If you like tennis you'll like this....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevoflurane

Ride
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today the pro I hit with asked me if I had ever seen this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfE9b63J_4[/YOUTUBE]

Planetary disintegration... wow.

Roddick held the record for fastest serve (155mph) until Ivo Karlovic hit 156 mph recently.

He deserved more time at #1... bad timing as Federer had been the dominant force... I wonder how long Nadal will last?

Members don't see this ad.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfE9b63J_4[/YOUTUBE]

Roddick held the record for fastest serve (155mph) until Ivo Karlovic hit 156 mph recently.

He deserved more time at #1... bad timing as Federer had been the dominant force... I wonder how long Nadal will last?

Hey Sev,

I play and watch a lot of tennis. Yeah, I'd seen that shot. Insane. I'm not sure, frankly, if Roddick would have stayed at #1 with or without Fed and Nadal. I'm a fan of my american Roddick, but he's his own worst enemy sometimes. Gotta have the groundstrokes to back up that INSANE serve of his. That's the difference between him and Pete for example. Pete would bail himself out with the canon, like Roddick, but he would MURDER you during a rally. Roddick just cannot overpower the big boys, even Djokovic.

Nadal's knees have been issues. Healthy, he's unreal. But he's not and he's not getting younger. I don't think he'll be a Connors or Pete, I think he's best on clay and has proven that. A few more slams may be in his cards though...

D712

How ya been D712? Wacha up to?

Yeah... I agree with everything you said. I just watched too many matches where I wanted our american kid to win, especially against Federer. 2nd is so far away from 1st. Oh... Federer... that one handed back hand is just so beautiful... how is it that he can return such impossible shots and score winners off of them? To me, Federer is conservation of energy with accuracy... lethal combination. His mental game is icing on the cake.

Nadal? Braveheart... he goes for every single ball 200%. He consumes twice as much energy as Federer.... but he wins. As much of a Federer fan as I am, I love the fact that Nadal has hung on to #1. As you alluded, I think his style of playing will bring him injuries and his longevity will not be that of Sampras or Federer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zj0QtDFc8o

Just bad arse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOowHGkx1q8

conservation of energy + backhand = lethal... that angle was insane....

:boom:

Pete also had a beautiful backhand.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How ya been D712? Wacha up to?

Yeah... I agree with everything you said. I just watched too many matches where I wanted our american kid to win, especially against Federer. 2nd is so far away from 1st. Oh... Federer... that one handed back hand is just so beautiful... how is it that he can return such impossible shots and score winners off of them? To me, Federer is conservation of energy with accuracy... lethal combination. His mental game is icing on the cake.

Nadal? Braveheart... he goes for every single ball 200%. He consumes twice as much energy as Federer.... but he wins. As much of a Federer fan as I am, I love the fact that Nadal has hung on to #1. As you alluded, I think his style of playing will bring him injuries and his longevity will not be that of Sampras or Federer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zj0QtDFc8o
Just bad arse...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOowHGkx1q8
conservation of energy + backhand = lethal... that angle was insane....
:boom:
Pete also had a beautiful backhand.

Hey Sevo,

Everything has been quiet here, MCAT in about a month. Getting really good verbal scores (and that's not an easy thing) and am working hard on Phys and Bio sections. Other than that, keeping verrrrrry busy with research and even have a book chapter (ophthalmic anesthesia) coming out end of year that I co-authored (legitimately co-authored). Thrilled. Apply June 1 and will keep you posted!!!

Yeah, I hear you about Roddick, it's tough to watch him come close. I went to Key Biscayne last year and he lost to Federer I think, straight sets. His Wimbledon loss two years ago must have been brutal. He puts away a shot that he puts away 99/100 times and he takes the Championship.

I hit with a one hander, as many of our generation do. As far as I can tell, Gustavo Kuerten had/has the most gorgeous one-handed back hand in tennis to my memory. It was a thing of beauty. Happy to hear you comment on Federer's, I agree with you 100%. He is graceful - and deadly. What do you hit with? Stick wise? And where would you place your skill level on the ATP scale?

