Illinois CVM c/o 2023 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like people heard back about phase 1 today last year. Anyone get anything yet?
We (second years) just got our rotation schedules today so you probably won't hear anything today.... BUT I bet it'll be soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
We (second years) just got our rotation schedules today so you probably won't hear anything today.... BUT I bet it'll be soon!

And apparently some third years got their fourth year schedule today.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Per the website notifications won't be sent until January for February interviews. We still have a way to go before we hear.

Per the website notifications won't be sent until January for February interviews. We still have a way to go before we hear.
Mid-December is when they notify whether you made it past Phase 1 (academic only) or not. If you do, you go into Phase 2 and they look at the rest of your app and make interviews decisions based on Phase 1 & 2 mid-to-late-January.

Reactions: 5 users
*Maps out equation on calendar to figure out exactly what is considered the cutoff for “mid-December”*

Reactions: 3 users
I just decided to be clingy and emailed admissions earlier to get an idea so i’ll let yall know if they answer :)

Reactions: 10 users
They said once decisions have been made emails will be sent out. So no real clear timeline yet but hopefully soon

Passed Phase 1. On to phase 2!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Made it through Phase I!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Made it through Phase I!!!
Same here! Does anyone know how many people make it through the first phase, and your chances of getting an interview if you do?

Through the first phase! One step closer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! Does anyone know how many people make it through the first phase, and your chances of getting an interview if you do?

On their website- it says over 350 applicants (approximately 150 Illinois and 200-250 OSS) will be offered a interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I haven't gotten anything yet...slightly disconcerting :S

wondering if the emails are staggered.

I wonder if they are sending them out in alphabetical order. My last name starts with an F.

do they usually send rejections out the same day?

For interviews, is it a combination of Phase I and II that determine who receives one? Or is it solely Phase II?

Reactions: 1 user
For interviews, is it a combination of Phase I and II that determine who receives one? Or is it solely Phase II?
On their website, it says that the people who review our applications and decide don't have access to phase 1 material, so I'm guessing it's just based off of phase II.

Also got the email today that I'm moving on to Phase II. I'm OOS. I wish they didn't interview so late - Feb. 18th seems so far out!

On their website, it says that the people who review our applications and decide don't have access to phase 1 material, so I'm guessing it's just based off of phase II.

It's based off your score between Phase 1 and 2. It's just that the phase 2 people don't know your info/score from phase 1, I believe.

My year, all of the phase 1 peeps were told the same day.

IS got my phase II email at 2:22pm.
Also wondering if we know how many make it to phase II...

Moved on to phase 2! My email came at around 3:30 yesterday. I honestly had lost hope after a week of bad news so I really needed this one little glimmer of hope

Reactions: 7 users
Suuuuuper disappointed I didn't hear anything yesterday I was pretty confident in my application here

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Suuuuuper disappointed I didn't hear anything yesterday I was pretty confident in my application here

Wait until January emails to lose hope. You never know!

Same. I've had an interview at Illinois before, so I was sure I would at least make it through phase 1.

Same. I've had an interview at Illinois before, so I was sure I would at least make it through phase 1.
Yeah I was pretty confident in my application too.

Oh well.

Maybe we will still hear something, though bats saying her class had all heard about phase 2 on the same day I kinda lost hope. Let's all be positive together.. :p

As an FYI, ASA will probs be closed til January 2nd.

Has anyone received a rejection email yet? I am curious to hear as I am assuming that those who have not received a "phase 2" notice have been rejected but no notice emails have got out stating so as far as I know.

Has anyone received a rejection email yet? I am curious to hear as I am assuming that those who have not received a "phase 2" notice have been rejected but no notice emails have got out stating so as far as I know.
In previous years, rejections were via snail mail. I'm not sure if this is still the case, perhaps @batsenecal might be more 'in the know?'

My knowledge fails me here. I'm not sure if they send out rejections prior to interview offers or not.