If you like tennis you'll like this....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sev,

Yeah, that was a long match. Nadal didn't play his best, for sure, but Djokovic should get due credit. Just too good tonight. I really thought it was going to go the distance when he won that third set 7-6.

Hoping you are crushing those Nadal-like top spin shots like Nadal now that you are nice and used to your racquet!!!!! :cool:

D712

Members don't see this ad.

Sevo,

Hope you're up nice and early watching these two play on the clay in Paris? First game underway and Nadal looks REALLY strong. FRENCH OPEN 2012.

D712

Members don't see this ad :)
Hasn't lost a set in 2 weeks. One more and he makes history.... :)

Rain gods did me a favor. Had too much to do with kids today.
Tomorrow they'll be in camp. 7am ET start for the remainder.
If Djok gets off the bad start again we are done in 26 mins.

D712

Last edited:
He may not be number one...

but he's the king of clay....

7 french opens in a row! No one has EVER done that.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/Rafael+Nadal+wins+record+seventh+French+Open/6762684/story.html

rafael-nadal.jpg

620-qJEZu.MiSt.55.jpeg

628x471.jpg

Yep, Sev, he tops Bjorn's 6 French Opens and squarely gives himself the title of best clay court player ever to walk the earth. The guy is a monster.

Hard court season here we come...

D712

And I HOPE you are watching this Wimbledon final Dr. Sevo? It's turning out to be an AMAZING match, and only first round. Rooting for Murray and he's about to win first set...

Would be a drink of water for UK after 80 years of a Brit winning!!!!!!

(note: Murray grabs first set, crowd goes INSANE!!!!!)

D712

While I feel for Murray, I am kind of glad Fed matched Sampras and his Wimbledon feat.

Wish I had seen this thread earlier! I picked tennis up a little later (around 15) after getting injured as a baseball pitcher, but played state and regional junior's. D712, like you, I am tall (6'5") and have had shoulder issues with my serve. Initially injured it doing stupid things like heavy benching, but my service motion had a lot of arm drag a la Stefan Edberg. I was also told by my doc that I didn't have the shoulder of an 18-year old any longer and I have since modified my motion to accomodate the reality of being nearly 40. I still hit the crap out of a semi-western forehand with lots of spin, though!

I play the Prince Exo Black with RPM blast at 52/52 and am able to get through 2-3 matches before the inevitable string pop. I am a USTA 4.0-4.5 currently with dreams of again ascending to a 5.0 level. Unlikely, of course, due to time constraints and my involvement with my kids' sports. My 10-year old has played for 2 years and already has 2 ALTA city plates. I am hoping to develop him over the next few years.

Just returned from a week of sun and tennis (and occasional rain!) at Sea Pines in Hilton Head. Great facility and some amazing coaches, not to mention some incredible juniors at the Smith-Stearns Academy. So much fun!

Glad there are some other tennis nuts on here!

PMMD

Pmichael,

Welcome to the tennis thread! Welcome
I hope to hit with you one day, but I can see
I'll need to get the rust off. One more and me, u and Sevo
Have a doubles match going!!!!

Us open next. Predictions...?

D712

Pmichael,

Welcome to the tennis thread! Welcome
I hope to hit with you one day, but I can see
I'll need to get the rust off. One more and me, u and Sevo
Have a doubles match going!!!!

Us open next. Predictions...?

D712

That would be awesome! Always looking to play more tennis!
I think Djokovic will likely rally and win the Ooen, although i am hopeful for the Americans. I think Big John Isner is our best hope. If he can hold his groundies together, he has a shot. He just has to avoid an early round 5 setter.

Who do you think will take it?

My coracobrachialis is giving me some serious issues... but I'm in.

You guys have any crepitus with passive motion of your shoulder? I like to come straight down on my serves... powerful... but caustic on my joints. I'm leaning towards a kick serve nowadays... Not as fun.

Ughh...

I'm starting to take a little less pace off the ball and just try to move my oponent from side to side and play the court. Conservation of energy.. but not as fun. :mad:

I'm getting old.

My coracobrachialis is giving me some serious issues... but I'm in.

You guys have any crepitus with passive motion of your shoulder? I like to come straight down on my serves... powerful... but caustic on my joints. I'm leaning towards a kick serve nowadays... Not as fun.

Ughh...

I'm starting to take a little less pace off the ball and just try to move my oponent from side to side and play the court. Conservation of energy.. but not as fun. :mad:

I'm getting old.

No crepitus, thankfully, but I don't have the range of motion I enjoyed as a junior. I still try to hit flat on first serves and save the kickers for seconds. I do notice a little tennis elbow from time to time, but that may be due to the excessive topspin with which I hit my forehands.
Getting older DOES stink, doesn't it? Grr.

Yes, crepitus in the right shoulder. Especially when I test range of motion.
I've served hard more than once and completely walked off the court because I knew I did something. heals with rest. But more often lately it's just uncomfy and def feel clunking and cracking when testing it out. Serve only. never ground strokes. I don't want surgery. And right now don't play enough to make it logical. Hoping my 40s are packed with tennis tho.

I also go REALLY flat on my first serve and save the spin for the seconds. Nothing like a big kick out wide on the 2nd serve ad court. Or laying one flat on the T on a great first serve ad court. Height pays dividends here.

D712