My birthday is always the same week as the French Open and I long for the red clay of rolland garros. I've put my name on the bidding system there, but never came up a winner. I'll go for the bday one year!

What an angle. thanks for those links!

I was bummed when Guga hurt his hip and had to leave the sport, but I saw him live and he was wonderful. I always rooted for the underdog, Jimmy Connors was my fave growing up. I hated Mac. Now I love hearing his voice on TV. I saw Borg and Mac play an exhibition in Cali about 10 years ago, that was great. I saw Connors play almost every year growing up, not a US Open I missed until I was 28. I was there on 9/10/01, the day before the attacks. I've seen some epic matches in person. Once saw Villas play Wilander (I think) on a court that was constructed on the sands of Copacabana Beach, Rio, Brazil. THATTTT was nice! Borg still probably has 2% body fat, the man is insane. I heard his resting HR is something like 45...

Now this 37 year old is the underdog when it comes to getting into med school - how fitting!!! How'd winter treat you out there? Get in some good boarding time? I've yet to make it out there.

D712

Crazy. Does that count as a point for Roddick, or is it a must replay?

I think once Federer and Nadal start to fade, Djokovic will be the dominant force. That guy is insane.

None of the above will ever be as good as Pistol Pete, though [hence my screename!]

I think once Federer and Nadal start to fade, Djokovic will be the dominant force. That guy is insane.

None of the above will ever be as good as Pistol Pete, though [hence my screename!]

Many argue that Roger trumps Pete overall.
Time will tell.

Hey Sevo,

Everything has been quiet here, MCAT in about a month. Getting really good verbal scores (and that's not an easy thing) and am working hard on Phys and Bio sections. Other than that, keeping verrrrrry busy with research and even have a book chapter (ophthalmic anesthesia) coming out end of year that I co-authored (legitimately co-authored). Thrilled. Apply June 1 and will keep you posted!!!

Yeah, I hear you about Roddick, it's tough to watch him come close. I went to Key Biscayne last year and he lost to Federer I think, straight sets. His Wimbledon loss two years ago must have been brutal. He puts away a shot that he puts away 99/100 times and he takes the Championship.

I hit with a one hander, as many of our generation do. As far as I can tell, Gustavo Kuerten had/has the most gorgeous one-handed back hand in tennis to my memory. It was a thing of beauty. Happy to hear you comment on Federer's, I agree with you 100%. He is graceful - and deadly. What do you hit with? Stick wise? And where would you place your skill level on the ATP scale?

My birthday is always the same week as the French Open and I long for the red clay of rolland garros. I've put my name on the bidding system there, but never came up a winner. I'll go for the bday one year!

What an angle. thanks for those links!

I was bummed when Guga hurt his hip and had to leave the sport, but I saw him live and he was wonderful. I always rooted for the underdog, Jimmy Connors was my fave growing up. I hated Mac. Now I love hearing his voice on TV. I saw Borg and Mac play an exhibition in Cali about 10 years ago, that was great. I saw Connors play almost every year growing up, not a US Open I missed until I was 28. I was there on 9/10/01, the day before the attacks. I've seen some epic matches in person. Once saw Villas play Wilander (I think) on a court that was constructed on the sands of Copacabana Beach, Rio, Brazil. THATTTT was nice! Borg still probably has 2% body fat, the man is insane. I heard his resting HR is something like 45...

Now this 37 year old is the underdog when it comes to getting into med school - how fitting!!! How'd winter treat you out there? Get in some good boarding time? I've yet to make it out there.

