I Got An Interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hokiedoc2005 said:
#2 Medical College of Georgia

PS..I have been having problems with my email....Is everyone receiving your invites via the message center or are there some places that send directly to your email account?? If so could you give me the names of those programs, I don't want to miss an invite :scared:

Have you scheduled yet? I tried to contact the coordinator last week and have yet to hear back. Have you had this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

kas23 said:
Duke was e-mailed directly to me, not via ERAS.

duPont Children's did the same thing (direct email). Everyone else went through ERAS and there is a copy in my "messages" folder there.

GeneGoddess said:
duPont Children's did the same thing (direct email). Everyone else went through ERAS and there is a copy in my "messages" folder there.
How goes the fight??? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Noelle said:
Have you scheduled yet? I tried to contact the coordinator last week and have yet to hear back. Have you had this problem?

Just got the invite today, I am going to wait till the end of the week to let some accumulate before scheduling. (I just submitted Friday...)

I will let you know when I decide to schedule :luck:

Numero Six = Rainbow Babies, via the telephone. So don't ignore that "unavailable" number. :eek:

Numero Seven = Vandy, yee haw.

#6 Virginia Commonwealth University

#3 Medical College of Virginia

I also got an email about Ohio State University stating that they are sending information in the mail and will begin reviewing applications early October. Is anyone else having a similar experience with this. I thought that most places reviewed your app as soon as they received it? :confused:

#8 = University of Chicago.

#10 MCV
#11 Tulane
#12 New Mexico

hokiedoc2005 said:
#3 Medical College of Virginia

I also got an email about Ohio State University stating that they are sending information in the mail and will begin reviewing applications early October. Is anyone else having a similar experience with this. I thought that most places reviewed your app as soon as they received it? :confused:

I know that at least five of the programs I applied to state on their website that they begin sending out invites "after Nov 1" when the dean's letter goes out. I think that puts them at a disadvantage (if any PDs are listening), since I'm already scheduling some interviews. Early invites are easier to schedule than late ones (when plane tickets are more expensive and I'm scheduling around other interviews already set).

mgobovic said:
My first interview invite! So excited! Driscoll Children's Hospital. My application went out on Monday mostly complete for some reason my med school tx hasn't made it there yet.

Mara

# 2 Rainbow Babies; #3 Cincinatti Children's. They're starting to come in

Mara

Hooraay! Somebody (finally) loves me!

After watching you all collect the mountains of invites, it feels sooooo good to finally get an interview....

University of Washington!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
#7 Memorial Health - Savanah, GA

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I uploaded most of my stuff about 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't uploaded my personal statement or the "Chairman's Letter" of recommendation that some places need. Nevertheless, I've gotten interviews at 5 places:
Medical University of South Carolina (aka MUSC, my home school)
UVA
Virginia Commonwealth University
duPont Children's
University of South Florida (Tampa)

I've also gotten one of those "please send us your preferred dates" emails from St. Christopher's in Philadelphia, but haven't been offered an interview yet. FYI, for Noelle, I'll be at UVA on Dec. 1, and for hokiedoc2005, I'll be at VCU on Dec. 2, perhaps we'll run into each other.

I'll be at duPont Children's on the 7th of Dec. Maybe we'll run into each other!

#4 - Medical University of South Carolina
#5 - South Florida

#2 - University of Colorado (Denver Childrens)

#8 Maine Medical Center
#9 MUSC

Congrats to everyone on their interviews! I heard today from MUSC and St. Louis Children's Hospital.

Today must have been MUSC's invite day! Sounds like a lot of us got one!

anyone care to post their date at MUSC - might be cool to meet up there! I didnt get a chance to contact the program till late so I won't know for sure till tomorrow but I'll let you know. I'm getting so excited about interviewing! Or maybe it's just the traveling :laugh:

I'm a student at MUSC and just talked to the residency coordinator today to set my interview up for November 22. She said that she sent out 152 invites via email yesterday, and was knee-deep in responses to emails this morning. If anyone wants info on the program at MUSC or on Charleston as a place to live (it's awesome), just send me a private message through these boards. For those of you flying into Charleston, it tends to run on the expensive side, but we just got Independence Air here over the summer, so that has cut down on the fares somewhat, so if you're in the Northeast or around the DC area, try to fly them in and out of Charleston.

Genegoddess, I'll just miss you at duPont, I'm going there on the 10th of December. I guess I won't get to tell you in person how envious I am of your interview at Baylor. ;-)

I'm headed to MUSC on December 10th...

Chesney said:
I'm headed to MUSC on December 10th...

Hey Chesney, I'll be there that day too. Where else are you interviewing?

mgobovic said:
# 2 Rainbow Babies; #3 Cincinatti Children's. They're starting to come in

Mara

Hi Mara,

I've noticed that you received an invite from Cincinnati Children's. I have also applied there, but haven't heard anything, but that packet in the mail. Just wondering, how complete is your application? Thanks. :D

Noelle said:
Hey Chesney, I'll be there that day too. Where else are you interviewing?

