Im still doing terrible on Chem section of prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

amaghsou

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DAT coming in about 13 days and it seems like my 2+ months of prep have gone to waste. Although comparatively, Im doing well on all the other sections, Im scoring 14 and 16 on Bootcamp chem portion. Ironically, chem has been the section I've been prepping for the most as I knew it was my weakness. I watched and rewatched Chad's (about 4-5 times now), did Destroyer, supplemental problems, yet I'm not getting any good result. I am at the point of rescheduling my DAT for chem, but at this point, I dont even think that extra time will help me. Any thoughts on what I should would appreciated.
 
I noticed for chem, at least when it comes to hard questions. It's about knowing how to set up the problem. Just try to remember and understand the pattern. I remember a question on bootcamp dealing with a question about density, it was worded weird and I got it wrong, yet it was so easy. They might try to make a basic topic seem more difficult, but try to work through it. Also keep doing problems over again and learn from the mistakes. Instead of watching chad's vids again, just learn from solving the problem. PRACTICE
 
I noticed for chem, at least when it comes to hard questions. It's about knowing how to set up the problem. Just try to remember and understand the pattern. I remember a question on bootcamp dealing with a question about density, it was worded weird and I got it wrong, yet it was so easy. They might try to make a basic topic seem more difficult, but try to work through it. Also keep doing problems over again and learn from the mistakes. Instead of watching chad's vids again, just learn from solving the problem. PRACTICE
Thank you for the response. Do you think I should reschedule my test?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad