HPSP C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol it can’t take that long to notify the ~40 combined selected candidates for the 4 and 3 year HPSP
I guess we can assume he means if we don’t hear back Friday we likely were not selected since they’d call back selects first?
 
Last edited:
My recruiter informed me today that they were given 1/28 as the new release date, so I'm expecting to hear on Monday... or later...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it too late to apply for Army HPSP? My recruiter doesn't make it sound it's too late lol. I haven't started/submitted anything as of right now and the recruiter wants me to see him next week to start the application process. I am not sure if traveling to his office is worth it if I am too late to apply :/
 
Is it too late to apply for Army HPSP? My recruiter doesn't make it sound it's too late lol. I haven't started/submitted anything as of right now and the recruiter wants me to see him next week to start the application process. I am not sure if traveling to his office is worth it if I am too late to apply :/
I believe (don’t quote me on this) there was only one board for the army 4 year scholarship, and it already met. We are supposed to receive results hopefully within the next week. But it’s never too early to start working on the 3 year 🙂
 
I believe (don’t quote me on this) there was only one board for the army 4 year scholarship, and it already met. We are supposed to receive results hopefully within the next week. But it’s never too early to start working on the 3 year 🙂
Ah thank you. Since I was only interested in 4 years scholarship, I guess I will not travel to his office haha. Best of luck to you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Texted my recruiter asking if he had heard any news and he responded saying he would be calling me later. I hope thats a good sign!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For Air Force, if we don’t get accepted for the 4 year, we’re put on the waitlist and get priority for the 3 year scholarships next cycle right? I used to know this but forgot 🙁
 
For Air Force, if we don’t get accepted for the 4 year, we’re put on the waitlist and get priority for the 3 year scholarships next cycle right? I used to know this but forgot 🙁
Not so far as I'm aware. You have to go through the process again for applying (though I think you can skip MEPS, idk, talk to recruiter). Navy is big in rolling the 4 to 3-year scholarships, not AF.
 
Hey guys! Does anyone know if we can use our 4yr HPSP for UOP?

You can. It just requires a 4 year repayment even though the school is three years. I have heard conflicting statements on the repayment time however so you may want to consult your recruiter rather than this forum to double check.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Last edited:
You can. It just requires a 4 year repayment even though the school is three years. I have heard conflicting statements on the repayment time however so you may want to consult your recruiter rather than this forum to double check.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! Yes (duh) lol I’ve asked my recruiter, the other recruiters in the office, and each of them have contacted other people and no one seems to know. Just wanted to see if anyone in here was in the same situation!
 
For AF: it seems that we are waiting for the career field director to sign off on the scholarship decisions. It was supposed to be yesterday, but we are just waiting on that one person.

Can you ask if it will still be today, or if it will be delayed until later this week?
 
Thanks! Yes (duh) lol I’ve asked my recruiter, the other recruiters in the office, and each of them have contacted other people and no one seems to know. Just wanted to see if anyone in here was in the same situation!
If you go to UoP, you have the option of accepting or declining the $20k signing bonus. If you accept it, your payback is 4 years and if you decline it, payback is 3 years.
 
If you go to UoP, you have the option of accepting or declining the $20k signing bonus. If you accept it, your payback is 4 years and if you decline it, payback is 3 years.

Except that the AF does not offer any signing bonus. Only Army and Navy do. So if you got the AF, then it’s only 3 years active service payback it seems? Crazy, because it’s still equivalent to a 4-year tuition.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
If you go to UoP, you have the option of accepting or declining the $20k signing bonus. If you accept it, your payback is 4 years and if you decline it, payback is 3 years.
Thanks! I’ve heard this before but my recruiter/recruiting office can’t find this information officially posted somewhere as an official rule... (for Army HPSP)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Non-select #1. I was told this year the AF was going to give out 82 total scholarships, but made cuts and only selected 54 instead of the full 82. However, they selected enough alternates to fill the original 82 spots. In May it will be decided if the AF wants to honor the original 82 scholarships or keep the cuts. If they decide to honor the full 82, those 28 alternates will automatically get pushed up into select status. IF the AF honors the original 82, I will then be placed as alternate #1. So basically, bad news for me except for a tiny tiny silver lining. Congrats to those selected.
 
Thanks! I’ve heard this before but my recruiter/recruiting office can’t find this information officially posted somewhere as an official rule... (for Army HPSP)
Yea! I had to fill out a form my recruiter sent me saying that I would accept the 3 yr scholarship but decline the bonus. So, I imagine you may have to fill one out as well. It just has you check boxes and sign saying what exactly you are going to do (with signing bonus) and how long your repayment is.
 
Non-select #1. I was told this year the AF was going to give out 82 total scholarships, but made cuts and only selected 54 instead of the full 82. However, they selected enough alternates to fill the original 82 spots. In May it will be decided if the AF wants to honor the original 82 scholarships or keep the cuts. If they decide to honor the full 82, those 28 alternates will automatically get pushed up into select status. IF the AF honors the original 82, I will then be placed as alternate #1. So basically, bad news for me except for a tiny tiny silver lining. Congrats to those selected.
Sorry for the not great news, but congrats on being in the 1 slot. Are those 82 scholarships including 4 year and 3 year, to your knowledge, or just 4 year?