Illinois CVM c/o 2023 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Per the website notifications won't be sent until January for February interviews. We still have a way to go before we hear.
Mid-December is when they notify whether you made it past Phase 1 (academic only) or not. If you do, you go into Phase 2 and they look at the rest of your app and make interviews decisions based on Phase 1 & 2 mid-to-late-January.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if they are sending them out in alphabetical order. My last name starts with an F.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For interviews, is it a combination of Phase I and II that determine who receives one? Or is it solely Phase II?
 
For interviews, is it a combination of Phase I and II that determine who receives one? Or is it solely Phase II?
On their website, it says that the people who review our applications and decide don't have access to phase 1 material, so I'm guessing it's just based off of phase II.
 
For interviews, is it a combination of Phase I and II that determine who receives one? Or is it solely Phase II?

On their website, it says that the people who review our applications and decide don't have access to phase 1 material, so I'm guessing it's just based off of phase II.

It's based off your score between Phase 1 and 2. It's just that the phase 2 people don't know your info/score from phase 1, I believe.

My year, all of the phase 1 peeps were told the same day.
 
Suuuuuper disappointed I didn't hear anything yesterday [emoji17] I was pretty confident in my application here [emoji174]

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
 
Same. I've had an interview at Illinois before, so I was sure I would at least make it through phase 1.
Yeah I was pretty confident in my application too.

Oh well.

Maybe we will still hear something, though bats saying her class had all heard about phase 2 on the same day I kinda lost hope. Let's all be positive together.. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a rejection email yet? I am curious to hear as I am assuming that those who have not received a "phase 2" notice have been rejected but no notice emails have got out stating so as far as I know.
 
Has anyone received a rejection email yet? I am curious to hear as I am assuming that those who have not received a "phase 2" notice have been rejected but no notice emails have got out stating so as far as I know.
In previous years, rejections were via snail mail. I'm not sure if this is still the case, perhaps @batsenecal might be more 'in the know?'