I Got An Interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeneGoddess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm SO excited (obviously). I sent out my ERAS stuff on the 2nd (to most places) and I just got a "dear applicant" invite from Baylor! Totally cool!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Let's turn this into an interview post so we know who is sending out invites. I sent my application out on Sept 1st (sure sign of OCD). I received an invite from University of Michigan yesterday.

Sorry, I was too excited => CONGRATS!!!! on the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Were your applications complete or were LORs, etc. still missing?

Congrats to you both. Could you please PM me your step1 or speculated cutoff for UMich and Baylor?

fourthyearmed said:

The only thing I had uploaded at the time was CAF, USMLE transcript, Personal Statement, and Profile. I now have only 1 LOR added to that now. :cool: Now me go: :sleep:

fourthyearmed said:

I had my CAF, transcript, PS, Step 1, and either 1 or 2 letters (3 as of yesterday).

Congratulations. best of luck all the way.

:clap: Way to go!!

My question is...My ERAS is completed, but I have only identified 2 letter writers for certain and neither letter has been turned in yet. Do you think I can still submit my application? My personal statement, step one scores, etc. are complete. HELP!!!

:confused:

Did you receive your invite by email or mail? Did a copy go to your ERAS mailbox? I'm just curious because I've been worried about emails not arriving as I have had some problems with my email the last couple of days.

OK, first; hokiedoc2005, do not wait for LORs to submit your application. The programs will look at your application without them. Besides, I think LORs are kinda overrated.

As for how I was notified (as if I am an expert in this, I only have one interview invite); they notified me via e-mail, which was delivered to my junk e-mail box of my hotmail account (watch out for that one!), AND via the message service of ERAS.

Congrats to my favorire Gene Wrangler (tm)!!! :clap:

Love,

The Froggy from BMB. :D

I'll add to the list -- just got two interviews: UT Southwestern & Children's Hospital Medical Center of Akron (OH)
My app is incomplete -- I have my CAF, Transcript, PS, and Step 1

Both invites came via email, only one through the ERAS message system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody getting interviews willing to post their board scores?

fourthyearmed said:
Anybody getting interviews willing to post their board scores?

I got ANOTHER one today! Thomas Jefferson / DuPont Children's! YEAH!!!
I got a 219 on Step 1 in 1998 (which was about 65th percentile then, as if it really matters). Both invites were via email AND were also posted in the message section of ERAS.

And thanks, Evo! Good luck at your defense! Set a date yet?

GeneGoddess said:
I got ANOTHER one today! Thomas Jefferson / DuPont Children's! YEAH!!!
I got a 219 on Step 1 in 1998 (which was about 65th percentile then, as if it really matters). Both invites were via email AND were also posted in the message section of ERAS.

And thanks, Evo! Good luck at your defense! Set a date yet?
I'll know by Monday. :)

Congrats!!!!!! :hardy: When are you, me, and T going out to dinner to celebrate??? :D

WOW! Another one! University of Maryland in Baltimore!!!

GeneGoddess said:
WOW! Another one! University of Maryland in Baltimore!!!
You're such a stud-ette. :)

BTW, I've got one at UTSA on Monday, and one at EVMS on 6 October. :D

How're things?

EvoDevo said:
You're such a stud-ette. :)

BTW, I've got one at UTSA on Monday, and one at EVMS on 6 October. :D

How're things?

#4 - UT-Houston!

Things 'r very busy! Good luck with your interviews!

Wow, GeneGoddess, collecting the invites! I hope you have time for them all. I got my second; Duke! :eek:

kas23 said:
Wow, GeneGoddess, collecting the invites! I hope you have time for them all. I got my second; Duke! :eek:

COOL! I applied to Duke, too. I sure hope I hear from them...

My first interview invite! So excited! Driscoll Children's Hospital. My application went out on Monday mostly complete for some reason my med school tx hasn't made it there yet.

Mara

Great Job folks.

#3=SUNY at Buffalo, #4=The Cleveland Clinic

I got three today!!! Medical College of Georgia, Univ of FLa - Jacksonville, and at Greenville Hospital in SC. I was getting paranoid since you all were getting interviews!! Talk about excited!

Great Job! I have a feeling they are really going to start pouring in now. The later they wait, the less probability we are going to go to their interviews because we cannot be in two places at once (at least not yet). I guess we could cancel others, but we would REALLY have to like the place.

Thanks for the recommendation to send in my application incomplete kas23, I sent my application in today and got my first invite for an interview literally hours later from Children's Medical Center of Akron (OH)....only 15 left to go!!!!! :D

Congrats to all who have been getting invites! And in response to an email concerning board scores, etc....

I got a 217 on Step one and have plans to take Step II in November (in hopes of doing better!) :luck:

I added some programs last night - got an offer this am! U of MO, KC.

#4 Children's Mercy in KC, MO

I applied to a lot of programs, honestly I'm thinking maybe too many, but I've gotten interviews so far from

UVA
Georgetown
Wake Forest
Florida - Jacksonville
Florida - Gainesville
Baylor
UT Houston
UTMB
UT Dallas

Are yall scheduling them right away as you get them or waiting to see if you get others you would prefer or that are in the same area, etc? Any recommendations?

Thanks
A very confused 4th year :)

I'm just scheduling them as they come and I hope it all works out in the end!

fourthyearmed said:
I'm just scheduling them as they come and I hope it all works out in the end!

Me too -- I'd rather be assured of getting a date that I think is good than waiting and trying to get a "perfect" interview schedule.

Hey Cameron, those photos are awesome. That sink shot kicks a$$. And I don't care much for cats, but that one was cute.

kas23 said:
Hey Cameron, those photos are awesome. That sink shot kicks a$$. And I don't care much for cats, but that one was cute.

Thanks! I enjoy taking photos when I have time - it's one of the things that keeps me sane outside of medicine..

Back to the topic at hand though --- I also got an interview at Children's Mercy Hospital (U of MO in Kansas City). :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone, I was just wondering how many programs ya'll were applying to? Thanks. :)

Yeeeeash. I must be applying to the wrong places. My only interview offer thus far is from my home program, which interviews all in-house applicants.

Two programs (Stanford and UCLA) haven't even DOWNLOADED my application yet. Anybody else having this problem? It's been "Available-ready for download" for over two weeks now!

Anybody heard from Seattle, Denver or California programs yet?

buddyboy05 said:
Yeeeeash. I must be applying to the wrong places. My only interview offer thus far is from my home program, which interviews all in-house applicants.

Two programs (Stanford and UCLA) haven't even DOWNLOADED my application yet. Anybody else having this problem? It's been "Available-ready for download" for over two weeks now!

Anybody heard from Seattle, Denver or California programs yet?

Stanford downloaded mine early last week. UCSF and Denver and UCSD downloaded my stuff fairly quickly. But I haven't heard anything from any of the four of them (my only "west coast" programs).

Thanks for the response, GeneGoddess.

Out of curiousity, was your transcript available when Stanford downloaded your app last week? I have a theory that the lack of a transcript in my file is holding me up...

<sigh> Sure wish my school would get it together... :rolleyes:

buddyboy05 said:
Thanks for the response, GeneGoddess.

Out of curiousity, was your transcript available when Stanford downloaded your app last week? I have a theory that the lack of a transcript in my file is holding me up...

<sigh> Sure wish my school would get it together... :rolleyes:

My transcript was available about two days after I "ordered" it (late August). I guess my school uploads everything the second they get it. I have everything already uploaded except two letters of rec (one from the Pedi Chair, who is "working on it" and a "fourth" letter from my current attending). So if a transcript is holding up your interview, I'm totally screwed! :)

I applied to 25 programs - mainly in the east. All but 3 programs have downloaded my application, lor, ps, usmle transcript. I applied to one in california and haven't heard anything yet. My school won't send our med school transcripts till Nov 1st, along with the Dean's Letter. So I don't think it matters that much, I already have 4 interviews and my application wasn't "complete" until this past wednesday.

One school said they wouldn't offer interviews without my transcript so I had to contact my school and explain the situation to have them hurry up and post it because they were having computer difficulties. So it is possible that could be hurting you at some schools but not all.

How did you know that one school wouldn't offer interviews without your transcript?

They sent me an email saying so. FYI it was Baylor and I received an interview offer soon after my transcript was uploaded.

#5 University of Iowa

#5 University of Rochester. They give you a free night in a hotel, same with Cleveland Clinic. :thumbup: :hardy:

#2 Medical College of Georgia

PS..I have been having problems with my email....Is everyone receiving your invites via the message center or are there some places that send directly to your email account?? If so could you give me the names of those programs, I don't want to miss an invite :scared:

Duke was e-mailed directly to me, not via ERAS.