If You Had to Do It Again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't mess up your GPA. Easy to mess up, extremely hard to pull it back up.

Reactions: 1 user
There are days when I wonder how life would be as a stay at home dad. I honestly think I would be really good at it lol
NOOOOOO!
My wife is a stay at home mom, and let me tell you, I do NOT envy her. When I get home from work, the REAL work begins.
At least when I'm at work I can go to the bathroom with the door closed and not have to worry about one of my kids getting injured or destroying something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor does have a plan for a new clinical facility that may be what they're building across the street. I believe that's what my interviewer told me.
Yeah I got accepted to all 3.
I chose Baylor because it was the cheapest. Houston is a solid school but I just felt like Baylor was a better fit for me.
Jeez, I wish I could've gotten at least 1!

Reactions: 1 users
shadow! even if its once every 2 weeks, then gradually your way up to two hours a week during your junior year. i would have applied to SMDEP earlier lol, didnt know about it. i would have volunteered at least up to 2-3 times a month from the very beginning, instead of cramming my hours when i got really busy. if you get a lot of that stuff down, you won't worry much in your junior year, which is when you take a lot of classes (at least for me). also, take your DAT before your junior year, once you finish gen chem, ochem & bio. the summer between your 2nd and 3rd years, just dedicate it to DAT studying for literally the 2.5-3 month period and get it over with once your semester starts. you tell yourself you'll have time during the semester, but you won't. you can focus on good grades and improving your GPA during your junior year before you apply, and have the DAT over with :) and if you need to retake the DAT, you can take it after winter break of that year as well

I live 40 minutes away from Baylor but I want to go to Houston because my parents are crazy and I dont want the possiility of having to live at home. Am I dumb for wanting to go to Houston?
Not dumb at all!
But if you can live at home and only take out loans for tuition and fees, it would be optimal.
I know you're situation is a little bit different, but you can reassess in a few months.

Wh
shadow! even if its once every 2 weeks, then gradually your way up to two hours a week during your junior year. i would have applied to SMDEP earlier lol, didnt know about it. i would have volunteered at least up to 2-3 times a month from the very beginning, instead of cramming my hours when i got really busy. if you get a lot of that stuff down, you won't worry much in your junior year,
What places do I volunteer at? Where did you?

Not dumb at all!
But if you can live at home and only take out loans for tuition and fees, it would be optimal.
I know you're situation is a little bit different, but you can reassess in a few months.
That would be optimal but getting away from home and living by myself or with a roommate will give me an opportunity to live like an adult and experience a sort of independence. If I don't ever live on my own, when will I?

I can't take orgo till my junior year. That's why I was concerned over whether I would have a grasp on organic before I take the dat spring of my junior year. I guess I could study all the sections as hard as I can and have my only weak spot be orgo?

put 1 and 1 together :laugh:
LOL basically.
I mean come on.
-22 year old
-dental student
-Likes pokemon and other video games
- Nice guy
-Tall, Dark, Handsome :rolleyes:

Sounds like a catch to me :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be optimal but getting away from home and living by myself or with a roommate will give me an opportunity to live like an adult and experience a sort of independence. If I don't ever live on my own, when will I?
After dental school ;)

LOL basically.
I mean come on.
-22 year old
-dental student
- Nice guy

Confirmed

OP,

You can volunteer wherever you want! However, don't bounce around. Like, don't do 2 hours here, 1 hour there, and stop going.
Pick one or two places that you truly want to be a part of and be consistent. For example, I personally enjoy volunteering at food pantries because there are a lot of roles you can fulfill.

Ideally, volunteering at dental clinics is awesome but not everyone has a clinic near them. You just need to find one that you truly love. At the end of the day, you are contributing to society by giving back. That is the most important thing. :)

LOL basically.
I mean come on.
-22 year old
-dental student
- Nice guy
-Free on short notice

missed one ;)

Bro I know a pharmacy student and couple other pre-health 22 year olds that still play pokemon...

The new Majora's Mask game got me through junior year. No shame. Still need to get Alpha Sapphire and relive my childhood. :D

ANYWAYS.

I wish I'd worked in space for a second major. I would have also started clinical volunteering a little sooner; I did much more non-clinical work my freshman year, and more of a balance would have led to less clutter in following years.

The new Majora's Mask game got me through junior year. No shame. Still need to get Alpha Sapphire and relive my childhood. :D

ANYWAYS.

I wish I'd worked in space for a second major. I would have also started clinical volunteering a little sooner; I did much more non-clinical work my freshman year, and more of a balance would have led to less clutter in following years.
:thumbup:

ANYWAYS.

:vomit: for second majors, not a fun experience for me. I did a thesis research project in my final year, and it just about killed me.

I let schooling get in the way of enjoying life to the fullest. You will get into dental school sooner or later, you won't get years of your life back.
I feel like this is not the case, as I know plenty of re-applicants. One can say that you can always party once you finish all your work or manage your time more wisely.

Wh

What places do I volunteer at? Where did you?
i'm sorry i barely get on here. but try and stick to one or two places, such as a hospital, daycare, charity place or something like that, and be stable with one area for a long time. then you can have bits of hours here and there with your organizations

Real talk, is anyone here planning on getting the new Pokemon Sun/Moon? I'm a bit hesitant to buy it because Pokémon designs have really gone downhill after Ruby/Sapphire. Also, getting rid of the whole Pokémon League makes me skeptical about how fun the game would be.

Last edited:
Played more Gameboy in general classes and majored in something non-science (e.g. Foreign language or business). Would have dated more seriously, would have been better at getting to know professors. But at the end of the day, I'm very pleased with my undergraduate experience.
Just live life how you want and be happy with that.
Me and my friend both had gameboy emulators on our phones and would play it in our biology class (mostly pokemon red/blue). Good times. I don't regret that.

Real talk, is anyone here planning on getting the new Pokemon Sun/Moon? I'm a bit hesitant to buy it because Pokémon designs have really gone downhill after Ruby/Sapphire. Also, getting rid of the whole Pokémon League makes me skeptical about how fun the game would be.
I'm still on the fence about it. Some of the Pokemon designs are pretty cool but ehh...

Using resources outside of the lecture/textbook (I.E. Khan Academy, etc) would have saved my ASS in undergrad. My school had a bunch of professors that were on the verge of retirement in my pre-recs (or were just taught by TAs/post-docs) and they weren't engaging at all - probably would be a practicing dentist by now had I done that.

But then again I would have missed out on a ton of things that really helped me develop as a person, including meeting my wife. So in summation:

OG2hHwW.jpg

I don't know man I stopped playing after silver and gold. The endless stream of new Pokémon just confuses me. Plus nowadays the Pokémon creation doesn't seem as creative. Like isn't there a Pokémon that's an ice cream cone, and one that's a chandelier?

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know man I stopped playing after silver and gold. The endless stream of new Pokémon just confuses me. Plus nowadays the Pokémon creation doesn't seem as creative. Like isn't there a Pokémon that's an ice cream cone, and one that's a chandelier?

I still remember playing crystal on the gameboy color and waking my sister up when I found Entei with that sweet music in the background. Also don't forget the pokemon that's a pair of keys. :D

I still remember playing crystal on the gameboy color and waking my sister up when I found Entei with that sweet music in the background. Also don't forget the pokemon that's a pair of keys. :D
LOL! Yeah I remember almost throwing my gameboy at the wall because I could never catch those because they would always just run away as soon as you found them.. After walking in the grass for 30 mins to encounter them haha... But yeah seriously, the creativity is totally gone with the new ones haha.