Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Step 1: 251
Step 2 CK: 245
Step 2 CS: Pass
Step 3: 223
YoG: 2013
Visa Status: Need visa
Programs Applied to: 65
Also fired from last residency - 65 programs only is going to be very low amount of programs
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Step 1: 251
Step 2 CK: 245
Step 2 CS: Pass
Step 3: 223
YoG: 2013
Visa Status: Need visa
Programs Applied to: 65
who got fired? for what? why? how?Also fired from last residency - 65 programs only is going to be very low amount of programs
I added 4 to all. I heard it doesnt hurt us. Worst case if they want three they just drop 1.
Read the previous post history. Wow from IMreshopeful.who got fired? for what? why? how?
Nope. No acknowledgements, rejections. Nothing.anyone get 'optional' supplementary applications from programs?
1st acknowledgement!!!!
Yes. Take it as an n=1. But I just got ECFMG certified today and now the acknowledgement came in. Nothing yesterday. To me that means some programs filter by ECFMG certification.what does acknowledgement mean? I take it they are trying to say you have not been auto-rejected?
1st acknowledgement from NY!!!
Guys I'm scared! I haven't gotten any acknowledgements yet, is this good or bad??
Yeah just nice to have something.Honestly, I don’t know. I’m just happy, that it’s not a rejection 🙂)
who got fired? for what? why? how?
I read a little bit, all I can saw is WOW!See the poster I quoted
I don’t mean it in a malicious way - it’s genuinely an uphill battle answer 65 programs is a very small amount. But if there are restrictions on H1 and grad year that’s a separate issue
No I think the person is re-applying to residency from PGY-1 is my understanding.I read a little bit, all I can saw is WOW!
So that person is going for PGY-2? not in the same category as the rest of us
Give it at least til mid october to get someNothing yet? I am beginning to freak out
Step 1 will hurt you a little since a lot of programs filter at 220, other than that I think your a solid candidate. Especially with CK improvement, USCE, YOG and a citizen. You may want to email some programs that state minimum 220 and express your interest and improvement.Hey guys,
Step 1: 215
Step 2CK: 240
Step 2CS: pass
all first attempts
USCE: 10 months total, 3 months clerkship
Research: was a research assistant with BU, and a case report
YOG: Dec 2016
citizen US IMG
4 US LORs
applied to over 260 programs
Yeah its not the greatest lineup, but I'm hoping its enough. What are my chances?
You'll be fine with these stats.US-IMG
Step 1: 244+
Step 2: 244+
Step 2 CS: Pass
USCE: All US Rotations
YOG: 2018
Research: 5 months at a major academic center. 1 First Author Manuscript Submission. Another 2 manuscripts that'll be submitted in the next couple weeks, will update programs when they're submitted. 1 Poster Presentation.
EC: Med Mission Trip Abroad.
Feel Free to provide feedback as to how I stand as a candidate.
I'm definitely going to try that, thanks bud.Step 1 will hurt you a little since a lot of programs filter at 220, other than that I think your a solid candidate. Especially with CK improvement, USCE, YOG and a citizen. You may want to email some programs that state minimum 220 and express your interest and improvement.
Really?!! In this group? If so, why?People have interviews but are not sharing, I dont understand why?
Hello everyone,
Congratulations to all on completion of their steps , and great scores.
I see here many students have great scores and no red flags.
I am an opposite case , and i decided to share , hope that's ok .
IMG (need visa )
Step 1 211 (first and major red flag)
Step 2 CK 233
Step 2 Cs pass
All pass in first attempt.
YOG 2010 (2nd red flag) , Also med school from russia internship in india
USCE : 3months in IM , LOR 3(ECFMG still uploading them)
applied to 120 IM programm so far.
US-IMG
Step 1: 244+
Step 2: 244+
Step 2 CS: Pass
USCE: All US Rotations
YOG: 2018
Research: 5 months at a major academic center. 1 First Author Manuscript Submission. Another 2 manuscripts that'll be submitted in the next couple weeks, will update programs when they're submitted. 1 Poster Presentation.
EC: Med Mission Trip Abroad.
Feel Free to provide feedback as to how I stand as a candidate.
Step 1 226
Step CK 233
CS passed
All 1st attempt
YOG 2015
USCE 3 months
3/4 US LoRs
103 programs
Pending Green Card
1 acknowledgement from program in Florida
Hi, I am a U.S IMG and I have a dilemma. I am struggling somewhat to condense my pre-selected number of programs (150 plus each) under Family & Internal Med speciaIties respectively. Due to the fact that this application process is expensive, I want to apply broadly but efficiently as well. I wanted to know what is/are the major factor(s) to consider to help finalize condense my program list. Any insight will be well appreciated. Thanks 🙂
N:B I narrowed my list already based on percent IMG, step scores (somewhat), eligibility criteria in the respective states across the U.S & participates in (2018/2019)ERAs and NRMP.
Some hospitals share program coordinators between programs. So it may just happen that if you apply to FM and IM to that same program, your application to both programs may not be well received by the administrators. It seems this show lack of commitment to the specialty (which I honestly don’t understand given the similarities between both). I would avoid applying to the same hospital if this is the case. Depending on your scores, you may distribute between academic and community-based programs since competitiveness varies between those. Finally, do you have any geographic preferences? Or urban vs. rural? You won’t need a car necessarily in cities with adequate public transportation, so this would cut down prices. If you have a SO, make sure you apply somewhere where they can also find a job. These are just a few thoughts off the top of my head...
. I will consider everything you’ve shared and i will post my final decision soon!!!Hey, I feel the same every time I checked this forum haha. Most of the people participating here have extraordinary scores, a lot of USCE, publications and so on.
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of applicants with similar stats than yours but they avoid to write [I don't blame them]. Just look the NRMP official stats. I think you have a better chance where you did your rotations. I would suggest you to email the programs that have a specific score cut-off but are IMG friendly and try to express your interest and how you did much better in CK. 120 programs are fine if you avoided those with strict cut-off's and specific YOG. Some programs urge applicants to not apply if they don't fulfill all of their requirements and some others show more flexibility. Also you should use every contact that you made during your rotations and ask them to phone the program directors that they're in contact with. Whenever you obtain an interview is on you to shine when you get there.
Good luck.

or for Post Match.
US IMG
Step 1: 213
Step 2: 226
Step 3: pass
ECFMG certified
Chances of matching into Internal Medicine?
Hey, I feel the same every time I checked this forum haha. Most of the people participating here have extraordinary scores, a lot of USCE, publications and so on.
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of applicants with similar stats than yours but they avoid to write [I don't blame them]. Just look the NRMP official stats. I think you have a better chance where you did your rotations. I would suggest you to email the programs that have a specific score cut-off but are IMG friendly and try to express your interest and how you did much better in CK. 120 programs are fine if you avoided those with strict cut-off's and specific YOG. Some programs urge applicants to not apply if they don't fulfill all of their requirements and some others show more flexibility. Also you should use every contact that you made during your rotations and ask them to phone the program directors that they're in contact with. Whenever you obtain an interview is on you to shine when you get there.
Good luck.
i asked this before and nobody responded but i really need help! IMG whos ecfmg eligible but i graduate in jan 2019 so i dont have certificate yet. should i email programs and let them know if i dont get invites by end of oct?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.