D712

Good luck on the MCAT. Thinking of those Sn1/Sn2 E1/E2 reactions gives me serious organic chemistry headaches. Once the MCAT was done, I remember thinking how nice it was to focus on medical texts. Congrats on the book. :thumbup:

No wonder you are in Miami. That place is littered with tennis courts. I remember interviewing with Gallegher when he was program director. Pretty sure he wrote a tennis book.
A one hander?... Nice. I think a winning one handed backhand is a tough shot and really nice to see going down the line with attitude. Pulling up on the racket never felt natural to me when hitting a one handed backhand. I’m a 2 hander dude that likes to hit from the baseline. I'm a 4.0 ATP. Current stick is a Wilson H6. 9.2 oz and 95 cm2. I’m kinda different in that I like looser strings than most... right at 54 lbs.

I have hung on to three of these for the last 3-4 years and have been very pleased:

Wilson-Hyper-Hammer-H6-Tennis-Racket15963.jpg

I’ve demo’d the Babolat aeropro drive Gt pictured below and I’m getting close to bitting the bullet:

4116266042_5e3c557e02.jpg

Sevo,

If I never had to hear the terms Markovnikov or electrophilic subsitution reaction again I'd be one happy tennis player!!! I'm just looking forward to POST-MCAT when I can "relax" for a year and await my fate. And by relax I mean work my butt off with my "other job" as a writer. One of the busiest years to date. But at least it's all from home. Where I can make 8am tennis with my partner...

I currently use this HEAD racquet:

Screenshot2011-03-21at61329AM.png

A far stretch from the sticks I've used over the years (in order): oh yeah...

Screenshot2011-03-21at62025AM.png

Then I turned to this beauty, which I played from I'd say 12-18 with, Mac was using it at the time as I recall...

Screenshot2011-03-21at62109AM.png

Moving up to a newer model, lighter and larger, thank you Mr. Agassi for bringing color to men's tennis:

Screenshot2011-03-21at62150AM.png

Anyway, I tested a Vokel once, wow, you need some SERIOUS CHOPS to hit with that puppy, can't recall the model but it was SOOOOOOoooo sensitive. Figures Mac would use that racquet, the guy can place a ball on a pinhead. I'm a USTA/ATP 4.5-5.0. Where are some of your favorite places you've played in your life?

I hit at the Rio de Janeiro yacht club on the red clay. That was a blast. They shut the courts down around Noon, too hot. No better time for a Brahma and some picanha. I was playing my father in law at the time. He was once the Rio Tennis Champ, in the 50s I guess. When I played him he was 75 and I had to use my serve to win. Could place the ball anywhere. Also, grass on Long Island was great. They have a grass court here on Key Biscayne but I couldn't bring myself to sneak on it, was closed off. And had a great couple days at the Westin La Paloma Resort in Tucson. Nice courts.

Of late, my racquet has been looking like this as I've been spending much more time in THESE, as my eldest is on the ice a lot...actually, both boys are on the ice a lot...

Screenshot2011-03-21at63258AM.png

You have to spring for that Babolat, it's so light as I recall. Everyone seems to love that stick. 54Lbs? Is that British Sterling Pounds or something???? :O Can you actually see the strings bend when you make contact?!?!? :)

D712

Last edited:
You have to spring for that Babolat, it's so light as I recall. Everyone seems to love that stick. 54Lbs? Is that British Sterling Pounds or something???? :O Can you actually see the strings bend when you make contact?!?!? :)

D712

Pretty light, but not lighter than my Wilson H6 (9.2 oz vs. 11.3 oz)... I don't know of many rackest that are lighter.

A far stretch from the sticks I've used over the years (in order): oh yeah...

Screenshot2011-03-21at62025AM.png

D712

:laugh::laugh:

That's awesome... I'm also your age and used to have one of those as a little tyke.

At 54 lbs. I definately have less control/preciseness, but my baseline groundstrokes and serve look like this:

fireball.jpg

or maybe just in my head.... :rolleyes:

I would say my achilles heal is that I like crushing the ball. It's just so much fun and feels so dang good when you end a long rally with a bang. Nothing makes me more happy than taking a serve and watching the ball hit 4-5 feet up on the back fence. Not as consistant as I'd like it to be however.

If I slowed my game up and played the percentage game I'd be a better palyer. I can't tell you how many times I end up going down the line instead of a crosscourt. I always find myself saying that I should have gone for the easier, higher % shot during a match. But... that's no fun and it's not my personality although I know it means many lost points over a match.

