MD IMG Surgical Sub-I for future General Surgery Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Peds_Z

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

By July I will be a final year Medical Student in Europe.
How is a Sub-I in Plastic Surgery (with a focus on Pediatric Plastics - Craniofacial Surgery) and therefore a pretty good LoR going to help me match into General Surgery Residency? I am more interested in following a Pediatric Surgery Fellowship afterwards (or less likely Plastic Surgery and then Pediatric Plastic Surgery), but due to the high competitiveness of summer months for Sub-Is for IMGs, this Sub-I is possibly my only option. I am planning in doing another 2-3 surgical rotations in winter (possibly Gen Surg, Peds Surg, Trauma Surg).
Do you think I should go for this Plastic Surgery Sub-I?

Thanks in advance.