I received an interview invitation in february!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some schools send out offers through March and even into April; e.g. NYMC. I think Drexel and AECOM are known for interviewing late also.
Miami and USF are noted for sending late interviews as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a Drexel interview

CONGRATS Ihateverbal!!! I know you were waiting for this.. I'm happy for ya!
Dang though..I thought Drexel was close to being done already!

Thanks!

So happy to have gotten 3 interviews next month-- applying late, CA resident and with a "6" on Verbal Reasoning :( has not been a happy experience

On another note..those who are curious about Drexel...on the online interview scheduler...they have the entire month of April still available..it's the last month of interviews and there are like 15 dates open.

Thanks!

So happy to have gotten 3 interviews next month-- applying late, CA resident and with a "6" on Verbal Reasoning :( has not been a happy experience

On another note..those who are curious about Drexel...on the online interview scheduler...they have the entire month of April still available..it's the last month of interviews and there are like 15 dates open.

When were you complete at Drexel Ihateverbal?

Just got a Drexel interview

I just got one too. Didn't even think schools were still sending these out and I just assumed I had gotten rejected from anyone I hadn't heard from by this point. I was complete at Drexel in mid-October, so definitely confused by this invite.

I just got one too. Didn't even think schools were still sending these out and I just assumed I had gotten rejected from anyone I hadn't heard from by this point. I was complete at Drexel in mid-October, so definitely confused by this invite.

yeah it's too bizarre. this process never ceases to bewilder me...:confused:

Out of curiousity: anyone here received a Sinai or AECOM invite in February? Read back through the list and didn't see any. They issue invites through March and enough overachievers are on this forum that I think at least one ought to show up....

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete in middle of October/end of October

Wow, I just got an invite from Rush!

Took MCAT in August. Thought I had no chance.

Rush DOES exist!

(Note: within a few hours I might find out the email is indeed a phony.) :D

Wow, I just got an invite from Rush!

Took MCAT in August. Thought I had no chance.

Rush DOES exist!

(Note: within a few hours I might find out the email is indeed a phony.) :D

How did you receive the invite? Snail mail/e-mail/phone? Thanks in advance.

Rush invites come by e-mail, you register on infostatz

Dr. Dorian- Hey I got one too for Rush!! I've been waiting months to get some love from my in-state schools... what date are you trying to get?

yeah it's too bizarre. this process never ceases to bewilder me...:confused:

Of course we will never know the inner workings of ADCOMs. But, this year seems to be somewhat of an anomolie in the rise of applicantions.

I spoke with someone I know on the NYMC ADCOM and was told that they had not had a chance to read through a number of applications with competitve numbers ( e.g. 30+ MCAT 3.5+ GPA) that were submitted in October. Apparently NYMC has over 11,000 apps :eek: . I can therefore imagine a number of schools are backed up with more apps than they can handle. This is stated as such on VCU's site. They suggest people reapply next year because they may not get through all the apps:wow:

With this in mind, it makes sense that Drexel is inviting interviews now for people complete in October. I was complete there in early October and am going for an interview on Tuesday :D

Good luck everybody:thumbup: :thumbup:

Of course we will never know the inner workings of ADCOMs. But, this year seems to be somewhat of an anomolie in the rise of applicantions.

I spoke with someone I know on the NYMC ADCOM and was told that they had not had a chance to read through a number of applications with competitve numbers ( e.g. 30+ MCAT 3.5+ GPA) that were submitted in October. Apparently NYMC has over 11,000 apps :eek: . I can therefore imagine a number of schools are backed up with more apps than they can handle. This is stated as such on VCU's site. They suggest people reapply next year because they may not get through all the apps:wow:

With this in mind, it makes sense that Drexel is inviting interviews now for people complete in October. I was complete there in early October and am going for an interview on Tuesday :D

Does anyone else feel like they at least owe you a proper review when you've given them ~$100? You would think they would have realized that they were going to get a large increase in apps a long time ago and would have planned accordingly. Very frustrating!:mad:

Just got invite from UC Davis (by email).

Does anyone else feel like they at least owe you a proper review when you've given them ~$100? You would think they would have realized that they were going to get a large increase in apps a long time ago and would have planned accordingly. Very frustrating!:mad:

Seriously. This is such bs.

Yeah mine isn't working either. It's like the second or third time (weeks apart) I've had a problem with that site. :confused:

Yeah, still not working for me either. Who knows what they are doing over at Rush.

I just got another one (Upstate)! Although they did seem a lil reluctant to give it to me. Oh well, very glad to have it!
Gray clouds are gonna clear up....

I just got another one (Upstate)! Although they did seem a lil reluctant to give it to me. Oh well, very glad to have it!
That's much better than my recent removal from pre-interview hold.... a rejection! Good luck to you! :)

how did you receive it ? email?, status page? snail??

just curious to see...where does it say this on VCU's website?

Just got invite from UC Davis (by email).

Freaking awesome. Do you remember when you were complete? I had just about given up hope on all the UCs -- good to hear they are at least still inviting.

Dr. Dorian- Hey I got one too for Rush!! I've been waiting months to get some love from my in-state schools... what date are you trying to get?

I'm trying to get March 21, 19, or 26.

I can give you a ride if we get the same dates Robyn. :0)

I'm trying to get March 21, 19, or 26.

I can give you a ride if we get the same dates Robyn. :0)
wow i feel like i know you... it's almost like we sat next to each other in lunch every day in high school.... weirddd

Invited to interview at UCSD March 6th--after 4 months in the hold for interview pool. Just wanted to let others know that are still on hold there is still hope :)

Freaking awesome. Do you remember when you were complete? I had just about given up hope on all the UCs -- good to hear they are at least still inviting.

I believe I was complete in mid-december. good luck.

Hey guys,

I received an interview from U of Louisville SOM. The interview was their second to last interview day.

just got an interview at cornell for the last three days of interviews march 13-15

UCLA, for the 23rd of march (soonest they had available)

I got an interview invite from UCLA today! I finally get to post on this thread!!!

I just got an interview invite to UCLA!!! WOO HOO!!! Finally I can add to this thread..Thank the Lord Almighty:thumbup:

mikeinsd, jennyb, icecoldalpha06 congrats!

for ontario + McGill. All schools have finally gotten in touch. goodluck.

Hey guys - I just got an email invite for an interview at Temple. I'm probably going to turn it down because I wouldn't go there over my state school.

:luck: to everyone! :)

Cornell this morning, for 3/7 - 3/15

I got an interview from temple via email late last night. I thought they were done?

I got an interview from temple via email late last night. I thought they were done?

When were you complete?

I've been complete since Oct --> no love yet :(