Tennis is a very mental game for me. I wish I had Federer's mental game... that guy can come back and win a 2-5 game loss in the last set. He's always amazed me in that way.

I'll give this one to Hewitt however.... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xscevi7aZuY

Last edited:

If my memory serves me right... it did count as a point.

What a rally! Great point. Hewitt was so darn quick, guy had heart.

I played with a wooden racquet that my mother kept in pristine condition, before that T2000 above, when I was about 8 or so, but I couldn't find a photo of it. Those were the days.

I'd say a downfall of mine as well is wanting to hit the ball hard!!! Whenever I hit with a pro they need to reset me back to neutral and get me to focus on longer rallies and not closing out points in 5 shots with a winner down the line. (who doesn't want to hit that running forehand like Lendl!!)

The problem is, my partner, who I had been hitting with for over a year until some throat issues has taken me off the court for a few months, while better than me, he doesn't like to play sets. Ever. So we just hit for an hour or two. When it finally comes time to play sets with some resident friends of mine, I'm not thinking about putting points together the way I should. Best part of my game, despite my love of hitting that backhand topspin, is my forehand. Even my partner, who has a much more well rounded game than me, gives me kudos on that thing. DEADLY!!!! And if it's a good day, and you know what I mean, LETHALLY DEADLY (redundant, I know). :laugh::laugh: The serve has softened up over the years due to me taking it easy on my shoulder. About 10 years ago, I saw a surgeon (who does the Mets pitchers) and he looked at my MRI and said, "Not the shoulder of a 27 year old." I said, "Um, then who's shoulder is it?" He pauses, "About a 50 year old." Apparently, I've beaten it to a pulp playing tennis, insane amounts of basketball (I'm 6'4'') baseball, hockey, and football. SLAP lesion from what he said. Oh well. It gets annoyed and tells me to slow down from time to time. Like a built in tennis pro. Especially when serving. Oh yes. When it gets to my forehand ROM, I'll get it fixed.

Have you ever been to any of the majors? Would you believe it if I told you I was in Wimbledon for the EPIC Federer v Nadal (rain interrupted) final from 08, I think? Are there any tourneys near your home?

D712

Whenever I hit with a pro they need to reset me back to neutral and get me to focus on longer rallies and not closing out points in 5 shots with a winner down the line. (who doesn't want to hit that running forehand like Lendl!!)

D712

:laugh: Ha... that is exactly what my pro has done with me the last 3-4 lessons. Our goal is to make it across the net 10+ times every single rally.

Have you ever been to any of the majors? Would you believe it if I told you I was in Wimbledon for the EPIC Federer v Nadal (rain interrupted) final from 08, I think? Are there any tourneys near your home?

D712

Never been to any of the majors. That Federer VS Nadal match was sick. Must have been fun. Yeah.. there are some tourney's around, but I'm the guy who goes to the group lessons for 1.5hrs on Wednesday night, league play during the week and lessons when I find the motivation.... I don't take it that seriously... I just love working out with a tennis racket in hand. Now that spring is here, I’m going to start clocking in some time with my ball machine.

I do fear that some day I'll need a shoulder repair. 4-5 years ago I landed on my right shoulder from a decent size hit on my snowboard. Icy day and landing. Dumb decision to be getting air on an icy day.... It was then I realized that I can't recover from injuries like I used to. My shoulder has never been the same since. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Man Rafa just spanked Roger down here in Miami. 6-3, 6-2.

D712

ha, you guys don't really believe that's a real shot, do you? I didn't realize those commercials tricked anyone

Sevo,

Hopefully you are aware of the FRENCH OPEN semi final schedule tomorrow...

Rafael Nadal ESP (1)
v
Andy Murray GBR (4)

&

Roger Federer SUI (3)
v
Novak Djokovic SRB (2)

Think matches start at 5 and 8am tomorrow morning ET (televised), and that means you can be up around 3am and catch Nadal/Murray before setting up your room!