I've set up interviews so far for UNM, Baylor, UTHouston, UTDallas, UFGainesville, UFJacksonville, St. Louis Children's, Toulane, UVa, MCV, Wake Forest, Georgetown, and ofcourse MUSC.

What about you?

Chesney said:
I've set up interviews so far for UNM, Baylor, UTHouston, UTDallas, UFGainesville, UFJacksonville, St. Louis Children's, Toulane, UVa, MCV, Wake Forest, Georgetown, and ofcourse MUSC.

What about you?

So far I have 9. One in jacksonville (dec 14), MCV (dec 20). I applied to wake too but haven't heard yet :(

#5 Greenville Health Systems, Greenville, SC

#6 CHOP
#7 Cincinnati

#15 UT Memphis

#9 = Cincinnati, 1st interview after 2 weeks of deadening silence.

kas23 said:
#9 = Cincinnati, 1st interview after 2 weeks of deadening silence.

HA! I was just thinking the same thing. I haven't gotten an interview in one whole week. This is ridiculous. When is going to be over???!!! :oops:

Noelle said:
HA! I was just thinking the same thing. I haven't gotten an interview in one whole week. This is ridiculous. When is going to be over???!!! :oops:

Has your transcript been sent out? I have heard from 3 places since my transcript was sent out yesterday; Cinci, and dc children's and Boston children's telling me they will send out invites in November.

Out of the 8 I applied for. Still waiting on UTSA and Baylor.

I sent in my app Sept 1, with all 3 LOR and everything done and filled out.

I got invites from
UTSW
UT Houston
Driscoll Children's (Corpus Christi)
Scott and White (Temple)
UTMB (Galveston)
Austin Seton Healthcare network

I have all but my UTMB interview scheduled.

Star

#7 - UT-Memphis

Anybody out there heard from UAB, Vandy, or Emory?

#6 and #7 today: Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children (Northern VA, in the DC area) and Wake Forest. I just uploaded my personal statement last night, and got those 2 interviews this morning, so hopefully more will come, I was in a "drought" for about a week and a half with no new interviews. Regarding Emory, I haven't heard from them yet, but a classmate already has an interview there. I also applied to Vandy but haven't heard from them, and didn't apply to UAB. Has anyone heard from Duke or Chapel Hill yet? Also any interviews from New York City programs?

fourthyearmed said:
#7 - UT-Memphis

Anybody out there heard from UAB, Vandy, or Emory?

Hey All!
I decided to emerge from Lurkdom to begin participating! Congrats to all with so many interviews already!

So far, I am interviewing at 7:
1. MUSC
2. Greenville Health Systems
3. Carolinas Med Center (Charlotte)
4. UVA
5. Univ. of Utah
6. Austin Med. Educ. Systems
7. Univ. of Louisville

Keep up the good work everybody!

kas23 said:
Has your transcript been sent out? I have heard from 3 places since my transcript was sent out yesterday; Cinci, and dc children's and Boston children's telling me they will send out invites in November.

No my transcript won't be uploaded till Nov 1st along with the Dean's Letter (not that I think that will help!). I did get interview #10 today - Orlando Florida.

- UWI

For those of you who have heard from UWA seattle and St Louis -
was all of your stuff in?

Anyone here from Wash U or U Indiana?
Indiana sent an email a couple of weeks ago saying they would offer interviews sometime in october.

Thanks for the help!

fourthyearmed-
I haven't yet heard from UAB, which is my home program... so maybe they haven't invited yet? Let me know if you have any questions!

WilliB,
My home school is MUSC, shoot me a PM if you want to know more about it. Let me know what date you're coming to interview, I'm interviewing on Nov. 22 (Monday before Turkey Day).

I also got my first rejection today from CHOP...kinda stings, but oh well, there are other programs out there for me.

#10 CHOP

Sorry about the bad news Arydolphin. :(

I decided to join the crowd too...I have #10 interviews and I can't decide which ones to go to...I haven't heard from the programs that I REALLY wanted to go to...Denver/UWash/Cali programs/Emory/Duke :(
Here's mine so far...ANY comments on any of these would be GREATLY appreciated...I need to narrow this list down before the REALLY good ones start coming in...
1) Austin (possibly setting up for Nov. 17th)
2) Utah
3) UofF Jacksonville
4) UofF Gainsville
5) MUSC
6) UT SW (possibly setting up for Nov. 15th)
7) UT Houston (set up for Nov. 12th)
8) Kansas City (set up for Nov. 8th)
9) Orlando
10) Uof South Florida

Thanks for any help!
Can email me directly at [email protected]

Hello All,

I have really been enjoying this forum. So far I have 10 interviews

Tulane
LSU Shreveport
Emory
Duke
UF-Jacksonville
UF-Gainesville
MUSC
MCG
GHS
Orlando

I spoke with the coordinator at UAB a while back and she said that they'll probably begin giving interviews the 1st or 2nd week in October.

Has anyone heard from UNC or LSU-New Orleans?

#8- Eastern Virginia