Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am apart of a D21 class which was given the option of taking the traditional boards (NBDE 1 & 2) or the INBDE. However, I noticed there hasn't been much conversation between the two exams and discussion over the pros/cons of taking one over the other.
Here is the official page for the INBDE.
Quicks Facts:
Here is the official page for the INBDE.
Quicks Facts:
- Taken when you'd usually take NBDE II
- 300-450 Questions (vs. 900 Questions NBDE I+II)
- "test relies less on rote knowledge and information recall than the current NBDE examinations do, and instead it emphasizes the decision-making process relevant to the safe practice of dentistry, through the integration of the basic sciences and dental and clinical science" - INBDE Student Fact Sheet
. I took Part 1 like <2mo ago because it's been around for so long and there are so many resources for it already out there, but I did spend a lot of time debating between the two. I think at UCLA, they're not letting students take INBDE until 3rd year (probably near the end of 3rd year tbh), so maybe in a year from now there'll be more resources to study with?