HPSP C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol it can’t take that long to notify the ~40 combined selected candidates for the 4 and 3 year HPSP
I guess we can assume he means if we don’t hear back Friday we likely were not selected since they’d call back selects first?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My recruiter informed me today that they were given 1/28 as the new release date, so I'm expecting to hear on Monday... or later...

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, I'd assume you'll hear back when you hear back. Even the recruiters are in the dark though it is kind of them to update y'all as much as they are. They've gotta have one massive headache.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8 users
Is it too late to apply for Army HPSP? My recruiter doesn't make it sound it's too late lol. I haven't started/submitted anything as of right now and the recruiter wants me to see him next week to start the application process. I am not sure if traveling to his office is worth it if I am too late to apply :/

Is it too late to apply for Army HPSP? My recruiter doesn't make it sound it's too late lol. I haven't started/submitted anything as of right now and the recruiter wants me to see him next week to start the application process. I am not sure if traveling to his office is worth it if I am too late to apply :/
I believe (don’t quote me on this) there was only one board for the army 4 year scholarship, and it already met. We are supposed to receive results hopefully within the next week. But it’s never too early to start working on the 3 year :)

Reactions: 1 users
I believe (don’t quote me on this) there was only one board for the army 4 year scholarship, and it already met. We are supposed to receive results hopefully within the next week. But it’s never too early to start working on the 3 year :)
Ah thank you. Since I was only interested in 4 years scholarship, I guess I will not travel to his office haha. Best of luck to you.

From my AF recruiter:

“Scholarships are finally set to come in. I should have updates Monday. I apologize for the anticipation and thank you for your commitment.”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
I just got the phone call on my initial select from my Army recruiter! :soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
Got the Army HPSP!!! They welcomed me to the fam!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
Just got selected for the Army HPSP!! Congrats to everybody! AF and Navy should hopefully be next week.

Reactions: 10 users
Recruiter just told me I was placed on the OML for now...how disappointing. Congrats to those selected.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't hear anything today from my Army recruiter Think he just hasn't seen results yet or is nothing a rejection?

Congrats! Does that mean you’re going to Minnesota?

I believe so, still want to look it all over once more, but with HPSP I believe I will be attending the University of Minnesota

Texted my recruiter asking if he had heard any news and he responded saying he would be calling me later. I hope thats a good sign!

My army recruiter says he hasn’t heard anything yet. Like cmon man, I know the results are out lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the Navy will end up having boards in February?

My Navy recruiter updated me that they are expecting the 1st board results to release by end of next week.

For Air Force, if we don’t get accepted for the 4 year, we’re put on the waitlist and get priority for the 3 year scholarships next cycle right? I used to know this but forgot :(

For Air Force, if we don’t get accepted for the 4 year, we’re put on the waitlist and get priority for the 3 year scholarships next cycle right? I used to know this but forgot :(
Not so far as I'm aware. You have to go through the process again for applying (though I think you can skip MEPS, idk, talk to recruiter). Navy is big in rolling the 4 to 3-year scholarships, not AF.

Hey guys! Does anyone know if we can use our 4yr HPSP for UOP?

Hey guys! Does anyone know if we can use our 4yr HPSP for UOP?

You can. It just requires a 4 year repayment even though the school is three years. I have heard conflicting statements on the repayment time however so you may want to consult your recruiter rather than this forum to double check.

Last edited:
You can. It just requires a 4 year repayment even though the school is three years. I have heard conflicting statements on the repayment time however so you may want to consult your recruiter rather than this forum to double check.

Thanks! Yes (duh) lol I’ve asked my recruiter, the other recruiters in the office, and each of them have contacted other people and no one seems to know. Just wanted to see if anyone in here was in the same situation!

For AF: it seems that we are waiting for the career field director to sign off on the scholarship decisions. It was supposed to be yesterday, but we are just waiting on that one person.

For AF: it seems that we are waiting for the career field director to sign off on the scholarship decisions. It was supposed to be yesterday, but we are just waiting on that one person.

Can you ask if it will still be today, or if it will be delayed until later this week?

Can you ask if it will still be today, or if it will be delayed until later this week?
At this point we’re all in the dark it seems, my recruiter said yesterday we’d get results, I’ve seen others say they were told today. No one knows because we’re waiting on just one person to make the call :(

At this point we’re all in the dark it seems, my recruiter said yesterday we’d get results, I’ve seen others say they were told today. No one knows because we’re waiting on just one person to make the call :(

Well hopefully they sign off soon!

Thanks! Yes (duh) lol I’ve asked my recruiter, the other recruiters in the office, and each of them have contacted other people and no one seems to know. Just wanted to see if anyone in here was in the same situation!
If you go to UoP, you have the option of accepting or declining the $20k signing bonus. If you accept it, your payback is 4 years and if you decline it, payback is 3 years.

If you go to UoP, you have the option of accepting or declining the $20k signing bonus. If you accept it, your payback is 4 years and if you decline it, payback is 3 years.

Except that the AF does not offer any signing bonus. Only Army and Navy do. So if you got the AF, then it’s only 3 years active service payback it seems? Crazy, because it’s still equivalent to a 4-year tuition.

Thanks! I’ve heard this before but my recruiter/recruiting office can’t find this information officially posted somewhere as an official rule... (for Army HPSP)

Anyone know when we are supposed to hear back from the Navy?

My recruiter just called to tell me that I was awarded the 4yr AF HPSP scholarship!

Reactions: 10 users
Non-select #1. I was told this year the AF was going to give out 82 total scholarships, but made cuts and only selected 54 instead of the full 82. However, they selected enough alternates to fill the original 82 spots. In May it will be decided if the AF wants to honor the original 82 scholarships or keep the cuts. If they decide to honor the full 82, those 28 alternates will automatically get pushed up into select status. IF the AF honors the original 82, I will then be placed as alternate #1. So basically, bad news for me except for a tiny tiny silver lining. Congrats to those selected.

AF 3 year HPSP reciepient :) Congrats to the ppl selected.

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks! I’ve heard this before but my recruiter/recruiting office can’t find this information officially posted somewhere as an official rule... (for Army HPSP)
Yea! I had to fill out a form my recruiter sent me saying that I would accept the 3 yr scholarship but decline the bonus. So, I imagine you may have to fill one out as well. It just has you check boxes and sign saying what exactly you are going to do (with signing bonus) and how long your repayment is.

Non-select #1. I was told this year the AF was going to give out 82 total scholarships, but made cuts and only selected 54 instead of the full 82. However, they selected enough alternates to fill the original 82 spots. In May it will be decided if the AF wants to honor the original 82 scholarships or keep the cuts. If they decide to honor the full 82, those 28 alternates will automatically get pushed up into select status. IF the AF honors the original 82, I will then be placed as alternate #1. So basically, bad news for me except for a tiny tiny silver lining. Congrats to those selected.
Sorry for the not great news, but congrats on being in the 1 slot. Are those 82 scholarships including 4 year and 3 year, to your knowledge, or just 4 year?

Sorry for the not great news, but congrats on being in the 1 slot. Are those 82 scholarships including 4 year and 3 year, to your knowledge, or just 4 year?
4, 3, and 2
The majority of the above slots are 3-year in the AF

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk