I Got An Interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Blessedone said:
Has anyone heard from UNC or LSU-New Orleans?

I'm waiting to hear from LSU too.

Members don't see this ad.

#7 EVMS

My home school, if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me....

#11 U of Pittsburgh

#12 MGH

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UCSF? Do they wait for the MSPE? Their website states they start interviewing in November.

shellfish said:
Has anyone heard from UCSF? Do they wait for the MSPE? Their website states they start interviewing in November.

I've heard that california schools wait typically longer to send out invites. I hope this is true since I'm waiting for one from Cali too. Good luck!

#11 Eastern VA - CHKD

#1 Univ Illinois, Peoria
#2 Christ/Hope Children's

Still waiting from 5 more. :D

Heard from St. Joseph's today by phone

#9 today- Wake Forest!

Can't wait to hit the double digits! This is exciting!

#11 Cincinatti Children's

Chesney said:
Heard from St. Joseph's today by phone

Dude - which St. Joe's?

#3 KCMS-MSU by mail :D

Members don't see this ad :)
hokiedoc2005 said:
#7 EVMS

My home school, if anyone has questions, feel free to PM me....

#8 MUSC............FINALLY!!

Got an invite from San Antonio today - that was my Texas hold-out :)

I got my UT SA one today too. That's 7/8...just waiting on baylor now.

Star

I seem to have hit a lull in the invites. It's been a while since the last one. And it's not necessarily the top schools that I haven't heard from, just a random group. Anyone else feel like this?

fourthyearmed said:
I seem to have hit a lull in the invites. It's been a while since the last one. And it's not necessarily the top schools that I haven't heard from, just a random group. Anyone else feel like this?

yeah - me too. Got 3 invites within a week and a half of the app being in and now nothing. boo.

me too. its a bit depressing. they've consistently rolled in every week since mid september and now nothing. hopefully we'll get another wave soon.

Yeah!! UofCali Irvine and SLU - Cardinal Glennon's

I feel the same way. I'm still waiting for 7 of 18 interviews.

I know what you mean... Waiting for the California programs is just killing me.

Why do they have to wait for the Dean's Letter? <sigh> It's not that interesting of a letter, anyway. :rolleyes:

I know USC, UCI and Loma Linda have sent out interview invites. Anyone hear about any other CA programs?

Oops! So the day after I posted I've had no new invites I got one to UAB.

Guess I spoke too soon. Yeah!!! #12 UAB

Got #11- UT-Memphis on Friday

Today, #12 South Alabama, and lucky #13 UAB!

Guess I spoke too soon too. #12 Miami Children's

Has anyone heard anything about their program?

#8 for me was St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philly) a week ago, and tonight is #9: Miami Children's! I've heard it's a really good program, though I don't have first-hand experience to go off of, only its reputation from current residents here at MUSC that interviewed at Miami Children's. Miami Children's was one of the top places on my list, so I'm pretty pumped about it. Part of that could be because I've been a Miami Dolphins fan since I was 5 (that explains part of my name on here), but also the program is pretty good.

Also, I know that many people on here have applied to Emory. A friend of mine is doing an away rotation at Emory right now, and she heard from a 4th year student there that Emory offers a few invites early on, but waits to send out most of their invites until after they see the Dean's Letters. So if you haven't heard from Emory yet, don't fret, you may hear from them after November 1.

mgobovic said:
My first interview invite! So excited! Driscoll Children's Hospital. My application went out on Monday mostly complete for some reason my med school tx hasn't made it there yet.

Mara
Some additions
Miami Children's
St. Louis Children's/Washington University
Cincinnati Children's
Rainbow Babies'

Miami Children's
Driscoll Children's

Now I have 4 in TX...UT Houston, Dallas, Austin. I am already going to those three...should I make an extra trip for Driscoll? How is their program???

Anyone know anything about the FL programs...I need to cut down on the ones I go to...I know I want to go to MCH for sure...but what about Gainsville, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando? Any help would be great!!

Thanks guys!! They're rollin in!

#13 St. Louis Children's/Wash U

I may decline this interview though, simply because I don't have the time in my schedule and don't have an extra $300 laying around for the plane ticket. I would love to go though, if only just to see the place. We'll see....

Just got WashU too...;) I live in STL, so I'll probably go. Should I send a decline interview email to the ones I don't want to go to?

I've added:

Phoenix Children's
UArizona Tucson
Miami Children's
UAB
UC Irvine

It's getting to a point where decisions need to be made, which is hard because I feel like I don't know very much about a lot of these places.

Chesney said:
I've added:

Phoenix Children's
UArizona Tucson
Miami Children's
UAB
UC Irvine

It's getting to a point where decisions need to be made, which is hard because I feel like I don't know very much about a lot of these places.

Yeah, this is what we get for applying to too many places. I suppose that if you can get to a location with little expense and the interview date doesn't conflict with a program you really love, then go and have fun! you can treat it as a practice interview and it is always nice to see new hospitals/cities so you can compare and contrast them. Also, you always learn new questions to ask or concerns to address from the residents.

Just wanted to tell you that I did a month elective in the ER at Phoenix Children's. It is a GREAT city...especially if you like the outdoors. Tons of stuff to do and great nightlife. Also, close enough to Cali and Las Vegas without the SKY HIGH living expenses...housing in Phoenix is INSANELY CHEAP!
The program is GREAT...met with the Program Director and Chief Resident, got a tour of the hospital...talked to a lto of residents...everyone seems to be pretty happy though the schedule is pretty tight...they work very hard when they are there...there is no call free month the first year...though you do have a month or two of short call. If you have any questions regardin the program/city, feel free to email me at [email protected]
Good Luck! I feel the same way though...WAY too many interviews...can't decide!!!!

Chesney said:
I've set up interviews so far for UNM, Baylor, UTHouston, UTDallas, UFGainesville, UFJacksonville, St. Louis Children's, Toulane, UVa, MCV, Wake Forest, Georgetown, and ofcourse MUSC.

What about you?

What do you know about the FL and TX programs?? And when are you interviewing at those? And when for STL? I'm from STL...any questions, email ..on my previous post

#13 Indiana Univeristy

Anybody have any "inside" info about the program? I was considering not interviewing because its so large but it looks like it has a lot to offer. Any input would be appreciated.

#4 - UCSF/Fresno
#5 - UC San Diego

#8 Brown
#9 UConn

after such an agonizing lull...

GeneGoddess said:
#8 Brown
#9 UConn

after such an agonizing lull...

alright, I'm stressing out that I've seen a few programs in the last few posts for programs i've applied to but have yet to hear from. Should I email/call them just to see if they've received my application? I've yet to receive rejections from these programs but I'd like to have some clue as to what's up with my application. any suggestions?

Anybody else waiting to hear from Emory and Vandy? I figure if I post something about it, maybe something will happen! It worked last time I complained about not getting invites for a few day!

Same question out there as a lot of people - I have not heard from the programs that I am most wanting to go to. Specifically UWash in Seattle - I saw it mentioned somewhere in this thread... anyone heard from them?

So far I have heard from CHOP, Cincinatti, and Baylor, and a couple that say they wait for Dean's Letters (Hopkins and Boston).

Im a Baylor student, and interviewees are already showing up on our wards being led around...
h :scared:

Just thought I would add my 2 cents:

Recieved interviews:
Pittsburg
Michigan
Rainbow
Ohio State
Baylor
CHOP
Columbia
U of Washington
Cincinnatti

Waiting on Deans Letters:
Children's Memorial
Children's National
Boston
Hopkins

No word:
Denver
Wash U

mailee88 said:
Just got WashU too...;) I live in STL, so I'll probably go. Should I send a decline interview email to the ones I don't want to go to?

yes! contact a program to tell them you will not be interviewing. it's only courteous, and it opens up the spot for someone else. (we have received strict instructions about this from our dean.)

Helios -

I received an invite from Univ. of Washington (Seattle) a few weeks ago. On their website, they said that if you wanted to be considered for an October or November interview, you should email them early and they would look at your app before the Dean's Letter came in. I emailed them, and they responded with an interview pretty quickly.

I don't think they give out late Nov/Dec/Jan interview invites until Dean's Letters come in, though.

So, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll probably hear from them after Nov. 1st. So far, they have only scheduled a few dates (up to Nov. 15th, I think).

Thanks BuddyB, that's good to know. I knew about UWa's early interviews but I also have been scheduled to do an elective there in December since forever, and we all know how expensive plane tix are...

I emailed them letting them know that I would be there for a sub-I, because if they are anything like Baylor there is no way that 2 separate departments would actually communicate with each other :)

I also havn't heard from UCSF and Denver, although with winter coming Denver is looking downright frigid to us southerners - it was 93 here today.
h