Just a suggestion. :D

I have to think they both are going to be EPIC matches. Edge to Nadal and Djokovic I would think, but these could go any way.

Clay in the Spring. And Stanley Cup opens with a bang too. Loving it.

Yeah.... I favor Nadal over Murray.

If Djokovic can take out Federer (again), I think he has a real chance to take it.... I mean after all he's beat Nadal, Federer and Murray recently... and taken the #2 spot.

But since I am now a proud owner of the babolat aero pro drive GT... I'm going to have to go with Nadal. :D

Either way it's gonna be good.

But since I am now a proud owner of the babolat aero pro drive GT... I'm going to have to go with Nadal. :D

Haha, I know it's funny the reasons we root for players and buy equipment. You realize I have that head racquet because of a guy named Gustavo Kuerten who hasn't played in how many years?

I do favor the racquet though, ENJOY THAT BABOLAT (at 54LBS!!!!)

D712

Yeah.... I favor Nadal over Murray.

If Djokovic can take out Federer (again), I think he has a real chance to take it.... I mean after all he's beat Nadal, Federer and Murray recently... and taken the #2 spot.

Either way it's gonna be good.

Nadal Vs Federer for the Title on Sunday AM. Giddy up.

D712

:corny::corny::corny:

Epic Battle.... One of the greatest (if not the greatest) vs. #1 seat.

Honestly... I'm good with either winning.

Here we go!

You ever notice Federer's and Pete's Hemihypertropy? It's impressive.

Roger_Federer_0030.jpg

51703293.jpg

So far Nadal had a slow start... but he's picking up speed.... :D

Federer.... cool as ever, bringing it from the beginning. In the end these two guys are friends that will meet again... prolly in Wimbledon.

Who-s-the-better-player--Roger-Federer-or-Rafael-N.aspx

We'll see who wins this one....

I notice it most on Nadal and Sampras. In fact just before I pulled up this thread, I was looking at Nadal and wondering if, at family gatherings, everyone looks at him when encountering a stuck pickle jar.

I wish I could be surprised at the inevitable result of this match, but I can't honestly believe that Federer will ever regain the ability to beat Nadal on clay.

He might still have a chance on grass and I would love to see a rematch in next months final match.

- pod

I am struck by how old and tired Federer looks. He just stands there on one side of the baseline when it is clear that the ball has a 70% chance of going to the other side of the court. He should at least be starting toward the middle but doesn't.

As always, I think somebody really needs to buy some underwear for Nadal that don't ride up his butt. :laugh:

- pod

Yeah, I think Federer will probably retire in 3-4 years... looks much more tired and worn out than Nadal. Will be excited to see what Wimbledon brings...

Well, a nice match in the end with a couple swings across sets. Nadal is indeed the man on clay, arguably the best. Federer is always so composed whether up 2 sets or down 2 sets, and he's so fluid that I have a hard time seeing when he's tired or just simply lost the point. He's not Federer of 8 years ago, but on his turf, grass, next month will be AMAZING.

And as a reminder, I was at Wimbledon for the EPIC 2008 Fed v Nadal match.
: )

I say we get an SDN anesthesia goes to the US OPEN group set up in near future!!!

D712

I notice it most on Nadal and Sampras.
- pod

I hear you POD. He's def. got some megalohypertrophy. Almost looks like an iatrogenic hypertrophy (;)).

Talk about unusual physique. Nadal has some serious canons....
Not the body of the usual tennis rock star....

rafael_nadal_shirtless.jpg

I think this physique will be his downfall... People built like that get injuries all the time. Nadal has already proved that. But he's young.

Doc712 is right. Nadal owns clay. Federer shines on grass.

We shall see.....:corny:

Sevo,

Is that photo authentic? Nadal has guns, but that does NOT look like his back, neck, shoulder, THICKNESS in general...?

x350.jpg

rafanike1.jpg

nadal_shirtless.jpg

These seem more like it. I hope I "get the joke" in the picture above, or I'm gonna have a hard time making clinical diagnosis in my career...! HA

D712

Last edited:
Not sure bro... You'd be surprised what a couple of months of roids would do to someone who is in their mid 20's... Not saying that's what were are seeing but certainly a possibility.

These could be photoshopped, but I'm not sure...

You've seen the guy in person, so I'll trust your judgement over mine.

rafael-nadal.jpg

rafa-muscles-rafael-nadal-12457455-800-600.jpg

melbourne3.jpg

rafael_nadal_html.jpg

nadal.jpg

2d837f40f0e6792043124d48f132_grande.jpg

3341757260_924d01c295_o.jpg

Home boy is not a kid any more.... he's growing up....:D

Sevo,

Is that photo authentic? Nadal has guns, but that does NOT look like his back, neck, shoulder, THICKNESS in general...?

You are prolly right though... makes me think of:

strong.jpg

Woah, you may be right, my photos were about 12-18 months old, but I'm wondering, do they not test for juice in ATP/USTA? It's an altogether different question but I wonder if it's sort of "known"? Otherwise how can you POSSIBLE explain the difference in his physiques between my shots and yours in 2 years.

Onto Wimby...! Strawberries and cream, breakfast at Wimbledon...

This question has def. been asked:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWuhO1pMYlk[/YOUTUBE]

They do test, but I don't know how frequently.

Either way... I think he's an amazing athlete and it's very possible it's all natural. A good friend of mine looks like that and has never used... just excellent protoplasm/genes.

Strawberries and Cream it is.

Wow, very interesting. Good points.

Well I'm tired from a long 3 setter today...

Later!

D712

Sevo,

He was ripped when I saw him walk past me after finishing up a practice rally with Johnny Mac at the US open. 2006. More skinny ripped than TRUE JPP guns, but perhaps time will tell with Nadal.

Tomorrow morning at 8am, finally, after a long lay off, some annoying health stuff and 6 months of living in Boston, I hit the court with my partner. 2X a week now, Tues and Thurs AM. No end date. REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!
:D

D712

Tomorrow morning at 8am, finally, after a long lay off, some annoying health stuff and 6 months of living in Boston, I hit the court with my partner. 2X a week now, Tues and Thurs AM. No end date. REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!

D712

Awesome dude. Kinda funny how the tennis courts fill up after the french open/wimby. We are gonna have to hit some time. You ever been to any adult camps? http://www.tennisresortsonline.com/trofiles/Top100.cfm
Looks like fun.

mauna%20kea%20tennis.jpg

FWIW, I highly suggest getting a ball machine. It isn't like hitting with a partner... but it is available whenever you want, it never gets tired, you can program side to side or random + topspin or backspin + speed/heavy baseline hits. You can can hit 1000 balls in a relatively short time. Good to work on your serve as well as you'll likely have a couple baskets full of balls (200 or so).

Excellent cardio workout and tons of fun...

Awesome dude. Kinda funny how the tennis courts fill up after the french open/wimby. We are gonna have to hit some time. You ever been to any adult camps? http://www.tennisresortsonline.com/trofiles/Top100.cfm
Looks like fun.

mauna%20kea%20tennis.jpg

FWIW, I highly suggest getting a ball machine. It isn't like hitting with a partner... but it is available whenever you want, it never gets tired, you can program side to side or random + topspin or backspin + speed/heavy baseline hits. You can can hit 1000 balls in a relatively short time. Good to work on your serve as well as you'll likely have a couple baskets full of balls (200 or so).

Excellent cardio workout and tons of fun...

Hey,

This morning was a hard hour and half of cardio on the tennis court after a long break. Not complaining, was amazing. One of those workouts where you are still sweating after you get out of the shower. Was on the court at 730am sharp. :thumbup:

I have used a lot of ball machines in my life, whether at old condo in Woodland Hills, CA (where it can easily reach 110 in the afternoon/summer), or at a tennis club, or hotel. They are amazing and you are right - tons of fun and an amazing workout. Especially if you program side to side...ouch.

My timing was a bit off this am, but I got the forehand going pretty well. But when your legs don't wanna move, it's hard. Backhand is very rusty.

I've never played at any adult camps. I say we try and find a court in Chicago and hit if you're going to ASA this Oct, there's an outside chance I'll have an abstract/poster this year...whaddya say? That pic looks like Hawaii, even though I've never been to Hawaii...

Those camps look great, about 12-15 are in Florida and could be a drive away for me. Lots of pros train down here from what I understand, and the kids at Bollitteri's too. Gotta hit up one of those places for a week camp, would be killer!

D712

Wow.....:eek::eek::wow::wow:

Nadal Gets a woooopn' and now seated #2.

Yeah. Had a great morning. Was at resort in Naples Florida. Played with pro from 8 to 9. Over to beach. Waverunners. Dolphin slottings.
Off beach to pool with tv. Saw final set at beach bar with virgin coladas and boys by my side. Really strong statement by djoc.
Us open should be interesting. Woulda been nice is fed and NADAL had a long Sampras v Agassi like rivalry. But it's been great. NADAL undone on grass.
Handily. Nice for the Serb. D712

That's great.

How about this for tennis fans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QSK9t6OrgU&playnext=1&list=PLF66CAD0BB08628CC

I loved Andre's autobiography by the way. What a great read that was.

Woah, you may be right, my photos were about 12-18 months old, but I'm wondering, do they not test for juice in ATP/USTA? It's an altogether different question but I wonder if it's sort of "known"? Otherwise how can you POSSIBLE explain the difference in his physiques between my shots and yours in 2 years.

Onto Wimby...! Strawberries and cream, breakfast at Wimbledon...

Ive seen Nadal twice at the cinci tournament. He was definately ripped, but i dont think his arms were really that big. I would guess 15-16" at most, he is actually 5-10 lbs lighter now than a few years ago so I think he is natural. I love going to to that event to watch them practice, you are literally a few feet away!

Alright Sevo, make your predictions now. Semis and Finals...

Here are mine. Do you get to watch the matches today...rain delay over now, taking court.

Federer v Djokovic

Nadal v Murray

That first match is a real tough one. Man. Both headed in opposite directions, and one arguably best player ever. I say DJOK wins in 4 or 5.

Second match, Nadal. Murray is a great player, but I think Nadal's strokes were so strong yesterday and Murray had to dig deep, I give it to Nadal.

DJOK and NADAL in final. I say NADAL takes it! Long as he is healthy.

Let's see if I have a future in tennis bookmaking...

D712

Ahh..... dude... just stepped outta the shower after a 3 hour session with the ball machine + 'bout 200 serves. Temp was like 77 degrees. Perfect.

CPK's are in the 100,000 range.... Barely even able to write this post... but feels sooooo good. :D

As for your predictions.... well, I agree. Although I'm not sure 'bout Nadal as the winner (as much as I would like to see him win;)).

He's def. got Murray IMHO.

Now... a non sweetened Iced tea, a couch and some HD Tennis watching. +/- a Nap.

:corny:

Sounds perfect, Doc!

I'm on the couch too, morning at the ice rink with my future hall-of-famer! Nothing strenuous for me though they have a Brooklyn Water Bagels shop in the rink, and, as a transplanted NYer I can actually say these bagels are EXACTLY like NY bagels. Better than some actually. You couldn't tell the difference. Only bagel outside NY that tastes true to form. So, it's always a little strenuous to choose between Sesame or Plain. :D

On serve here in the first, I hope you have a nice supply of popcorn... this is gonna take a while! :)

D712

What a match! Great tennis. Huge points all match.
Match # 2 coming up...

Not accomplishing much today...

D712

Federer had his chance on that one....wow. I actually thought he would take it when he was up in the 5th.

Great effort by Djokovic!

Ughhh..... Craziness. But not really.... But really. Tides have turned....

But......

So many emotions.

:boom::boom: