SanFranCap2
New Member
Thank you all for the replies! This is very helpful.
ErinYvette
Full Member
Of course! Keep us updated! You got this
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ErinYvette
Full Member
Congrats!! A lot of us that have been accepted are still waiting on our ID numbers!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’re still waiting. I emailed admissions about it and they said they should have them ready by this week.Hello everyone, I was accepted into Howard's OT program last week. For those who were accepted, did you all receive your Howard student ID number or are you all waiting for OT admissions to send it to you all?
SanFranCap2
New Member
Hi again! I received my admissions decision this morning and I've officially been accepted. Can't wait meet you all this fall semester 🙂
I will search for the Facebook page in a couple minutes. We can connect then!
I will search for the Facebook page in a couple minutes. We can connect then!
Congratulations!Hi again! I received my admissions decision this morning and I've officially been accepted. Can't wait meet you all this fall semester 🙂
I will search for the Facebook page in a couple minutes. We can connect then!
Congratulations to you! Happy to hear thatHi again! I received my admissions decision this morning and I've officially been accepted. Can't wait meet you all this fall semester 🙂
I will search for the Facebook page in a couple minutes. We can connect then!
Thefutureisot
Full Member
Hi all I plan on applying for 2020-2021 cycle and just wanted to ask if you guys could drop your stats? I want to get an estimate to see if I would be able to get in. Please thank you!
Hi!!hi! does anybody know if fall is online or not? I may be coming from the Bay Area so it's going to take me a little longer to make the move lol
No one has let us know as of yet if everything will be online. As of now it seems to be a regular schedule lined up for Fall. Pretty sure if anything changes they will update us immediately.
ErinYvette
Full Member
Hi Guys! I just finished my first year of OT school here at HU. If you have any questions about anything please feel free to message me so we can get in touch! I would love to share my experience and jump-start making connections with everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 176
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K